PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Why do a lot of you seem to have such a problem with her? She is number one in the world through sheer hard work. So yes she does deserve it. Ok she hasan't won a slam yet but im sure she will she is only 20 years of age so plenty of time!!! Also she always comes across as a lovely person not arrogant in the slightest.

Bronx19
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
The number one with a massive asterisk, thats why.

The girl cant make it to quarters at Grandslams, its sad.

Blu€
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM

:weirdo: I think you are confusing her with Azarenka :)

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Im not surprised with all the pressure people put on her poor girl can hardly breathe let alone play well in Grand slams. She is only 20 give her a break!!! She may have not won a grand slam yet but she has won plenty of other tournaments.

Andreas
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM

She has reached 4 quarterfinals and won 3 of them :weirdo:

... who also has reached 4 quarter finals.

Steven.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Azarenka made the quarter-finals in the last slam. :shrug:

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Im not surprised with all the pressure people put on her poor girl can hardly breathe let alone play well in Grand slams. She is only 20 give her a break!!! She may have not won a grand slam yet but she has won plenty of other tournaments.
I dont think there's much pressure on her. Holding the #1 spot has been easy for her.
The players winning majors are older, they cant stay healthy or get focused for Tier I's, for whatever reasons.

I think Wozniacki put the microscope on herself with that onesided blowout loss in Paris.
Before that she was in 2 slam semis. But that hantuchova loss was a stinker that she cant keep doing at majors. She had done that against Kvitova. So 2 of the last 4 majors she was blown out before the quarters.
That's poor play and she has to play majors like a contender on grass and clay, or else she deserves to be criticized

In the 50s and 60s all the majors were grass and clay. There are no excuses for those losses

doktor
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Again? Really?

BlueTrees
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:39 PM
1. Her game.
2. She wins.

:shrug:

Blu€
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:45 PM

... who also has reached 4 quarter finals.

I know, I meant she's never won a QF, gone past.

QuietPlease
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Why do a lot of you seem to have such a problem with her? She is number one in the world through sheer hard work. So yes she does deserve it. Ok she hasan't won a slam yet but im sure she will she is only 20 years of age so plenty of time!!! Also she always comes across as a lovely person not arrogant in the slightest.

You're damn right she deserves it!
She's won 10 tournaments the last 12 months. Who's 2nd? Kim with 4?

TennisFan66
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Very nice to see a level headed, respectful towards other players Pova fan in this forum! :yeah:

pwayne
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I dont think there's much pressure on her. Holding the #1 spot has been easy for her.
The players winning majors are older, they cant stay healthy or get focused for Tier I's, for whatever reasons.

I think Wozniacki put the microscope on herself with that onesided blowout loss in Paris.
Before that she was in 2 slam semis. But that hantuchova loss was a stinker that she cant keep doing at majors. She had done that against Kvitova. So 2 of the last 4 majors she was blown out before the quarters.
That's poor play and she has to play majors like a contender on grass and clay, or else she deserves to be criticized

In the 50s and 60s all the majors were grass and clay. There are no excuses for those losses

Agree completely. I do not see her breaking out of her Slam issues until she gets more offensive minded.

ViceUltramontain
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
1 Her game
2 Her boring personality
3 Her mouth

Bronx19
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Not any more she cant. Her pushing game has run its course.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Not any more she cant. Her pushing game has run its course.She's holding 8 Premier titles. Run its course? Who else is holding even 5 Tier II's or better??

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Comes with the territory..no.1 without major will always get criticism. Plus her play on the clutch moments is so cowardly..e.g.: Look how Serena went for that backhand on MP DOWN the other day..there's NO way Caro ever goes for a shot like that, even when she's the one with a MP.

