PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne QF: Kvitova def. Radwanska 1-6, 6-2, 7-6(2)

saul1333
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Looked like smooth sailing..had 2 bps in Petra's opening service game in 2nd set. Also up a break in 3rd at 2*-1 and 4*-3. Started tiebreak with a mb.

My stomach in knots the whole 3rd set.

Antoshka
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Petra :cheer:

GOATdin0931
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
KvittyGOAT, never in doubt.

FORZA SARITA
Thank you Petra :hearts:

cosmoose
GOATra Kvitova :)

Skeptikal
Petra :hearts: :cheer:

Kworb
Radwanska :facepalm: always chokes when the stakes are high.

Coconut91
Great win :)

18majors
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Petra will be a force at Wimbledon.

Wert.
Agnieszka :hug: :sobbing:

so close...

Marionated
Wish this one had been televised :sad:

So mentally strong, Petra :worship:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
It was too good to be true :crying2:

Jane Lane
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Aga :hug:

Weird match. :lol:

Corswandt
NID.

I heard that this guy, who stumbled into the Kvitova thread yesterday for some reason (or no reason), is available to give betting tips:

I like Kvitova's progress but Aga on grass is Endstation for players like Kvitova, sorry

nevetssllim
Tie-break queen :cheer:

delicatecutter
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
PETRA-GOAT!!! :bowdown:

Aga put up more of a fight than I was anticipating. :hug:

Gilas.
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Expected :sad:

duhcity
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Two grass goats :bowdown:

Alejandrawrrr
:cheer:

Matej
Well, a very good win, considering the extremely difficult and windy conditions in Eastbourne.

Glad that Petra was able to adjust her game to the heavy conditions after the rather catastrophic first set. :)

Pity it wasn´t streamed, but watching Stosur vs. Zvonareva, it probably couldn´t be a very enjoyable match, given that the conditions are actually even worse on the court 1 than on the center court.

By the way, Radwanska didn´t win a single point on her serve in the breaker. :) :) :)

young_gunner913
Petra getting taken to 3 on grass by Radwanska... :spit:

Setsuna.
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Petra getting taken to 3 on grass by Radwanska... :spit:

My thoughts excatly. lol

madmax
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
NID
Petra probably struggled with conditions, which explains somewhat close scoreline, but at the end of the day she managed to avoid embarrasment of losing to Radwaska on grass. Now improve and blow Anotoxfa off the court please:cheer:

Corswandt
H2H 2-0 now.

sluggahjells

This is sadly becoming a memo I have to say.

Maybe her crazy father was right.

Corswandt
Glad that Petra was able to adjust her game to the heavy conditions after the rather catastrophic first set. :)

Maybe she was supposed to tank this but then couldn't do it out of shame.

18majors
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Petra will be really dangerous if she wins Eastbourne.

Coconut91
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Petra will be really dangerous if she wins Eastbourne.

I think she'll be dangerous anyway :lol:

John.
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM

MAGIKARPETTA
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Nice work, gurl! ;)

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Petra phew again. :cheer:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM
WOW Petra!!! I thought you'd lost it!!! :scared:

Win it!!! :rocker2:

melodynelson
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Three tough wins in a row. I would get the feeling Kvitova would rather focus on Wimbledon, plus Hantuchova knows she is no threat to win Wimbledon, so I would assume Hantuchova would want this more, it would definitely mean more to her career to make her first TII final since 2007.

But KvitovaAwesomeGOAT just happens to be that, and I think beat Hantuchova handily earlier this year. We'll see. I am looking forward to that SF...

LCS
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Nid

Viktymise
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:24 PM

As if. She'd never, ever, ever, EVER have any control in a match like this.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
NID
Petra probably struggled with conditions, which explains somewhat close scoreline, but at the end of the day she managed to avoid embarrasment of losing to Radwaska on grass. Now improve and blow Anotoxfa off the court please:cheer:

No embarrassment to lose to Aggie........Just ask a certain, oh LOL, not going to mention :lol:

Matej
Maybe she was supposed to tank this but then couldn't do it out of shame.

Hehehe. :) Losing to Radwanska (and not only on grass) would have really pissed me off. :) Radwanska and Wozniacki are two players that I do not like. ;) Although it has to be admited that radwanska is quite talented and she would have probably had a far more successful career in the age of wooden racquets. :) Too bad for her that she happened to be born in the wrong time period. :)

GOATdin0931
A-RAD WILL WIN Wimbledon ;)

Mark my words :p

delicatecutter
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM

She sure did play some crap points on some of those SPs against Sharapova at Roland Garros. :o

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Three tough wins in a row. I would get the feeling Kvitova would rather focus on Wimbledon, plus Hantuchova knows she is no threat to win Wimbledon, so I would assume Hantuchova would want this more, it would definitely mean more to her career to make her first TII final since 2007.

But KvitovaAwesomeGOAT just happens to be that, and I think beat Hantuchova handily earlier this year. We'll see. I am looking forward to that SF...

FEDCUP beatdown to happen again, unless the wind saves Hantuchova tomorrow.

gumoll
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM

well sometimes the better player loses a match :hug:

Kworb
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
:lol: Yes she does.

Inger67
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I can see Petra winning this title and then many people putting her up there for the Wimbledon title and then not pulling through, just like the French :sad: I want Venus, Caro, or Petra to win the title :)

JAS_
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Aga such a solid player but completely irrelevant.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
She sure did play some crap points on some of those SPs against Sharapova at Roland Garros. :o

40-0, 5-3 up, and she made three awful neutral rally errors.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Aga such a solid player but completely irrelevant.

Yeah, okay :rolleyes:

Matej
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM
FEDCUP beatdown to happen again, unless the wind saves Hantuchova tomorrow.

I don´t thinks so. My other fave Danka was in a very bad form at that time and she totally lacked the match practise. And Petra was really on fire.

Well, Petra is perhaps capable of blasting Danka off the court in the same manner as Lisicki did in Birimingham, but I do not consider it likely that this happens tomorrow. And I actually think it´s time for some rest before Wimbledon. :)

SwingVolley93
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The better player lost today :( Wish Aga had more fight. Oh well she'll win Wimbledon. :)

melodynelson
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Kvitova already has a slam semifinal and a TI title. Will Radwanska ever achieve that?

SwingVolley93
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Kvitova already has a slam semifinal and a TI title. Will Radwanska ever achieve that?

Uh, Duh, shes going to win Wimbledon one day :drool:. Watch.

Matej
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
The better player lost today :( Wish Aga had more fight. Oh well she'll win Wimbledon. :)

Oh my God, are you really so deluded? :) Aga hasn´t won even a single MM event in the last three or four years and now she´s going to win Wimbledon? This has to be the joke of the year. :) :) :)

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I wish someone would tell Aggie, since her father is more mentally unstable than she is, to smile on the court when the going gets tough.........Ugggggh.

SwingVolley93
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Oh my God, are you really so deluded? :) Aga hasn´t won even a single MM event in the last three or four years and now she´s going to win Wimbledon? This has to be the joke of the year. :) :) :)

She doesn't play MM...good one.:rolleyes:

bandabou
Hmmm...Kvitova not supoer Kvitova yet. But she's pulling off the wins, all that matters I guess.

Super Dave

Blu€
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Aga :rolleyes: always unable to snatch the big win :(
Petra :yeah: hopefully you burn out and crash out early in Wimby :D

Matej
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Aga :rolleyes: always unable to snatch the big win :(
Petra :yeah: hopefully you burn out and crash out early in Wimby :D

Still bitter over the 2:6, 0:6 beating, aren´t you? :)

Ferg
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM

C. Drone
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
even if her game is totally useless, i do think Aga is most dangerous on grass. She can surprise opponents, especially in bad conditions.
with experience, maybe next time Petra can win easier.

She doesn't play MM...good one.:rolleyes:

But she should play some. For the confidence. And just to feel she is actually relevant somewhere.

cellophane
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Losing 1-6 sets to Radwanska on grass? The next Davenport indeed, that KvittyGOAT :lol:

Blu€
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Still bitter over the 2:6, 0:6 beating, aren´t you? :)

Not really, Petra played great that match and she deserved to win. I just don't warm up to her. ;)

toxina90
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Radwanska has been floating around for years, threatening, but never consistently picking apart power players. Unless she changes something in her game, I can't see her ever matching up to them again :shrug:

Matej
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Losing 1-6 sets to Radwanska on grass? The next Davenport indeed, that KvittyGOAT :lol:

To refresh your failing memory, Davenport lost to Larisa Neiland 3:6, 2:6 in the second round of Wimbledon 1996 (when she was 20 years old) and to Denisa Chládková 5:7, 2:6 in the second round of Wimbledon 1997 (when she was 21 years old -- the same age as Petra is today). Also, Davenport lost to Yayuk Basuki 2:6, 3:6 in the second round of Eastbourne 1996, lost to Dominique Monami in the quarterfinal of Eastbourne 2000 and to Farina in the second round of Eastbourne 2003.

Compared to that, winning over Aga Radwanska after losing the first set 1:6 is actually a great result. :) :) :haha:

fouc
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
NID.

I heard that this guy, who stumbled into the Kvitova thread yesterday for some reason (or no reason), is available to give betting tips:

It was in doubt for some part :awww:
And you could find better quotes from Aryman, (s)he is Polish most prominent poster. I remember him (her) including Urszula Radwanska among top 10 most talented players of 2000-2010 decade :angel:

As for the result, well, I wasn't following it, so it's definitely better to see 61 26 67 than 16 26. :sad:
Petra :yeah:

BluSthil
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:04 PM
It is beyond me how Radwanska wins anything ! What a boring player !

Smitten
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Kvitova/Bartoli final could be interesting. I want to see it.

RobinT83
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:21 PM
It is beyond me how Radwanska wins anything ! What a boring player !

You seem to know tennis really well...
Tennis isn't all winners from the baseline, not about brainless ballbashing all the time...
So, Agnieska :cuckoo:
Anyway, Kvitova = the perfect definition of "brainless ballbasher": winner, error, double fault, ace, error, winner, error, double fault, double fault, error, winner, winner, error etc etc.
No variety, never at the net, flat hitting nonsense all the time, and when she's not in-form, she's completely awful to watch though.

iPatty
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Kinda wished she had lost this one TBH, but a big :spit: at all the people saying the better player lost. Polish fans are so delusional.

Cinek
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Aga :kiss:
Great fight. Good luck in Wimbledon :)

cn ireland
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Well done Petra:yeah:

GS2
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
This was a fun match to watch, lots of long rallies, some nice use of slice and drop shots from both players and even some net play.

The first set was tighter than the scoreline suggests but Kvitova couldn't maintain the rallies and most points seemed to end with her errors. After that she was a lot sharper and started hitting a lot more winners that even Radwanska had no chance of chasing down.

Third set was a bit up and down mainly because that's when the wind got really bad and stayed very close until Radwanska's game fell apart in the tie break.

Bartoli stood at the side of the court in the entrance passage watching most of the last two sets which I thought might be a bit disconcerting for them as they couldn't really miss seeing her the whole time but they didn't seem to care.

Coconut91
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:02 PM
This was a fun match to watch, lots of long rallies, some nice use of slice and drop shots from both players and even some net play.

The first set was tighter than the scoreline suggests but Kvitova couldn't maintain the rallies and most points seemed to end with her errors. After that she was a lot sharper and started hitting a lot more winners that even Radwanska had no chance of chasing down.

Third set was a bit up and down mainly because that's when the wind got really bad and stayed very close until Radwanska's game fell apart in the tie break.

Thanks for the report :yeah:

Bartoli stood at the side of the court in the entrance passage watching most of the last two sets which I thought might be a bit disconcerting for them as they couldn't really miss seeing her the whole time but they didn't seem to care.

I don't think they saw her, Bartoli seems to be invisible these days. Ask Maria :lol:

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
You seem to know tennis really well...
Tennis isn't all winners from the baseline, not about brainless ballbashing all the time...
So, Agnieska :cuckoo:
Anyway, Kvitova = the perfect definition of "brainless ballbasher": winner, error, double fault, ace, error, winner, error, double fault, double fault, error, winner, winner, error etc etc.
No variety, never at the net, flat hitting nonsense all the time, and when she's not in-form, she's completely awful to watch though.

What??

Kvitova is one of the few hard hitters that isn't a brainless ball basher.

She knows when to come to net, and is a fine volleyer out there. She doesn't grunt, and it's a natural stroke with comfort.

RobinT83
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM
What??

Kvitova is one of the few hard hitters that isn't a brainless ball basher.

She knows when to come to net, and is a fine volleyer out there. She doesn't grunt, and it's a natural stroke with comfort.

:haha:

Graftard
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Mental giant. That's why I love this girl.

delicatecutter
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Mental giant. That's why I love this girl.

Except when she led Li 3-0 in the third at RG. :bigcry:

sluggahjells
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:36 AM
:haha:

She's erratic, yes, but she isn't going to do like Sharapova does and try to just grunt harder and think that leas to hitting harder.

Kvitova is a natural athlete, and there is fluidity to her strokes. Hopefully you actually go back and watch a lot of matches to see that instead of having a silly simplification of her game. Hell, watch WImbledon highlights from last year.

Graftard
Jun 17th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Except when she led Li 3-0 in the third at RG. :bigcry:

She sucks on clay :shrug: no big deal. Plus she was struggling with shoulder injury as well.

Payam
Jun 17th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Petra is a great player and she deserved this win.

Corswandt
Jun 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
But she should play some. For the confidence. And just to feel she is actually relevant somewhere.

Oh SNAP.