PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna stop Wozniacki in Wimbledon?

Navratil
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Who's gonna beat world # 1 Wozniacki in Wimbledon 2011?

Well, it's not Lisicki in R1 - that's for sure - but great joke :lol: :bounce: :lol:

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Maria in the quarters

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mirza in R2 has a great chance

Reptilia
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Woz will prob make it too the quarters (and hopefully Maria will be there to take her out :devil:) but I give Gajdosova a slight chance.

KBlade
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Gajdosova probably has the earliest chance. If she's playing well, she could take Wozniacki out in straights on grass.

as1991
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Mirza should first beat Razzano to even have a chance against wozniacki.
I will give Gajdosova a chance. Somebody will stop Caro for sure. She isn't winning this.

Pops Maellard
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Gajdosova.

Patrick345
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Where is the option that she wins it all? :confused:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uvU1Dv7Z0rI/TSauUTdb7RI/AAAAAAAAAeg/tWkml_0ZW1A/s1600/roflmfao.jpg

Noctis
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Anyone will do.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
this #1 is so predictable :lol:

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Gajdosova..if she keeps her head.

C. Drone
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
there will be lot of ballbashing from her opponents. We'll see if the ball goes in or out.

backhandsmash
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:11 PM
You're all so mean to my favourite! Why, why, WHY ?!!!!!

delicatecutter
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hopefully Parra.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM

No, she really doesn't.

In fact, Mirza maybe bounced in Round 1. She is on dreadful SINGLES form, with Vesnina caring her in the DOUBLES.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
This is the only major Caro has not gotten past the R of 16.
Her draw seems fair, no excuse not to get to Maria, but wont be easy.
Then its hardcourt where Caroline has very strong results.

sluggahjells
Only Serena, Venus, and Kvitova on form can prevent Wozniacki from winning Wimbledon this year. She is rested, and she comes with WAY LESS pressure than at the French.

She is the best player by a good bit in her top quarter of the day on fast surfaces, making Shriester fans get even more angry that I said that. ;)

C. Drone
people just scared of her. :hug:

Andy.
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
If Gajdosova has a good day Woz will be in real trouble.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
This is the only major Caro has not gotten past the R of 16.
Her draw seems fair, no excuse not to get to Maria, but wont be easy.
Then its hardcourt where Caroline has very strong results.

WAY different Wozniacki from Summer 2010.

Fast surfaces now help her game even more, and with rest, she will be incredibly difficult to beat over the fortnight.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:21 PM
WAY different Wozniacki from Summer 2010.

Fast surfaces now help her game even more, and with rest, she will be incredibly difficult to beat over the fortnight.
She has to do it. On hardcourt she's done everything but win a slam final.
Grass, clay, she still has to show she is a top 5 contender at majors.
All she needs is 1 really good one, maybe this will be it.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:25 PM
people just scared of her. :hug:

Very scared....They fear "The Pusher" and her ability to go very far and possibly win this title.

Only players who can move a bit (side to side, or back to front) will beat her on grass.

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Parra Santonja isn't your typical Spanish player. She mixes up her stroke speeds well and has some really flat shots (she destroyed Petkovic in Madrid). Given Wozniacki's lack of match play on grass and if she struggles with her depth I think she could be in a wee bit of trouble.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
She has to do it. On hardcourt she's done everything but win a slam final.
Grass, clay, she still has to show she is a top 5 contender at majors.
All she needs is 1 really good one, maybe this will be it.

Did you not watch the US Open and Australian Open?

She had big wins at both those tournaments and was certainly a threat in Australian despite a shaky warm up loss to Cibulkova in Sydney. Clearly Top 5 contender material.

Pops Maellard
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Parra Santonja isn't your typical Spanish player. She mixes up her stroke speeds well and has some really flat shots (she destroyed Petkovic in Madrid). Given Wozniacki's lack of match play on grass and if she struggles with her depth I think she could be in a wee bit of trouble.
Nah, if she gets into trouble she'll complain about calls or get an injury timeout :devil:.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM

I don't think so........Parra Santonja can go off the boil sometimes, and her defense isn't really all that good either. You need both offense and defense to trouble Wozniacki this year on fast surfaces, and I don't think, despite her good talent, Parra Santonja can.

Wozniacki will pass her with the backhand and forehand all day.

Steven.
Did you not watch the US Open and Australian Open?

She had big wins at both those tournaments and was certainly a threat in Australian despite a shaky warm up loss to Cibulkova in Sydney. Clearly Top 5 contender material.

^ He said on grass and clay.

Also do you even know anything about tennis? Just because grass is fast doesn't mean Wozniacki will do well.

Gajdosova will take her out.

madmax
Only Serena, Venus, and Kvitova on form can prevent Wozniacki from winning Wimbledon this year. She is rested, and she comes with WAY LESS pressure than at the French.

She is the best player by a good bit in her top quarter of the day on fast surfaces, making Shriester fans get even more angry that I said that. ;)

keep on talking out of your ass - this way you'll get embarrassed even more:wavey:
Pushniacki is a toast on grass and everyone knows it

Navratil
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Patrick345;19741457]Where is the option that she wins it all? :confused:

There was no room for this option ;)

Also for the option Venus Williams, .....

Brena
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM

True. That girl can hit hard and flat. I hope she'll have a good day. :lick:
I'm picking #1 to meet her obligatory GS doom in the first 3 rounds again: Parra/Sania/Gajdosova.

Navratil
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Parra-Santonja is a gimme but Mirza and Gajdosova might be dangerous ;)

What about Goerges on grass court???

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think so........Parra Santonja can go off the boil sometimes, and her defense isn't really all that good either. You need both offense and defense to trouble Wozniacki this year on fast surfaces, and I don't think, despite her good talent, Parra Santonja can.

Who actually needs defense against Wozniacki? :facepalm: On any surface at all?
Sure APS goes off the boil at times (frequently actually) but I don't think she's to be overlooked.

backhandsmash
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
keep on talking out of your ass - this way you'll get embarrassed even more:wavey:

"Let the hate flow through you." :)

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Caroline should play well. She is healthier than 2010, and a better player than 2009.
So lets see it.
I loved her FO draw, still do.
You just cant get blown out by a player you are 3-0 against when you have that draw.

It creates some questions about Caroline. here's another major, she can answer them

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM
^ He said on grass and clay.

Also do you even know anything about tennis? Just because grass is fast doesn't mean Wozniacki will do well.

Hoping more than analyzing I see.

Janka has the talent of course, but Wozniacki knows she can still counterpuncher her to death on errors and many others things, as well as take the initiative with a sneaky fast serve, and be optimistic with her backhand.

$uricate
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM

We're all just jealous of her multi-million dollar contract to promote blister remedies.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Parra-Santonja is a gimme but Mirza and Gajdosova might be dangerous ;)

What about Goerges on grass court???

Goerges on grass= Major #FAil

Strokes are too long (especially on the forehand side), and she doesn't move forward consistently as she should.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Caroline should play well. She is healthier than 2010, and a better player than 2009.
So lets see it.
I loved her FO draw, still do.
You just cant get blown out by a player you are 3-0 against when you have that draw.

It creates some questions about Caroline. here's another major, she can answer them

It was all about Daniela being dangerous and desperate for a big win, and Caroline being tired and warn out from ridiculous scheduling.

She won't be tired out there.

vozas
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Actually for Maria's sake I do hope she gets Wozniacki. It would be a cakewalk to the semis. Gajdosova can be a lot of trouble, particularly on grass.

I expect Jarmila Groth to take her out before Maria gets her taste.

TheHangover
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
gajdosova can, but also parra can be dangerous

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM

LOL :lol::lol: Like you don't get embarrassed every day?

Classic.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone who can consistently exploit Wozniacki's weak second serve and forehand CONSISTENTLY. Due to her FH grip, any ball that is coming hard and flat (and on grass it stays low) she can only scoop it up and pat it back, which can make for easy put-aways. Alternatively watch what Kvitova did last year, hit with enough margin and just followed it into the net.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Actually for Maria's sake I do hope she gets Wozniacki. It would be a cakewalk to the semis. Gajdosova can be a lot of trouble, particularly on grass.

I expect Jarmila Groth to take her out before Maria gets her taste.

First off, don't tell Jarka her last name is Groth. She'll kill you.

2ND, Maria has a few underrated hurdles to get by in her path. You guys keep putting more pressure on her, and she has never really dealt well with the pressure of expectations when she's a top favorite.

s teddy
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'll have to remember this thread. Some of these posts might be worth quoting in future results threads.

NedRise
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Wow, a poll where everybody could end up wrong.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Anyone who can consistently exploit Wozniacki's weak second serve and forehand CONSISTENTLY. Due to her FH grip, any ball that is coming hard and flat (and on grass it stays low) she can only scoop it up and pat it back, which can make for easy put-aways. Alternatively watch what Kvitova did last year, hit with enough margin and just followed it into the net.

Way different player than last year, where she was still unsure about her injury.

Stronger, more on the baseline, and stepping into her backhand consistently a little better, with an improved serve.

Also, Kvitova is a lot better at this consistently than Gajdasova is.

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Way different player than last year, where she was still unsure about her injury.

Stronger, more on the baseline, and stepping into her backhand consistently a little better, with an improved serve.

wrong. Pushniacka is not a better player than she was last year - in fact last year she played better on clay and looked more aggressive than she does nowadays. So you better get your facts straight before commenting on what you have no idea about

kman
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
WHO THE FUCK is Gajdosova and why the hell do people think she has a better chance than say Razzano who lost a close 67 67 final against Caroline in Eastbourne.

Gajdosova?! Never fucking heard of her.

And this nobody is supposed to be beat Wozniacki?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Her grip hasnt changed from last year, nor has her forehand. The serve in terms of raw pace is also quite similar. Unlike Hardcourts where she can deflect opponent's pace since the ball bounce is higher (even covering her FH liability by rolling it cc with enough spin to create angles) its really difficult to do that on grass where the ball stays low and given her grip her only option is to scoop it up.

I dont know about the injury from last year since she won a tournament immediately after Wimbledon.

Gajdasova cant volley half as well as Kvitova; she cannot use the same tactic as her, but then again I never said that Jarmila will be the one to beat Caro.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
WHO THE FUCK is Gajdosova and why the hell do people think she has a better chance than say Razzano who lost a close 67 67 final against Caroline in Eastbourne.

Ehhh, see Sam Groth to know who Gajdosova is (unless you're being sarcastic)

kman
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
wrong. Pushniacka is not a better player than she was last year - in fact last year she played better on clay and looked more aggressive than she does nowadays. So you better get your facts straight before commenting on what you have no idea about

Wozniacki's results are better this year. So yea, I'd say she's better this year.

Steven.
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hoping more than analyzing I see.

Janka has the talent of course, but Wozniacki knows she can still counterpuncher her to death on errors and many others things, as well as take the initiative with a sneaky fast serve, and be optimistic with her backhand.

You are more than hoping that Wozniacki is a top contender only behind the William sisters. Her second serves are weak and how often does she hit a bh winner down the line enough to give her the advantage on the offensive side? Her puffballs are just looking to be punished as long as these ball bashers as long as they keep their errors to a minimum.

Have you also considered her movement on grass as well? And not to mention her non-existent net game.

You also really overrate her counter punching game, especially on a low bouncing surface like grass where she can't just retrieve the ball and expect to get back into the point. Also, please search up a list of counter punchers, pick out the ones who have made it to the top and watch their matches.

Any ball basher that can keep the ball in will hit Wozniacki off the court. It's not news.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Her grip hasnt changed from last year, nor has her forehand. The serve in terms of raw pace is also quite similar. Unlike Hardcourts where she can deflect opponent's pace (even covering her FH liability by rolling it cc with enough spin to create angles) its really difficult to do that on grass where the ball stays low and given her grip her only option is to scoop it up.

I dont know about the injury from last year since she won a tournament immediately after Wimbledon.

Gajdasova cant volley half as well as Kvitova; she cannot use the same tactic as her, but then again I never said that Jarmilla will be the won to beat Caro.

I didn't mean to imply you were the one saying Jarka would win, just addressing all the others who are a-HOPIN and a-PRAYIN.

I think you'll see her go more down the line on the backhand and even forehand this tournament, and come in a bit more. Her serve is at the same pace, but she does a great job nowadays of mixing speed, spots and slice, which will help her on grass this year. She is a very underrated "pitcher" of the ball.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM

:lol::lol:

Someone is already angry early I see today.

Okay if you, being the only one in the world, who says "The Pusher" was better in June 2010 than she is now in June 2011.......:lol:

Seems like you haven't checked into the "Looney tuney" ward yet. :help::lol:

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
You are more than hoping that Wozniacki is a top contender only behind the William sisters. Her second serves are weak and how often does she hit a bh winner down the line enough to give her the advantage on the offensive side? Her puffballs are just looking to be punished as long as these ball bashers as long as they keep their errors to a minimum.

Have you also considered her movement on grass as well? And not to mention her non-existent net game.

You also really overrate her counter punching game, especially on a low bouncing surface like grass where she can't just retrieve the ball and expect to get back into the point. Also, please search up a list of counter punchers, pick out the ones who have made it to the top and watch their matches.

Any ball basher that can keep the ball in will hit Wozniacki off the court. It's not news.

A-Hopin and A-Prayin.

If this was Wozniacki of 2009 and 2010, yes, this is very true.

But now on fast surfaces, you are going to need a little bit more than just pure hitting to beat her nowadays.

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
:lol::lol:

Someone is already angry early I see today.

Okay if you, being the only one in the world, who says "The Pusher" was better in June 2010 than she is now in June 2011.......:lol:

Seems like you haven't checked into the "Looney tuney" ward yet. :help::lol:

actually if you cared to watch some of pushers matches from 2009 she was much more aggressive and advantageous than she is nowadays. But of course, lacking in argument area you resort to ad hominem attacks. Not surprising seeing that you are a stan of a player who relies on her opponents mistakes to win tennis matches...

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:19 PM
These threads :scared:

Vincey!
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm saying Masha if Jarka didn't take her out in R3.

Steven.
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
actually if you cared to watch some of pushers matches from 2009 she was much more aggressive and advantageous than she is nowadays. But of course, lacking in argument area you resort to ad hominem attacks. Not surprising seeing that you are a stan of a player who relies on her opponents mistakes to win tennis matches...

:worship:

2009 Wozniacki was fun to watch.

But anyways, Wozniacki's offensive game has regressed over the years while her defensive game has significantly improved: true. But defense isn't enough to be a top contender for Wimbledon. Has a counter-puncher ever won Wimbledon? The closest I know of is Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, who is a goddess at counter punching. And then Kim's semi-finals appearances.

Serena_Williams_
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
She is either losing 2 or 3 round,but hey that is a preety good result for her at a GS

pesto
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Sharapova, if her serve is working. But if she starts bleeding DFs and the rest of her game follows her serve into the gutter, Caro will take advantage.

longtin23
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Masha or Li

young_gunner913
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
If Sania can serve somewhat consistantly she could pull off the upset. Her FH would blitz Wozniacki. If not, then my money is on Jarka. She's a beast of a player on any surface.

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Maria :shrug:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sharapower will kick her fat ass! :rocker2:

Navratil
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Once in a while I see Mirza playing like a # 1 player - like the 1st set in the quarterfinal in Charleston versus Peng - and then she doesn't seem to be able to win a set for months...

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I dont know why some people are confident that Maria will beat Wozniacki. Wozniacki will be the favourite to win if they do meet.

terjw
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM

The idea that she was a better player 1 year ago when she's got 10 titles the last 12 months beggars belief. Also your claim she was more aggressive 2 years ago is pure nonsense. Here's her last match.

As for the poster(s) who say Caro can't volley. Well she doesn't do it that often - but when she does she's usually very effective. The matches at Eastbourne - in particular both Sam and Serena were making a lot of howlers at the net that Caro very rarely misses nowadays. Sure she's not at the net so often and not a natural volleyer - but she is very effective - see 0.08, 0.10, 1.10, 5.20.

K6efVrQl2zM

Caro is a contender like a few others are. That's all I'm saying - I don't do predictions. But I'm hoping both Caro and Sharapova make it for a clash though. I think most commentators and experts would like that to happen.

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
The idea that she was a better player 1 year ago when she's got 10 titles the last 12 months beggars belief. Also your claim she was more aggressive 2 years ago is pure nonsense. Here's her last match.

As for the poster(s) who say Caro can't volley. Well she doesn't do it that often - but when she does she's usually very effective. The matches at Eastbourne - in particular both Sam and Serena were making a lot of howlers at the net that Caro very rarely misses nowadays. Sure she's not at the net so often and not a natural volleyer - but she is very effective - see 0.08, 0.10, 1.10, 5.20.

K6efVrQl2zM

Caro is a contender like a few others are. That's all I'm saying - I don't do predictions. But I'm hoping both Caro and Sharapova make it for a clash though. I think most commentators and experts would like that to happen.
Those are hardly anything special though, plus she's missed her fair share of volleys as well (easy or not). I'm not convinced by her net skills, even Pova has pulled off more spectacular volleys than her and she rarely plays the traditional ones.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I dont know why some people are confident that Maria will beat Wozniacki. Wozniacki will be the favourite to win if they do meet.

Agreed.

On faster surfaces, it's a terrible matches for Sharapova. Wozniacki can push and push and push her back with angles and step in the court more times than say Jankovic, getting Sharapova from ultra aggressive on offense to desperately in questions defensively.

And she's also, simply, besides being a superior mover, mentally tougher now.

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Gajdosova is gonna on in on her wig.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Jarmila is a good player on the right day.
Its not easy, but her quarter has no title contender, so I expect Caroline to work her way thru to the Maria QF.
If she doesnt, after her early FO loss, there is reason for concern.

terjw
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Those are hardly anything special though, plus she's missed her fair share of volleys as well (easy or not). I'm not convinced by her net skills, even Pova has pulled off more spectacular volleys than her and she rarely plays the traditional ones.

She doesn't miss many nowadays. She's pretty solid. As I said she doesn't naturally go to the net. But the percentage of points and volleys she makes when she does go to the net is very high. This is the biggest area IMO that she's improved on. If I was forced to risk a lot of money and could have any player I wanted to on making reasonable not difficult volleys - particularly after some running around and several rallies - right now I would be more nervous with more natural volleyers Sam or Serena than Caro from their matches I saw.

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:45 PM

n9RZi0dRlhM

TBH, even a useless player like Görges can clean up Karolina here. Karolina's game is unable to exploit Julia's long swings and excessive preparation because she doesn't hit big enough or flat enough.

erschloy214
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I hope Parra-Santonja :-)

sam.jones
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM
it's hard to predict, but for sure either of gajdossova, görges or sharapova will do....stosur in qf would be a huge shock, same like caro in the sf

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Caro = 2011 Wimbledon champ :bowdown:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Do you watch tennis aside from Caroline's matches? Jarka is very good when she's not missing, but then again, she's very hit-or-miss. She's not gonna be firing consistently through the whole match.

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Caro = 2011 Wimbledon champ :bowdown:My, aren't we determined? :lol:

C. Drone
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Caro = 2011 Wimbledon champ :bowdown:

Garcia lost in 2nd round of qualies. :weirdo: just ask Murray.

Madoka
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
i dunno current mirzas form, but if she's just playing in a decent way, pushniacki will be out in round2

New_balls_please
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Arantxa Parra Santonja :cheer: :hearts: She is going to play out of her skin to win this :D

Chrissie-fan
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:49 PM
This thread is :lol:, :sad: and :rolleyes: put together. It's fascinating (and rather sad really, but that's human nature for ya) that so many people give the impression that they would be happier with an early loss from Caro or a humiliating defeat against a big name player than with a win of their own fave. As long as they will get the opportunity to make fun of Caroline, much like bullies in school always pick on the same kid, they will love this Wimbledon.

I don't know how far she will get. I'm not one to make bold predictions only to be caught with my pants down my ankles only a few days later. I HOPE that she can make it to the quarter finals. If she then goes out against Sharapova (definitely one of the pre-tournament faves in my opinion) after giving a good account of herself she deserves a pat on the back and a "well done." Anything more than that would make me very happy indeed. But even if she goes out in round one, I know that she will have competed as hard as she can and I ask for nothing more. :hug:

New_balls_please
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Arantxa can be tricky sometimes! Her serve is pretty good although lacks consistency. She hits hard and flat both sides and her volley is decent.
C'mon Arantxa! You can do this!

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
:spit:
Gajdosova probably has the earliest chance. If she's playing well, she could take Wozniacki out in straights on grass.
:spit:
If Gajdosova has a good day Woz will be in real trouble.
Nah, if she gets into trouble she'll complain about calls or get an injury timeout :devil:.
Gajdosova is gonna on in on her wig.
No.
Still angry Wozniacki keeps winning matches, chump? :weirdo:Parra Santonja isn't your typical Spanish player. She mixes up her stroke speeds well and has some really flat shots (she destroyed Petkovic in Madrid). Given Wozniacki's lack of match play on grass and if she struggles with her depth I think she could be in a wee bit of trouble.

True. That girl can hit hard and flat. I hope she'll have a good day. :lick:

but also parra can be dangerous
Who the fuck is this Parra Santonja person? Who the hell? Is she supposed to be a threat? Where is she ranked? Low top 100? Sounds like a scrub, and she's supposedly a threat? Haters clutching at anything thesedays :lol:

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hopefully Jarka, would be a big win for her.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
All the options prior R4 is an insult to common sense. Well done:weirdo:

bbjpa
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Parra has just beaten the future #1 Robson on grass, so... :haha:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
:lol: at Word_Life quoting so many posts to reply :hysteric:. He needs to get a life quickly :sobbing:.

Anyway, I think It will be Gajdosova who will take her out in R3. Gajdosova has such a powerful game when its on, and If she makes it to R3, gaining momentum from her previous matches, she would have a great chance to knock the "world number 1" in that round.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
What does the fact that Gajdowhatever co-leading the poll tells about the quality of this forum users?:D

Root
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
What does the fact that Gajdowhatever co-leading the poll tells about the quality of this forum users?:D

They have opened their eyes.

TennisFan66
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
This thread is :lol:, :sad: and :rolleyes: put together. It's fascinating (and rather sad really, but that's human nature for ya) that so many people give the impression that they would be happier with an early loss from Caro or a humiliating defeat against a big name player than with a win of their own fave. As long as they will get the opportunity to make fun of Caroline, much like bullies in school always pick on the same kid, they will love this Wimbledon.

I don't know how far she will get. I'm not one to make bold predictions only to be caught with my pants down my ankles only a few days later. I HOPE that she can make it to the quarter finals. If she then goes out against Sharapova (definitely one of the pre-tournament faves in my opinion) after giving a good account of herself she deserves a pat on the back and a "well done." Anything more than that would make me very happy indeed. But even if she goes out in round one, I know that she will have competed as hard as she can and I ask for nothing more. :hug:

+1

I get the distinct impression we're dealing with a lot of posters age 10-14. At least I hope so, because if they are adults .... :help:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM
They have opened their eyes.

Yeah, right:yeah: I don't even know to laugh or to cry about the fact. Quite a sad audience dominates this place apparently.:sad:

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM
:lol: at Word_Life quoting so many posts to reply :hysteric:. He needs to get a life quickly :sobbing:.

Anyway, I think It will be Gajdosova who will take her out in R3. Gajdosova has such a powerful game when its on, and If she makes it to R3, gaining momentum from her previous matches, she would have a great chance to knock the "world number 1" in that round.
You got a problem?

Gajdosova is NOT beating Wozniacki.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
+1

I get the distinct impression we're dealing with a lot of posters age 10-14. At least I hope so, because if they are adults .... :help:

True that. You know what amazes me, in a bad way, the most? Tennis is formerly used to be a sport of intellectuals. What has happened to this beautiful sport of ours, why, what had it made to get the followers of the recent sort...:facepalm:

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, right:yeah: I don't even know to laugh or to cry about the fact. Quite a sad audience dominates this place apparently.:sad:

just like every "sane" fan was laughing in the Push and Anotoxfa WWW French Open thread I guess:lol:
When will pusher stans will learn that all of her matches are out of her own hands?

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Well, let´s see:

Parra-Santoja and Mirza are too inconsistent and erratic to beat her, IMHO.

Jarmila Gajdošová has certainly the game to beat Wozniacki, IMHO, but then again, I thought that she would be able to beat Petkovic at RG and Radwanska in Eastbourne as well ... and guess what happened in the end. :rolleyes: But if Jarka plays well, she should have a decent chance of winning this match.

If Goerges´ performance against Ivanovic in Eastbourne is a valid indication of how well she plays on grass, then she will probably lose before the 4th round. Dominika Cibulková, if she beats Mirjana Lucic, may cause some troubles to Wozniacki as well, since she played very well against Kuznetsova and she is able to play fairly close matches with Wozniacki even on hard which is Wozniacki´s best surface.

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
True that. You know what amazes me, in a bad way, the most? Tennis is formerly used to be a sport of intellectuals. What has happened to this beautiful sport of ours, why, what had it made to get the followers of the recent sort...:facepalm:
Yeah.. Then you came around.

TennisFan66
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM

That is a very good question, but needless to say, when Millwall footie supporters intellectually supersede your average GM poster, the sport could have a problem.

Luckily though, your average real life tennis supporter is very different from GM, why its not quite as bad as it may look.

As to the reason, why this wave of adolescents posting on here, I can really only think of one reason: Computer games.

They've never played tennis for real. Their knowledge comes from watching 3 minute youtube clips and play games on the computer. I mean, what kind of sensible input can one expect from this sort of poster. Kids, who think they know everything. That they imho ruin GM, is in this matter beside the point.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM

:oh:

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM

What does the fact that you don´t even know Jarka and how to spell her surname tell about the level of your knowledge about tennis? :D

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM
just like every "sane" fan was laughing in the Push and Anotoxfa WWW French Open thread I guess:lol:
When will pusher stans will learn that all of her matches are out of her own hands?
OMG. It took me literally 5 mins to realise this could be said for real. You're not even new to tennis....

The "sane" might be wrong sometimes, because the the sane ones can't 100% know the future. But the thing you're spreading around now is not coming from a sane person by any means, sorry:help:

Linguae^
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Arantxa Parra Santonja.

*Jool*
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
vamos! :devil:

PLP
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Well, I didn't vote, but here is my take on Caro's draw.

APS could be tricky, especially as she has no play on grass yet but she should definitely come through.

Sania should NOT be taken lightly. I don't think grass is her surface but if she plays anywhere near her best, Caro is going to have to play really well to win it.

Domi, Julia, and Jarka could all be challenging too, but I think if Caro wins a few rds, she will be too consistent.

If she faces Maria(1/4's) or Serena(1/2's), she would be the underdog IMO, so just getting to the quarters would be a good if not great achievement and would set Caro up well for her favorite part of the season. GL Caroline!

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Kindergarten level humour. Why am I not surprised though...

That is a very good question, but needless to say, when Millwall footie supporters intellectually supersede your average GM poster, the sport could have a problem.

Luckily though, your average real life tennis supporter is very different from GM, why its not quite as bad as it may look.

As to the reason, why this wave of adolescents posting on here, I can really only think of one reason: Computer games.

They've never played tennis for real. Their knowledge comes from watching 3 minute youtube clips and play games on the computer. I mean, what kind of sensible input can one expect from this sort of poster. Kids, who think they know everything. That they imho ruin GM, is in this matter beside the point.
Yeah, I feel your explanation is very close to the truth, if not the truth. Quite sad. Joining the board I've had some expectations, but apparently they have been ruined in a half of an hour. Unbelievable.:(

Anyway, thank to this post of yours, I gather I will still be able to find sensible people to talk about the sport with.

LA_CA
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
She'll probably win.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM

A few years ago there were some discussions at the Blast From the Past board if they should include discussions about recently retired players. Some of the reactions of the regulars there were very negative because they feared that it would no longer be possible to discuss tennis in a civilized manner if the trash talking kiddies from GM found out about it. :lol:

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:09 PM

By the way, I´ve just checked all your 16 posts on this board and it´s safe to conclude that they do not contain anything even remotely intellectual. ;) So it appears that you are just about the last one who is entitled to complain about the intellectual quality of this board.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
By the way, I´ve just checked all your 16 posts on this board and it´s safe to conclude that they do not contain anything even remotely intellectual. ;) So it appears that you are just about the last one who is entitled to complain about the intellectual quality of this board.

I adapt.:shrug: It's not like showing your tennis knowledge is appreciated here. I don't want to be a Calimero amoung you guys.:(

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I adapt.:shrug: It's not like showing your tennis knowledge is appreciated here. I don't want to be a Calimero amoung you guys.:(

Yeah, sure.:rolleyes: If you knew about tennis anything at all, then you would have known that the claim that Gajdošová, if playing well, is able to beat Wozniacki on grass (or at least able to make it a very close match) is a very defendable position. And yet, you make it sound like there couldn´t possibly be any claim which is more absurd.:help:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah, sure.:rolleyes: If you knew about tennis anything at all, then you would have known that the claim that Gajdošová, if playing well, is able to beat Wozniacki on grass (or at least able to make it a very close match) is a very defendable position. And yet, you make it sound like there couldn´t possibly be any claim which is more absurd.:help:

I understand you defend her cause she's a fellow Czech. It's ok:hug:

But don't make it sound like she stands a chance or anything. She's to play, big if whether she will have to play, the number one player in the world. BEST. PLAYER. OF. THIS. YEAR. - I hope you read it word by word, letter by letter and finally got a clue;)

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I'm expecting an competitive three setter between Caro and Masha...winner will be the eventual champion ;)

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I understand you defend her cause she's a fellow Czech. It's ok:hug:

But don't make it sound like she stands a chance or anything. She's to play, big if whether she will have to play, the number one player in the world. BEST. PLAYER. OF. THIS. YEAR. - I hope you read it word by word, letter by letter and finally got a clue;)

Jarka is actually a Slovak by origin and she has the Australian citizenship. She represented Australia in Fed Cup matches this year (i.e. she beated Schiavone).

Pray tell, what exactly do you actually know, if you don´t know such trivia? :mad:

And Wozniacki is perhaps the best player of the year -- but on hardcourts, certainly not on clay and grass

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Jarka is actually a Slovak by origin and she has the Australian citizenship. She represented Australia in Fed Cup matches this year (i.e. she beated Schiavone).

Pray tell, what exactly do you actually know, if you don´t know such trivia? :mad:
As if that's of a big difference.:shrug:

We'll talk after the match, in case that Gajdowhatever makes it to R3 by some miracle.

And Wozniacki is perhaps the best player of the year -- but on hardcourts, certainly not on clay and grass
It's yet to be seen. Clay is her worst surface. But the grass haven't yet seen the prime Wozniacki. I'm not certain she'll show up in her prime, but if she will you won't be happy having spectating her whole 2 weeks.

ajmo!
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Gajdosova or Lucic.

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
As if that's of a big difference.:shrug:

We'll talk after the match, in case that Gajdowhatever makes it to R3 by some miracle.

It's yet to be seen. Clay is her worst surface. But the grass haven't yet seen the prime Wozniacki. I'm not certain she'll show up in her prime, but if she will you won't be happy having spectating her whole 2 weeks.

It´s at least as big a difference as between a Frenchie and a guy from Belgium.

By the way, your constant use of this really embarrassing "Gajdowhatever" nonsens (embarrassing for you, that is) makes you definitely a shining example of "intellectuality" on this forum.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
It´s at least as big a difference as between a Frenchie and a guy from Belgium.

By the way, your constant use of this really embarrassing "Gajdowhatever" nonsens makes you definitely a shining example of "intellectuality" on tis forum.
:lol: Of course, France and Belgium were the same country just like Czechoslovakia:yeah:

Hard to remember name, no offence intended, really.

flareon
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Razzano is handy on grass she has a shot saw her play woz and eastbourne where she lost in two tight sets, Parra again different player I expect woz to beat her though, she could lose to Gadjasova but I do not think so, Masha will definately beat her on grass, I would love goerges to beat her again but I do not see her making it that far and stosur she is hit a miss but good against woz...

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
A few years ago there were some discussions at the Blast From the Past board if they should include discussions about recently retired players. Some of the reactions of the regulars there were very negative because they feared that it would no longer be possible to discuss tennis in a civilized manner if the trash talking kiddies from GM found out about it. :lol:I've seen some Seles-Graf threads in GM and they get pretty childish.

Brena
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM

lolsy
You're cruel. :tears:

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
:lol: Of course, France and Belgium were the same country just like Czechoslovakia:yeah:

Hard to remember name, no offence intended, really.

And? Czechs, Germans and Hungarians used to live together in one country as well (the Habsburg Empire or later Austria-Hungaria), does that mean that there is not a big difference between Germans, Czechs and Hungarians either?

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:51 PM
And? Czechs, Germans and Hungarians used to live together in one country as well (the Habsburg Empire or later Austria-Hungaria), does that mean that there is not a big difference between Germans, Czechs and Hungarians either?
we were talking about Czechs and Slovaks. Period:hug: quite the same nation as of 20 years ago

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM
we were talking about Czechs and Slovaks. Period:hug: quite the same nation as of 20 years ago

Tell that to Slovaks ... they would certainly beg to differ. :) :) :)

Anyway, further discussion with you is totally pointless; you are actually one of the worst trolls in this thread. ;)

Setsuna.
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Someone who is more talented than her.

terjw
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Spare me the double standards and hypocrisy with this "out of her own hands" that you and others parrot:

Firstly - Any top player on the ATP with a good serve who got 100% 1st serves in would be pretty much unbreakable and unbeatable. That they aren't unbreakable and unbeatable is because they don't get all their 1st serves in. That's out of the other player's hands. Top players hang in there and rely on the purple patch of players with big seerves blowing over all the time. That's "out of their hands".
And even in the WTA - all players rely on getting some 2nd serves. That's "out of their hands".
Secondly , in a match between say two attacking players - there's invariably more UEs by both than Caro makes. Suppose the player that loses didn't make those UEs. Are you seriously saying that would never make a difference and that player would still lose. If not and making shots rather than making the UEs would have made a difference - that's "out of the other player's hands".
Thirdly - the out of her hands when she's won 17 titles and 10 this last year is just ridiculous. If it was really all out of her hands - she wouldn't be continuously winning matches and titles.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I've seen some Seles-Graf threads in GM and they get pretty childish.
Yes, Graf-Seles is maybe the most inflammable topic of them all.

C. Drone
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM
oh, tea is back. :rain:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Someone who is more talented than her.
They are very numbered then. Good.
Spare me the double standards and hypocrisy with this "out of her own hands" that you and others parrot:

Firstly - Any top player on the ATP with a good serve who got 100% 1st serves in would be pretty much unbreakable and unbeatable. That they aren't unbreakable and unbeatable is because they don't get all their 1st serves in. That's out of the other player's hands. Top players hang in there and rely on the purple patch of players with big seerves blowing over all the time. That's "out of their hands".
And in the WTA - all players rely on getting some 2nd serves. That's "out of their hands".
Secondly , in a match between say two attacking players - there's invariably more UEs by both than Caro makes. Suppose the player that loses didn't make those UEs. Are you seriously saying that would never make a difference and that player would still lose. If not and making shots rather than making the UEs would have made a difference - that's "out of the other player's hands".
Thirdly - the out of her hands when she's won 17 titles and 10 this last year is just ridiculous. If it was really all out of her hands - she wouldn't be continuously winning matches and titles.
Post of the thread.:worship:

Just to think that she's won more than everyone mathces in 2010 and 2011, with every single one of those being "out of her own hands"....

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Firstly - Any top player on the ATP with a good serve who got 100% 1st serves in would be pretty much unbreakable and unbeatable. That they aren't unbreakable and unbeatable is because they don't get all their 1st serves in. That's out of the other player's hands. Top players hang in there and rely on the purple patch of players with big seerves blowing over all the time. That's "out of their hands" as if that means anything.
And in the WTA - all players rely on getting some 2nd serves. That's "out of their hands".
Thirdly - the out of her hands when she's won 17 titles and 10 this last year is just ridiculous. If it was out of her hands - she wouldn't be continuously winning matches and titles.

spare me your educational crap and let's take a look how she plays where it matters - the SLAMS:
Taking into account only the last 4 majors:
She was blown off the court by Kvitova in SW19 without having a single prayer of a chance to do anything on court (apart from hoping that Petra will start missing some time).
Then she took advantage of self-destructing Sharapova in US Open and was once again routined by a non-power player in the semis (blowing the notion that she only loses to "big hitters" at the same time)
At the Aussie Open she was safely cruising to the final untill Li Na woke up and started playing up to her true level (meaning she was once again blown off the court)
And I don't even need to mention her RG performance...

So here you go - she is yet to record a trully impressive win in a slam where her opponent is playing well and is not choking. Now tell me how exactly is she not an opportunist in lower level events where most of the TOP girls are not even playing or playing just half-arsed?

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
spare me your educational crap and let's take a look how she plays where it matters - the SLAMS:
She was blown off the court by Kvitova in SW19 without having a single prayer of a chance to do anything on court (apart from hoping that Petra will start missing some time).
Then she took advantage of self-destructing Sharapova in US Open and was once again routined by a non-power player in the semis (blowing the notion that she only loses to "big hitters" at the same time)
At the Aussie Open she was safely cruising to the final untill Li Na woke up and started playing up to her true level (meaning she was once again blown off the court)

So here you go - she is yet to record a trully impressive win in a slam where her opponent is playing well and is not choking. Now tell me how exactly is she not an opportunist in lower level events where most of the TOP girls are not even playing or playing just half-arsed?

:facepalm:

Getting lectured again and still mad that she beat Maria so bad at the US Open (and Indian Wells) :lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing yourself is a daily treat. :lol:

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
... ?Caroline isnt doing that badly at the majors. Over the last 2 years she has a final and 2 semis, beat plenty of decent players like Kuznetsova, Sharapova, Schiavone at majors.
Only players doing better than Caro at majors the last 2 years are 28 & older

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Are you going to conclude anything based on just 4 last majors? Considering that only 2 of the last 4 she played as No1? Wow, do go on then. Way to judge a 20 yo up-n-constantly-rising player.

That 'self-destructing' epithet next to Sharapova makes me extra smile:lol:

Never occured to you that Wozniacki herself might have choked that US Open and Aus Open semifinals? Or... only the opponents does choke (IF they lose)?:baby:

Matt01
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM

I stopped reading at that point. Such crap. :tape:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
:facepalm:

Getting lectured again and still mad that she beat Maria so bad at the US Open (and Indian Wells) :lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing yourself is a daily treat. :lol:

I stopped reading at that point. Such crap. :tape:
Oh guys.:lol: I wish I knew how this madmax person is usually treated here. Would have saved me those minutes of responing him.:) Is there a list of the users whose ordinary nonesense is waste of everyone's time to respond?:D

manu32
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
everybody becoz obviously no weapon on grass, her common 6 W/5UE in three sets ratio is useless there...
maybe the best pusher ever,but that's all..

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Oh guys.:lol: I wish I knew how this madmax person is usually treated here. Would have saved me those minutes of responing him.:) Is there a list of the users whose ordinary nonesense is waste of everyone's time to respond?:D

you have nothing to worry about tea:lol:
I'm pretty sure yet another gimmick account of yours will be erased from here sooner rather than later and we will be spared of your excellent insight into the game for another period of time...
in the meantime - enjoy your stay here while you can:wavey:

manu32
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM

Your previous name on this board was??
Very active for a new member and so aware...

Level55
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM
LOL at all the Woz haters claiming some of these people have a chance.

friendsita
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Maria
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxxe3FY9I1qg5h2to1_500.gif

Chrissie-fan
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
LOL at all the Woz haters claiming some of these people have a chance.
Well, they have a chance. A small chance perhaps, but a chance nonetheless. Just like everyone else has a chance against all of the other seeds.

Javi.
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
The forums will collapse if Arantxa pulls a Ruano Pascual :lol:
I don't see that coming, though

RobinT83
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Jarmila Groth can beat Pushniacki on a good day at Wimbledon.
Only and only if she plays a clever game (i'd be surprised!), controlled agression, consistency from the baseline and good service.
She's capable on a very good day, already enough firepower to overpower her.
But, Pushniacki's consistency and great defence will prevail surely...

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Jarmila Groth can beat Pushniacki on a good day at Wimbledon.
Only and only if she plays a clever game (i'd be surprised!), controlled agression, consistency from the baseline and good service.
She's capable on a very good day, already enough firepower to overpower her.
But, Pushniacki's consistency and great defence will prevail surely...

:lol:

Anyway, many can beat her on a goooooooooood day. The problem was, and still is - "good days" are 10 percents of the time, all the rest are - bad days, bad bad days thank to what Wozniacki is number one player of the world.

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Could be easily discussed in the Wozniacki forum. Let's move this crap there :yeah:
:hi5:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:27 PM
:hi5:
Even faking quotes you're boring.:( Maybe fellow JJ fans consider you as a funny person, but you gotta face the bitter truth - you're boring as fuck:hug:

Craig.
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM
tea :hysteric:

CPH
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Agree. Just like Greece has a great chance of not blowing off all of Germany's money or just like France has a great chance of implementing social security reforms. Odds are like ... 1:1. Almost. -Ish.

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Even faking quotes you're boring.:( Maybe fellow JJ fans consider you as a funny person, but you gotta face the bitter truth - you're boring as fuck:hug:
That's a bit mean, but expected. You can't do better.

Potato
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
tea is back!

Wozniacki is going to need some luck getting through these first few rounds for sure. I still expect her to make the second week though.

Novichok
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Serena after Caroline scalps Maria. :hearts:

Miracle Worker
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Caroline Wozniacki will win Wimbledon 2011.

Mark my words ;)

oomph
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Brainless ballbasher Gajdosova to beat the WTA no. 1.

:tape:

Cuz God knows, those fare so well against her. :lol:

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Brainless ballbasher Gajdosova to beat the WTA no. 1.

:tape:

Cuz God knows, those fare so well against her. :lol:

Yup, just like your fav Maria did last year at the Open (and Indian Wells) :lol::lol:

Novichok
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Caroline Wozniacki will win Wimbledon 2011.

Mark my words ;)

Your words are marked and discarded. :wavey:

Pops Maellard
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:00 AM
LOL at all those underestimating Gajdosova, she played really well at Wimbledon last year. Grass is clearly her thing. :hearts:

sluggahjells
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:02 AM
LOL at all those underestimating Gajdosova, she played really well at Wimbledon last year. Grass is clearly her thing. :hearts:

No one rational is underestimating Jarka.

You guys though are underestimating Caroline. :help:

Graftard
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:04 AM
No one rational is underestimating Jarka.

You guys though are underestimating Caroline. :help:

:happy:

6-3 6-2, 6-2 6-0, 6-3 6-4, 6-1 6-3...

...are some of her recent slam results

Wouldn't be surprised if she crashes out in R3 or something again. But then again, she'll always have her junior Wimbledon title :yeah:

Hurley
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
It took me half a post to add Open Your Ass to my ignore list; the sooner tea is banned again, the better.

kman doesn't know Gajdosova is f/k/a Groth..what a tennis fan :oh:

GeeTee
Jun 18th, 2011, 03:31 AM
There should be an option for 'anybody'..

KBlade
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:36 AM

Not particularly. Stay away from the Wozniacki backhand, and it's highly unlikely she's going to put you on the defence.

Huntress55
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Jarka in R3 :D

Pasta-Na
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Gajdosova

Mike81
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I would be confident in Jarka's chances against Woz on grass. I like Woz and don't like the crap she gets constantly on this forum, but I'd like Jarka to try and improve on her 4th round appearance from 2010 and she's great to watch when she's on.

eck
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mirza should first beat Razzano to even have a chance against wozniacki.
I will give Gajdosova a chance. Somebody will stop Caro for sure. She isn't winning this.

If Sania can reproduce the glorious form she showed against Justine earlier this year....she'd be almost unplayable.

Navratil
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Well Jarmilla lost to Radwanska last week. It was close but in two long sets. I kinda expect the same against Wozniacki - if they meet in the 3rd round...

But quarterfinals should be the end of Wozniacki's run...

Moveyourfeet
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Honestly, I think Caro is going to win WImbledon this year.

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM

I expect this quote to be in multi sigs after she gets her ass kicked. :lol:

$uricate
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM

I don't see why not.

She's the most marketable female athlete in the world.

She's hot.

I just saw her on tv.

Some guy at ESPN told me she would.

:shrug:

Specter
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:28 AM

You know, it's funny you say that, as I have been coming across a few of these guys recently ...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/pork-on-the-wing.jpg

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Well, eventually, in the final, I think Venus denies her in a classic.

Break My Rapture
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I expect this quote to be in multi sigs after she gets her ass kicked. :lol:
:lol: I'd rather use this one:
Well, eventually, in the final, I think Venus denies her in a classic.

A-Bond
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I hope it's gonna be Jarka :)

Mightymirza
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Hoping for Sania to win a round and delivering a surprise :lol: But realistically, probably Sharpie?

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
:lol: I'd rather use this one:

Please do :lol:

I sure hope your fav doesn't lose to Robson in Round 2 or Safraova in Round 3 early, LOL

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Wozniacki has never gotten past the Round of 16 at Wimbledon.
So if she is going to be relevant at Wimbledon over the next decade, its about time she showed it.
Her draw has some flat hitters, but no true contenders until Sharapova, so that's at least how far she should go.

Break My Rapture
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Please do :lol:

I sure hope your fav doesn't lose to Robson in Round 2 or Safraova in Round 3 early, LOL
Do you actually WANT me to bump this post when/if Robson and Safarova don't make it to that stage?

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Is this thread still going? Nobody is going to stop Wozniacki this year, I think. This will be her year and her first slam.

Jimmie48
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Is this thread still going? Nobody is going to stop Wozniacki this year, I think. This will be her year and her first slam.

As much as I´d like to see that it is not really a very realistic prospect, don't you think?

Her first slam will be on hardcourt, either this year's USO or AO next year... I´ll be happy if she reaches the semis in Wimbledon...everything else would be a rather big surprise.

backslapu
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I said Sharapova, but Wozniacki did beat SHARAPOVA in the 4th. at the US OPEN last year so I dont know.... Wozniacki isnt as big of a scrub as people think. and if Maria's serve is on 100%, Wozzy-Serena

backhandsmash
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM
As much as I´d like to see that it is not really a very realistic prospect, don't you think?

Her first slam will be on hardcourt, either this year's USO or AO next year... I´ll be happy if she reaches the semis in Wimbledon...everything else would be a rather big surprise.

I'd be happy with a QF. Everything after that is just a bonus.

The Reff
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I'd be happy with a QF. Everything after that is just a bonus.

Pretty much my sentiments too

serenaforever
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM
If she meets Sharapova in the quarters, I say she's finished.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Those 47 amateurs who has voted for Gajdosova.... is this just pure hate or are you indeed this much primitive?:awww:
They are just haters. Hating is what they do best. They latch onto any player that Wozniacki plays and cheer for them. They also bandwagon the players that beat her until Wozniacki is beaten by another player, which they then move on to bandwagoning.

alextim
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Marion !!

CPH
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Not going to happen. I hope for Caroline that she'll make it to the Sharapova-match, but she won't win a slam until she gets her serve and offensive game up and running.

quote unquote
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Serena is the best player in the world - active

Caroline is the current #1

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I said Sharapova, but Wozniacki did beat SHARAPOVA in the 4th. at the US OPEN last year so I dont know.... Wozniacki isnt as big of a scrub as people think. and if Maria's serve is on 100%, Wozzy-Serena

Even if she serves 100%, I think Wozniacki is such a great and smart returner that she will get it back with interest like she did at the US Open and indian Wells, and cause many problems.

The fast surface favors her in my mind.

postalblowfish
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Voting against the best player in the world.....

Let's see...

Basically, the closer to R1 exit you've voted the less IQ you signed you've got.:hug:

Didn't know this forum's name was mentallyhandicappedhaterscircle.com :awww:

Not cool, dood.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
You lack some chromosomes.:awww:

Tea? You're back, AGAIN?

quote unquote
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
You lack some chromosomes.:awww:

save your breath, mate. you’ll need it for your inflatable doll when you get home.

postalblowfish
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM

Hm...........

Whose double account you are?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not anyone's double account, but I'm quite curious as to whose you think I am.

postalblowfish
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:01 PM
You must be tea. They always say it's tea.:( Anyway, I am reporting you, and watch you're gone!:wavey:

Edited.

Who is this 'tea' person? I see them mentioned a fair bit. Anyone fill me in?

Matt01
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
If she meets Sharapova in the quarters, I say she's finished.

Who? Sharapova or Wozniacki? ;)

NadalSharapova
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
stupid thread, its like saying wozniacki is the player to beat. how ridiculous is that.

BartoLiNa
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Gajdosova is a mental midget, so no way is she beating Woz.

Caro will make it to the QF and no further. The only way Sharapova is losing to her is if she plays like total crap, as she did the other times she lost to her. Given her current form I can't see that happening, especially on grass.

Level55
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Let me guess, you guys think Caro's first round opponent tanked on purpose :p

I think Gadjosova could beat Caro, but only if she plays below par. Otherwise Sharapova would be the one to stop her.

Paldias
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Lol

toxina90
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Razzanno in straights :wavey:

Sideline: Georges, even though she's terrible on grass :help:

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Only 3 people picked Razzano. Caro is 4-0 against her, winning every set.
Lets see what happens this round

told ya
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Let's conratulate 51 clowns who has voted for Gajdosova! :haha:

Jimmie48
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Let's conratulate 51 clowns who has voted for Gajdosova! :haha:

Wishful thinking :lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
So, Gajdosova was supposed to stop Wozniacki? :spit: Haters know absolutely nothing :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Nobody. :hysteric: Lord have mercy.

DefyingGravity
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:47 PM
If Serena makes it to championship mode, which starts in the SF, then that's where Wozniacki will end. I'm actually gonna say that the potential Sharapova/Wozniacki quarterfinal is a toss up on this particular surface.

Mike81
Jun 25th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I like Wozniacki alot, even though as an Aussie and being a real BFF with Sabine, I wanted Jarka to win but the World No 1 is just so unfazed by any criticism from the likes of here and just gets on with business. A very impressive player and person is Caroline. There are a few players I like more but there's no dislike, only respect for Caroline.

kman
Jun 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
lol, how badly the Gajdosova backers got owned.

TS polls are just that. Garbage.

It's more wish-thinking than anything.

eck
Jun 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cibulkova, and she's not even on the poll :spit:

doni1212
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I was a round too early! Close, but no cigar :(

Break My Rapture
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM
kman's favorite quote can now be used against him.

"Eat crow!" :oh:

GrandMartha
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM
:haha:

barmaid
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Minnie Mouse:p:rolleyes::lol:!!!

Barmaid:wavey:

JN
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/15fhu28.jpg

Ferg
Jun 27th, 2011, 11:46 PM

oh NOES :hysteric:

Navratil
Jun 29th, 2011, 06:54 AM
oh NOES :hysteric:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cibulkova hasn't even been on the list cause she really isn't a grass court player at all! I have no idea how she beat Goerges (who hit 12 aces!) but even Cibulkova is way more aggressive than Wozniacki.

Wozniacki is so lucky that she was not to play Sharapova in the quarters. That would have been history: First double - bagled # 1 player :lick:

Zvonapova
Jun 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM
LOL- I'm definitely, not a Caro fan, but I'm not understanding the hate for her on this board. She's just another player on tour as far as I'm concerned and she seems like a good kid. It's not her fault that the rankings system is crap...

The Kaz
Jun 29th, 2011, 07:09 AM
So, Gajdosova was supposed to stop Wozniacki? :spit: Haters know absolutely nothing :lol:

Another Slovakian-born woman did the job instead :oh:

Mike81
Jun 29th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Too much enjoyment in Caro's losses on this board. It's sad. She's out of the tournament and people still talk about her like they are obsessed...

Navratil
Jun 29th, 2011, 08:30 AM
LOL- I'm definitely, not a Caro fan, but I'm not understanding the hate for her on this board. She's just another player on tour as far as I'm concerned and she seems like a good kid. It's not her fault that the rankings system is crap...

You are absolutly right. You can't blame Caro for being # 1!

It's not fair. But life is not fair and it's even more unfair standing in the public ;)