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
she's ranked no. 1, even with a slam that spot puts you on the center of attention and will get criticism. I personally like her and while it's okay that people don't like her, sometimes I think people go overboard in showing their dislike :shrug:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Number 1 is useless. GS is what matters. In 20 years from now nobody will remember Pushniacka if she can't win a GS. Zillions of tournaments won? Zillions of weeks at number one? Record of points for a number one player? Nothing will make her a decent memory. And will never get inducted into the HoF is she at least can't win a couple of GS. ˇPunto pelota! :weirdo:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:17 PM
And obviously she's hated because she's destroying the Tour's image. :weirdo:

Wiggly
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Even Robson had a dig at her with her humblebrag/Forty Deuce reference last night. That girl is awesome. :lol:

Bronx19
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
She's holding 8 Premier titles. Run its course? Who else is holding even 5 Tier II's or better??

Talking Grandslam level.

She can continue to beat all the scrubs and half hearted opponents she likes, but when the tour gets serious and they play for keeps, Caro aint got a game.

Caro has gone down hill in the last year big time.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
What player under 23 is going to be remembered?
No one under 23 has a major.
Caroline is the leader of the under 23 group at every level
Being remembered when you are 20 and #1 is not a serious topic. its just trolling nonsense

Jimmie48
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Yes, if only she could stay home all the time being "injured" or "busy" or whatever... that would do so much good to the tour..not.

You can kid yourself that no one will remember her but you know it's not true. People remember the Top 10 longest #1s and she will move much further up that list in the coming years, GS win or not.

Only in TF is a GS all that matters, thankfully people in the real world are a little more sane.

Novichok
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM

The so-called better players are destroying the Tour's image if they can't achieve a higher ranking that the "pusher."

Novichok
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Even Robson had a dig at her with her humblebrag/Forty Deuce reference last night. That girl is awesome. :lol:

What did Robson say? As if she'll accomplish more than Caroline. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Juju Nostalgique http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/red/viewpost.gif (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=19742212#post19742212)

Some of these trolls are incredibly stupid. We have to deal with them like they're mental patients.
So showing up and trying your best every week destroys the tour?
Your idea of what the tour is must be some nightmare.

Jimmie48
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Some of these trolls are incredibly stupid.
So showing uph and trying your best every week destroys the tour?
Your idea of what the tour is must be some nightmare.

To be honest, I have no idea why some of these people are even here. They don't respect the tour, they don't value the sport's most important ranking and they don't respect the sport's top player (I´m talking about respect... no one has to like her...)

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
To be honest, I have no idea why some of these people are even here. They don't respect the tour, they don't value the sport's most important ranking and they don't respect the sport's top player (I´m talking about respect... no one has to like her...)Obviously they dont respect that a player works and tries hard and does well.
They take the one thing at 20 she hasnt done yet, win a slam final, and spin that into she cant play and she's destroying the tour.

Its just goofy trolls

tejmeglekvár
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM
she doesn't like bacon.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
she doesn't like bacon.

For me, this puts her Danish nationality in doubt. As if it wasn't already.

But back on topic, people hate her because she beats their favs :shrug: Or their favs are nowhere to be seen - they get stroppy about it, say the WTA is in disarray and use Caro as a scape goat.

Matt01
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Caro has gone down hill in the last year big time.

OMG. This is too funny. :happy:

manu32
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Her game is boring as hell.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:05 PM
The so-called better players are destroying the Tour's image if they can't achieve a higher ranking that the "pusher."
Wozniacki is #1 because in terms of consistency she has been the best player in the world, period. No matter how much it may frustrate the nay-sayers, the computer has no favorites. It doesn't care if someone is a "ball basher" or a "pusher" - it only counts the points. I freely admit that others have been better in terms of peak performance, which is why Wozniacki has won no slams or YEC so far. But the rankings are not about peak performance - they are about being able to keep playing at a consistently high level for a whole year, and she's been doing a better job of that than anyone else. Wozniacki plays well from Januari up to and including October while those that are supposed to be better than her can only keep it going for a (at best) few months at a time. After that they go through a bad patch or they need a break because either mentally they can't keep their focus for an extended period of time or else their bodies break down and they need awhile to recover.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Her game is boring as hell.

Neva late to try following another sport. If thinking tennis is boring for you then it's hardly possible to find a reason why you should keep watching tennis.

Level55
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM
To be honest, I have no idea why some of these people are even here. They don't respect the tour, they don't value the sport's most important ranking and they don't respect the sport's top player (I´m talking about respect... no one has to like her...)

Agreed.
But it reminds me of a facebook group in which 400 or so people have joined to say Nadal is rubbish :lol:If people have an irrational hatred of someone, they can kid themselves into thinking that they suck.

I bet if you asked on here who was a better player, Laura Robson or Caroline Wozniacki, lots of Caro haters would claim Laura is. I am a fan of Laura but it would just prove the lack of respect for the game and players on here.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Agreed.
But it reminds me of a facebook group in which 400 or so people have joined to say Nadal is rubbish :lol:If people have an irrational hatred of someone, they can kid themselves into thinking that they suck.

I bet if you asked on here who was a better player, Laura Robson or Caroline Wozniacki, lots of Caro haters would claim Laura is. I am a fan of Laura but it would just prove the lack of respect for the game and players on here.

I don't think they really believe that they suck. It's more an act of frustration than anything else. They know very well that these players are good, otherwise they wouldn' be obsessed by them and there would be no reason to hate them. Nobody would ever start a "the number 500 in the world is rubbish" group because frankly, who cares?

Level55
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Yes I agree. But it is ridiculous that people claim amazing players like Rafa suck. Clearly they aren't real tennis fans, otherwise they would have more respect.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM

And Caroline made the semi-finals in two of the last three slams.

Caroline > Victoria

Mike81
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
It's jealousy. The haters criticise Caro for playing so many tournaments to gain points for her No 1 ranking and then some of these same people will give the Williams sisters and Kim Clijsters a hard time for not turning up to all the tournaments. They like to have it both ways or whatever spin they can put on it to make Caro look bad. Caro isn't my favourite player but she is up there with my favourite people on the tour. She trains hard and has an admirable ability to keep winning consistently enough to be No 1, on top of that she seems like a very nice girl, she supports my favourite English Football team in Liverpool and she's funny- the press conferences in Australia really made me a big fan of her as a personality. There are a few players who I like to watch more for tennis reasons but in terms of my favourite personalities on tour Caro is right up there with the best. Only my undisputed No 1 fave girl Sabine Lisicki beats her in that department. Caro doesn't deserve all the vitriol, I doubt if the haters met her that they'd talk this way to her :rolleyes:

Chrissie-fan
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Yes I agree. But it is ridiculous that people claim amazing players like Rafa suck. Clearly they aren't real tennis fans, otherwise they would have more respect.
Yes, I agree with that. Up to a point anyway, because unfortunately many think it's ok - cool even - to talk about other people in that manner. This sort of thing is not limited to comments about tennis players though. But it's sick really. I once read a post (I THINK that it was here, but it could have been on another forum) where someone actually said that Wozniacki should be murdered......There are fruitcakes everywhere, mate.;)

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
:facepalm: Seriously? Another thread about TF's disposition towards Wozniacki?

TennisFan66
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
@Chrissie fan,

that could well be here you've seen it. I've reported such posts before.

And agree with your comment, especially adulescens appear to think its 'cool' to trash talk. Its a little sub culture. Look at us how cool we are. We trash talk and insult *smiley face* *smiley face*

They could be on any other board. Trash talking. Unfortunately some of them have infested this tennis fourm.

Mike81
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, I agree with that. Up to a point anyway, because unfortunately many think it's ok - cool even - to talk about other people in that manner. This sort of thing is not limited to comments about tennis players though. But it's sick really. I once read a post (I THINK that it was here, but it could have been on another forum) where someone actually said that Wozniacki should be murdered......There are fruitcakes everywhere, mate.;)

:eek: OMG That's ridiculous! I wish the forum would just lay off Caroline and find a new hobby..

Young 8
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Also she always comes across as a lovely person not arrogant in the slightest.

fail

WozTakesAll
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Caro is now ensured to remain nr. 1 untill atleast August:

Weeks as number one as of August 2011:

1. Steffi Graf…377
2. Martina Navratilova…332
3. Chris Evert…260
4. Martina Hingis…209
5. Monica Seles…178
6. Serena Williams…123
7. Justine Henin…117
8. Lindsay Davenport…98
9. Caroline Wozniacki…(42)
10. Amélie Mauresmo…39

Even if Caro doesnt win a single slam, she can probably remain at the number one spot for much longer. Slams could be shared between the Williams and maybe Clijsters and some others, meaning none of them would get the full 8000 points per year from them, but maybe around 4000. Then they still need to make 5-6000 points from non-slam tournaments. Adding to this that the Williams and Clijsters dont play many non-slam tournaments compared to Caro, its quite possible Caro can remain number one to maybe rival Serenas position on the list above. Caro just has another strategy then Serena to achieve that many weeks as number one.

Mike81
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
What's so boring or unlikeable about her :confused: Haters just take a position on her and spin everything to suit that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYymhuAnsVw

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
What's so boring or unlikeable about her :confused: Haters just take a position on her and spin everything to suit that position.

Her style of tennis. I think it's silly to question her consistency or hard work. I mean even in an era as messed up as this, you don't get to #1 by being a crap player. But her style is another issue. Even commentators have been less than complimentary of it at times.

Mike81
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Her style of tennis. I think it's silly to question her consistency or hard work. I mean even in an era as messed up as this, you don't get to #1 by being a crap player. But her style is another issue. Even commentators have been less than complimentary of it at times.

I realise that. I was more referring to her personality in that post but as far as her style of tennis is concerned, yes its defensive and most people prefer big hitting attack, I do as well as a fan of Sabine Lisicki, but if Caro was to try and ball bash all of a sudden she would start losing alot of matches. She has a style that works for her and you can't blame her for keeping something that works. That's common sense.

postalblowfish
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
fail

What a remarkable rebuttal.

BartoLiNa
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM

You mean you don't think she got there because of her talent and game? That's not very nice of you :sad:

Matt01
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM
You mean you don't think she got there because of her talent and game? That's not very nice of you :sad:

Why don't you focus on Bartoli's current good form instead of twisting other people's words about a player you don't like? :wavey:

Njalle
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:44 PM

I think its her fans.

Noctis
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Some of her annoying fans. I might actually like her if they are gone. Since she support liverpool.
but atm no,they are making too unlikeable.

Njalle
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM
You really needed to get that out of the system, huh Noctis?

Brad[le]y.
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Some of her annoying fans. I might actually like her if they are gone. Since she support liverpool.
but atm no,they are making too unlikeable. has World Life been here yet? :scared:

he might want to say something about this :lol:

DefyingGravity
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Well, her game is admirable for sure. It takes a lot of concentration to be willing to go through 10 shot rallies until your opponent makes a mistake. It's a lot of core and leg strength to absorb the power and run for that long.

The only thing I can see people "hating" her for is the fact that her "rise to power coincided partly with Serena's injury, Venus' best days behind her, and Clijsters trying to just play slams" when reality shows that she was playing very well from the USO Series in 2009. She got to the USO Final, YEC SF (?) to close out her year and set her up to make at least the 4R of every slam in 2010 (AO 4R; RG QF; Wimbledon 4R; USO SF), win a significant amount of titles, and genuinely makes opponents play well to beat her.

This kind of "hate" is coming from people who most likely have favorite players who: have more slams that Caroline, have more slams than Caroline and are actively ranked below her, or play like an unforced error machine on a bad day and would lose to Caroline because she makes them play 3 extra shots on a lot of different surfaces.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I understand that argument (although I don't agree with it), but some of those commentators are kinda hypocritical. All time greats like Bjorn Borg, Mats Wilander and Guillermo Vilas had a style that was just as defensive - if not more so. Those that complain that Caro is a moonballer should watch the Wilander vs Vilas FO final. Caro's game looks like Roger Federer's in comparison.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
When she's bashed in thread after thread it's not a miracle that some of her fans get defensive and try to defend her by hitting back. You can't expect all of them to always take it on the chin and be 'nice' when their fave gets no respect and is constantly ridiculed. Besides, what does it mattter? Wozniacki isn't whispering in her fans' ears what they should post, so even if you don't like us - or some of us, that's no reason to dislike Caro herself. ;)

WozTakesAll
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM

So you hate a person because someone she doesnt know (her fans) are annoying? That simply makes no sense.

Thats like me saying that i hate you, because a bully in my neighborhood also has a name that starts with N, like your forum nickname.

Noctis
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I am not the only one on this forum.Blame that group of people who use her to cause flame wars.
I don't like her style of play,and that group of people would go 'hater hater hater'.

gc-spurs
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Pretty much sums it up.

I realise that. I was more referring to her personality in that post but as far as her style of tennis is concerned, yes its defensive and most people prefer big hitting attack, I do as well as a fan of Sabine Lisicki, but if Caro was to try and ball bash all of a sudden she would start losing alot of matches. She has a style that works for her and you can't blame her for keeping something that works. That's common sense.

I kind of disagree with this. It definitely has worked for her to get her to where she is no doubt, but I criticize the lack of development from there. That her style is 'working' is relative, and relative to where she is now i.e. world number 1, imo it's no longer working because she didn't win a slam in her rise up to the top spot, and still doesn't have one on her record. Hence I'm constantly wondering why she hasn't done anything to add some more impact to her game because it doesn't look like what she's got is going to win her 7 in a row.

Mike81
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm just not sure if Caroline is really capable of playing the way her detractors would ask of her. I think playing the way she does may be the best she can play.... I don't dislike her for this, I like her for her good qualities.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm just not sure if Caroline is really capable of playing the way her detractors would ask of her. I think playing the way she does may be the best she can play.... I don't dislike her for this, I like her for her good qualities.
-sot9YrqcDw

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM
i like Caroline Wozniacki, she doesnt care, or it seems this way to me, anyway

she works really hard , anybody who gets to #1 has at least made the effort

shes not bad looking either, even if she looks like Hingis big sister

and just a pity she dont had Sharapovas sense of humor

oomph
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM

USO 2010: SF, AO 2011 SF

Not any more she cant. Her pushing game has run its course.

Dude, she can't play on clay and had shitty form. :lol: Don't exaggarate.

On topic: People are too much style over substance and yeah, she is kinda underwhelming as a number 1 too.

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I don't mind the disliking of her style, that is subjective.

It's just the lack of respect for her. There is a lack of respect for all the players though. Anyone who gets in the top 100 obviously has some talent. Getting to number 1 is a huge achievement and you can't call someone shit cos you dislike their game. Shows the lack of knowledge on this board.

It strikes me that there are just a lot of very bitchy gay men on here, who for some reason enjoy insulting women!!!! I am not insinuating all gay men are like this, the 3 gay men I know respect women immensely. I guess a lot of people just think they can be nasty on the internet.

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:37 PM

It's just the lack of respect for her. There is a lack of respect for all the players though. Anyone who gets in the top 100 obviously has some talent. Getting to number 1 is a huge achievement and you can't call someone shit cos you dislike their game. Shows the lack of knowledge on this board.

It strikes me that there are just a lot of very bitchy gay men on here, who for some reason enjoy insulting women!!!!

:spit:

I can't.

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I am guessing you are one of them then ;)

tejmeglekvár
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM

It strikes me that there are just a lot of very bitchy gay men on here, who for some reason enjoy insulting women!!!! I am not insinuating all gay men are like this, the 3 gay men I know respect women immensely. I guess a lot of people just think they can be nasty on the internet.

best of TF. :sobbing:

StoneRose
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I agree with OP. This thread is nothing new though, same arguments repeated from both sides. I'm interested why most people find Wozniacki's style so boring. I'm not to fond of games from for example Kvitova. Rallies are usually short and end with a crushing winner or a rather silly error, In the meantime i'm spending more time watching the players preparing to serve than actually watching a rally. With Wozniacki i get to see more tennis especially when she plays someone like Jankovic.

