PDA

View Full Version : The Happpy for and proud of Wozzy Poll

Chrissie-fan
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Just for fun....If it was up to you and you can choose three, what tournament wins or other type of achievements between now and, say, 14 months from now would make you the happiest?

Burisleif
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Very tempted by option 10 :)

The Reff
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Well I'm pretty proud already, but to be honest any slam or the Olympics would make me immensely proud.
I voted for what I saw as the most likely acheivements: USO, Olympics and the 14 months prolongation at no 1 :)

Chrissie-fan
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Well I'm pretty proud already

I know. We ALL are proud of her. For me she doesn't HAVE to do any of those things because I know that she'll always try as hard as she can, and that's all we can ask for. But if she can do any of these things I'd be very happy for her.

I voted for Wimbledon, Olympic gold and the US Open.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Very tempted by option 10 :)
:lol: I would pay money to be able to see the expression on the faces of GM trolls if that would happen. ;)

DownInAHole
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Looks like none of us so far find the Australian Open or Roland Garros to be among the things we most want Caroline to win.

Wimbledon would be a fantastic win for her, great to get that slamless number one tag off of her back.

The US Open would be great because that was where she had her first deep run at a slam.

Olympic gold would be very special, especially for her country. I imagine that would cement Caroline as one of Denmark's greatest ever athletes.

Burisleif
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Olympic gold would be very special, especially for her country. I imagine that would cement Caroline as one of Denmark's greatest ever athletes.

It would get her on the list for sure. Despite being a small country we do pretty well for our size at the olympics.

Paul Elvstrøm won gold at four consecutive Olympics. :)

GAWOZFAN
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Just added to the statistical leaders so far. Obviously because of where we are in the year/season, I would love to see a Wimbledon victory and since she has performed well in New York the past few years, US Open is right behind.

Olympic gold would also be cool for her and for Denmark. Realistically, she probably has 2 shots for gold (possibly 3 if she sticks around long enough) in 2012 and 2016.

terjw
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Where we are in the season really dictated my choices: Wimbledon, USO and YEC. I'm sure if this poll was started just before the AO or RG - that would get votes. Olympics just can't consider inn front of these others until next year.

I was tempted to go for the beating Venus and Serena 3 times. But it was so over the top. Realistically - how many times will they play. I mean I'd be so so happy if she played them and beat them the 1st time. I might be getting a bit blase about it if it happened three times on the trot to both of them and that hypothetical experience would not be a patch on a first win against them. I was really thrilled for Vera today and the way she didn't give up. I'd have been even more if that had been Caro.

DownInAHole
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Where we are in the season really dictated my choices: Wimbledon, USO and YEC. I'm sure if this poll was started just before the AO or RG - that would get votes. Olympics just can't consider inn front of these others until next year.

I was tempted to go for the beating Venus and Serena 3 times. But it was so over the top. Realistically - how many times will they play. I mean I'd be so so happy if she played them and beat them the 1st time. I might be getting a bit blase about it if it happened three times on the trot to both of them and that hypothetical experience would not be a patch on a first win against them. I was really thrilled for Vera today and the way she didn't give up. I'd have been even more if that had been Caro.

Interesting that you prioritise the YEC over Olympic gold. Hopefully Caroline will be in the YEC every year but she will probably only get two, maybe three, shots at a gold medal.

I do agree that if this poll had taken place in January or May that the Australian Open and Roland Garros would have placed higher but I honestly think that Wimbledon and the US Open are more "important" than the other two slams. Typically you get a very random winner at Roland Garros and the Australian Open is kind of the fun and wacky slam.

I don't see getting wins over the Williams sisters as being very important. Venus has looked pretty solid in her two recent matches but I think her body is starting to break down and a win over her in her present condition would not have the same meaning as beating her when she is at her best. I'm sure that Serena will improve but if she is in a similar condition as she was yesterday then I think a win over her would be slightly tainted. She was obviously having trouble with her breathing and, assuming that Caroline could keep the match close, that is something she would take advantage of and would easily win a battle of fitness. Six months from now I imagine that Serena will be in much better condition and that is when I would like to see Caroline get a win over her. In either case I would much rather that Caroline win a slam without getting a victory over them rather than beat them and not win a slam.

CWTennis
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I voted for Wimbledon, Olympic gold and the US Open.
me too! :)

Jimmie48
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I voted for Wimbledon because she would love to win that one and the US Open because it's arguably the biggest hardcourt tournament and she would once and for all prove she's the best harcourt player.

My third choice was that she's #1 14 months from now... Personally I think that's worth much more than an olympic medal.

backhandsmash
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Wozzy wins Wimbledon, US Open and takes the record for most tournament won in a 12 month period.

Yeah, I don't expect much.

terjw
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Interesting that you prioritise the YEC over Olympic gold. Hopefully Caroline will be in the YEC every year but she will probably only get two, maybe three, shots at a gold medal.

Well there's lots of nice things that would make me happy in that list. The 3rd one was always the difficullt one for me. If this poll was a year on - I'd definitely have voted for the Olympics.

One thing you have to know about me is that until before the last Olympics at Beijing - I held a view that tennis had no business being in the Olympics at all! For a long time - I held the view that the Olympics were for Track and Field but I did include swimming. Then it got to some grey areas as to what other things I was OK about but I definitely did not think any game belonged in the Olympics which had it's own competition and events if any of them were held to be above the Olympics in prestige. Tennis had its slams and I believed tennis had no business being in the Olympics.

I changed my view re tennis and the Olympics a few months before Beijing largely because of how the players felt and what they said. It seemed a bit churlish to not want tennis in the Olympics when it clearly meant so much to them. I realised if I actually had the power to prevent tennis being in the Olympics - I wouldn't have had the heart to do it. But I still to this day think of a track and field medal as a "proper medal" and Olympic gold in these other games as sort of 2nd class even though they are counted equally.

Sorry about that. I realise it is probably completely different to everyone here. But that's just what I think. Having said that - a gold medal would make Caro tremendously happy. It would mean a huge amount to her. As I say - this poll next year and I'd put the Olympics in my three choices.

Blu€
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Tough to only choose 3! Love the last option :bowdown:
Ended up voting for Wimbledon/RG/William Sisters. I can already see her winning the US or AO (damn this year :(). To win on clay or grass would be great, so much for being "useless" on clay/grass!

QuietPlease
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Wimby, USO + FO.

DownInAHole
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Wimby, USO + FO.

I have to ask, why Roland Garros over Melbourne? Three in a row would be quite an achievement. I guess a clay slam would also be a big achievement for Caroline as her game is not at it's best on that surface.

Bonfire
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:42 AM
I picked Wimbledon, U.S Open and Australian Open Champ.
If I had another pick...a Gold Medal would be awesome:)

DownInAHole
Jun 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I picked Wimbledon, U.S Open and Australian Open Champ.
If I had another pick...a Gold Medal would be awesome:)

Three in a row, eh? Someone is a little greedy.:p

Chrissie-fan
Jun 27th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Three in a row, eh? Someone is a little greedy.:p
Too much is not enough for our Wozzy! :rocker2: