The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
http://www4.tu-ilmenau.de/nt/en/private_home/song/figs/step.gif

Serenus Christ
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm9zl0WRP91ql141xo1_400.gif

AchillesHell
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
:drink::drink::drink::clap2::clap2::clap2:http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

Banditoo
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
11 Williams final on tournament from GS! :bounce:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Now they just have to make it :unsure:

Feyd
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
They have been on opposite halves on Wimbledon like ... eternity.

sammy01
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
yeah cus that worked out so well for them last year, when neither was coming back from long lays offs either

Mistress of Evil
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
not sure both of them are making the final, though :shrug:

RenaSlam.
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
yeah cus that worked out so well for them last year, when neither was coming back from long lays offs either

It worked out for Serena. So step and shut up.

VishaalMaria
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM

They could always play their way into the tournament.

Sean.
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/GIFS/run.gif

Lady Jaja to the rescue!

jefrilibra
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
So we get to see and HEAR Lakeisha everyday???!!! :hysteric: :hearts:

bandabou
Nice..now that's out of the way. Still some tough draw to navigate through. Gonna be an intereting Wimbledon for sure.

sammy01
They could always play their way into the tournament.

i just think it is stupid to look ahead or put any expectations on either of them right now.

serena was struggling with her breathing and movement big time in eastbourne, and venus lost to her ultimate bitch dani.

lets just enjoy them being back, and hope they play well.

serenafann
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
This is good news.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Good news, but that doesnt mean they will reach the finals :shrug: As I said in the other thread there both have tough quarters (Serena will have to beat Bartoli/Na and Venus will have to escape JJ/Vera/Kvitova). I am just glad that both are back and healthy.

eDonkey
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmiiikF0p71qcxh43o1_250.gif

Vlover
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/1254334927_celebration-dance.gif
Yes, step one is out of the way, now they can focus on getting to the end! BTW you guys are the best, you add so much fun and keep cracking me up with those gif!:lol: Thank God they are back and GM has come alive again.:bounce:

Maddox
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
It's great that they're on opposite halves once again, but I secretly hope Rena won't make the final, I know Vee would probably lose to her

kiwifan
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
This is all you can ask for to start off a potentially excellent Grand Slam :bounce:

They have been on opposite halves on Wimbledon like ... eternity. That's because Wimbledon "seeders" know how to :devil: uh, set up :devil: a tournament...everywhere else they're just bureaucrats who go by "the book". :zzz:

Yes, step one is out of the way, now they can focus on getting to the end! BTW you guys are the best, you add so much fun and keep cracking me up with those gif!:lol: Thank God they are back and GM has come alive again.:bounce:
This!!! (note: GM has come alive again for better and for worse :tape: )

:bounce:

serenafann
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Yea,I will be happy if either one of them makes it to the final(eso. pecially Serena) but I understand it will be tough for both,just hoping they play themselves into winning form.

Olórin
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
i just think it is stupid to look ahead or put any expectations on either of them right now.

serena was struggling with her breathing and movement big time in eastbourne, and venus lost to her ultimate bitch dani.

:facepalm:

No-one was looking ahead - other than you. For those of us who are fans of both and want them to do as well as possible, it is a relief to know they can't meet early - and that the only time they can meet at all is in the final.

Your snide comments are out of place.

BlameSerena
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm9zl0WRP91ql141xo1_400.gif

Your screenname is love. Tis all.

Ntosake
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:41 PM
What a relief it is, for the sisters and their fans.

Now we can focus on going deep instead of having a possible early meeting between them, which I always dread, I get too conflicted:o, I like them both so much.

Opposite sides works for me, let the games begin!:bounce:

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM

No-one was looking ahead - other than you. For those of us who are fans of both and want them to do as well as possible, it is a relief to know they can't meet early - and that the only time they can meet at all is in the final.

He has nothing to do that Kim withdrew and Chakvetadze drew Martha in R1.

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM

It's also great because I get to watch one sister every day :bounce:

sammy01
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM

wtf is the thread for then if not to looking ahead?

would you like it if every poster with more than 1 fave opened up a thread about them 'not being in the same half'?

shoryuken
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
It's also great because I get to watch one sister every day :bounce:

:yeah:

Mikey.
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Bondarenko sisters is opposite halves. :worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:00 PM
He has nothing to do that Kim withdrew and Chakvetadze drew Martha in R1.

:lol: same thing i thought

LightWarrior
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM
As I said in the other thread there both have tough quarters (Serena will have to beat Bartoli/Na and Venus will have to escape JJ/Vera/Kvitova)

Venus' draw is way tougher than Serena's.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Venus' draw is way tougher than Serena's.

If I was to pick a draw to be in, I would chose Venus's. For me, its easier than Serena's.

LightWarrior
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:11 PM
If I was to pick a draw to be in, I would chose Venus's. For me, its easier than Serena's.

Please elaborate. :rolleyes:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Please elaborate. :rolleyes:

Potentially facing in-form Bartoli/Na li/Sharapova on grass is tougher than (slumping)JJ/Vera/Kvitova/Hantuchova

But thats just my opinion. Both are extremely tough draws and I am not expecting much at this moment.

friendsita
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:18 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxzk6SrhO1qcxh43o1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxzxgsjBI1qcxh43o1_400.gif
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu8r6zdeh1qcxh43o1_250.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu1befbEJ1qcxh43o1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmx3mouS2c1qcxh43o1_400.gif

18majors
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Big deal.

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxzxgsjBI1qcxh43o1_400.gif

You sure love that girl dontcha :p

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Potentially facing in-form Bartoli/Na li/Sharapova on grass is tougher than (slumping)JJ/Vera/Kvitova/Hantuchova

But thats just my opinion. Both are extremely tough draws and I am not expecting much at this moment.

Serena's quarter of Bartoli and Na is not harder than KDK+JJ+Vera+Kvitova/Sveta. That's last year's finalist and semifinalist.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
So wat? As if they're a factor here or anything:confused: In 2005 it could matter, in 2011 it isn't. Past is past, moving on.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM

this.

not sure both of them are making the final, though :shrug:
yeah :shrug:

Although, part of me wishes that Serena plays Venus so that she can win her 5th Wimbledon by beating Venus :devil:

So we get to see and HEAR Lakeisha everyday???!!! :hysteric: :hearts:

:yeah:

So wat? As if they're a factor here or anything:confused: In 2005 it could matter, in 2011 it isn't. Past is past, moving on.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/73/2ezsns4jpg.gif

Ntosake
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Whoa,Welcome Aboard, newbie!:wavey:You must be new to the board, and to tennis:lol:

Venus and Serena may not win Wimbledom this year, but they are always a factor in a draw, especailly the deeper they go. They can play their way into a tournament really well, so we will have to wait and see if they can hang around til they "matter":lol:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Whoa,Welcome Aboard, newbie!:wavey:You must be new to the board, and to tennis:lol:

Venus and Serena may not win Wimbledom this year, but they are always a factor in a draw, especailly the deeper they go. They can play their way into a tournament really well, so we will have to wait and see if they can hang around til they "matter":lol:

Haven't convienced me at all.:confused: Ifs doesn't count, FYI. Today is 2011, FYI. I know it's always hard to accept the reality when it's the one you would like to accept:hug:

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
11 Williams final on tournament from GS! :bounce:
Jelena will beat Venus. Then she'll lose to Zvonareva.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Oh look, tea is back.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Serena's quarter of Bartoli and Na is not harder than KDK+JJ+Vera+Kvitova/Sveta. That's last year's finalist and semifinalist.

Talking about Serena/venus's entire draw, not just their Quarters.. And svetlana on Grass :spit:

Apart from the 3rd Round, every other round is more difficult in Serena's half.

MB.
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Nice try--Venus won't make it past Jelena in R3 :wavey:

STEP H4T3RZ

pov
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Cool. I didn't know Urszula Radwanska had even made the main draw.

Matt01
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
The WS are back and so are their arrogant fans.

Hope they go away again.

LightWarrior
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Talking about Serena/venus's entire draw, not just their Quarters.. And svetlana on Grass :spit:

You've got to be kidding. So you mean that Rezai is a difficult 1st round as well ??? Unless you don't want to jinx her. I mean even Bartoli and Li Na are ok for Serena on grass.
Oh and were're talking about quarters here.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
You've got to be kidding. So you mean that Rezai is a difficult 1st round as well ??? Unless you don't want to jinx her. I mean even Bartoli and Li Na are ok for Serena on grass.
Oh and were're talking about quarters here.

Rezai is a tougher opponent than Akgul :shrug: Marion and Na aren't 'ok' opponents. They are TOUGH. And certainly the potential Semifinal opponents are much tougher in the first half too :shrug:

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM

The subject was originally quarters from the post you quoted.

And you make fun of Svetlana but your biggest challengers are Na Li and Bartoli? :tape: Sure...

Certinfy
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Just when I thought a Nadal vs Federer final on the men's side was bad enough :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Hope they go away again.

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=317668&t=o

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM

And you make fun of Svetlana but your biggest challengers are Na Li and Bartoli? :tape: Sure...

Na and Bartoli are great on grass, and are in fantastic form... Kuznetsova was a mediocre grasscourt player even at her peak and has been slumping forever. :shrug:

Anyway... Venus will make the final, Serena won't.

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Na and Bartoli are great on grass, and are in fantastic form

Great? No... no.. no

manu32
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Rezai is a joke,period.no weapon and no brain..and no results...
and yes that's 2011 and not 2004 so Sharapova is very different too,saw her at FO,easy draw but bad playing..

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Na and Bartoli on grass > Svetlana on grass

add tot hat the fact that Na and Bartoli are in great form s whereas Svetlana is still slumping

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Great? No... no.. no

Bartoli is a former Wimbledon runner-up, just made the semis at a Slam on her worst surface and is currently in the Eastbourne semis with a great chance of taking the title. Na's results at Slams this year are RUP and W (has Kuznetsova ever made two Slam finals in one season?), and she has previously made the QFs at Wimbledon as many times as Kuz despite having tougher draws due to her lower seeding.

Honestly, I've looked at the draw numerous times today, but I haven't even paid any attention to where Kuznetsova's been placed, because she just isn't a factor. :shrug:

Chip.
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Hope they go away again.

You're one to talk :rolleyes:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:49 PM
nostalgia... sweet remembrance... there were times when location of the WS determinded for certain participants of the final, or atleast one of them... sweet memories... long time gone unfortunately:tears:... they aint getting younger, while the sport of tennis constantly gets:bounce:

sweetpeas
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM

So true Sammy01! I'm just happy to see them,too.Anything else is icing on the cake.:wavey::bounce::cool::D

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Na and Bartoli on grass > Svetlana on grass

add tot hat the fact that Na and Bartoli are in great form s whereas Svetlana is still slumping

Na won RG. So are we going to say Fran is a great threat too b/c she made the final? Aside from RG, when was Na's last top 20 win? And RG is clay... Wimbledon is grass

Anyway, I had Kvitova/Sveta.. fact is Venus's quarter has last year's finalist and a semi-finalist :shrug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Na won RG. So are we going to say Fran is a great threat too b/c she made the final? Aside from RG, when was Na's last top 20 win? And RG is clay... Wimbledon is grass

Anyway, I had Kvitova/Sveta.. fact is Venus's quarter has last year's finalist and a semi-finalist :shrug:

What does Na's RG title have to do with her being good on grass?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:57 PM

This.

Bartoli/Pennetta
then Li/Lisicki/Zheng/Radwanska/Ivanovic
then Sharapova/Stosur/Wozniacki/Goerges/Gajdasova

that's MUCH harder than

Pironkova/Zvonareva
then Kvitova/Kuznetsova/Marino/Wickmayer
then Dokic/Schiavone/Petkovic/Petrova/Azarenka/Peer

AcesHigh
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:02 PM
What does Na's RG title have to do with her being good on grass?

I don't think Na is that good on grass. Two quarterfinal appearances.. and a win in Birmingham against a slumping Maria. I don't know why people think she's suddenly great on grass.

And what has Bartoli done since 2007 final? Who has she lost to at Wimbledon?

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Why not to discuss this here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=437923)? What's so special about these veterans that they require a separate thread?:confused: I know they have won that title quite a couple of times in recent years, but objectively they aren't even close to the faves of winning it this year, so....

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Why not to discuss this here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=437923)? What's so special about these veterans that they require a separate thread?:confused: I know they have won that title quite a couple of times in recent years, but objectively they aren't even close to the faves of winning it this year, so....

Because they have met in more Wimbledon finals than any active pair (including the ATP), and it would be historic if they were to meet for a 5th Wimbledon Final*.

:o

*it would tie Navratilova/Evert for most Wimbledon Finals contested by a single pair

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:14 PM

:hearts: Tea-Tea back to grace us with his presence? :hug:

The Witch-king
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5cgze0zO1qj0zk3o1_400.gif

2Black
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Actually, their draws are pretty even... These girls always step it up against the Williams' sisters so expect Rezai to play well against Serena. Bartoli is normally a good matchup for Serena but Serena isn't in-form yet. Na is tough as well as a matchup against Sharapova, etc.

Venus, of course, has her nemesis Jankovic who will be confident. Vera just beat Serena. Kvitova has the game to beat her, etc.

They both have possible pitfalls. I'm just glad they are back & now hope for another historic run at the title.

LightWarrior
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM
This.

Bartoli/Pennetta

that's MUCH harder than

Pironkova/Zvonareva

BUT :

Bartoli/Pennetta

is LESS harder than

Pironkova/Zvonareva

;)

Let's not look as far ahead as the semis.

sweetpeas
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I'm just glad they are back & now hope for another historic run at the title.

So true Black.Just happy they"re playing again.Maybe our U.S Open will be a winner for one of them!

Ntosake
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Haven't convienced me at all.:confused: Ifs doesn't count, FYI. Today is 2011, FYI. I know it's always hard to accept the reality when it's the one you would like to accept:hug:

Not trying to convince you of anything at all. Where did you get that idea from?:confused: I'm well informed of the Williams history at Wimbledom, so thanks for the FYIs anyways:lol:

And the reality of the matter is Serena shouldn't even be here with everything she's gone thru healthwise, so however far she goes is going to be a victory for her, title or not.

Venus, yeah she's slower and all, but let's not forget that two old hags (Na & Franny)held down Roland Garros this year, so I like Venus chances.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Not trying to convince you of anything at all. Where did you get that idea from?:confused: I'm well informed of the Williams history at Wimbledom, so thanks for the FYIs anyways:lol:

And the reality of the matter is Serena shouldn't even be here with everything she's gone thru healthwise, so however far she goes is going to be a victory for her, title or not.

Venus, yeah she's slower and all, but let's not forget that two old hags (Na & Franny)held down Roland Garros this year, so I like Venus chances.

that's tea...banned poster...don't worry about him :lol:

Ntosake
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm just glad they are back & now hope for another historic run at the title.

So true Black.Just happy they"re playing again.Maybe our U.S Open will be a winner for one of them!

That about sums it up for me, too. No lofty expectations, just going to sit back and hope they both do well.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Totes agreed with the highlighed.

However, as of today neither Serena nor Venus Williams assumptions on success deserve any kind of special treatment. Should Serena make the semis you are all free to talk about how great her comeback is, but as of now nothing special is going on whatsoever.

