PDA

View Full Version : Is Serena injured again?

Navratil
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:19 AM
At 0:2 in the 3rd set Serena looked injured. Seemed like she had problems with her thigh. It was obvious at her serve.

Did anyone notice?

I was surprised she came back into the match although she lost in the end. Maybe it was good for her to have a little rest before Wimbledon.

cowmoonski
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I didn't notice that. It just seemed like her endurance was really low--especially in the last two games of the final set.

hdfb
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:31 AM
To play a 3 set match on Tuesday and then to play for over 3 hours the next day against Zvon and almost beat her, that's pretty good.

Serena has got what she wanted from this tournament. She knows from these 2 matches where she is at and what she has to focus on in the next few days.

Navratil
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Yes, the match was very long :)

And Serena sometimes moves a little weird. Its not - lets say - elegant and sometimes it just seems like she was injured :D

bandabou
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM
but oh the backhand, the backhand on the second mp! :hearts: :worship:

homogenius
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:43 AM
no she just looked out of breath and without any nrj at the start of the 3rd but after few games she was obviously feeling better.Didn't look injured to me.

SpanishSuenos
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I think she isn't injured.
she's just tired after 2nd set tiebreak.
eh..if she win her serve after 5-5 it could be in tiebreak and maybe she win.
2 3-hours matches in only 2 days it too much for her.
hopfully,in wimbledon it will be better

silverwhite
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:54 AM
She just felt sore from all the tennis, according to her post-match interview

Mikey.
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I noticed, but she always does that when she starts tanking a match. :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I noticed, but she always does that when she starts tanking a match. :lol:

This.
I don't believe Serena doesn't even have some physical fitness session before her comeback. You guys seriously think she will work out her stamina or fitness after her comeback?

Coconut91
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM
This.
I don't believe Serena doesn't even have some physical fitness session before her comeback. You guys seriously think she will work out her stamina or fitness after her comeback?
Well, I didn't expect her physical condition to be much better than this when she had been out for a year and had practised for what, 3 months? I find it hard to believe that she's pretending to be unfit or tanking a match when playing matches is what she needs most at this point in my opinion :shrug:

KBlade
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
This.

This.

I actually think she looks to be in pretty good shape. Not her peak, but there's no denying she looks fit, and really, that's all that matters if she's going to take the big titles.

It's like all these people declaring before her comeback that Serena was getting short of breath easily. If she was getting short of breath easily in simple practice sessions, how was she able to under-take streneous fitness training to get herself back into good physical condition?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I didn't expect her physical condition to be much better than this when she had been out for a year and had practised for what, 3 months?

Barely 1 month.

3 months ago she had suffered from a hematoma and pulmonary embolism (was announced on March 2nd) and was in the hospital.

Miracle Worker
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Well, I didn't expect her physical condition to be much better than this when she had been out for a year and had practised for what, 3 months? I find it hard to believe that she's pretending to be unfit or tanking a match when playing matches is what she needs most at this point in my opinion :shrug:

She doesn't need a lot of matches before Wimbledon. She had in Eastbourne 6 long sets - and I think it's enough for her. I don't think she will be able to play another long match just before Wimbledon without any good fitness preparation before her comeback. Of course she said she had a lot of fitness sessions before this tournament, but what else she could tell us?

Now she has almost 2 week of break - few days before Wimbledon and some easy players in first rounds of Wimbledon. And she didn't pretend to be unfit. She is unfit, as always after long breaks.

young_gunner913
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Yesssssssssss. Easily one of the best points of the year right there. Vera was throwing everything in that rally just hoping Sarin would go down and then she comes up with that GOAT winner. :drool:

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
GrassGOAT :hug:

bandabou
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yesssssssssss. Easily one of the best points of the year right there. Vera was throwing everything in that rally just hoping Sarin would go down and then she comes up with that GOAT winner. :drool:

Yep...amazing.

eck
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM

That pretty much was one of the points of the year. The occasion, the risk, just :worship: