PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne QF Danielle Anotoxfa SOMEHOW DEFEATS Venus Williams 62 57 62

Pages : [1] 2

Uranus
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM
After a choke in the 2nd, she regrouped well in the decider :yeah:.

First win in 11 meetings :D.

#kArLoS#
this was awfully epic! :hysteric: :rolls: :woohoo:,but love you Dani :kiss:

H2H now 10-1 :lol:,and LOL at her usual choke :spit:

Venus,OTOH, just didnt get used to the wind :hug:

GL in the semis,Dani :)

W/UEs ratio:
Venus 36-36
Dani 28-17

Mistress of Evil
Nice tank job, Vee :yeah: Now go rock that Wimbledon party :dance:
Danka :awww: finally, a win :hug:

saul1333
Good stuff :yeah:

young_gunner913
No one beats Danielle Anotoxfa 11 times in a row!!

Josh.
Seriously? The fuck did this happen. :confused:

backhandsmash
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
1-10!

Serenus Christ
lol

Sean.
Really impressed by the 'New Hantuchova' I was sure she was done after the 2nd set choke. :bigclap:

There's clearly no love lost between these too. :lol:

Mikey.
Lol well done Daniela

goldenlox
NOBODY beats Hantuchova 11 times in a row!

18majors
Venus may not be a factor for Wimbledon.

Root
Is this for real? :speakles:
Dark handscrapped mohawk serious and agressive floor won! I LIVE. :crying2:

Anotoxfa should have never handed Hantuchova the match after the first few games of the second set.

1-10 :rocker:

Jane Lane
Anotoxfa!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: The reaction was so cute :)
Although, Hantuchova appeared from 62 42* to 62 57 00* but then Anotoxfa was back.

Shepster
Venus Williams 10-0 Daniela Hantuchova
Danielle Anotoxfa 1-0 Venus Williams

LOVE it :hearts:

Shaun:::
Dani:speakles:
hope she can take the title:kiss:

SVK
Finally:woohoo:

InsideOut.
:unsure:

*Joey*

:lol:

I sooooo wanted to post this quote too! :P

Antoshka
Vee :help:

MB.
DANI :yeah:

BartoLiNa
She coped better with the windy conditions. That's about it really.

vixter
A good match between two players highly skilled on the surface.

Daniela Hantuchova has really taken her mental game to a new level. She mixes in less emotions in the game, or she simply deals with her emotions better. The wind was a mental struggle for both players. They both dealt with it well I thought. Some high quality stuff in the third set especially taking the wind in regard.

OK match from both but I expect Venus form to double for Wimbledon. She didn't serve well enough in this match and the wind of course didn't help.

I don't think that there was any 'choking' in this match. I think both players kept a high level of concentration throughout the match.

auntie janie
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM

:lol: :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
finally Daniela :bowdown:
was thought she was a gonner esp with how she lost 2nd set

swim4life227
Daniela is pathetically insecure. She fist pumped and C'MON'ed more times than Ana Ivanoic does off of errors.

We'll see what happens at WIMBLEDON. Congrats on your SF run at Eastbourne.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4918/ny10el5.gif

sluggahjells
Venus has a lot of respect for Daniela, and viceversa.

But the wind had no respect for the both of them ;)

delicatecutter
So proud of Dani! :sobbing: She definitely proved me wrong. She is playing so well lately. Maybe her best is still in front of her. :yeah:

So Disrespectful
This was embarrassing to watch. Venus wanted to join Serena in London badly, but by the time Daniela had choked away the second set and almost started choking again in the third, Venus was probably thinking, "If I win, I win."

Effy
Venus :lol: :hug:
glad for Daniela though, some really nice results :yeah:

Smitten
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Can't even beat Hantuchova now. :lol:
The slice to blow BP in the last game. :lol:

Love it. :lol:

Sammo
OMG Daniela :sobbing: :lol: :bowdown: :bowdown: I'm so happy now

Lunaris
Some pretty girl to fuck me if this is real.

Root
Daniela is one pathetically insecure bitch. She fist pumped and C'MON'ed more times than Ana Ivanoic does off of errors.

Not as much as you dear. Bitching and cursing her all the time. :hug:

MisterMan
Between Na, Venus and Dani - who would've thought Dani would come out of this section :lol:

Six Feet Under

:lol::sobbing:

Dani! :hi5:
Vee :hug:

Renalicious
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Did not expect Daniela to win that third set after that choke. :lol:
Ohwell, good fight Venus, onto Wimbledon :bigclap:

Gilas.
So Dani now joins the handful number of players who defeated both Williams.
And Venus will still probably win Wimby anyway so :shrug:

18majors
Hantuchova doesn't beat herself but she can be overpowered by players like Sabine at Birmingham.

NyCPsU
OMG :hysteric:

klever58
buhahahahahhahaha :woohoo: :woohoo:

roelc
holy cow! i didn't even dare to hope it.

so happy!

WE HAVE A NEW FAVOURITE TO WIN WIMBLEDON!!! ;)

backhandsmash
W/UE:

36/36 Williams

28/17 Anatoxfa

BartoLiNa
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4919/scoreyv.jpg

G&R
luckily Danielle came on court in the third set and didn't let Daniela throw this match away

sluggahjells
Daniela is one pathetically insecure bitch. She fist pumped and C'MON'ed more times than Ana Ivanoic does off of errors.

The point that made me LOL is when Daniela hit a shot into the net that trickle over, and instead of giving a "hand apology" to Venus like Venus did, Daniela gave a fist pump and a "Come On" right to Venus, :lol::lol:

strictennis
Can't believe I witness history! Danka! I love you!!!

VishaalMaria
Well done to Daniella. Her first win over Venus. 10-1 now. Still ownage haha!

Venus, after not having been on the tour for 6 months, just couldn't adjust to the wind.

Nice lesson learned for her and in the upcoming Wimbledon.Learn how to use a slice, or don't try it at all haha!

She'll do better in Wimbledon.

Kim's_fan_4ever
That's my girl :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Rod the Bama
What a great win for Dani. :clap2: I`m really pleased with how well she kept it together after blowing a 4-2 lead in the second set and dealing with the windy conditions. I`m really loving the improved Dani, which has been long overdue.

Beat
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:56 PM
does this mean lisicki will wimbledon? :angel:

TS
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Pretty cold handshake for two veteran players :lol:

Only saw a little bit of it. The wind was ridiculous and the tennis wasn't too crash hot either..

sam.jones
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
what about their relationship...quite cold handshake, considering it was venus, who always has some nice words even in defeat:confused:

sluggahjells
Hantuchova doesn't beat herself but she can be overpowered by players like Sabine at Birmingham.

She half beat herself against Kuznetsova at the French, and Lisicki was mentally tougher as well as just better.

Azarenka and Radwanska/Kvitova I favor for the title.

Jane Lane
:haha: at the interviewer bringing up Dani's previously 0-10 record against Venus. She had this wry smile, like she knew someone was gonna say it. :lol:

M.P

i love this joke :oh:

longtin23
Seems that Venus didn't want to win the match in first set. Second set she started to force Hantuchiva and she won. Third set was windy, Williams who is lack of match experience and practice cannot handle windy conditions. Hantuchova played quite well and get all the luck. The net seems helping her. Umpire warned her only once for 20 seconds serving policy and her draw is good. Li and Venus are players just seeking and finding themselves on grass while she is prepared. Good luck though...

TS
does this mean lisicki will wimbledon? :angel:

Totally :hearts: :cheer: :D

Belmont Lad
No one beats Dani 11 times in a row, finally a win over V. Williams. A bit of a hiccup in the second set, but otherwise Dani played great in very difficult conditions for both. Her great play of recent months continues, it's just lovely to watch for one of her fans. :kiss: :hearts: Keep it up, and hope that tape is helping that sore shoulder! :dance:

Reptilia
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM

:worship::worship::worship:

MisterMan
Moron's saying Venus did it on purpose. Yes, the sisters came back to the tour after a year to lose on purpose. Yea that makes sense.

sluggahjells
Pretty cold handshake for two veteran players :lol:

Only saw a little bit of it. The wind was ridiculous and the tennis wasn't too crash hot either..

Venus can take defeats hard, but Daniela's antics in the 2nd set, stopping Venus' serve timing by complaining to the chair, the "Come On's" on Venus' errors, and the net court "Come On" really wasn't appreciated by Venus.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
:lol:

Rest up vee.

$uricate
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Anotoxfa is a lot like Hantuchova.

Very similar games but Danielle is able to hold it together mentally unlike Daniella.

Very surprised and not at the same time. Venus is still rusty, had she not been this would have been over.

V-MAC
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Congrats to Dani. She coped with the conditions better today than Vee. Still a great effort from Vee to get some great match practice ahead of Wimbly:)

Brena

:rolls:
This Antoxofa has been really fierce lately! :worship:

RandomShot
Hmm... :confused: :unsure: :eek: :yeah:

bandabou
Interesting, really interesting....

Maria Croft
When you've never beaten someone in ten previous meetings it must be tough to finish it off, well done on closing it out :yeah:

earthcrystal
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM
A good match between two players highly skilled on the surface.

Daniela Hantuchova has really taken her mental game to a new level. She mixes in less emotions in the game, or she simply deals with her emotions better. The wind was a mental struggle for both players. They both dealt with it well I thought. Some high quality stuff in the third set especially taking the wind in regard.

OK match from both but I expect Venus form to double for Wimbledon. She didn't serve well enough in this match and the wind of course didn't help.

I don't think that there was any 'choking' in this match. I think both players kept a high level of concentration throughout the match.

Thank you. No choking, no tanking. A hard-fought match in very difficult conditions. Vee's W/UE was exactly even and Dani had something like +5 winners which speaks to the quality. Entertaining.

sluggahjells
:haha: at the interviewer bringing up Dani's previously 0-10 record against Venus. She had this wry smile, like she knew someone was gonna say it. :lol:

:lol::lol: Oh that was classic.

C. Drone
fuck yeah say whatever :hearts:

1-10 :sobbing:

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you. No choking, no tanking. A hard-fought match in very difficult conditions. Vee's W/UE was exactly even and Dani had something like +5 winners which speaks to the quality. Entertaining.

Considering the awful conditions, it was a well played, if semi-wacky, match.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Rubbish.

There was no extra wind other than the usual sea-side breeze (as you would have seen Dani's hair was NOT flying all over the air).

And it has been exactly like this for the last couple of days.

Oh dear :lol:

You clearly didn't watch that match.

Daniela did a better job handling it in the 1st and 3rd set, and showed her good form and somewhat improved mental toughness.

Geertvg
Wow. Really important win for Daniela. And greta play too, again; Entertaining match! So Hantuchova beats Li and Venus on grass. Hmm. :)

KBdoubleu
Disappointed. Didn't like Hantuchova's behavior today. However, she is playing a high level of tennis and I expect her to do some damage at Wimbledon. Hopefully Venus shakes more of that rust off by the time Wimbledon starts.

homogenius
Daniela should have win in straights but neverth less another good match from her.Dealt well (better than Venus)with the windy condition.
Venus appeared to be extremely serein and confident (borderline arrogant)in the way she carried herself in the 3 matches she played.Maybe she was a little bit too confident today though.Even if she was 10-0 against Dani, she should have know the girl can play and beat anyone on her day.

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Interesting, really interesting....

Speak your mind man! Tell us what you're thinking :lol:

Juliana_
What does it mean: Anatofxa ???

*Joey*
Danka! :bounce:
Glad she bounced back in the third, I was so afraid! :p

Welcome back in Top 25! :hearts:

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Daniela should have win in straights but neverth less another good match from her.Dealt well (better than Venus)with the windy condition.
Venus appeared to be extremely serein and confident (borderline arrogant)in the way she carried herself in the 3 matches she played.Maybe she was a little bit too confident today though.Even if she was 10-0 against Dani, she should have know the girl can play and beat anyone on her day.

:lol::lol::lol:

Morning Morgan
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM
What?

HANTUCHOVA is evolving!

Congratulations! HANTUCHOVA evolved into ANATOXFA!

$uricate
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Thats just a myth invented by Carofans.

kiwialicat
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Congrats Danka. :)

It was a bit of an odd match but wasn't the usual crap that gets served up on a windy day. It did seem counter-productive for both players to complain about the time taken to serve when both where taking the same amount of time on average. Plus, in windy conditions some margin should be allowed.

Not a fan of the come-ons on unforced but I think it probably helped Dani mentally a bit. Where does this Danielle Anotofxa stuff come from anyway?

danieln1
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM
This new anotoxfa girl is GOOD!!!!

Thank god Hantuchova disapeared :haha:

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Arrogant?

She respects Daniela and knows how dangerous she can be, as the last match in Miami showed.

Soliloque
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Danielle has to hire Cynthia B. Zimmerman as a coach. This woman will carry her to a slam.

Richie's
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Danka!!!
:woohoo:
The best still to come. Vamos!

Noctis
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Congrats Dani.

Juanes
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
:woohoo: finally !!!

#kArLoS#
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Danielle has to hire Cynthia B. Zimmerman as a coach. This woman will carry her to a slam.

preach! :lol:

Richie's
After 10 + years on Tour, Daniela beat finally this bitch.

sluggahjells
Congrats Danka. :)

It was a bit of an odd match but wasn't the usual crap that gets served up on a windy day. It did seem counter-productive for both players to complain about the time taken to serve when both where taking the same amount of time on average. Plus, in windy conditions some margin should be allowed.

Not a fan of the come-ons on unforced but I think it probably helped Dani mentally a bit. Where does this Danielle Anotofxa stuff come from anyway?

From some idiot person mispronouncing her last name badly at the Family Circle Cup.......This meme has been played out so bad.

Venus was complaining about Dani's serve one time, Dani made Venus look like she was Clijsters on serve with how slow she was. But Venus never tried to influence a time violation.

Dani was more complaining and angry at the chair umpire and her blowing the 2nd set. She is, as always, ultra intense sometimes, but it paid off today with Venus losing focus in that crucial 3rd game of the final set.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM

:lol::lol:

Really, is that what elegant Venus is?

Hilarious how vicious some people are. :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM

:weirdo:

Setsuna.
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Watch Anotofxa wins Wimbledon now.:rocker2:

edificio
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM

:yeah: a classic

BartoLiNa
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Rubbish.

There was no extra wind other than the usual sea-side breeze (as you would have seen Dani's hair was NOT flying all over the air).

You're either a liar or just plain stupid, assuming you even watched the match. The ball was going all over the place mid-rally, not to mention some of the laughable serves from both, one of which went into the crowd (before bouncing). The commentators also stated how terrible the conditions were, far worse than yesterday.

If you want to rely on your watertight 'how much is their hair blowing' criteria then indulge yourself by all means, but please don't try to convince me it's anything other than your own delusion - because it isn't.

Svetlana)))
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Strategic tank. On to Wimbledon. Anotoxfa is really evolving to be as annoying as Cake. Countless fistpumps, comeons and the shadow swings are just getting ridiculous.

Shepster
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Venus was complaining about Dani's serve one time, Dani made Venus look like she was Clijsters on serve with how slow she was. But Venus never tried to influence a time violation.
What's going up to the chair and complaining if not trying to influence a time violation? :shrug: Hilarious thing after that was the commentators timing them both and them both taking bang on 20 seconds when the wind wasn't playing havoc, and Jo Durie actually saying "why does it *seem* as if Daniela's taking longer?" :lol:

JAS_
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
10-1
:eek:
Well deserved. :bowdown:

BlueTrees
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Danielle was playing so well until 6-2 4-2* 40-30! :eek: Then choked a bit and Venus got a bit better. Venus struggled with the wind in the third set and Anotoxfa really started playing well again. :bowdown:

10-1 :oh:

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:27 PM
What's going up to the chair and complaining if not trying to influence a time violation? :shrug: Hilarious thing after that was the commentators timing them both and them both taking bang on 20 seconds when the wind wasn't playing havoc, and Jo Durie actually saying "why does it *seem* as if Daniela's taking longer?" :lol:

Venus is a fair player and she felt Daniella was taking too long. She would know considering she's the one that's waiting to recieve. Logic would suggest that she wanted the umpire to tell Daniella to be quicker, and to give a warning. And this was when the wind wasn't creating havoc btw.

As I said, Venus is a fair player.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Time violation warning isn't a big deal. I think the umpire should have given it a pass considering how tough the conditions were and both players were taking their time.

Btw I've never seen such a second serve like Venus', the one that landed in the stands :sobbing:

Smitten
Venus takes all the time in the world to serve herself.

John.
Congrats Dani :)

Good luck at Wimbledon Vee

earthcrystal
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Rubbish.

:lol: This? Cracks me up.

This from the same fan that just noticed "Vee's knickers" are showing through her dress (in the scoring thread). Methinks your focus is less than stellar.

Don't know what you were watching, but it clearly was not this match.

**exits shaking head and wiping eyes**

GoLdEnSeToV
Dani great job!

Shepster
Venus is a fair player and she felt Daniella was taking too long. She would know considering she's the one that's waiting to recieve. Logic would suggest that she wanted the umpire to tell Daniella to be quicker, and to give a warning. And this was when the wind wasn't creating havoc btw.

As I said, Venus is a fair player.
I agree, and actually think they should have a shot-clock, but in this case it was hypocritical because in the game before I'd been thinking how slow Venus was going between points and afterwards they were pointing out both players were doing the same thing.

germex
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Well done!! :bounce:

Otlichno
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Daniela! :yeah:

Venus takes pretty long herself to serve. :shrug: I don't know why people solely complain about Daniela when players like Jankovic, Venus and Sharapova take just as long before serving? :shrug:

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Venus takes all the time in the world to serve herself.

But Daniella didn't say anything, did she?

Richie's
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
:lol::lol:

Really, is that what elegant Venus is?

Hilarious how vicious some people are. :lol:

Well I don't forget how many times W sisters cheat against Daniela or other players. And yes, it's a little revenge.

toxina90
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Should have been 6-2 6-2 but whatever, it's about time :help:

Venus and Serena no doubt happy to be preparing for Wimbledon now.

Smitten
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Well I don't forget how many times W sisters cheat against Daniela or other players. And yes, it's a little revenge.

:lol: @ Serena needing to cheat to beat Hantuchova when she has beaten her on one leg.

VishaalMaria
I agree, and actually think they should have a shot-clock, but in this case it was hypocritical because in the game before I'd been thinking how slow Venus was going between points and afterwards they were pointing out both players were doing the same thing.

It's tricky to be honest. The wind was horrible. Especially that Venus 2nd serve which went to the stands:lol:

BartoLiNa
Well I don't forget how many times W sisters cheat against Daniela or other players.

Provide examples or shut the hell up, troll.

VishaalMaria
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM

How did they cheat and against who?

Patrick345
Lisicki must be feeling good right about now, with Hantuchova dishing out the beatings.

young_gunner913
:lol: @ Serena needing to cheat to beat Hantuchova when she has beaten her on one leg.

Right?!?!? :happy:

Olórin
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Thank you.

Sounds like things weren't clicking for Venus today. You would think Daniela could squeak out a win on Venus at some point, guess it's just surprising it's on grass.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Daniela really did take forever today.

I think both Ana last week and even unflappable Venus were annoyed with Daniela doing things like she has done. But hey, if it works :bounce:

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Even Hantuchova gave Venus and Serena love on her Twitter page.

They NEVER "cheat", and it's hilarious how some people are desperate, :)

Shepster
It's tricky to be honest. The wind was horrible. Especially that Venus 2nd serve which went to the stands:lol:
After Dani's one that barely made the bottom of the net I never thought there'd be a worse serve than that in the match ;)

I think the umpire did very well today, made some very good overrules for the most part, when Dani was complaining it usually was out (she's so terrible at judging stuff like this), and for the most part was very understanding with the time between points. I mean, it was at least an hour after Venus complained that Dani actually got the warning and if there wasn't much wind around at the time fair enough. I just wish they'd start docking points, but then Nadal would never win a match so we can't have that :lol:

sky20748
Venus is coming back from 5 months off the tour. She made it to a quarterfinal. Jeez, DH has been on the tour, playing and fighting and scrapping. Now that Venus didn't make it to a semi she is done for Wimbledon. give me a break. The woman is coming back after 5 months off tour. It was windy, she is RUSTY. With that being said, Congrats DH as u coped better with the elements and benefited from RUSTY VENUS. I am a Venus and DH fan. But again lets not jump to conclusions and count Venus out for wimbledon. Venus got some matches under her belt. logged some court time and now she will take the qick jot over to wimbledon and get back on HER beloved WIMBLEDON GRASS. Lets just wait to see what will happen at wimbledon. Congrats again Dh and Welcome Back Venus and Serena. Still showing that u want to win and fight and that is the most important thing of it all.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
After Dani's one that barely made the bottom of the net I never thought there'd be a worse serve than that in the match ;)

I think the umpire did very well today, made some very good overrules for the most part, when Dani was complaining it usually was out (she's so terrible at judging stuff like this), and for the most part was very understanding with the time between points. I mean, it was at least an hour after Venus complained that Dani actually got the warning and if there wasn't much wind around at the time fair enough. I just wish they'd start docking points, but then Nadal would never win a match so we can't have that :lol:

They just need to be consistent, both on the ATP and WTA. It is getting quite ridiculous, and players need to challenge this. Robin Hasse called out Nadal on that on Twitter.

The Dawntreader
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Jesus. Venus is 31, coming off a lengthy absence. I don't know how you can have such lofty expectations. This is all beneficial going into Wimby.

Joelina
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

TAKE THAT TITLE DANIELA! :devil:

sky20748
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Venus showed flashes of the old Vee when her shots were working. Dani showed the signs of her new and improved attitude. Now with that being said, I don't care who likes it, Dani will not and is not going to beat Venus nor Serena on WImbledon grass period. there are other better players that may. Venus and Serena got what they wanted. Matches! They got to be competitive instead of walking into wimbledon blind. They got the feel of the grass under their feet. They now know what needs to be worked on. I wish all the ladies at wimbledon much success and congrats to whomever snatches it this year because yes it is up to be snatched. The hungriest will prevail and we will see who that will be at the end of 2 weeks. Thankfully there is a roof at Wimbledon and the elements will not be a factor. Again congrats Dani, u won no taking that away from you. Congrats Venus, u fought though be it urself and the wind, but nonetheless u fought and that should give u some comfort in knowing ok I need to tighten up this and get the mental on point. I say congrats to both Ladies especially Venus as she came back and beat girls who have been on the tour grinding. Today just wasn't ur day Venus. Nothing to be ashamed of period. Just on to the next tournament and rock it out.

timafi
NID :shrug:

Drimal
Daniela :bigclap:

Since she's Anotoxfa she has really turned into a giant beater. :eek:

sky20748
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Jesus. Venus is 31, coming off a lengthy absence. I don't know how you can have such lofty expectations. This is all beneficial going into Wimby.

I so agree. They are acting like Venus been on tour these past 5 months and DH just spanked her. NO, but again I see this as a plus. she lost the match but she won the battle of being healthy back on the court, logging time and getting the feel again. Congrats Venus.

Linguae^
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:49 PM
So what, Flukhova wins once again, Vinas just tanks. Nothing new. :p

QueenBee
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Dani :woohoo: great results in the last 3 tournaments. Hope to see her in the last rounds of Wimbledon

JAS_
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Venus and Serena often take ginormous amounts of time to serve, when they need to catch their breath, so it's a little hypocritical to complain when judges treat them with a lot of flexibility.

melodynelson
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Excellent win for Daniela, and this form has come seemingly out of nowhere. After so many terrible losses this year like 97 in the third loss to Kulikova, losing all four matches in Fed Cup including a 75 in third loss to Jankovic, 75 in the third loss to Zvonareva after beating her the week before, 64 in the third loss to Stosur, 75 in the third loss to Schiavone, 64 in the third loss to Petkovic...

But since then wins over Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Li, Venus Williams and was a set away from another GS QF. I would say these are probably the best batch of wins in a close period of time in her career. She plays Kvitova next, doesn't she? Her or Radwanska, should be interesting.

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Excellent win for Daniela, and this form has come seemingly out of nowhere. After so many terrible losses this year like 97 in the third loss to Kulikova, losing all four matches in Fed Cup including a 75 in third loss to Jankovic, 75 in the third loss to Zvonareva after beating her the week before, 64 in the third loss to Stosur, 75 in the third loss to Schiavone, 64 in the third loss to Petkovic...

But since then wins over Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Li, Venus Williams and was a set away from another GS QF. I would say these are probably the best batch of wins in a close period of time in her career. She plays Kvitova next, doesn't she? Her or Radwanska, should be interesting.

I think Petra or Aggie beat her in the next round.........They are locked in a semi-classic on non-TV Court 1 (while the UNICEF Open has TV on their Court 1 :rolleyes:)

vwfan
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
oh Venus!

WeiWei
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:04 PM
So happy for Dani after the miserable 10 consecutive losses. Now get the title please!

LCS
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
:worship:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
WOW Anotoxfa! :eek: :bolt:

Great couple of weeks for you! :hearts:

Yellow Moon
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
gheee, Dani :hearts::yeah:!

Jarrett
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
So happy for Danielle!!! :bounce: Goodluck in the semis!!

Yorker
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM
YES WE GOT A WINNNNNN!!!!! 1-10!

Lol in all honesty didn't expect it, it's been a good two weeks on the grass. I'm sure Venus will be fine at Wimbledon, I would love to gloat but yeahhhhh 1-10.

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:36 PM

I agree, I also think this umpire seemed really good. What is her name?

AcesHigh
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:36 PM

That's an outwards confidence Venus always shows.

Anyway, the months without match play showed for Venus. She couldn't adjust to the wind, she made errors at critical points.

Hantuchova played well. She should be proud of herself.

Also, I'm glad Vee came to Eastbourne. She definitely needed some matches under her belt.

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Venus showed flashes of the old Vee when her shots were working. Dani showed the signs of her new and improved attitude. Now with that being said, I don't care who likes it, Dani will not and is not going to beat Venus nor Serena on WImbledon grass period. there are other better players that may. Venus and Serena got what they wanted. Matches! They got to be competitive instead of walking into wimbledon blind. They got the feel of the grass under their feet. They now know what needs to be worked on. I wish all the ladies at wimbledon much success and congrats to whomever snatches it this year because yes it is up to be snatched. The hungriest will prevail and we will see who that will be at the end of 2 weeks. Thankfully there is a roof at Wimbledon and the elements will not be a factor. Again congrats Dani, u won no taking that away from you. Congrats Venus, u fought though be it urself and the wind, but nonetheless u fought and that should give u some comfort in knowing ok I need to tighten up this and get the mental on point. I say congrats to both Ladies especially Venus as she came back and beat girls who have been on the tour grinding. Today just wasn't ur day Venus. Nothing to be ashamed of period. Just on to the next tournament and rock it out.

Do you think they would close the roof for windy contitions?? Nicely written BTW.

Graf~Dokic
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Daniela :) :bounce: So happy for her. Great grass court season so far.

monmonito
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:54 PM

you shut up..eat your cake:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

flareon
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So happy for dani this was awesome....

On a side not anyone else had the feeling this was a tank by veee? weather awful tomorrow gunna be stuck proberbly till sunday...

mapaliey
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
the dry-spell is broken....congrats danka...

mauresmofan
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM

:lol: I was just about to post the same - Daniella Hantuchova would never have won this match so thankfully she wasn't playing today.

Mightymirza
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Dani's ball toss reminds me of Ana's.. She better watch out or :tape:

roelc
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
dani's wimbledon win odds, from 1/69 to 1/29 :lol:

mauresmofan
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Dani's ball toss reminds me of Ana's.. She better watch out or :tape:

Slight difference is Dani was throwing up the ball in very blustery windy conditions whereas Ana, well she doesn't know how to throw a ball up in the air on a calm, still day it seems.

SELVEN
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
someone please tell me why people keep calling her "Anotofxa"?what's the story?

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:25 PM

See the other active thread about the nicknames. The youtube-video.

Soliloque
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1J37NN-i0

HippityHop
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM
This is good for Venus. Now all of the pressure to win Wimby is on Dani and not Venus. :)

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM
This is good for Venus. Now all of the pressure to win Wimby is on Dani and not Venus. :)

Because she won against Venus? :lol:

Jane Lane
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM

THE BEST PART IS WHERE IT SAYS "As seen on tennisforum.com" :haha::haha: WE'RE LEGENDARY.

HippityHop
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
THE BEST PART IS WHERE IT SAYS "As seen on tennisforum.com" :haha::haha: WE'RE LEGENDARY.

Dead and gone. :lol:

Leo St
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
shes still insecure about movement.. preserving herself
it was better like this.. no way she would hold it together for three weeks in a row after such a long break
let me see more plausible excuses (:D) the wind disturbed her too..
and most important she didnt feel the need to try like crazy

but im still mad

Queenpova
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::worship::worship::l ol:

Queenpova
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Anotoxfa

anyone care to explain?

Jarrett
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Anotoxfa

anyone care to explain?

It has been explained twice in this thread...

helio_c
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Anotoxfa

anyone care to explain?

It's in the previous page, but it is so brilliant that I can spam it again

:tape::tape:

Tweety Snape
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
What?

HANTUCHOVA is evolving!

Congratulations! HANTUCHOVA evolved into ANATOXFA!
:lol: I see it more as Hantuchova is Yugi Muto and Anoxtofa is Yami Yugi. :lol:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Really, a mod should sticky the Anotoxfa video so people will stop asking. Or maybe post a link to it in the site rules or something.

Mrs. Peel
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
TANK! No way Venus was going to miss that party.

LOL @ DH's fans congratulating her about beating a player who is playing her third match back after being out for 5 months. Kind of pathetic.:tape:

Sammo
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM

LOL @ DH's fans congratulating her about beating a player who is playing her third match back after being out for 5 months. Kind of pathetic.:tape:

You mean the 5 time Wimbledon champion who just thrashed Ana Ivanovic and defeated Andrea Petkovic? :rolleyes:

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM

Like when some Venus and Ana fans were congratulating Ana for playing a good match but the best wasn't enough against Venus?

LUVMIRZA
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Venus:facepalm::lol:

Anatoxfa:worship:

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM

What a stupid post. Of course Hantuchova can be congratulated. Beating Venus Williams on grass is a big feat and I'm sure you know it was the first time she did it in 10 previous attempts. So you can now explain further what you find pathetic.

Martian KC
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
lol

Steff_forever
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
:bowdown: :banana: :worship: :woohoo: :worship: :banana: :bowdown:

I was really impressed by Daniela's patience up to 6-2 4-2 (40-30*). Then she really tanked this stupid DTL stroke a meter wide and lost confidence again. It should have ended 6-2 6-2 there, seriously. She played it clever up to this pt. Mixed her strokes, used softer but well placed balls when Vee expected hard hit rallies but didn't get'em. Dani also has mixed her serve right until the midth of the 2nd.
Suddenly she got tight again. Vee recognized immediatly that her opponent was still in the thinking zone. She played her game then and Dani just tried to cope with it. The 2nd set was aleady done at 3-4* therefore.
After losing it, everyone expected Daniela to choke but she didn't. She had to face the same gutsy conditions as Vee but just said to herself: do I have sth to lose here and her smile showed up as she accepted the worst influence of wind I've ever seen in Eastbourne. Vee just didn't think of being able to lose it there. But the 2nd break brought her back to reality when Daniela really was confident to hold it even facing a bp at *5-2 (the same 5-2 Dani couldn't reach in the 2nd).

SHE WAS THE BETTER PLAYER and THE REAL GRASS QUEEN TODAY, not Vee. Vee wasn't even rusty or sth. She just couldn't handle Dani's non-collapse...

WELL DONE DANIELA, keep it up against Petra pls... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Both sisters wanted a real triumphant comeback here and both said they prepared better than ever, being faster than ever but just fell flat on their faces. A real highlight of this tournament. And even at Wimby they're vulnerable for me :)

now call me a hater again pls, when I'm just telling the reality :kiss:

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM

I was really impressed by Daniela's patience up to 6-2 4-2 (40-30*). Then she really tanked this stupid DTL stroke a meter wide and lost confidence again. It should have ended 6-2 6-2 there, seriously. She played it clever up to this pt. Mixed her strokes, used softer but well placed balls when Vee expected hard hit rallies but didn't get'em. Dani also has mixed her serve right until the midth of the 2nd.
Suddenly she got tight again. Vee recognized immediatly that her opponent was still in the thinking zone. She played her game then and Dani just tried to cope with it. The 2nd set was aleady done at 3-4* therefore.
After losing it, everyone expected Daniela to choke but she didn't. She had to face the same gutsy conditions as Vee but just said to herself: do I have sth to lose here and her smile showed up as she accepted the worst influence of wind I've ever seen in Eastbourne. Vee just didn't think of being able to lose it there. But the 2nd break brought her back to reality when Daniela really was confident to hold it even facing a bp at *5-2 (the same 5-2 Dani couldn't reach in the 2nd).

SHE WAS THE BETTER PLAYER and THE REAL GRASS QUEEN TODAY, not Vee. Vee wasn't even rusty or sth. She just couldn't handle Dani's non-collapse...

Both sisters wanted a real triumphant comeback here and both said they prepared better than ever, being faster than ever but just fell flat on their faces. A real highlight of this tournament. And even at Wimby they're vulnerable for me :)

This was a good post, until the end. I felt that both of the sisters made a really nice comeback. They won their 1st round matches and both provided a good fight in the second round, losing tight matches. They both looked very well prepared and dangerous to me. About that 'faster than ever' remark, who said that? Especially for Serena after the year she's been through this comeback must be called a success. But you say they fell flat on their faces and also have the audacity to call that a highlight? I'm not gonna call you anything, but maybe you should press 'submit reply' earlier next time.

starin
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:07 PM
this is a pretty pathetic loss, even considering it's so early in her comeback. Venus looks really slow out there.
Sorry y'all I think Venus may be hitting the end here. Losing to her perpetual bitch on her best surface is a sure sign that she's just lost something out there.

Mixal
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:08 PM
:eek:

I haven't seen the match so I have no clue how she lost against Hantuchova :lol:

Congrats to Danielle, this girl is fucking fierce!

cellophane
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
ANOTOXFA!1111111 GOAT :worship:

Bismarck.
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
2011 WTA Newcomer of the Year: Danielle Anatoxfa. :worship:

égalité
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Anthraxfa :cheer: Finally.

Steff_forever
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Venus appeared to be extremely serein and confident (borderline arrogant)in the way she carried herself in the 3 matches she played. Maybe she was a little bit too confident today though.Even if she was 10-0 against Dani, she should have know the girl can play and beat anyone on her day.

and this ís exatly the arrogance I don't like, esp from Serena. Have they unexpectedly been beaten, there's always a good reason for them why. It can't have been the better player on the other side of the net.

Jarrett
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM

Hahahaha, that would be amazing.

toxina90
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM

:spit:

Steff_forever
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM
This was a good post, until the end. I felt that both of the sisters made a really nice comeback. They won their 1st round matches and both provided a good fight in the second round, losing tight matches. They both looked very well prepared and dangerous to me. About that 'faster than ever' remark, who said that? Especially for Serena after the year she's been through this comeback must be called a success. But you say they fell flat on their faces and also have the audacity to call that a highlight? I'm not gonna call you anything, but maybe you should press 'submit reply' earlier next time.
So what did you expect from the sisters after their fulminant intro into this tourn?

Both being ousted before reaching the SF???
I doubt you expected this. They both used it as a comback tourn and wanted to say "HERE WE ARE AGAIN, WIMBY IS JUST WAITING FOR OUR NEXT TITLE". That's how I sensed it...

Serena told in one PC itvw she is better than before, faster and more stable in her strokes.

I'm one of the few ppl in here who never got silenced by some fanatics. And I still don't count you among them...
I'm still taking my thoughts into some lines even if I get attacked from various fans.

Certinfy
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Daniela u fucking legend! :woohoo: :bounce:

Steff_forever
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Unfortunately you're irrelevant to tennis, and probably in general - I dare say. ;) And yes, I've seen some of your posts before and you are most certainly a deluded hater :kiss:
I see myself as irrelevant as you are ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
:lol: some people are so pressed

Jarrett
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
:spit:

Family Circle Cup
Apr 4-Apr 10 Clay

First Round Alla Kudryavtseva W 6-1, 7-6 (7-3)
Second Round Evgeniya Rodina W 6-0, 6-1
Third Round Christina McHale L 6-7 (3-7), 1-6

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Apr 18-Apr 24 Clay

First Round Alexandra Dulgheru W 7-5, 6-3
Second Round Samantha Stosur (5) L 4-6, 6-2, 4-6

Tennis Masters Madrid
Apr 30-May 8 Clay

First Round Kimiko Date Krumm W 6-3, 6-3
Second Round Samantha Stosur (5) L 6-7 (1-7), 5-7

Internazionali BNL d'Italia
May 8-May 15 Clay

First Round Tsvetana Pironkova W 6-4, 6-2
Second Round Romina Oprandi W 7-5, 6-1
Third Round Francesca Schiavone (2) L 6-3, 2-6, 5-7

Internationaux de Strasbourg (6)
May 16-May 21 Clay

First Round Johanna Larsson W 6-3, 6-4
Second Round Mathilde Johansson W 6-4, 6-2
Quarterfinals Nadia Petrova (4) W 6-4, 6-2
Semifinals Andrea Petkovic (2) L 4-6, 6-3, 4-6

French Open
May 22-Jun 5 Clay

First Round Shuai Zhang W 6-3, 6-3
Second Round Sara Errani W 6-1, 6-2
Third Round Caroline Wozniacki (1) W 6-1, 6-3
Fourth Round Svetlana Kuznetsova (13) L 7-6 (8-6), 3-6, 2-6

AEGON Classic
Jun 6-Jun 12 Grass

Second Round Sorana Cirstea W 6-0, 6-3
Third Round Alla Kudryavtseva (16) W 6-4, 6-2
Quarterfinals Alison Riske W 6-2, 6-4
Semifinals Ana Ivanovic (2) W 6-7 (2-7), 6-3, 6-2
Final Sabine Lisicki L 3-6, 2-6

AEGON International
Jun 12-Jun 18 Grass

First Round Jie Zheng W 6-4, 6-4
Second Round Na Li (2) W 7-6 (9-7), 6-3
Quarterfinals Venus Williams W 6-2, 5-7, 6-2

Pretty impressive for her first year on the tour! :bounce:

Olórin
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I see myself as irrelevant as you are ;)

Doesn't even make sense :shrug: But little you've written has. Instead of enjoying this rare win you'd rather revel in your petty hate and comments. Pathetic :lol:

pittsburghsteely
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Lawd have mercy,yall act like this child just won the wimbledon final, its just eastborne babies, this child been playing for twelve years and has yet to win a grand slam

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Wow, Daniela! :eek: :aparty:

First Na, now Venus. :yeah:

MB.
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:39 PM

:lol: :yeah:

First time for everything.

Now if only Justine would unretire and draw Jelena again...

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Lawd have mercy,yall act like this child just won the wimbledon final, its just eastborne babies, this child been playing for twelve years and has yet to win a grand slam

Is that what you always resort to when your favourite loses a match? They played each other 10 times and each time Venus won so it's only natural for her fans to be really happy over this win on a grass court which is arguably Venus's best surface. Makes sense, no?

P.S. Try not to pull "she's back from injury..." etc. Had she won this match, like yesterday's, half the comments might have been "she's back, bitches stand back...", etc. but because she lost, it's obvious she's still rusty and she's saving it all for Wimbledon. She tanked a match she knew she could have won, right?

pittsburghsteely
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Is that what you always resort to when your favourite loses a match? They played each other 10 times and each time Venus won so it's only natural for her fans to be really happy over this win on a grass court which is arguably Venus's best surface. Makes sense, no?

P.S. Try not to pull "she's back from injury..." etc. Had she won this match, like yesterday's, half the comments might have been "she's back, bitches stand back...", etc. but because she lost, it's obvious she's still rusty and she's saving it all for Wimbledon. She tanked a match she knew she could have won, right?

Man please,what you talking about, you just trippin and thangs, i just said ole gurl been playing for twelve years and yet to win a grand slam, im not lying, with that lame sarah palin avatar , you need too calm down ,i dont care about some lame stans trippin over her winning after ten times losing to vee, they need to pray for her to win a grand slam she aint no spring chicken you know, deuces

rnwerner
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hantuchova played solid and served very well in all of her matches in Birmingham and Eastbourne.
But I still don't think that it is a good idea to play two grass court tournaments in two weeks before Wimbledon...

Jarrett
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hantuchova played solid and served very well in all of her matches in Birmingham and Eastbourne.
But I still don't think that it is a good idea to play two grass court tournaments in two weeks before Wimbledon...

I don't know if she planned to get this far in either event. lol

Otlichno
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Man please,what you talking about, you just trippin and thangs, i just said ole gurl been playing for twelve years and yet to win a grand slam, im not lying, with that lame sarah palin avatar , you need too calm down ,i dont care about some lame stans trippin over her winning after ten times losing to vee, they need to pray for her to win a grand slam she aint no spring chicken you know, deuces

So winning a grand slam is the only thing you figure to be praiseworthy in tennis? :haha:

Hurley
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Man please,what you talking about, you just trippin and thangs, i just said ole gurl been playing for twelve years and yet to win a grand slam

99% of players don't :shrug:

I'm glad for you that your favorites win a lot of Grand Slams (I wonder if you'd have ever created an account at this particular board if they hadn't...) but for the overwhelming majority of the tour, the goal is to just try to play their absolute best and have as many great victories as possible. Danielle [sic] did today, and I'm sure she's excited, and she should be, and so should her fans.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
My response is only to the bolded, I actually think the celebration is fine, but...

If she thrashed Anotoxfa like she did to Baby Ajde yesterday, of course those comments would have popped up(even though destroying Ana isn't much cause for celebration for ANYONE these days :help:.) Struggling past Danielle wouldn't have been much cause for a TF fiesta, but neither is struggling past Rusty Venus. People are going to blow things out of proportion either way.

Incidentally, can you honestly say Venus was not playing poorly in this match? The only reason she didn't go down 2&2 is because Dani was still afraid of beating her. Still looked pretty rough to me - She's literally a step and a half slower than she was in 2010 :tape:

Hurley
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The Williams sisters come back and I end up defending frickin' Hanturexia of all people...I did not take advantage of how nice the last few months have been... :facepalm:

BartoLiNa
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM

Wow, I feel sorry for Hantuchova. Such a lovely girl yet attracts scum like this into her fanbase? Shame.

pittsburghsteely
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:04 PM
So winning a grand slam is the only thing you figure to be praiseworthy in tennis? :haha:

well being that you are one of her stans, of course you would ask that question, to help you ease the pain of her never winning a grand slam, hahaha back too ya

Matt01
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I stopped watching after the 2nd set because I was sure that Dani would choke this away but I was wrong :lol:

Dani :bowdown:

Venus :bigwave:

So what, Flukhova wins once again, Vinas just tanks. Nothing new. :p

Don't be so bitter. :hug:

pittsburghsteely
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
99% of players don't :shrug:

I'm glad for you that your favorites win a lot of Grand Slams (I wonder if you'd have ever created an account at this particular board if they hadn't...) but for the overwhelming majority of the tour, the goal is to just try to play their absolute best and have as many great victories as possible. Danielle [sic] did today, and I'm sure she's excited, and she should be, and so should her fans.

it aint serena and venus fault that 99% of players dont win grand slams

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
lol Venus, this is worse than losing to someone like Eugenie Bouchard!

But now you have more time to prepare for Wimbledon :devil:

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
So what did you expect from the sisters after their fulminant intro into this tourn?

Both being ousted before reaching the SF???
I doubt you expected this. They both used it as a comback tourn and wanted to say "HERE WE ARE AGAIN, WIMBY IS JUST WAITING FOR OUR NEXT TITLE". That's how I sensed it...

Serena told in one PC itvw she is better than before, faster and more stable in her strokes.

I'm one of the few ppl in here who never got silenced by some fanatics. And I still don't count you among them...
I'm still taking my thoughts into some lines even if I get attacked from various fans.

I like most of the players and I'm not assigned to any fanbase. I actually had no expectations of the sisters, because I didn't know what to expect. It just sounded like you were mocking the sisters directly, instead of mocking the fanatic fans...

From what I saw of Venus and Serena at Eastbourne, I see both of them as big candidates for the Wimbledon title!:bounce:

winone23
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Great Fight Veuns, off to Wimbledon.

Otlichno
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
well being that you are one of her stans, of course you would ask that question, to help you ease the pain of her never winning a grand slam, hahaha back too ya

You still didn't answer the question. :p

She didn't win any slams but she has accomplished many things and seems to coming back into form. That's more than any fan can wish for their favorites.

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM

The majority of the tour is professionals who haven't won slams so what else is there for them to do than try to win tournaments other than slams? She won against Wozniacki, Li and now Williams. She has every right to be happy and excited for this win regardless of whether Venus was rusty or not. I don't know what Sarah Palin avatar you're talking about and your post was quite hard to comprehend.

My response is only to the bolded, I actually think the celebration is fine, but...

If she thrashed Anotoxfa like she did to Baby Ajde yesterday, of course those comments would have popped up(even though destroying Ana isn't much cause for celebration for ANYONE these days :help:.) Struggling past Danielle wouldn't have been much cause for a TF fiesta, but neither is struggling past Rusty Venus. People are going to blow things out of proportion either way.

Incidentally, can you honestly say Venus was not playing poorly in this match? The only reason she didn't go down 2&2 is because Dani was still afraid of beating her. Still looked pretty rough to me - She's literally a step and a half slower than she was in 2010 :tape:

Well of course she'd struggle against Venus. It's Daniela Hantuchova we're talking about. :lol: A choke was expected and we all saw how she almost completely lost it during the second set. I'm not saying Venus was playing great. She was struggling with a lot of things including the windy condition but so was Daniela.

Tweety Snape
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Someone needs to learn who Tina Fey is. :rolleyes: :hearts:

serenaforever
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Oh well, good practice for Venus to prepare for the real thing. :)

2Black
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM
No offense to Hantuchova, who is playing well at the moment, but this is a hollow victory if ever there were one. You just beat someone who has dominated you for several years, but you needed them to be rusty from a lengthy injury layoff to get the W (and even then it took you 3 sets).

Best of luck to both at Wimbledon but if i was Hantuchova, I wouldn't be feeling that good about this victory. Because it basically says that unless I play even better at Wimbledon, I have no shot to win the title. :(

BluSthil
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes: It happened because Venus played more awfull than Danielle !!! Danielle's first serve sucked (as did Venus') like so many other players, and she can't move for s... ! I swear she has weights in her shoes ! Don't look for her to go anywhere deep at Wimbledon :eek:

leebeasy
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Great win for Dani! :cheer:

Nice to see Venus back, hope she does well at Wimbledon. A lot of rust for sure but the game is still there. :hug:

Sammo
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Wow, I feel sorry for Hantuchova. Such a lovely girl yet attracts scum like this into her fanbase? Shame.

Is your avatar supposed to look good? Coz Bartoli looks like an overweight squirrel there

sluggahjells
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
RT @It's obviously nice to see Venus and Serena back. They are great for the game. I was looking forward to the match today and pleased to win!

See, despite her being "Crazy Dani" with her antics in the 2nd set, she respects Venus and Serena a lot, and viceversa.

Roookie
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Venus never tanks and she was in good form yesterday so no excuses. Well done Dani :inlove:

Yorker
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM
No offense to Hantuchova, who is playing well at the moment, but this is a hollow victory if ever there were one. You just beat someone who has dominated you for several years, but you needed them to be rusty from a lengthy injury layoff to get the W (and even then it took you 3 sets).

Best of luck to both at Wimbledon but if i was Hantuchova, I wouldn't be feeling that good about this victory. Because it basically says that unless I play even better at Wimbledon, I have no shot to win the title. :(

This goes for every player not named Williams. I mean Venus took out petkovic in 3. It's not really a big deal, this is grass where the Williams thrive and they would always be favorites no matter the form they have. Daniela might not be feeling good about the victory but she's feeling good about her form since Strasbourg, a good run at wimbly isn't out of the question but judging by her past draws at this tournament I expect a tough one.

terjw
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
WD Dani - thought she'd lose when she lost the 2nd set and had to go out after that.

There was certainly some needle between these two though. Venus complains of the time Dani was taking between points. But Jo Durie started timing them both and they were both taking right up to the limit of 20 seconds. Then Dani complained about Venus getting illegal coaching. Then Dani gets that netcord and it goes over and instead of a hand up for an apology it's a fistpump and c'mon. I quite enjoyed those bits of drama. :lol:

bandabou
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:38 PM

:lol: What a badwagonner! :(:o

cn ireland
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Venus:sad:

Great win for Dani though;)!

hankqq
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Rusty Venus + windy day = baaaaaaad :lol: She got 3 matches in this week though so that should help her preparation for Wimbledon :shrug: :yeah:

Strange attitude from Hantuchova though. Didn't realize how cold she was :tape: I thought she'd be very happy after winning and would give a nice handshake but nope :lol:

BartoLiNa
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Is your avatar supposed to look good? Coz Bartoli looks like an overweight squirrel there

I don't like players for their appearance, troll :wavey:

Sammo
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I don't like players for their appearance, troll :wavey:

Yeah but I mean there are better pics :lol:

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Including the one that WASN'T TELEVISED, huh?

Sammo
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM
^ Please just shut up :facepalm: By the way

32wyWZpghvU

FAIL :haha:

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM

32wyWZpghvU

Jeez talk about going overboard. It's just the quarters of freaking Eastbourne, man. Daniela probably won't win this tournament let alone more than 3 matches next week... then again I can see why it's such a big deal to you.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I dont think Venus or Serena is playing this tournament to their best ability. I think they are just trying to get the feel of grass again and get better prepared for Wimbledon.

J4m3ka
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM

32wyWZpghvU

What was she supposed to say? That "she is here to lose"?

She could hardly tell the truth on TV that she is there to get a few matches before tanking to Wimbledon.

Every sane person knew that neither sister had a real intention to win Eastbourne :oh:

kman
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Told you Venus fanatics. NID.

This must be best few weeks of Hantuchovas career. Beating some fucking big names lately. Wozniacki, Li, Venus on grass... and I think there was one more, who am I forgetting?

I'm proud to say Wozniacki is a former winner of this tournament. Shame she didn't play it this year, but maybe it's for the better. Saving energy for SW19.

kman
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I dont think Venus or Serena is playing this tournament to their best ability. I think they are just trying to get the feel of grass again and get better prepared for Wimbledon.

Blah blah... Venus said "I'm here to win"... they just can't cut it outside the slams when everyone else is not strung out on nerves. At grand slams all the non-winners become paralyzed with the sense of urgency and occasion that their games tend to crumble. Williams are good at exploiting that.

Root
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Told you Venus fanatics. NID.

This must be best few weeks of Hantuchovas career. Beating some fucking big names lately. Wozniacki, Li, Venus on grass... and I think there was one more, who am I forgetting?

I'm proud to say Wozniacki is a former winner of this tournament. Shame she didn't play it this year, but maybe it's for the better. Saving energy for SW19.

VIP? I don't know if you can call her a big name though.

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM

She could hardly tell the truth on TV that she is there to get a few matches before tanking to Wimbledon.

Every sane person knew that neither sister had a real intention to win Eastbourne :oh:

I think she probably wanted to win this tournament but I don't think she's off considering suicide because she didn't either.

Like Serena yesterday the will was there but the tennis just didn't follow.

kman
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Ah yes. Ana. Nah. I guess there was a reason I forgot her. She used to be a big deal, but nowadays she's too hit-and-miss.

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Blah blah... Venus said "I'm here to win"... they just can't cut it outside the slams when everyone else is not strung out on nerves. At grand slams all the non-winners become paralyzed with the sense of urgency and occasion that their games tend to crumble. Williams are good at exploiting that.

See post above yours, by J4m3ka. Said it all.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM
See post above yours, by J4m3ka. Said it all.

What did it say?

Tweety Snape
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
^ ;)

The Witch-king
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM

Ah yes. Ana. Nah. I guess there was a reason I forgot her. She used to be a big deal, but nowadays she's too hit-and-miss.

Keep talking like that. best believe karma is coming for y'alls azzes :bolt:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
^ ;)

Thanks. And yeah, that.

terjw
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Well if you believe that she was here to tank which is illegal and a liar in her interview - that's up to you. A pretty low opinion you have of her and definitely not one that all sane people will have. I don't think she's a liar. She didn't even have to volunteer that an ideal situation would be win win - she wasn't even asked directly.

As for Sammo with the laughing smilie and a FAIL. He's an idiot trying to wind you and others up. There's absolutely no FAIL about that interview. In fact there's something seriously wrong with any player who doesn't think the ideal scenario for them is to win and believes in themselves to win. She's been out injured for a long time and she wasn't able to do win today in her 1st tournament back. The better player won today. There's still lots of positives for her to take and of course she'll look forward to Wimbledon.

Saying Venus deliberately tanked and lied because she had to (i.e. lie to get away with something that is illegal) is both disrespectful to Dani and Venus.

cowmoonski
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Daniella played the match of her life.

HippityHop
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM
What a stupid post. Of course Hantuchova can be congratulated. Beating Venus Williams on grass is a big feat and I'm sure you know it was the first time she did it in 10 previous attempts. So you can now explain further what you find pathetic.

Venus can be 75 years old and lose to some 20 year old and it will still be a big deal to a lot of people.

HippityHop
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
it aint serena and venus fault that 99% of players dont win grand slams

At Wimbledon for the last 11 years it kind of is their fault. After all they've won 9 of the last 11 and in four of those they played each other in the final. So yeah it is their fault. :devil:

vixter
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Well if you believe that she was here to tank which is illegal and a liar in her interview - that's up to you. A pretty low opinion you have of her and definitely not one that all sane people will have. I don't think she's a liar. She didn't even have to volunteer that an ideal situation would be win win - she wasn't even asked directly.

As for Sammo with the laughing smilie and a FAIL. He's an idiot trying to wind you and others up. There's absolutely no FAIL about that interview. In fact there's something seriously wrong with any player who doesn't think the ideal scenario for them is to win and believes in themselves to win. She's been out injured for a long time and she wasn't able to do win today in her 1st tournament back. The better player won today. There's still lots of positives for her to take and of course she'll look forward to Wimbledon.

Saying Venus deliberately tanked and lied because she had to (i.e. lie to get away with something that is illegal) is both disrespectful to Dani and Venus.

No I really don't think J4m3ka meant that Venus tanked today... She tried, of course she tried. Dani was a bit better. But it's all according to the master plan... No lies, no 'illegal'. Just sayin' the right things. :angel:

Matze
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Give Daniela the respect she deserves for this victory, guys!!! She played amazing tennis today... I´m a Venus fan... And I know that Dani was great today... So, well done Dani...

But I know my Venus-girl... She was here in Eastbourne to get matches and not to win the tournament. Venus knows that playing 5 matches the week before a GS would kill her physically. This tournament was just to get into the groove. The real deal is within the next 2 weeks...

With that being said, the same match-up with the same great playing Hantuchova in it has the other winner on the grass-courts of Wimbledon... Venus would rise to the occasion and beating Dani most probably in 2 sets. Its just a fact. Maybe draw-gods are delivering us the proove ;-)

NZ tennis fan
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Dani :woohoo:

Im so happy for you !

Matze
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Guys, give Dani credit for her great tennis today. Please!!! She earned it and she got it!!!

But we all know, this same match on Wimbledon grass-courts will be won by Venus...

Why??? Because the Williamses play their best in a GS, not in Eastbourne...
Eastbourne was just for getting match-play... Nothing more and nothing less...

Venus is clever, so is Serena... Watch out!!!

Would love to see the draw-gods sending us the proof next week with a Serena-Vera and Venus-Dani re-match ;-)

PhilePhile
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Venus can be 75 years old and lose to some 20 year old and it will still be a big deal to a lot of people.

Venus looked younger and healthier than last year.