PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Azarenka - Queen of "Retired"????

Filadidas
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Just halfway in 2011, her "retired" records are as follows:

Indian Wells Q Wozniacki, Caroline 3-0 RET
Stuttgart R16 Goerges, Julia 4-6 RET
Rome Q Sharapova, Maria 4-6 3-0 RET
Eastbourne Q Bartoli, Marion 6-2 2-0 RET

What's her problem? :rolleyes:

Graftard
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Retirerenka is a poor athlete and her body breaks down often. If I were her coach, I'd have her hit the gym for some strength training, but then again the same could be said for 90% of WTA tour :o

DownInAHole
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Viktoria won Marbella. Dinara was the one that retired in that match.

Filadidas
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Viktoria won Marbella. Dinara was the one that retired in that match.

Oops.. corrected! :p

DownInAHole
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Oops.. corrected! :p

See, now it doesn't look so bad. Viktoria "only" retired four times instead of five.;)

PMBH
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:23 AM

Azarenka is a disgrace to women't tennis. She is the symbol of the spoilt, overpaid athletes who have no fighting spirit and no respect for the spectators. She definitely doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.

Sean.
Jun 17th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Azarenka is a disgrace to women't tennis. She is the symbol of the spoilt, overpaid athletes who have no fighting spirit and no respect for the spectators. She definitely doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.

I disagree, to be fair to Vika I've seen her out on court on the point of collapse still desperate to continue. It's not as if she wants to retire, she just seems to be quite injury prone.

Mightymirza
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Stevensen is still active...

miffedmax
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Vika is a delicate flower of womanhood. All you fucking bitches should just fuck off.

StoneRose
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:08 AM
@Sean, Agree, Vika certainly isn't a disgrace for women's tennis. It's disappointing that she's injured so often, maybe she should try to be more fit but she actually looks quite fit to me. Compared to 2 years ago she seems to be much more stable mentally. Vika's 4th in ranking right now, why PMBH calls her spoilt etc is actually quite beyond me, she's quite successful now and will be more so in the future if she can get over all these injuries.

PMBH
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I disagree, to be fair to Vika I've seen her out on court on the point of collapse still desperate to continue. It's not as if she wants to retire, she just seems to be quite injury prone.

Perhaps Vika is more injury prone than the average player. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. But in that case it's very suspicious how she always seems to recuperate quickly and get ready for the next tournament. I'll bet you everything I've got that she'll be fully fit again come her first match at Wimby next week. She has a good game but she really is the definition of a quitter.

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Girl has more retirements than grand slam SF's! :facepalm:

Daruma.
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Retirerenka is a poor athlete and her body breaks down often. If I were her coach, I'd have her hit the gym for some strength training, but then again the same could be said for 90% of WTA tour :o

Great idea, Mr. Einstein. :worship:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 17th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Her body is not fit for her game, that's why I think she gets injured so often. She's not physically strong enough to play that type of game IMO. She does seem genuinely injured when she retires though, so I'm pretty sure she's not doing this just because.

Halepsova
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Girl has more retirements than grand slam SF's! :facepalm:

Everyone does. :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:54 AM
She has to play 14-15 tourneys a year and not back-to-back :shrug:

vixter
Jun 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Vika is a delicate flower of womanhood. All you fucking bitches should just fuck off.

Wash that dirty mouth of yours, for the sake of the children. :o:o:o

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:03 AM

You suuuurreee about that? ;)

MaBaker
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
It's too much.
:haha:

nevetssllim
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
See, now it doesn't look so bad. Viktoria "only" retired four times instead of five.;)

It is five times if you include the w/o in the doubles in Sydney.

Beat
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM

your post sounds really harsh, but essentially i agree. add to that that's she a true example of self-confidence when everything is going her way, but as soon as she's in a losing position, she gets this cry-baby face and attitude.

TheHangover
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
this is too mutch, not really respectful for the crowd and the wta retiring so many times, she should play less tournaments if her body is so fragile

duhcity
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Tennis Channel in the US has this thing called a bag check.
If you don't want to spend the minute, skip to :30

_Y21K5Ot8Nc.

And all during the French Open was a commercial where she talked about eating Dulce de Leche Haggen Daz.

The girl needs to commit seriously to her health and her fitness if she wants to play the physical game she does.

bandabou
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:35 AM
A bit of Lebron James-itis. When the going gets tough, Azarenka usually shrinks. A shame, because the essential game is there.

VIKA?
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Get a life:yawn:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Oh well there's still hope. Djokovic used to be the king of retirements. :p That said I'm indifferent to her.

Sean.
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Oh well there's still hope. Djokovic used to be the king of retirements. :p That said I'm indifferent to her.

