PDA

View Full Version : To posters of match results

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
How about ceasing the childish pseudo-names in the result posting titles.

matty
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
How about ceasing the childish pseudo-names in the result posting titles.

I agree--it's lame

MisterMan
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Amen !! I feel like i'm in 3rd grade

Coconut91
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah it's getting a bit annoying lately.

treufreund
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I purposefully started a new thread announcing Daniela's win over Na because I think that "nickname" for Hantuchova is incredibly cruel and disgusting. I wish the moderators would consider banning it. Please post in my score thread to show support for calling players by their real name :)

debby
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Go buy a sense of humor. It is a freaking tennis forum, freaking GM, not a boring philosophical and political forum where we have actually to be a bit serious.
Sometimes it is good to behave like a kid as long as it does not hurt anyone. Nicknames, players wars and goat posters are epic.

Vincey!
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I agree. They should also always put the name of the tourney in the title and the round. it annoys me to only see Sharapova def Henin and the score.

debby
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
oh loosen up a bit ! It is not like players would be hurt by reading us. If they do, well what about the fierce competition on the field?

The Reff
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Go buy a sense of humor. It is a freaking tennis forum, freaking GM, not a boring philosophical and political forum where we have actually to be a bit serious.
Sometimes it is good to behave like a kid as long as it does not hurt anyone. Nicknames, players wars and goat posters are epic.

Well, then we certainly could be on to something in here :)

debby
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I agree. They should also always put the name of the tourney in the title and the round. it annoys me to only see Sharapova def Henin and the score.

Yeah the last time it happened, Maria was not yet called Martha, neither was Henin with JuJu Heng :tape: thanks na goat :hearts:

treufreund
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah the last time it happened, Maria was not yet called Martha, neither was Henin with JuJu Heng :tape: thanks na goat :hearts:

Yes, let's just take a syllable out of everyone's name and repeat it. That is so creative. ;):p

BepaMaria
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:16 PM
This is TF, a place full of lame and childish people. Learn to accept that and have at least a little sense of humor. If you can't stand seeing all these pseudo names, you can choose not to browse the forums.

Apoleb
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM

This. As long as we know who are the players involved.

Temperenka
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I don't mind a little bit of creativity, but sometimes it is very difficult to sort through all the crap in the thread title to figure out what the actual match result was.

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM
It's a pain in the ass if you dont live on the board...just post the players names and then have fun with the rest of the thread...

treufreund
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
It's a pain in the ass if you dont live on the board...just post the players names and then have fun with the rest of the thread...
YESSSSSSSS!! Exactly!!! Not everyone can keep track of all of these crazy "nicknames"!

The Dawntreader
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Yes. I'm sick of these constant in-joke nicknames where you have no idea who the fuck just won or lost.

debby
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM
lol if you count on gm only to check tennis results, that's a bit stupid coz wtatour.com is there for that :facepalm:
But these Chinese or random journeywomen nicknames are sometimes hard to get :hysteric:

sova
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Typical French,you people behave like kids about everything.:eek:

jbeacinu
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
While some of them are funny, some are not. Too bad we cannot limit which ones to use because most are over the top. But I do feel like it gives a little spice to the thread names and without them it would be rather boring.

The Reff
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
lol if you count on gm only to check tennis results, that's a bit stupid coz wtatour.com is there for that :facepalm:
But these Chinese or random journeywomen nicknames are sometimes hard to get :hysteric:

Well, it shouldn't be necessary to double check though, or should it?

@danieln1
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:58 PM
What the hell??? They´re funny...... some people really need some sense of humor....

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I don't mind nicknames (and use them myself) but it is nice to give us a hint, i.e. Martha Sharapova as opposed to just Martha as some people do.

FWIW, I find calling TOB Martha hilarious, yet lame at the same time.

debby
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Typical French,you people behave like kids about everything.:eek:

Did I ever call you a dictator/communist who approves these massive murders in Tibet ? (your flag is China) No.
So please, stop with the clichés, thanks.

V-MAC
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'd like to hear the opinions of the mods on this?

Marlene
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I don't mind nicknames (and use them myself) but it is nice to give us a hint, i.e. Martha Sharapova as opposed to just Martha as some people do.

FWIW, I find calling TOB Martha hilarious, yet lame at the same time.

BTW, what's TOB? Toaster oven broiler, thugged out bitch, tracker outer barrel, twisted open bitline, tons per operative brake, temple owls basketball, training of blasters...?

Kworb
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Who relies on TF for match results? :weirdo: There are better, more convenient places to check.

Marlene
I'd like to hear the opinions of the mods on this?

Here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=19730109#post19730109).

Polikarpov
I'm okay with using nicknames as long as it's generally known.

Javi.
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
This kind of threads are also annoying and not suitable for GM :zzz: Go to bugs/errors forums please or report the post you don't like

Stonerpova
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I think they're hilarious, except when it's an obscure player I've never heard of

V-MAC
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=19730109#post19730109).

Looks like the mods are quite happy to be constantly editing thread titles.