2000 US Open Jelena Dokic def. Francesca Schiavone 7-6(4), 7-5
2001 Moscow Jelena Dokic def. Francesca Schiavone 6-2, 6-0
2011 Kuala Lumpur Jelena Dokic def. Francesca Schiavone 2-6, 7-6(1), 6-4

Sammo
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
This upset would be just... it would make my Wimbledon :drool:

SM
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
In her three meetings with the world number seven Italian, Dokic has emerged victorious, including when they met in Kuala Lumpur in February.

"I'm looking forward to that match actually because we played in Kuala Lumpur on the hard court and a pretty high-bouncing court that maybe suits her a little bit more and on grass I think maybe I have a little bit of an advantage," Dokic said.

"I play a little bit more aggressive than her and I play more flat and her top spin game, she cannot use it as much maybe as on clay in the French Open, so it's tough for both of us to play that match first round but I'm looking forward to the match."

Of her Wimbledon draw, Dokic said "It's not maybe the best draw but it's definitely not the toughest", adding that Rosmalen has been excellent preparation.

"I am happy that I have been able to win all these matches here and I haven't lost a set yet, so a great sign for me. I have to be happy with my form," she said.

Cinek
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Go Jelena :D

justineheninfan
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Schiavones French Open run will get her back on track, and she isnt going to have a letdown since she isnt coming off an unworldy shock and high like last year. I see Schiavone in 2 close sets, maybe 3. Dokic really isnt a top player at this point.

Vincey!
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Hopefully Jelena can keep her Rosmalen form and beat Fran in 2, but I'm expecting it to be Dokic's in 3 cuz Fran will just fight and fight lol

SM
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Schiavone better have some good sex before this match :o

Shaun:::
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Jelly:cheer:

Huntress55
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Jelena winning this match would be amazing! :D

Kəv.
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=437936

Mashabator
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Cmon Jelly

madmax
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
can Sexa upset Dokic this time arround? Highly unlikely on grass I'd say...

Pops Maellard
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM
JD will win this one.

MaruSharapova
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I hope Jelena!

TheHangover
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Schiavone sucks on grass, we all know that, but the dokic that is playing in 's-Hertogenbosch is mediocre, just saw her beating an immoble, injured oprandi and she looked obviously far from her best, but also far from her february 2011 form. their head to head doesn't mean anything in the first two meetings dokic was at the top, schiavone not. In their last meeting schiavone didn't care at all in kuala lumpur! i wait to see if jelena can beat vinci today

kittyking
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Jelly is good in opening rounds, remember when she beat Martina Hingis? Jelly wins 6-4 7-5

Ferg
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Its nice to see Dokic's fans so confident.

Wert.
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Jelena should win this easily and probably reach 4th round

TheHangover
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
jelena just lost to vinci, i don't see why she is considered so favourite vs schiavone

18majors
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Dokic.

Andy.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
jelena just lost to vinci, i don't see why she is considered so favourite vs schiavone
Vinci has a fantastic grass court game. She has a great slice, great drop shots, decent serve, comes in a lot and has amazing volleys. Her game was tailor made to cause Dokic problems. Although their games share some similarities Schiavone plays with a lot more topspin and doesnt come in as much. Her game is much more suited to clay.

cn ireland
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Tough draw but I think Jelena will come through in 3!

Shinjiro
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Schiavone sure won't go down without a fight – I hope Jelena will be up for it!

TheHangover
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Vinci has a fantastic grass court game. She has a great slice, great drop shots, decent serve, comes in a lot and has amazing volleys. Her game was tailor made to cause Dokic problems. Although their games share some similarities Schiavone plays with a lot more topspin and doesnt come in as much. Her game is much more suited to clay.

schiavone has better forehand and serve than vinci, she can slice too and come in more frequently if she wants, i'm not saying that schiavone will win because i know that dokic can play better than she did today, i only find strange that dokic is so in front in the poll, but (almost) anything can happen with schiavone, so i don't vote, i hope schiavone will win

DokDi
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Schiavone in 2.

Yes, Jelena had a couple of good wins this week, but is still far from top form. IMO it's unlikely she will keep up a good level of play for 2 consecutive weeks.

Andy.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
schiavone has better forehand and serve than vinci, she can slice too and come in more frequently if she wants, i'm not saying that schiavone will win because i know that dokic can play better than she did today, i only find strange that dokic is so in front in the poll, but (almost) anything can happen with schiavone, so i don't vote, i hope schiavone will win
One thing I would say is that Vinci's forehand is much better suited to grass. Its much flatter and more penetrating and scoots through the court a lot more than Franny's.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM

on grass Roby's FH is better than Fran's ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Result today made me rethink my vote. Fran will likely come through.

AnywhereButHome
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Scorpione in 2 :p