PDA

View Full Version : Na Li's draw

siddharthrajpal
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Doesn't seem that tennis gods were too kind to the french open champion at the championships!
1r- Alla Kudryavtseva(beat sharapova)
2r- sabine lisicki(birmingham champ)
3r- Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Jie Zheng(former SF)
4r ivanovic/A.Radwasnka
QF- serena williams!(no need to go beyond this)

This could be a real test of character and strength to the world no.3!

How much do you think she can hold?
I think she'll lose one of the first 3 rounds!

Pasta-Na
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
im only a bit worried about her R2 match. :unsure: i dont mind if she loses in QF. :oh:

TheHangover
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM
she is number 4

Cp6uja
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
It's very relatively. If Na Li only goal is to WIN Wimbledon 2011, this is almost perfect draw for her, because at both slams where Serena is traditionally player to beat (Australian Open and Wimbledon) perfect round for that achievement is arguable Quarterfinal!

On other hand if her ambition is just to make some good result, this is almost worst case scenario because almost in every round she will face almost always worst case scenario for that round (for TOP4 seed). In opening two rounds she will meet arguable most dangerous unseeded MD dark horse Sabine Lisicki. Mattek/Zheng can be very tricky R3 match, and Ivanovic/Radwanska is way more danger R4 scenario for Na than it seems right now. Serena is tournament #1 favorite and she get hers on earliest possible QF round.

longtin23
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Li Na's ambitious is really a problem, whether she has her mental strength and determination to win those matches... I think match with Lisciki is really tricky, but top form Li can educate her and match with Serena is not hopeless. Serena is still seraching herself on court so nothing is impossible... Hope Li can do the best in Wimbledon and so on...

NA-GOAT
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Na got toughest draw possible :sobbing:

the WTA wants Caro to stay #1 :haha:

n1_and_uh_noone
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
It's very relatively. If Na Li only goal is to WIN Wimbledon 2011, this is almost perfect draw for her, because at both slams where Serena is traditionally player to beat (Australian Open and Wimbledon) perfect round for that achievement is arguable Quarterfinal!

On other hand if her ambition is just to make some good result, this is almost worst case scenario because almost in every round she will face almost always worst case scenario for that round (for TOP4 seed). In opening two rounds she will meet arguable most dangerous unseeded MD dark horse Sabine Lisicki. Mattek/Zheng can be very tricky R3 match, and Ivanovic/Radwanska is way more danger R4 scenario for Na than it seems right now. Serena is tournament #1 favorite and she get hers on earliest possible QF round.

Anci should not scare anyone on grass. Na overpowered Radwanska last year, so that is not an issue. Lisicki does pose a threat that early, and will be her toughest out in the first week. I actually think this is a decent draw for her, especially as Serena is just coming back.

Adrian.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Sabine will be the end for her :awww:

Noctis
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
She willl lose R1 ,and wont win a game in R2 IF She get past Alla

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
yeah, i'd like to see how she does in her round 1 match first. well, if she's gonna meet serena, i think she has a big chance to beat her considering serena has just returned from injury and still a little rusty

DeliriousPotato
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM

A counter-jinx, how quaint :rolleyes:

Spring Pools
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Anci should not scare anyone on grass. Na overpowered Radwanska last year, so that is not an issue. Lisicki does pose a threat that early, and will be her toughest out in the first week. I actually think this is a decent draw for her, especially as Serena is just coming back.
There's a possibility that Na will have to face Aga in the 4th round for the third time in a row...

It's 1-1 with Aga winning in 2009

Doully
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Li proved at RG that she can overcome a strong draw. Kvitova > Azarenka > Sharapova > Schiavone. It was an incredibly tough draw and she overcame it on her worst surface. I'm not too worried for her at this point in time.

BartoLiNa
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Other than Lisicki and Ree I would call that an good draw actually.

18majors
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Sabine in R2, help!

dinamo
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM
She didn't have an easy draw in RG either, and managed to overcome them all. There is no way to know who'll she'll play after Alla, anyone can have an amazing day and pull of a wonder result. If all goes to plan her draw isn't great but maybe it'll suit her better to not be lumbered with a favourite tag and too much pressure.

Steven.
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Silly Noctis, counter jinxing doesn't work.

Noctis
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Silly Noctis, counter jinxing doesn't work.

Silly Steven,you don't know my history

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:18 PM
She'll breeze through her first match, but after that, it gets very tough for her... even Zheng could be extremely tough, because two players from the same country playing eachother is always a bit of an equaliser (especially when said country has so few top players).

18majors
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Time for Na Li to take a reprieve after she beat Petra, Vika and Maria at RG, 3 hottest players.

manu32
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Kvitova > Azarenka > Sharapova easy on clay,sorry...

Pasta-Na
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
No German linesmen and home-crowd this time, Na. :oh: