PDA

View Full Version : Doubles with Oudin vs Mirza/Vesnina.

Noctis
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
:sobbing: :bigcry::sobbing:

Setsuna.
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM
No words really.:sobbing:

Coconut91
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
This is depressing.

Dominika23
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
she just have to find a way to get her ranking up but other than that no word

Jane Lane
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I just hope she gives a good match and ends it on two feet. :hug: This is so depressing.

Break My Rapture
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM
This is not nice. :sad: Two of my faves playing in R1 again.

I agree with dentine, all I hope is that Chaky can finish the match. :awww:

penkku
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
TV court for sure ;) we get to see her at least :)
GL Anna :hearts: :hug:

smokovec
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM
and in Doubles (with Oudin) against 4th seeds Mirza/Vesnina...

Jane Lane
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
She's playing with Oudin? :lol: Didn't know that.

King Halep
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
and in Doubles (with Oudin)

:hysteric: :haha: thought entering French Open doubles with her was funny enough.

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
The way Anna played last week, she's probably not ready to go far anyway.
But if she can get some matches on hardcourt and get a good draw in NY, maybe she can have a good major this year.

Very bad draw, but she didnt seem ready last week, so I think its not a big deal.
Her health is the big deal

smokovec
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Very bad draw, but she didnt seem ready last week, so I think its not a big deal.

I agree 100%, the only important thing right now is that Anna can play without health problems.

Setsuna.
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hopefully we won't see a beatdown.

King Halep
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM
The way Anna played last week, she's probably not ready to go far anyway.
But if she can get some matches on hardcourt and get a good draw in NY, maybe she can have a good major this year.

she had a good draw in Rosmalen

Wintermute
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Well Noctis, nice thread title, you've made me laugh out loud today. :lol:

Let's be honest. The draw here is almost irrelevant. Anna has had only one match coming in. She's never done well here. If she can even trouble Masha I will be pleasantly surprised. As others said, the main thing is that she gets through the match and maybe shows signs of improvement from last week.

Rafa_thebest
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
WTF! VERY BAD DRAW! she has nothing to lose, i hope she'll play a great match. I don't want a match like the one with Serena last year

Jason A.
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Guys and gals, let us be honest with ourselves. She is returning from a 2-month layoff due to her illness; when she was away receiving medical treatment, she wouldn't have been practicing. In other words, it is going to take her some time before she can regain her rhythm on the court. We have just got to be patient. She has bounced back from all sorts of challenges before -- both on and off the court. We know that she can do it again.

She has just got to take things one step at a time. The first test is to prove that she really is healthy again. We probably won't know that for sure until she can fight her way through a couple of tough, long matches without showing any symptoms. Once she can practice and play matches again without any interruptions, she will do just fine. Go A-Chak! ;)

Wert.
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Guys and gals, let us be honest with ourselves. She is returning from a 2-month layoff due to her illness; when she was away receiving medical treatment, she wouldn't have been practicing. In other words, it is going to take her some time before she can regain her rhythm on the court. We have just got to be patient. She has bounced back from all sorts of challenges before -- both on and off the court. We know that she can do it again.

She has just got to take things one step at a time. The first test is to prove that she really is healthy again. We probably won't know that for sure until she can fight her way through a couple of tough, long matches without showing any symptoms. Once she can practice and play matches again without any interruptions, she will do just fine. Go A-Chak! ;)

Exactly! No pressure for her at this Wimbledon. Just try to play good tennis. You have nothing to lose [well maybe some points from 2010,but who cares]. Hardcourts are coming. Health is the most important.

Dominika23
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Exactly! No pressure for her at this Wimbledon. Just try to play good tennis. You have nothing to lose [well maybe some points from 2010,but who cares]. Hardcourts are coming. Health is the most important.

true i just hope she just gain enough ranking points to be seeded for U.S. Open Anna haven't been seeded in awhile time to change that

Noctis
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
But I AM GLAD TO SAY I will see her on tuesday :woohoo:

Setsuna.
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
^ Have a great time.:yeah:

Wintermute
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm heading to London today. I don't have a ticket for the really big courts so I'm unlikely to see Anna's match, but hopefully I might glimpse her on the practice courts.

VitorTA
Jun 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
OOP for tuesday is out:

TBA court, Not Before: 17:00
Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Anna Chakvetadze(RUS) vs. Maria Sharapova(RUS)[5]

Figured they would schedule the Sharapova match on a big court, but apparently not :confused:.
Who knows, they might even not play at all tomorrow.

Edit: Who knows, Wintermute, you might just get lucky :D

Setsuna.
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
^ WTH???!!
Does this mean that we can't watch the match now?

Noctis
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
not before 17:00,might not see her,hoping for center court

Wintermute
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Figured they would schedule the Sharapova match on a big court, but apparently not :confused:.
Who knows, they might even not play at all tomorrow.

Edit: Who knows, Wintermute, you might just get lucky :D
They will almost certainly put them on whichever of Centre and Court 1 finish their schedule first. Pretty unlikely I will see it. But I have seen Anna at Wimbledon before so it won't be the end of the world.

VitorTA
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
According to the BBC:

17:22 : The first bit of scheduling news arrives from the referee's office - Maria Sharapova and Anna Chakvetadze will play on Court One after Soderling and Petzschner finish. No news yet on Laura Robson and Angelique Kerber - maybe Centre?

If true, that's a ridiculous decision. Novak's about to win his match on Centre Court, while Soderling is a set ahead and a break down on his - That could go on for a while. They're putting Robson / Kerber on Centre?
Don't know if Court One has floodlights. Does anybody know?

EDIT:
They've been moved to Centre. Forget about everything else :D

Rafa_thebest
Jun 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Anna and Maria will play in centre court! :D ESPN LA is gonna play it! i'm so happy! it's been a LONG TIME since i've watched Anna in ESPN! GO ANN!

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Anna is not ready to play a top 10 player now.
If she is healthy she can go play the summer hardcourt season, which was her best surface.
Maybe she can find her form before the next major.

King Halep
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Dont think she got through the match that well. Looks like short of breath again, didnt allow her to go for it in the second set. She finished the match but it does not prove anything. :hug:

Break My Rapture
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm just glad she made it through the whole match. :hug: Poor thing.

I don't feel as if she's completely rid of the syncopy condition, she almost kind of dozed off somewhere in the second set. Had me frightened.

Setsuna.
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM
She will never be 100% healthy it seems.:sad::sobbing:

Dominika23
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:27 PM
hoping she get healthy soon she have time to rest very happy she didnt faint and was able to finish the match even through she was not at her best. she might felt so side effect

Noctis
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:44 PM
saw a bit than had to leave,than came back home saw the score :sad:
physically i dont think shes fit enough to play :sad:

King Halep
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Now doubles with Melanie.

BELIEVE GURLS :bounce: :bounce:

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Anna & Oudin. Not much confidence in that team.
Anyway, she has to get back into a normal schedule.
She used to be very consistent and loved US hardcourt summer.

smokovec
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
So, Anna lost, not a big surprise of course and I don't think she plays that bad considering she is far away from the better form, Maria also makes a lot of direct points on Anna's 2nd serve, otherway in longer rallyes we have more equilibre.

Speaking of Anna's health only watching the match on tv/streaming is not easy; to me it seems that Anna was not so good expecially in the first games of the match and to me she looks better in the last games of 2nd set, maybe because she play less nervous and more relaxed; when you fainted 3 time the psychology is very important, it's very difficult don't think on the past facts and here Anna has to play on Center Court in front of a lot of people, not in a lost court in the middle of Scotland with 4 cats watching, so I think that expecially during the first set she feels really nervous, we see that she takes deep breathes for example.

I agree that Anna needs to gain more weight and muscles, but after a period of inactivity it's normal to be like this.

(I hope my English is good enough to let you understand my opinion...)

saniapower
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
and in Doubles (with Oudin) against 4th seeds Mirza/Vesnina...

Mirza is critically injured . She cant even climb up the stairs . 1st round tomorrow will be a bye.

smokovec
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Mirza is critically injured . She cant even climb up the stairs . 1st round tomorrow will be a bye.

Oh, I'm sorry for Sania, I hope is nothing too serious, she was not very lucky with injuries in the last years.

King Halep
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
So, Anna lost, not a big surprise of course and I don't think she plays that bad considering she is far away from the better form, Maria also makes a lot of direct points on Anna's 2nd serve, otherway in longer rallyes we have more equilibre.

Speaking of Anna's health only watching the match on tv/streaming is not easy; to me it seems that Anna was not so good expecially in the first games of the match and to me she looks better in the last games of 2nd set, maybe because she play less nervous and more relaxed; when you fainted 3 time the psychology is very important, it's very difficult don't think on the past facts and here Anna has to play on Center Court in front of a lot of people, not in a lost court in the middle of Scotland with 4 cats watching, so I think that expecially during the first set she feels really nervous, we see that she takes deep breathes for example.

I agree that Anna needs to gain more weight and muscles, but after a period of inactivity it's normal to be like this.

I really hope you are right about her deep breathing being just nerves. She looked pale during the second set and she looked like she was just floating her second serves in. She also looked like she had decided not to chase down any wide balls to avoid stressing her lungs. Hope I was imagining that and she just needs a few matches.

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Mirza is critically injured . She cant even climb up the stairs . 1st round tomorrow will be a bye.Is this true? She didnt tweet about it, nor Vesnina.

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:16 PM
I still avent read that Mirza cant play

Wintermute
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
Well I didn't get to see Anna at all. Not surprising. I expected they would eventually end up on Court 1 or Centre and I was on Court 3 most of the day.

So she got through the match. Baby steps before she gets back to a really competitive level I think.

Jason A.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM

smokovec, I agree with a lot of what you have said here.

She did play a pretty good match considering that she is only now starting to regain her rhythm. I was happy to see that the placement of her serves was quite good. She lacked a bit of consistency on her groundstrokes. However, that part of her game seems to be headed in the right direction too, because there were times that she was doing a really good job of changing the direction of the ball and keeping Maria off balance.

The one thing that had me quite concerned was that midway through the match her face looked a little bit pale to me. I was worried that she might be fighting off yet another dizzy spell; sometimes she looked a bit out of breath and seemed to be pacing herself. However, just as you said, she looked much stronger towards the end of the second set. I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but it actually looked to me as if the color had returned to her face towards the end of that set. :)

VitorTA
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
So Sania is going to play, so Anna/Melanie Vs Lena/Sania will be on after a 3-set mens doubles match ends. If Sania is anywhere near fit I don't give them any chance at all. :help:

King Halep
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
why is it all mens matches now