I think Wozniacki has lots of talent but she has her limitations. It may not be so easy to change her style of play, i don't think she can hit as hard as Kvitova or even Azarenka even if she wanted to. And she is probably not as talented as Henin who could cope with these sort of players most of the time anyway.

CPH
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM

I find her style a bit boring, too, but I think it's very refreshing that she acknowledges it (or at least Daddy Woz does) and she's obviously working on her serve, FH and net game. Give her some time.

Matt01
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM

This. :yeah:

C. W. Fields
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
My general attitude to just about all players is that I admire what they're good at without mocking them for what they're less good at. I remember a few years back when young Rafa had 'only' won FO and none of the other slams, he was being critized for being too defensive and only any good on clay etc. I didn't want to join that chorus. I admired the qualities he had at the time and hoped for him he could break out of his limitations and expand his game. As we all know he later did just that without suddenly becoming an über agressive ballbasher

I wish certain people in here would show Caro the same respect. She'll never be a power house like Serena and she isn't likely to win FO or Wimbledon in the immediate future unless she gets very lucky, but on HC her game can really unfold and since the majority of the season is played om HC that's the most important surface if you want to be #1. More than 80% of her current ranking points are gathered on HC and in her last 4 HC slams she has 1 F and 2 SFs. If Caro loses in Wimbledon QF against Sharapova or some such certain posters will claim it once again proves she's a lousy player and an unworthy #1. To me it would just show that grass/clay doesn't suit her game too well but that won't make me admire her HC skills any less.

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM
My general attitude to just about all players is that I admire what they're good at without mocking them for what they're less good at. ...Its a message board thing where people who have done nothing insult people who are very accomplished.
Its not only Wozniacki, its very common for people to insult those they dont root for, in a very condescending way.
Its annoying with Wozniacki because these goofs try to make it sound easy to spend 9 months at #1 BEFORE YOU'RE 21, when very few players can do that.

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I don't mind the Woz haters laughing at me, I welcome it :lol::p

BartoLiNa
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Yes, they hate women - that's why they are posting on a women's tennis forum and are fans of female tennis players. Great logic there Einstein. By the way, are your 3 gay friends in any way related to Nick Griffin's 3 black friends? :rolleyes:

Wiser words were never spoken:worship:

Oh look, tea agrees with you :hug:

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
When all people do is bitch about players looks and playing styles they clearly aren't great fans. You think posting on a message board about women means they are respectful? Being a Bartoli fan, you should understand disrespect to players!

Oh and playing the homophobia card. Classy. I have 3 gay male friends who are lovely. Me pointing out that the gay men on here are bitchy is true and not homophobic in the slightest. It was just an observation.

But I guess people won't change their minds and we will have to agree to disagree. I am just dissapointed with how nasty some people are on here.

BartoLiNa
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
When all people do is bitch about players looks and playing styles they clearly aren't great fans. You think posting on a message board about women means they are respectful? Being a Bartoli fan, you should understand disrespect to players!

They don't have to be respectful towards someone they do not respect. Who elected you as the moral police?

Oh and playing the homophobia card. Classy. I have 3 gay male friends who are lovely. Me pointing out that the gay men on here are bitchy is true and not homophobic in the slightest.

No, but your implication that their being bitchy has anything whatsoever to do with the fact they are gay is homophobic, whether you have 3 gay friends or 3 hundred :rolleyes:

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I didn't say them being bitchy was because they were gay. I said a lot of the people on here are bitchy gay men, There is a difference. I guess I could have phrased it better and I'm sorry anyone found that offensive.

BartoLiNa
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I didn't say them being bitchy was because they were gay. I said a lot of the people on here are bitchy gay men, There is a difference. I guess I could have phrased it better and I'm sorry anyone found that offensive.

Then why bring it up in the first place? If you had said many posters here are bitchy and disrespectful then I would absolutely agree with you, and a lot of them are Wozniacki fans.

Jimmie48
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Then why bring it up in the first place? If you had said many posters here are bitchy and disrespectful then I would absolutely agree with you, and a lot of them are Wozniacki fans.

Really? I have yet to find any Caro fan to call other players mentally handicapped yet such insults are completely en vouge among the haters crowd.

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Oh, some Wozniacki fans are disrespectful too. A lot of posters are. I didn't mean they were bitchy because of their sexuality, it was just an observation. Genuinely sorry if I caused offence.

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I don't mind the Woz haters laughing at me, I welcome it :lol::p

Because you made no sense.
I want to like Caroline, I really do. I've liked the last two slamless #1's, and Carolines bound to be a better player than they are.

I was encouraged by her first few months of the year. Especially her matches in Dubai and Doha. Aggression mixed with variety and defense. She knew when to run, and when to flatten out her shots. Except all that progress seemed to evaporate the second she hit clay.

Even worse is her inability to dump her father. Li Na can fire her own husband. Caroline can drop her father. His quotes about testing Caroline playing before a slam after the French Open were indicative of his inability. Even worse was Caroline and company recommended a coach to Li Na who a few weeks later won the French.

Level55
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I am not saying you have to like her. The people who don't like her game have every right not too. It's just the way some people on here seem to obsessively bash her. It's just bizarre.

CPH
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:35 PM

Oh and playing the homophobia card. Classy. I have 3 gay male friends who are lovely. Me pointing out that the gay men on here are bitchy is true and not homophobic in the slightest. It was just an observation.

But I guess people won't change their minds and we will have to agree to disagree. I am just dissapointed with how nasty some people are on here.

Because "bitchy" is totally quantifiable. Just like British girls are slags in short skirts with muffin tops - which they aren't afraid to show off whenever possible.

I do know a few British girls who don't leave snail trails, three to be exact, but the rest: Slags.

.... come on now. Prejudiced much?

Mary Cherry.
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I do know a few British girls who don't leave snail trails, three to be exact, but the rest: Slags.

Steady on :weirdo:

postalblowfish
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:51 PM
They don't have to be respectful towards someone they do not respect.

Internet tough person, eh?

C'mon, yo. They don't have to be, of course, but it does make things rather tedious for those of us inclined towards discussion of a slightly higher plane than silly player-bashing and ad hominem slants.

No, but your implication that their being bitchy has anything whatsoever to do with the fact they are gay is homophobic, whether you have 3 gay friends or 3 hundred :rolleyes:

Aye, I don't think that was a particularly sensible remark they made at all.

Not really sure you need to be bringing Nick Griffin comparisons in though. I'm aware that for some reason society in general tends to oppose racism much more overtly than it does homophobia, but I think your point stood without needing to reference the BNP.

I'm not actually convinced there are many Wozniacki fans that actively pursue other players' threads for the sole purpose of posting abuse. Some of the comments made about Wozniacki are far more abusive than I think I've come across about other players (and if you'd like a couple of examples, Burisleif posted a couple in the Woz player forum 'moderator' thread-thing.)

CPH
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Steady on :weirdo:

Read the context, dear. Also, it starts with an s- and ends with -arcasm. A sophisticated form of humor, if you will.

Craig.
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Very nice to see a level headed, respectful towards other players Pova fan in this forum! :yeah:

So being level headed and respectful means liking Wozniacki? Really? :facepalm:

Mary Cherry.
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Read the context, dear. Also, it starts with an s- and ends with -arcasm. A sophisticated form of humor, if you will.

Which does not translate well over the internet. Ever.

Sophisticated put-down though, well done.

edificio
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
How many of these threads have been created? Maybe there should be a subthread just for defenses of Woz and denigrations of her perceived haters.

Jimmie48
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM
How many of these threads have been created? Maybe there should be a subthread just for defenses of Woz.

Positive comments on Caroline are generally frowned upon here while the haters can do what they want. There have been several instances in which positive Caro topics have been closed down or disappeared - Why? I have no idea...

Mike81
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:21 AM
Well I like Wozniacki, not really because of her game but because she's trains hard, is dedicated to the tour (unlike some Williams *cough* sisters *cough*) and seems genuinely nice and like me is a fan Liverpool FC

I'm not sure what's so bitchy about being Number 1 and feeling you deserve to be there Like anyone she's entitled to feel good self esteem regardless of what others think of her.

Bonfire
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:03 AM
Positive comments on Caroline are generally frowned upon here while the haters can do what they want. There have been several instances in which positive Caro topics have been closed down or disappeared - Why? I have no idea...

Sad but so true:(
I think the majority of the haters just can not stand the whole package. Pretty, blonde, young, in shape, nice and down to earth, hard working professional, defensive game, #1 without a slam, yet winning more than anyone right now and beating alot of their faves that are getting to that dreaded age where the past must become more important than the future.

I sometimes sense that just seeing Caro's fans avatars probably is frustrating to them. They hate seeing someone who is sweet and nice, looks kind of like a girly girl princess and is managing to be so successful playing with a defensive style that they never would have dreamed could challenge their "tough girls." And all the while...Caro appears so laid back, confident and unworried by it all.

All of it together must be like nails down a chalkboard to the more bullying type posters of TF:lol:

The one thing they hold onto is that she hasn't won that precious slam yet.
Hopefully when that happens, the mods will then at least send some subtle messages that it's not cool to bash Caro like there is no tomorrow. I've seen posters be banned for calling past champions fat...yet I've went through page after page of posts making fun or Caro's forehead and it seems like almost everyone is in on the joke! OH, it's all too much:help::lol:

Disclaimer: Nothing I'm writing is directed at any certain player or fans of that player and if you don't like Caro for her gamestyle or some other specific, genuine reason...please don't complain about my post because it's obviously not directed towards you. This is for the true haters who seem to get off on it for fun...you know who you are;)

tkutsaar
Jun 21st, 2011, 03:07 AM
One simple fact seems lost to all Caro haters . It is much harder to be No 1 without a slam victory then it is to be No 1 with a slam victory. So in reality it is a greater achievement that Caro has become No 1 without a slam victory. She would have become No 1 sooner had she won last year’s USO.

As a result of ignoring this undeniable fact, Caro haters have had to concoct some totally irrational and illogical arguments to fuel their justification of their hatred. The most bizarre theory is that her game or style of play is unsuitable to win a slam. Apparently it has to be conceded that she can win Indian Wells, a hardcourt tournament where she needed to win 6 rounds against slam like competition but her game is such that magically she cannot win the USO or AO, hardcourt slams.

So if we are to believe the haters there are tennis players who can beat Caro in slam events because they have the game to prevail in slams but are incapable of beating her in non slam events. But their prowess in slams against Caro only applies against Caro. Case in point was the just completed FO where Caro met Daniela Hantuchova, a player who had not beaten Caro previously. To refresh your memory: Caro was beaten by Hantuchova, who then was beaten by Kuznetsova, who then was beaten by Bartoli, who then was beaten by Schiavone and who then was beaten by Li for the championship.

Again to repeat if we are to believe the haters apparently Daniela has the game to beat Caro but only in a slam. Daniela has proven to be obviously hopeless against Caro in non slams events. And unfortunately for Daniela her mastery over Caro in a slam holds no guarantee of ultimate success in the slam.

Level55
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I still stand by my comments, though I could have phrased the bitchy gay men line better :p

*JR*
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Give her a break, she has PP (Polish Piotr) trying to run her life. :tape:

Of course the Radwanska sisters have one too :help: and Misa has Petr the Terrible. :scared: