PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Reach SF From a Balanced 4th Quarter?

Inger67
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I didn't see one from Vee's quarter so of course I'll take the initiative :bounce: Pretty big names, although not all in form. Seems to be a balanced quarter all in all with Vera, Petra and Vee the biggest threats.

sam.jones
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:23 AM
it is NOT balanced...Venus in there...She won't lose to JJ again that early...and I am not a fan at all...
She will habe a tough match with petra though

Henpova
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:37 AM
it is NOT balanced...Venus in there...She won't lose to JJ again that early...and I am not a fan at all...
She will habe a tough match with petra though

Last time Venus played JJ...she lost 60 61...and JJ leads the head to head...both JJ and Venus have not been playing that well...so I don't think you can be so sure JJ won't win...

KBlade
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Last time Venus played JJ...she lost 60 61...and JJ leads the head to head...both JJ and Venus have not been playing that well...so I don't think you can be so sure JJ won't win...

Yeah, on clay, when Venus was playing her first tournament back from injuring herself in Miami. That also coincided that Jankovic was playing her best tennis of the year, and having taken out Indian Wells earlier and making her run to the final in the same tournament that she inflicted that loss upon Venus.

This is grass, Venus's surface. Jankovic may have beaten her in 2006, but she's a good step and a half slower now then she was then, her weapons have disintergrated some what and she is no longer fearless. Factor in that her confidence is near an all time low, and things don't look that great for her.

and Given Jankovic's Grandslam record outside of Roland Garros over the past two years, there's a high possibility that she gets upset before the third round :shrug:

And Venus has hardly been playing at all, so how can you assume she's playing badly? She beat the world number 11 and 17 in her first two matches back, and dominated Ivanovic. Sure, she went out to Hantuchova, but she got the match play she wanted.

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Shuai Zhang :rocker:

Leo St
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Shuai Zhang :rocker:

dude stop making up chinese players..

kiddin

Gdsimmons
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Petra

Henpova
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Yeah, on clay, when Venus was playing her first tournament back from injuring herself in Miami. That also coincided that Jankovic was playing her best tennis of the year, and having taken out Indian Wells earlier and making her run to the final in the same tournament that she inflicted that loss upon Venus.

This is grass, Venus's surface. Jankovic may have beaten her in 2006, but she's a good step and a half slower now then she was then, her weapons have disintergrated some what and she is no longer fearless. Factor in that her confidence is near an all time low, and things don't look that great for her.

and Given Jankovic's Grandslam record outside of Roland Garros over the past two years, there's a high possibility that she gets upset before the third round :shrug:

And Venus has hardly been playing at all, so how can you assume she's playing badly? She beat the world number 11 and 17 in her first two matches back, and dominated Ivanovic. Sure, she went out to Hantuchova, but she got the match play she wanted.

Dominating Ivanovic is not a big deal any more...and I think Hantuchova beat Venus not Venus just not wanting to win. She has not played since the AO so I would believe she would want all the match play she can get...the same goes with Serena...they get days off at Wimbledon, so they would have plenty of time to recover.

All I am saying is...you can't say that JJ has no chance...

KarlyM*
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Petra :shrug: