Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Impress her Serena!

cecilija
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
lol 60 61

$uricate
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I thought they didnt give byes at the slams?

claypova
63 62 :tears:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Watch Rezai play her best match in a while now (just like Pironkova did the other day).

Meteor Shower
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Rezai is not impressed with the draw.

theFutureisNow
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Rezai just can't catch a break.

Hopefully something good eventually happens for her.

Andy.
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Rezai has been pretty terrible this year Serena shouldnt have any problems and should win in 2 comfortable sets.

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
On grass, shouldn't be much of a problem...but Rezai is a name-player. Likes to step it up for the big names. Serena get your game together and don't mess around.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Rena will eat her alive :drool: Werk :rocker2:

John.
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Tricky opponent but still expecting Serena to win in 2

Sabinator.
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
bIysLAuJE5g&feature=related

Replay? :p

serenafann
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Stay focused and win this,Serena.

longtin23
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Rezai please beat Serena... :p

brickhousesupporter
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Just look Rezai has been struggling for months, but because she is playing Serena, she will probably play the best match of her life.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
best R1 possible for Serena :lol: but wanna guess it will be a struggle?:o

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
How much you wanna bet Rezai will play out of her mind tennis for just this one match? :rolleyes:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
How much you wanna bet Rezai will play out of her mind tennis for just this one match? :rolleyes:

This.

s_j
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Aravane has no chance. Bojana might be tricky in R2 but I still see Serena making the QFs at least.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM
This.

Thankfully Rezai is not a good volleyer or a great mover. I'd be MUCH more concerned if this was the 1st rd of AO/USO.

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM
serena will win but could be a struggle thats why im saying Serena in 3.

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM
bIysLAuJE5g&feature=related

Replay? :p

Another match Serena had no business winning...:lol:

Iceland
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Sadly Aravane's serve and movement are too weak now to make it competitive.

DownInAHole
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You know, it's extremely unlikely, but I am picking Rezai in three. Serena looked vulnerable against Pironkova and Vera managed to hang around long enough to get a win. If Aravane can keep each set reasonably close and somehow force a third set then Serena's lack of match play could be an issue.

I hope that Aravane can at least come out and play a good match. If she can somehow find a way to win this it could give her a pretty big boost.

tim2502
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Serena won 6-0 6-2

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Right. I'm already expecting Rezai walking onto Centre Court looking like she has never left Madrid 2010.

RenaSlam.
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
S Williams

Pops Maellard
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Watch Rezai play her best match in a while now (just like Pironkova did the other day).
This. :sobbing:

Serena in 3 though. :p

Imperfect Angel
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Serena with a bagel and a breadstick.

Reptilia
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Serena drawing slumping sisters back to back. :lol:
Rezai could come out blazing though, I guess. Ree in 2.

delicatecutter
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
On grass, shouldn't be much of a problem...but Rezai is a name-player. Likes to step it up for the big names. Serena get your game together and don't mess around.

True. She did bring it against Princess Olga in Birmingham.

KBlade
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Just look Rezai has been struggling for months, but because she is playing Serena, she will probably play the best match of her life.

This.

Unfortunately, she's still not suited to grass, and her serve is a liability. Serena SHOULD send her packing, but Rezai has the ability to make this difficult.

markdelaney
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Rezai wouldn't beat Webley-Smith at the moment.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM

truth

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:56 PM
U non-Serena fans aren't taking into account how players suddenly find their best form against Serena...lol. Serena knows full well that although Rezai hasn't been good all year she's about to play the match of her life. Still wouldn't bet against Serena, but Rezai will suddenly find her form- mark my words.

theFutureisNow
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I know you guys want to build Rezai up, but seriously.

Rezai has been truly awful this year. She is ranked 139th.

It would be an embarrassment if Rezai made it to a tiebreak.

18majors
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Poor Rezai.

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Is she?!? I knew she'd fallen a lot, but I thought she was still about #60 or something... :unsure:

Anyway, I actually do think it will be quite a competitive match. I do think Rezai is maybe a player who plays better when there's no pressure whatsoever, and I'm also still not convinced by Serena's form. I don't think Rezai has anywhere near enough confidence to come close to actually taking the match, or even a set, but I do envisage a 7-5, 6-4 scoreline or something along those lines. :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I know you guys want to build Rezai up, but seriously.

It would be an embarrassment if Rezai made it to a tiebreak.

ummm players can play a good match and lose...and it's no secret that players play out of their skin against top tier players...

and didn't maria do down a set and 1-4 to a junior player?? not everything goes to plan every time you step on court..

*Jool*
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
well ... TO ME, Rezaï tends to lose to everyyone except the ones she shouldn't (ie Medina at Fed Cup) , so I'd say there's a good chance she plays a good match...but still..it wouldn't be able and shouldn't change the outcome if Serena finds her rhythm :)

I say 76 75

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Defo Rezai has got a bigger chance for an upset here, than whoever called Gajdo... as they say in another thread.:shrug:

hankqq
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Players often lift their games against Serena :lol: I still think Serena will take it in straight sets but 1 of the sets might be tough :shrug:

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
You know, it's extremely unlikely, but I am picking Rezai in three. Serena looked vulnerable against Pironkova and Vera managed to hang around long enough to get a win. If Aravane can keep each set reasonably close and somehow force a third set then Serena's lack of match play could be an issue.

I hope that Aravane can at least come out and play a good match. If she can somehow find a way to win this it could give her a pretty big boost.

O................K, especially considering how Rezai was badly dispatched by Baltacha this week, and how Serena knows she can play a fine match.

Jane Lane
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
If this was pre-Daddy drama 2010 Rezai I'd say :eek:, but this is 2011.
Serena easily. Although I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Ehh, even in form Rezai didn't beat Serena in Australia, so, ehhhhhh, what makes you really think Rezai would be Serena in general or just like that?........She still wasn't a consistent top 20 player then.

Craig.
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Serena 63 63 or something.

Jane Lane
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Ehh, even in form Rezai didn't beat Serena in Australia, so, ehhhhhh, what makes you really think Rezai would be Serena in general or just like that?........She still wasn't a consistent top 20 player then.

I never said she'd win even if she was in her best form. But it'd be must more competitive and entertaining then your usual run of the mill, early round Williams snorefests at Wimbledon.

Antoshka
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Let's go Rena :cheer:

VishaalMaria
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:50 AM

Of course you would. I wonder why...

Graftard
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:52 AM
This will be painful. Players with no serve tend to get slaughtered at Wimby.

Jane Lane
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Of course you would. I wonder why...

Hey, at least I'm consistent. ;)

Gdsimmons
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Rezai could push Serena maybe to a TB or a 3rd set ( unlikely) but I think Serena will prevail for sure. She has never lost in te opening round of a major and I do not think she plans on doing it on Tuesday

KarlyM*
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Definitely Serena in 2. ;)

Aravanecaravan
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I think both players are just happy to be playing tennis, honestly. It's been a tragic year for both of them.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2011/20110617_203203_dechaume-abstraction-du-resultat.html&usg=ALkJrhjOLH5J8kmF3dJl7ogN4Q6TjFdcUg:

"Alexia Dechaume-Balleret, what do you think the first round of Aravane Rezai against Serena Williams?
Ce n'est évidemment pas un bon tirage, mais dans le contexte actuel, ce n'est pas forcément une mauvaise chose. This is obviously not a good draw, but in the present context, it is not necessarily a bad thing. Aravane devra tout donner, elle n'aura pas le droit au moindre calcul. Aravane will give everything she has no right to any calculation. Elle joue bien à l'entraînement. It plays well in training. Tennistiquement, il n'y a aucun problème. Tennis, there is no problem. Physiquement, elle n'a pas pu réaliser tout le travail nécessaire pour revenir à son meilleur niveau. Physically, she could not do all the work necessary to return to his best. Dans ces conditions, il faudra qu'elle domine. Under these conditions, it will need to dominate. Si elle ne domine pas Serena Williams - ce qui n'est pas chose facile -, ce sera très compliqué pour Aravane. If it does not dominate Serena Williams - which is not easy - it will be very complicated for Aravane. Elle devra alors courir et couvrir beaucoup de terrain, elle ne peut pas le faire aujourd'hui dans de bonnes conditions. It will then run and cover much ground, it can not do it today in good conditions. Elle doit donc faire totalement abstraction du résultat et livrer un match plein. It must therefore be totally ignored the results and deliver a full match. Serena revient aussi à la compétition, elle a réussi un bon tournoi d'Eastbourne, mais il faut qu'Aravane profite de ce premier tour. Serena is also up to the competition, she managed a good tournament to Eastbourne, but you qu'Aravane advantage of this first round. Elle ne doit pas penser, il faut qu'elle joue son jeu et se livre totalement physiquement. She must not think, it must play its game and totally physically engaged.

Arrive-t-elle à faire abstraction de ses problèmes personnels sur le court ? She comes to ignore his personal problems on the court?
Cela pollue énormément sa vie. This pollutes much of his life. A l'entraînement, ça va car il n'y a pas beaucoup d'émotions, de pression du résultat et d'adversité. In training, it will because there is not much emotion, the result of pressure and adversity. Cela se passe très bien, elle arrive à rester bien concentrée sur son sujet. This is going very well, she manages to stay well focused on its subject. Mais en compétition, c'est beaucoup plus difficile car elle est confrontée à des adversaires qui lui résistent et elle sait très bien qu'elle n'est pas prête physiquement. But competition is much more difficult as it faces opponents who resist it and she knows she is not ready physically. Sa vie extérieure pollue sa vie professionnelle et elle se retrouve parfois dans l'incapacité de tenir sur les plans émotionnel et mental. His life outside his professional life and pollutes it is sometimes found unable to stand on the emotional and mental.

«Sa vie extérieure pollue sa vie professionnelle et elle se retrouve parfois dans l'incapacité de tenir sur les plans émotionnel et mental.» "His life outside pollutes his professional life and is sometimes found unable to stand on the emotional and mental."
Où en êtes-vous de votre collaboration ? Where are you for your cooperation?
Jusqu'à Roland-Garros, j'avais la mission d'aider Aravane dans le cadre de mon rôle d'entraîneur de l'équipe de France. Up to Roland Garros, had the mission to help Aravane through my role as coach of France. A Roland-Garros, Aravane m'a demandé de devenir son entraîneur. At Roland Garros, Aravane asked me to become his coach. En accord avec elle et la Fédération, je prendrai ma décision à la fin de Wimbledon. In agreement with her and the Federation, I will take my decision at the end of Wimbledon. Je l'ai accompagnée à Eastbourne, les entraînements se passent bien. I accompanied her in Eastbourne, the trainings are going well. Elle fait preuve de beaucoup de motivation, mais c'est très difficile psychologiquement pour elle. She showed a lot of motivation, but it is psychologically very difficult for her. Elle doit régler des problèmes extra-sportifs qui ne sont pas faciles pour une jeune femme. It must address issues outside the sports that are not easy for a young woman. Inévitablement, cela l'empêche aujourd'hui d'être à 100% sur son tennis. Inevitably, this prevent him today to be 100% on her tennis. Cela donne des hauts mais aussi malheureusement beaucoup de bas pour espérer bien travailler jour après jour. This gives high but unfortunately a lot of hope down to work well every day.

Pourquoi ne pas faire un gros travail physique et arrêter provisoirement les tournois ?

Why not make a lot of work physically and temporarily stop the tournament?
I think this is the solution to which Aravane must move. It can not continue to play tournaments are not 100% physically and mentally. A force, it may doubt his qualities when there is no doubt about it. She needs to work, to be physically strong to be strong mentally and it must above all set as soon as his personal problems. But the choices are not easy for her because it feels good to be on the circuit with other players and not be alone. » "

toxina90
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM

:scared: I feel this too.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe Rezai can cause the upset here. Serena needs to watch out :angel:.

Gilas.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Serena to drop 1 game :bowdown: :worship:

jpfasho
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Serena needs to give her a good whooping so she can "impress" her this time LOL!

VishaalMaria
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hey, at least I'm consistent. ;)

Consistently obnoxious, of course. ;)

Jane Lane
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Consistently obnoxious, of course. ;)

Why thank you! I take my job very seriously. ;)

Ferg
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Perfect match for Serena at this stage. Just hit back solidly and watch Rezai spray the ball metres past the baseline and tramlines.

VishaalMaria
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Why thank you! I take my job very seriously. ;)

Judging by how quick you got back to me, I'll take your word for it.

serenaforever
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Serena. 64 64 or something like that.

Matt01
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Given Rezai's current form, she won't trouble even an "out-of form just coming back from long injury-Serena".

Serena in 2.

le bon vivant
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Impress her Serena!okay! that bitch :lol:
Kill her Serena. :lol:

kwilliams
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I also expect Rezai to play better than she has in a while but I still think Serena will win in two sets.

BartoLiNa
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM
It's a shame Rezai is still in such bad form, this could have been a great opportunity for her.