PDA

View Full Version : Venus (23) has the same seeding as 2007............

liuxuan
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM
is anyone sensing a repeat???

2007 venus came in the least fancied she has been for the last decade. until today, she was even less fancied. as the 23rd seed she is lowest seed ever to win wimbledon and this year her seed is exactly the same.

she didnt lose a set from R16 onward - no-one even won 5 games in a set. I have a feeling that lightening is in fact gonna strike twice this year. she played sublime today, at a level no-one on the wta can match on grass.

i just hope she ca nbe consistent and not have a stanford 09 type scenario where shes playing out of this world then have a completely horse sh**** day like she did against bartoli in the final and lose to a totally inferior opponent due to dropping the form she has displayed all tournament

edificio
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hope so, ... but are you trying to jinx her? :eek:

liuxuan
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:47 PM
no im getting a bit too excited, i hope i dont cos if she can play like she did today for the next 2 and a half weeks we miught aswell shove wozniaki and the rest of the top 8 in the toaster right now!

s teddy
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Maria Sharapova has the same seed that she had at the 2008 AO.

In other words, this thread is completely useless.

atominside
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Maria Sharapova has the same seed that she had at the 2008 AO.

In other words, this thread is completely useless.

Is this the australian open?

sam.jones
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:52 PM
don't care about the seedings , but she is the clear favourite for the title....and I thought so before Eastbourne...
seriously, kvitova and azarenka, no way

s teddy
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Is this the australian open?

Does it matter?

atominside
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Does it matter?

yeah?

Stonerpova
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I wasn't convinced after her match against Petko, but Venus was awesome today against Ivanovic ( :facepalm: ). From what I see, the sisters and Sharapova are the favorites.

new-york
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Wait and see.

With Venus you know that there's one horrendous match in teh corner and it has yet to come.

But keep slaying. :worship:

dsanders06
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she PLAYS at a level which is good enough to win ... but I question whether her nerve could hold up. For the last two years, she's been choking away matches left, right and centre. Look at her match against Kim at the US Open in the semis last year - she played awesome for nearly two sets, then played a horror-show of a tiebreaker with about 3 double-faults. I think Kim might have pulled that one out regardless, because she's simply better than Venus on that surface - but Venus didn't even make her fight for it. And even worse was her mess against Li at the Australian Open... there's never any excuse for a professional to lose a match from 6-2, 5-3 up.

Previously, she's been immune to the mental frailty she usually shows on other surfaces, at Wimbledon .... but I'm not sure if that still holds true.

Jane Lane
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Unless Bartoli makes the final. So no. :rolleyes:

Marchino!
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Yes, and Marion will make the final beating Justine in semi...ops Justine isn't playing....
Stop making stupid threads please! ;)

RenaSlam.
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Step, hatas.

vwfan
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:52 AM
would love to see it!

really, really would.

but too soon. . .so many matches yet to play.

fifty-fifty
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:57 AM
People who seeded her probably knew this and deliberately did this. If Venus wins Wimbledon, it won't be because her seeding matches.

danieln1
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Just keep Pironkova away from her and she´s fine :haha: :haha: