PDA

View Full Version : WWW Wimbledon 1r: Jelena Jankovic or MariaJose Martinez Sanchez?

Sabinator.
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Another interesting 1st round clash ;)

empressionist
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Jelena is still JanKovic :) not married to Mladjan yet :)

Andy.
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
This is a really hard one to pick. This has to be the toughest of the first round matches. If JJ plays somewhere near her best she should win. If she isnt playing great this could get very tricky. I'm going to go with JJ in three very tough sets.

propi
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
This would be an amazing match had they been at their best level, but it seems exactly the opposite:help:

Heart says Pepa, brain says Jelena, but loving both of them I will be happy whatever the result is :cheer::sad:

GoofyDuck
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:24 AM
JJ will beat her in 2 easy sets

you people are nuts

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
JJ. JJ will make quarters at least.

GoofyDuck
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
JJ. JJ will make quarters at least.

3rd round Venus :sobbing:

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
3rd round Venus :sobbing:

So? JJ will make the quarters at least.

C.MARTINEZ
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
:tape::tape::tape::tape:

goo pepa!!!!

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Jankovic will win.

Jan
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Well I hope JJ will win as she is my fave but you can't always tell with her what sort of day its going to be for her! I pick her to win in 3 uneasy sets! She has Venus too but I reckon she can cope with Venus, although it is Venus's favourite place. Would love JJ to make the quarters at Wimby at last. Go Go JJ YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
She hasn't play a match on grass, so JJ is in big trouble.
Depends whether she starts slow or what, or else JJ will be a mess as Ivanovic is.

Jajaloo
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
You can't win the championship without winning R1 first... JJ in 2.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:09 AM
JaJa, please do not embarrass yourself :sobbing:

Linguae^
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Lady JaJa. :p :help:

RenaSlam.
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
LOse, Jelena.

Antoshka
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Grasslena will win :p :cheer:

eDonkey
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM
So? JJ will make the quarters at least.

Yeah, JJ has reached many quarters at Wimbledon lately.:wavey:

Brena
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Please do your worst, DropShotGOAT. I want Jelena to reach R3 and finally play a glamorous match. :cheer:

Pops Maellard
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM
JJ. :hug:

MB.
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:00 PM

you people are nuts

This.

Seriously, do you people watch tennis? It won't even be close.

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Another interesting 1st round clash ;)
Interesting? I find this match-up boring as hell.

GoofyDuck
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Interesting? I find this match-up boring as hell.

Oh yeh, no brainless ballbasher :crazy:

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Oh yeh, no brainless ballbasher :crazy:
They're both terribly out of form, and Jankovic isn't exactly known to be the best grasscourter out there.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Two players with different styles, but a whole lot of the shame drama.

Jankovic can surprise and come out well and win 3 and 3. She's playing her best ever under Pavel, though better mental counter punchers like Wozniacki and Zvonareva have emerged and game is getting more and more athletic than 3 years ago.

mARTINEZ sanchez, after deservingly losing all her points from Rome last year, is slowly playing better with less pressure, and can get under Jankovic skin.......Barely, by the skin of her teeth, Jelena survives this one.

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:01 PM

you people are nutsI agree, she's clearly not playing the best tennis of her life but she's not playing THAT bad.

The girl doesnt get a lot of respect here :hug:

But then again what player does? :scared:

Brena
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Jankovic can surprise and come out well and win 3 and 3. She's playing her best ever under Pavel, though better mental counter punchers like Wozniacki and Zvonareva have emerged and game is getting more and more athletic than 3 years ago.

mARTINEZ sanchez, after deservingly losing all her points from Rome last year, is slowly playing better with less pressure, and can get under Jankovic skin.......Barely, by the skin of her teeth, Jelena survives this one.

:facepalm:
I really hope you're just making fun of her. :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:04 PM
This.

Seriously, do you people watch tennis? It won't even be close.Nobody here watches tennis, we're all here to troll and to bash people. :angel:

18majors
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Sanchez.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:40 PM
:facepalm:
I really hope you're just making fun of her. :lol:

Actually, despite me making fun of Jelena, I'm seriously here.

It's just that, everyone has gotten better around here. Schiavone is more consistent nowadays, Zvonareva has gotten mentally tougher, and Wozniacki just outright improved.

Jankovic didn't cherish her time at the top like she should have, and she's just not going to get back there again, no matter how well she plays.

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Actually, despite me making fun of Jelena, I'm seriously here.

It's just that, everyone has gotten better around here. Schiavone is more consistent nowadays, Zvonareva has gotten mentally tougher, and Wozniacki just outright improved.

Jankovic didn't cherish her time at the top like she should have, and she's just not going to get back there again, no matter how well she plays.

:spit:

Jankovic is playing better than she was late last year (not that that's saying much), but she's nowhere near as good as she was when she was world #1, or her brief resurgence during the clay season last year. She used to be by far the best defender on the WTA, and now she's maybe not even top 5. She used to be one of the stingiest players in terms of donating unforced errors, now she gives loads and she hasn't even upped her winners that much. She used to be one of the mentally toughest, and now she chokes any time she's even close to getting a good win (most notably against Schiavone at RG, where she was about to win despite playing shit, but then let it slip with her pathetic divaish attitude).

With that said, Jankovic will surely win this one, but she doesn't have a cat's chance in hell against Venus in R3.

GoofyDuck
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
JJ does lead Venus in their H2H :oh:

JAS_
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I wanna say JJ, but I am not sure :unsure:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I wanna say JJ, but I am not sure :unsure:

I wanna say MJMS, but I am pretty sure...it will be JJ. :sad:

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
:spit:

Jankovic is playing better than she was late last year (not that that's saying much), but she's nowhere near as good as she was when she was world #1, or her brief resurgence during the clay season last year. She used to be by far the best defender on the WTA, and now she's maybe not even top 5. She used to be one of the stingiest players in terms of donating unforced errors, now she gives loads and she hasn't even upped her winners that much. She used to be one of the mentally toughest, and now she chokes any time she's even close to getting a good win (most notably against Schiavone at RG, where she was about to win despite playing shit, but then let it slip with her pathetic divaish attitude).

With that said, Jankovic will surely win this one, but she doesn't have a cat's chance in hell against Venus in R3.

And that's the thing.......Players got better, while she just felt the pressure, and knew that players were then forcing her to make her own pace instead of always using others' pace real well.

And now she is trying to be more aggressive than she was before because she has to now. Being a backboard and then waiting for a down the line backhand or a opening on a passing shot just won't work that much in 2011.

MB.
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Nobody here watches tennis, we're all here to troll and to bash people. :angel:

I thought I was the only one. +1

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Should be an entertaining match, with different styles.

Potato
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
JJ hasn't lost R1 since what? 2004? Pepa's game isn't very good for grass, hopefully JJ can pull it out.

Potato
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM

:facepalm: I don't even

sluggahjells
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:27 PM
:facepalm: I don't even

Yes, because you have no reasons.

Also, let me let you get in on a little secret...........Shhhhhhsh, it's not 2008, but 2011, a few players are better than what she was in 2008.

Keep that a secret, okay! :yeah:

Linguae^
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Do it, Jelena! :rocker2: :rocker :rocker2:

vozas
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Empress in 2

Potato
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Yes, because you have no reasons.

Also, let me let you get in on a little secret...........Shhhhhhsh, it's not 2008, but 2011, a few players are better than what she was in 2008.

Keep that a secret, okay! :yeah:

:facepalm: Again, I don't even. Her mentality has totally transgressed, not only does she struggle now against Caro and Bepa, but against ANYONE that is playing relatively decent tennis. Your argument toally fails. :tape: She can't close out matches like she used to, she can't keep the unforced errors down, once she feels the pressure she falls apart. JJ is NOT even near her 2008 form no matter how badly you want to bolster everyone else.

2008 JJ would beat Wozniacki and Zvonareva now.

Unless everyone as you say has improved leaps and bounds that they can reduce JJ to a mental midget and a brainless ballbasher :yeah:

danieln1
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hopefully Jelena will take out the trash tomorrow!

CloudAtlas
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
No matter how sucky Jankovic gets , there's no way she's losing this one. Two straightforward sets , seriously.

Stonerpova
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Jankovic 9-7 in the third

Ghostship
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:55 AM
JJ knows that beating a WS in a slam would do wonders for her career/reputation. She'll do her best to try to meet Venus in R3.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM

you people are nuts

This.

Seriously, do you people watch tennis? It won't even be close.

I agree, she's clearly not playing the best tennis of her life but she's not playing THAT bad.

The girl doesnt get a lot of respect here :hug:

But then again what player does? :scared:

Hopefully Jelena will take out the trash tomorrow!

No matter how sucky Jankovic gets , there's no way she's losing this one. Two straightforward sets , seriously.

:hug:

C.MARTINEZ
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
Martinez Sanchez rules!!! :lol:

:worship: