PDA

View Full Version : Why Fransexa doesn't play well on grass?

Italian power
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I think that her game could be very effective on grass, with her nice slice bhs, slice serve and great net play...
But her results are very bad :o

Juanes
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
too sexy for grass maybe :shrug:

Italian power
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM
:lol:

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Her topspin shots are not very effective on grass, her serve isn´t very good either and she has actually quite a poor return (considering the fact that she´s a top 10 player).

adner
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
She has reached Wimbledon QF. She plays well on grass.

TheHangover
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Her topspin shots are not very effective on grass, her serve isn´t very good either and she has actually quite a poor return (considering the fact that she´s a top 10 player).

this.

but her return of serve isn't quite poor, is very poor!
Plus on grass she has no time to prepare her shots because the ball comes too fast, so she gets on the defensive since the first ball

vozas
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
She takes big swings at her shots, and therefore doesn't time them nearly as well as she does on clay. Her heavy top spin doesn't work with a grass bounce, and as such her shots become puffs mid court, ready to be punished by an opponent that hits it flatter.

I doubt she gets past the 3rd round tbh.

BlueTrees
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM
She reached Wimbledon QF two years ago? :shrug:

Italian power
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I think that she should play more aggressive, coming to the net in almost every point

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
She has reached Wimbledon QF. She plays well on grass.

Her Wimbledon singles record is 11-11, though. Her Eastbourne singles record is 5-7. Her Birmingham singles record is 4-3.

Thus, her total match record on grass is 20 wins and 21 losses.

Darop.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Her Wimbledon singles record is 11-11, though. Her Eastbourne singles record is 5-7. Her Birmingham singles record is 4-3.

Thus, her total match record on grass is 20 wins and 21 losses.

She reached the Rosmalen SF 2 years ago.

Corswandt
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
but her return of serve isn't quite poor, is very poor!
Plus on grass she has no time to prepare her shots because the ball comes too fast, so she gets on the defensive since the first ball

She takes big swings at her shots, and therefore doesn't time them nearly as well as she does on clay. Her heavy top spin doesn't work with a grass bounce, and as such her shots become puffs mid court, ready to be punished by an opponent that hits it flatter.

She doesn't time her shots all that well even on clay. I remember vs Babyfat she was framing like every other shot, yet they all still landed on the lines. :tape: Those new strings help her get away with it, but she doesn't have good natural timing, that's for sure.

Agree with everything otherwise, and would just like to add the issues brought by her almost full Western FH grip.

BlueTrees
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:33 PM
By a walkover from Razzano.

How was Razzano a "walkover" for Schiavone? :confused: She'd just reached Roland Garros 4R (beat Hantuchova), Eastbourne final (beat Dementieva, Aga Radwanska, Bartoli and lost close match to Wozniacki) and then reached the 4R of Wimbledon. Razzano was in arguably the best form of her career. Go learn something about tennis.

Matej
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:36 PM
She reached the Rosmalen SF 2 years ago.

OK, she is 4-3 in Hertogenbosch, so her overall match record on grass is even: 25 wins and 25 losses.

I forgot that it´s actually (for some reason) s´Hertogenbosch :rolleyes: ... so you have to search for it on the list of her tournaments under the letter "S". :)

vozas
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM
When is everyone gonna stop using matches from 2009 as an example for anything? That year is by far the most embarrassing in female tennis history. It was a twilight zone kind of year, and anything that happened during it should not be taken seriously.

Daruma.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
How was Razzano a "walkover" for Schiavone? :confused: She'd just reached Roland Garros 4R (beat Hantuchova), Eastbourne final (beat Dementieva, Aga Radwanska, Bartoli and lost close match to Wozniacki) and then reached the 4R of Wimbledon. Razzano was in arguably the best form of her career. Go learn something about tennis.

Sorry, I've done a small mistake. ;) You're right, Razzano was in great shape back then. :yeah: That's actually when I started to follow her.

I just checked the 2009 draw and it seems Francesca also bageled Bartoli. :unsure:

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Poor return.
Her BH crumbles in high pace rallies.
Low first serve percentage.
Huge swings which require a lot of time.