:confused: Are ya'll mad or what? tea, tea, tea... wtf?:(

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
:lol: AcesHigh hating on Li again. Now Li isn't good on grass.

Ntosake
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Thanks, it all makes sense now:lol:

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
This.

Bartoli/Pennetta

that's MUCH harder than

Pironkova/Zvonareva

R4: Bartoli is a good match up for Venus and Serena and is much easier then Pironkova IMO. Serena and Venus struggle with Pironkova on grass.

Serena just lost to Zvonareva..and she gets a lot of balls back so Venus would have to be on her A game. Pennetta on the other hand isn't good on grass and is slumping.

QF: Kvitova is better then Li on grass IMO, but that could be argued. Li might crash out early because people who win the French don't normally do well at Wimbledon but we'll see. Neither one is easier then the other though.

Lisicki is tougher then Kuzy I agree.

Zheng :tape: she hasn't done anything in while..definitely easier then Marino

Ivanovic is about equal with Wickmayer at the moment.

Rawdanska won't beat neither in a slam. She's not a factor.

SF: Serena's draw for this round is tougher. Sharapova, Wozniacki or Stosur should make it. Dokic is too inconsistent, Schiavone isn't a threat other then on clay, Petkovic hasn't really shown she can play on grass, Petrova is in a slump, Azarenka is always injured, Peer has no weapons.

Both have pretty even draws..I think Serena's may be tougher from SF onwards

Melly Flew Us
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
vee and ree.

ree and vee.

yay. go. yay.

friendsita
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
You sure love that girl dontcha :p

Hayley, Venus or Serena??? I love all Williams' :hearts:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hayley, Venus or Serena??? I love all Williams' :hearts:

What about ChrisWilliams?

(And yes, Hayley is love. I get a little bit of life every time you post that gif.)

Mistress of Evil
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM

nah, tea had this kinda cute English :awww: plus his way of posting was adorably dumb :hug:
this is not tea :tears: maybe some other banned troll

friendsita
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
What about ChrisWilliams?

(And yes, Hayley is love. I get a little bit of life every time you post that gif.)

I don't know Chris Williams... :confused:

But ITA Hayley is... :hearts:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu9axWPYz1qcxh43o1_250.gif

serenafan08
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM

Co-sign. Anything they do is just a bonus to me. I'm just glad to see them back on court!!! :hearts: :bounce: :yeah:

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Co-sign. Anything they do is just a bonus to me. I'm just glad to see them back on court!!! :hearts: :bounce: :yeah:
Co-sign too. Could be easily discussed in the Serena forum. Let's get us moving there:yeah:

CillyUltra
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think Na is that good on grass. Two quarterfinal appearances.. and a win in Birmingham against a slumping Maria. I don't know why people think she's suddenly great on grass.

This. Na is generally overhyped and a decent grass court player in the making like Lisicki is a natural threat to her. Still, she should win against Lisicki, anything else would be an embarrassment.

LightWarrior
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Co-sign too. Could be easily discussed in the Serena forum. Let's get us moving there:yeah:

You really should keep out of the WS threads. You're new and already a killjoy.

jrollaneres25
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Are you not supporting the Sisters comeback?

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Jon Wertheim will be absolutely delighted the possibility of a Kateryna vs Alona final is still on.

Moveyourfeet
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM

I agree.

Sabinator.
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
At this moment, and probably from the beginning, this threat is absolutely pointless :o

told ya
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Words of wisdom were spoken:yeah: Great call, man, great call.

GoofyDuck
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Words of wisdom were spoken:yeah: Great call, man, great call.

I thought banned posters weren't allowed to create new accounts :confused:

told ya
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I thought banned posters weren't allowed to create new accounts :confused:

Are you talking to me or just in the air?:confused:

GoofyDuck
Jun 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Are you talking to me or just in the air?:confused:

uhm,.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Step.