Maybe she's allergic to gluten. :p

Maria rocks
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah she isn't my favourite player. She is a very good player but there are too many things that annoy me. That stupid noise she makes for a start!! And yeah all these retirements something not right about that. Its like if she is losing she thinks stuff this i'll retire!!!

goldlion
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah she isn't my favourite player. She is a very good player but there are too many things that annoy me. That stupid noise she makes for a start!! And yeah all these retirements something not right about that. Its like if she is losing she thinks stuff this i'll retire!!!

I once considered Sharapova's grunt the worse but Azarenka beats that. Her grunt is way too long and sometimes she's still shrieking when her opponent is returning the shot. But worse comes to worse, de Brito's grunt is absolutely ridiculous that I've ever seen and heard.

But I agree with a previous post saying that her body can't handle her game style. Lots of times I've seen her pushing too much when unnecessary and this can cause injuries. But somehow I don't understand how she can bounce back to win the next week, or at least had decent runs. The most suspicious one is her match against Wozniacki in Indian Wells. She retired quoting hip injury and then proceeded to win Miami the Marbella the following three weeks? She quoted bone bruise when retiring in Rome and injuries like that should prevent playing from at least weeks but she looked fine in RG and reached QF???

goldlion
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Maybe she's allergic to gluten. :p

It's more like she's allergic to tennis.

Just Do It
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Stevensen is still active...

She screwed even Stevenson.

BartoLiNa
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Leave her alone, she broke a fingernail :shout:

markdelaney
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:19 PM
She tires herself out with all that ridiculous squeaking on every point

pov
Jun 17th, 2011, 04:44 PM

That's it? It seems like more. For some reason, it seems like she "retires all the time." She's played 40 matches and retired in 4? Not a big deal IMO.

open your eyes
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Did she violate any rules of the sport? No, she didn't. Then shut the fuck up please.

swim4life227
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:25 PM
How many times has she retired in her career already?

coool
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:58 PM
nope..Pironkova has as many SF-s as her retirements :oh:

cn ireland
Jun 18th, 2011, 06:20 PM
The last 2 seasons have seen alot of retirements from Vika (6 in 2010 & 4 so far this yr)but I genuinely just think she's injury prone as she really tries to continue e.g. Rome against Sharapova!

itzhak
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Her body knows who gonna win in each tournament: Wozniacki (IW), Goerges (Stuttgart), Sharapova (Rome) and Bartoli (Eastbourne). BTW since Doha ALL the players who beat Vika won the tournament...

TNT96
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:21 AM
The "QUEEN OF RETIREMENTS" is ALEXANDRA STEVENSON WHO HAS RETIRED A RECORD FIFTY FIVE (55) TIMES AND COUNTING IN HER PRO CAREER. I also found something else that has to be a WTA record. In 2007, in a ITF tournament in Lawrenceville, GA, USA, she retired in the last round of qualifying while losing 6-1, 2-0. Then somehow she makes it into the main draw and in the very next match Retires while losing 6-4, 4-1! Retiring twice in the same tournament has to be a record. I also don't think anyone has retired 55 times in their professional career. Can anyone top this?

!VamosRafa!
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Last year she retired 9 times :help:
I just think she is a coward and fakes her injuries when things don't go as planned!

IW: when she retired at 0-3 it was obvious she was going to get double bageled in 45 minutes.
Stuttgart: Julia was playing too good and Vika doesn't like to kose to players who arent in the top 10 she she faked again.
Rome: She was scare because Maria wa son fire and didn't want her nemesis and former idol to win,in stead she faked again so that everyone would feel sorry for her.
Eastbourne: It was obvious she was gonna lose...She wanted to avoid a bagel!

DownInAHole
Jun 19th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I just think she is a coward and fakes her injuries when things don't go as planned!

IW: when she retired at 0-3 it was obvious she was going to get double bageled in 45 minutes.
Stuttgart: Julia was playing too good and Vika doesn't like to kose to players who arent in the top 10 she she faked again.
Rome: She was scare because Maria wa son fire and didn't want her nemesis and former idol to win,in stead she faked again so that everyone would feel sorry for her.

Not sure if you are being serious or not but let's see:

My memory may be deceiving me but I think that against Caroline the score was 2-0 when she called the trainer. Down a single break and she was scared of a double bagel?

She won the first set against Julia and retired before any games were completed in the second set. So, she had won the first set but was afraid of Julia so she faked an injury?

Against Maria Viktoria was up a set. In the second Maria was playing much better and was 2-0 up when Viktoria called for the trainer but there was plenty of time for Viktoria to get the break back or possibly win in three.

The Bartoli match was the only one that she had lost the first set.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Viktoria but I see no evidence that she is faking these injuries.

miffedmax
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:08 AM
She doesn't fake injuries. She panics when she runs out of Snickers and licorice whips.

TNT96
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Azarenka looks like Sportswoman of the year compared to Stevenson's stats that I posted

So Disrespectful
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Did she violate any rules of the sport? No, she didn't. Then shut the fuck up please.

Are you kidding me? Then every girl should start grunting like De Brito, refuse to shake her opponent's hand, scream at the ball kids, hit underhand serves, take strategic injury timeouts and that wouldn't warrant discussion?

People are questioning her sportsmanship, not her ability to adhere to rules.

Temperenka
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Petty bitching. The essence of Tennis Forum. For all of you that spend more time complaining and thinking about Vika's retirements than she does: get a life.

-Sonic-
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
That's it? It seems like more. For some reason, it seems like she "retires all the time." She's played 40 matches and retired in 4? Not a big deal IMO.

Well, Indian Wells to Eastbourne isn't that long a time. How many tournaments did she not retire in during that time? :-s She's not played 40 from Indian Wells to Eastbourne.

!VamosRafa!
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
How many times has she retired in her career already?

Break My Rapture
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM

:haha:

This is some golden shit right here.

tejmeglekvár
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I'm just wondering how Patty had only 6 retirements overall during 15 years. :silly:
perhaps orange juice > snickers. :shrug:

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
something is very wrong here and i cant quite put my finger on this yet

even the commentators are suggesting an inquiry

dsanders06
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Petty bitching. The essence of Tennis Forum. For all of you that spend more time complaining and thinking about Vika's retirements than she does: get a life.

Um, this isn't just a matter for Victoria personally, it's about the integrity of the sport. No-one said when Davydenko was caught up in the betting scandal that it was a matter just for him. It's in the rulebook that you only retire if you're physically incapable of completing the match - you don't get to quit just because you're in a bit of pain, or if you think you're not going to win, or if you've got a more important tournament coming up next week. That's why everyone finds it so suspicious that, within days of her retirements, she's able to get back to playing matches at her best; as well as the fact that no-one else at the top of the game retires anywhere near as much as she does. And the criticism is only going to grow louder and louder everytime she does it.

LoveFifteen
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:51 PM

No, a lot of players have many more Grand Slam semifinals than mid-match retirements. We call those players "champions". :angel:

She doesn't fake injuries. She panics when she runs out of Snickers and licorice whips.

:lol:

stangtennis
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
She "only" retired 6 times in 2010. Check for yourself: http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Player/Activity/0,,12781~11289,00.html

hurricanejeanne
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:40 PM
For all the people complaining about Azarenka's retirements and want rules to be changed or investigations to be had, you should petition the Tour. The fact that there hasn't been an inquiry thus far (especially after her season last year) she's doing something within the rules, whether or not some people accept it.

Until then, it's up to the player to decide whether or not they believe they can continue playing when they get injured, and as far as I'm concerned that's a player's right.

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
ok

i am now sending email to ask WTA why no inquiry, or to what official rules are

DeliriousPotato
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Someone make a gif out of how she retired and two days later she wins the Hoola Hoop Championships against Petkovic and Djokovic... :devil:

Ferg
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Some players just dont have naturally athletic bodies and are more injury prone. Although a lot of it is mental I think, Djokovic and Bartoli used to be terrible for it but both have cleaned up their acts recently. Im sure Vika will do the same in a year or two. Sometimes they just have to realise themselves that you can fight and play through injury sometimes, every player has done it.

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
its not like she was losing in all the matches, what is the percentage winning/losing when retiring,anyone know?

ok

maybe this will help/maybe not?

i played Laura(she my friend) Topspin on XBOX 360 and in some matches even when she was winning she just turn around and say 'i have to go/leave/my dinner rear/whatever excuse'

it ruined the match we was having and eventually i asked her why she did this so often?? its not like she was losing all the time, she wasnt

what happened was this: WE tried to recreate the matches we played to be just like on the REAL WTA tournow some of these tournaments play music between change overs and she told me,the music selection i played had a song track which gave her nightmares,she had to dance to this track @ her sisters wedding and NOW everytime she hears it she gets uptight and worried she make a eejit out of herself

just MAYBE,just

they play the track that they played in Minskk when Caroline Wozniacki made her do that stupidly awful dance routine to and she panics and thinks she'll have to get up again and thats why she retires, maybe

cn ireland
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Stevenson's retirement record is a disgrace:lol:

Potato
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Because she's always eating those goddamn Snickers bars :facepalm:

lefty24
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I just saw unwrapped on food network and they were showing the process of making snickers.
I wonder if Vika was watching.

VishaalMaria
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:42 PM
At the end of the day its up to her if she wants to make her body stronger and ultimately enter the slam winners circle.

At this point I do feel she is a disgrace for all the retirements. It hasn't just happened once, twice, thrice, but four times now this year and that's too many times for a respectful, committed athlete.

miffedmax
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I just saw unwrapped on food network and they were showing the process of making snickers.
I wonder if Vika was watching.

You didn't hear her orgasm?

Dominika23
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I Huge Fan Of Vika But She got No Chance Of being Number 1 How Many time She Retire in Matches A Year.

Boxuan
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It easily causes suspicions because Retirenka always recovers so fast after each retirement, and the details of the injuries are always ambiguous.