PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Think Tanked @ 2011 Eastbourne?

NA-GOAT
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:17 AM
OK we know the week before a slam always has more tanks than the USA in Afganistan :rolleyes:

but this week in Eastbourne it seems worse than usual because of the big WTA Richard Branson party on Thursday (which many players had special outfit design)

and because of the rain scheduled in the forecast :umbrella: that may not allow the SF to be played until Sunday :tape:

nobody want stuck @ Eastbourne when they should be @ Wimbledon preparing for the biggest tournament of the year :bolt:

Graftard
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Watch fanboys flood this thread claiming their favorite tanked.

friendsita
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Serena.

Wiggly
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Well, the Williams Sisters never had any intentions to go far.
Play 2-3 matches and that's all they need to go a a massive killing spree in London. :lol:

duhcity
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Well, the Williams Sisters never had any intentions to go far.
Play 2-3 matches and that's all they need to go a a massive killing spree in London. :lol:

I don't know. I think they would've tanked a final, but they definitely didn't tank the matches they lost. Otherwise, Serena wasted a lot of energy after failing to serve for the second set and fighting in the third.

And Venus...well. Venus really shouldn't lose to Daniela. That was a tank ;)

Dominika23
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Pavlychenkova & Azarenka Tanked for sure

Hoping Zvonareva, Ivanovic, & Radwanska get they rest and play much better @ wimby mostly Ivanovic. Radwanska & Zvonareva seem to be doing good even through they lost today and was excepted to lose but they at the same time can to better. Hope them three make a good run @ wimby

In The Zone
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:52 AM
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

They all tried but weren't completely distraught when they lost.

Henpova
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:53 AM
No one tanked...players get every other day off at the major, that gives them time to recover. Now a player may not as cared enough to fight 100% when they are down because it is just Eastborune not a major, but I don't think any one of them went out and said lets just lose today so I can fly to London.

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Watch people get up in arms over this thread. The only tanking I would bet on was Serena - The differential in the way she played from 0-0 to 2-5 | from 2-5 to 5-5 | from 5-5 to 5-7 said she wanted to see how clutch she could play if she needed to. She knows damn well continuing to play at Eastbourne after having two three set marathons would not be in her best interest.

OTOH, I'm not sure I could say Venus TANKED, per se. More like she was losing and didn't have the fight in her to try and come back. If we assume Ana tanked everytime she lost... Well, that would make her a woman with MANY other priorities. Didn't see Li's match.

BepaMaria
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Your fav and WS

silverwhite
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I don't think any of them tanked but at least some of them didn't give 100%

madmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I think only Li tanked really...Vika just threw a hissy fit because of a diva that she is and simply quit:devil:

starin
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Serena, Aza, Zvonareva, Li all semi-tanked or just didn't give 100% at some point in the match.
Basically all the title contenders except Kvitova tanked. All the filler players are trying to snatch this mickey mouse title.

SwingVolley93
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:33 AM
You make so many threads...

So Disrespectful
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
:lol: @ Zhang in qualifying.

shoparound
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Isn't Clijsters the big tanker nowadays? before the match/tournament/season even starts/scheduled? And in most of her losses, the speculation is that she didn't care enough to try?

gc-spurs
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Maria

Miracle Worker
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Watson :facepalm:

SVK
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Zheng, Li, Venus all tanked, otherwise Hantuchova wouldn´t be in SF....now Kvitova and winner of Bartoli / Stosur will tank and Hantuchova will take the title:hearts:

Kworb
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Serena and Na.

terjw
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
NONE OF THE ABOVE.

They all tried but weren't completely distraught when they lost.

:worship:

Level55
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Watch fanboys flood this thread claiming their favorite tanked.

:lol: i know it's hilarious. All the Serena fans saying she lost deliberately :rolleyes:

The Watson option is a joke right? She may have potential but she is nowhere near Vera!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Serena didnt tank, she was trying; just wasn't enough given her lack of match practice.

Level55
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Agreed.

Back to Watson again, a player of her calibre will have been trying her hardest so I have to assume that it really was a joke to include her.

Though this is tennis forum, I remember a thread in which 44 people or so said that Kournikova was a better player than Serena. Then there was the thread were most people said Golovin was better than Wozniacki :lol:

Raiden
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Azarenka ofcourse.

This isn't even debatable.

Radwanska, Venus, and Serena certainly did not tank cuz I've seen them live fighting their ass off in their tightly contested 3-set matches yesterday.

backhandsmash
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I voted:

Serena - that service game @ 5-5 in the third was rather suspicious.

Azarenka - no doubt what so ever that she tanked.

Maybe should've included Venus, but it was as if she couldn't make up her mind, whether to tank or not. Or maybe even something like: "I'm gonna tank this, but I'm not letting HER straight-set me."

Uranus
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Honestly? Maybe Vika.

The others lost fair and square. You can't expect the Williams sisters to defeat everyone after such a long break.

SVK
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I voted:

Serena - that service game @ 5-5 in the third was rather suspicious.

You are not coming back from 2-5 in third when you are tanking, she faced double matchpoint before that, it´s not that hard to throw one of them:lol:

Irute
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
There was no sign of tanking

harloo
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:24 PM
It's Eastbourne, who cares? Top players aren't going to put that much effort in this tournament a week before Wimbledon.:tape::lol:

Temperenka
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Vika just wanted to eat Snickers. Y'all need the leave the girl alone!! ;)

Smitten
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Li and Sarin. Venus did not tank. She didn't even go to the player party and she was clearly trying to win that match.

Betty
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Isn't Clijsters the big tanker nowadays? before the match/tournament/season even starts/scheduled? And in most of her losses, the speculation is that she didn't care enough to try?Shame on you! Kim tryed to play RG with a bed enkel (she better did not) Venus and Serena didn't care for RG. What about Azarenka she retierd 10 times sinds last year? You are just a Clijster bitch hater, thats all! Clijsters don't play in Wimbledon. It's a pity for her, she even took a second trainer for Wimbledon. She came back after 2 years and worked very hard to win 3 GS'S and the masters! Who did that in such a short time. And you dare to say she don't care. (i made a lot of faults but i think you can understad what i mean)

Betty
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
(bad enkel)

NedRise
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I just hope Li didn't tank (if she knew what the dress would look like beforehand).

Sean.
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
From watching the matches, no body tanked they were just beaten!

These are professional tennis players, tennis is there passion. As much as they like partying their competitiveness wouldn't allow them to tank and sacrifice points / match play just to go to a party.

sam.jones
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
don't think anyone really tanked...I mean Serena was on Court for 3 hours and came back from 25....only to lose