PDA

View Full Version : Serena vs Vera: the biggest mental strength differential EVER?

AcesHigh
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I feel so bad for Zvonareva. Even if Serena was 500 lbs, she would still win against such a mental midget.

doni1212
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Serena was trying her hardest to tank and Vera just wouldn't let her, :rolls:

Singleniacki
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Vera is being robbed by the line judges, Serena's goat mental strength and a bit of luck aren't helping her

DownInAHole
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
The match is not over yet.

Level55
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Vera has always had an fantastic game but struggled mentally. She has improved though.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Serena won 13 GS while Bepa only 2 GS finals.:shrug:

ANyway, seems like Serena's gonna tank this finally.:p She has done everything she's trying to experiment in this match.:p

Mightymirza
Sarin herself was quite a mental midget in the second set to be honest :tape:

BartoLiNa
Nice jinx :spit:

eck
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
:lol: What a jinx.

olivero
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
TF jinx strikes again :lol:

BepaMaria
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Bullshit. Good try, but she won the match in the end. Nice jinx thread:lol:. Zvonareva's mental strength is one of the best on the tour and today she displayed her fighting qualities again, coming back from a break in the 2nd and regrouped after Serena broke back. Her 11-3 3 set win-loss record this year shows it. The biggest differential is between Sharapova and Safina.

AcesHigh
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Zvonareva's mental strength is one if the best on the tour

Joke of the day!!! :sobbing:

Anyways, I didnt expect Serena to stop moving completely :shrug: Vera got lucky

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Joke of the day!!! :sobbing:

Indeed. After saving the match points, she just seemed passive again during her last service game and so on.:shrug:
Perhaps she just wants to prove to herself how good Bepa is mentally anyway before eventually tanking.:p

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Bullshit. Good try, but she won the match in the end. Nice jinx thread:lol:. Zvonareva's mental strength is one of the best on tour and today she displayed her fighting qualities again, coming back from a break in the 2nd and regrouped after Serena broke back. Her 11-3 3 set win-loss record this year shows it. The biggest differential is between Sharapova and Safina.

You're a fine person and a loyal fan , but when it comes to at least finals, sorry, Vera still cracks mentally.

Great fightback where she showed pride at 5-4, 2nd set, but still, a few things can get to her.

Glad to see her get mad a few times instead of "sad upset" though.

And Safina has come back twice against Sharapova from big deficits, way more than Vera has with Serena, where Maria's mental strength isn't all that legendary either.

homogenius
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Zvonareva improved a lot mentally in thee past 2/3 years.Yes she choked a bit today but at the end she dealt with the pressure, the bad linecalls and got the win.The old Vera would have crumbled a million times in the same situation

Sean.
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Bullshit. Good try, but she won the match in the end. Nice jinx thread:lol:. Zvonareva's mental strength is one of the best on the tour and today she displayed her fighting qualities again, coming back from a break in the 2nd and regrouped after Serena broke back. Her 11-3 3 set win-loss record this year shows it. The biggest differential is between Sharapova and Safina.

:facepalm: Maybe you should stick to Vera's forum?

zxcVbnm88
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Zvonareva improved a lot mentally in thee past 2/3 years.Yes she choked a bit today but at the end she dealt with the pressure, the bad linecalls and got the win.The old Vera would have crumbled a million times in the same situation

The old Bepa would have lost in 2

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Serena was trying her hardest to tank and Vera just wouldn't let her,
:haha: Does it make you feel better to delude yourself into thinking Williams lost intentionally? Don't be ridiculous. She didn't. Deal with it and stop insulting her character.

Apoleb
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
:confused:

There were a lot more positives to take than negatives. She was getting humiliated as a Wimbledon finalist and a #3 seed against an opponent who hasn't played for a year, had a torn ligament, two foot surgeries and blod clots in her lung. Yet she lifted her game at the most important moment in the match. It's quite impressive how she improved from being a complete mess only a year ago.

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Maybe you should stick to Vera's forum?
Their point was a good one, nowadays Zvonareva's mental strength seems to be better than most players.

Chunchun
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM
What? It was Serena who choked from 63 53 :rolleyes:

earthcrystal
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I feel so bad for Zvonareva. Even if Serena was 500 lbs, she would still win against such a mental midget.

Just curious...is crow tasty? :p

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
An inane and woefully inaccurate opinion.

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Serena didn't stop moving completely and no, Vera didn't get lucky.

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Yeah, but I'm not sure if AcesHigh actually saw the match ;)

The Witch-king
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM

I thought she was serving at 5-4 in the second... or am I wrong?

fsfikke
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
You're a fine person and a loyal fan , but when it comes to at least finals, sorry, Vera still cracks mentally.

When was the last time you saw Vera crack in a final? She's only had one this year and she won that one (against Caro)
The RG match against Lisicki was a perfect example of a match that previously would've made her crack silly but she stayed extremely calm, pulled it together and won the match. She has improved dramatically on that front, so maybe it's time for people to stop depicting her as an emotional wreck ;)

terjw
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:55 PM
When was the last time you saw Vera crack in a final? She's only had one this year and she won that one (against Caro)
The RG match against Lisicki was a perfect example of a match that previously would've made her crack silly but she stayed extremely calm, pulled it together and won the match. She has improved dramatically on that front, so maybe it's time for people to stop depicting her as an emotional wreck ;)

Exactly - she controls her emotions so much better nowadays.

goldenlox
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Vera in the last year has 2 slam finals and a SF
90% of the your wishes they can do that.
Vera is not HoF (yet), but a very solid player, much better than most of the tour.

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Aces, we liked you better when you were a Serena hater :rolleyes:

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Meant Grand Slam finals.

The Wimbledon final I can understand, though she was still down........The US Open final was an utter nightmare, and I was hoping she would make that a great match.

theFutureisNow
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Aces, we liked you better when you were a Serena hater :rolleyes:

Was he really?

I guess I thought he's always been a Williams troll.

justineheninfan
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Vera won the match. :rolleyes: And it was Serena who went into a 3rd set after serving to win it in 2 sets. Huge fail thread.

kman
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM

You post this after a-lot-fitter-than-500-pound Serena just LOST to Zvonareva?

haha, definition of fail? :lol:

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Was he really?

I guess I thought he's always been a Williams troll.

IIRC the only times I've ever seen him post re:Serena before embolism-gate was to criticize her or antagonize her fans.

TheHangover
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Fail

fsfikke
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Meant Grand Slam finals.

The Wimbledon final I can understand, though she was still down........The US Open final was an utter nightmare, and I was hoping she would make that a great match.

I was very disappointed too. But her mental game has improved tremendously since, so it's silly to act like she's still the same player she was a year ago.

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I was very disappointed too. But her mental game has improved tremendously since, so it's silly to act like she's still the same player she was a year ago.

I don't agree with that. She was not competitive in Australia, and was outtough by Pavlyuchenkova in Paris, with poor performances in other big tournaments this year.

With expectations and some pressure, there are still questions with her.

And I like Vera personally a lot. She's a wonderful and smart person.

fsfikke
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
She definitely hasn't shown a lot of brilliance yet this year :/

Grafbestever
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:24 PM
All the Vera bashing is unfair. People expect too much of her. How can people be saying she choked in slam finals, Serena on grass and Kim on hard courts playing their best will spank her regardless how she plays. What does she have to hurt them with if they bring their A-games. And at the French this year she was simply outhit by an up and comer with a bigger game. Again the match wasnt really on her racquet even there as the winners-errors stats show.

She is a solid and very good player who has capatilized on a weak time period of womens tennis to overachieve. 2 slam finals and a year end #2 ranking for someone of her abiilty level is outstanding really. Her supporters should be satisfied with the success she has, which is really more than one of her talent level ought to anyway, rather then bashing her for not doing even better.

perseus2006
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Vera was so lucky and she made a ton of tricky shots and her game was so incredibly poor that it dragged Serenka's game into the pits...

That's the way the excuses normally start, isn't it?

Isn't it interesting, though, that Vera's mental strength pulled her through. Serenka couldn't handle the pressure late in the third when it was time to step up.

Alternatively, AcesHigh, you could have simply said:

Congrats to Vera for the Win in Three!

Kudos to Serenka for the effort to go three competitive sets on her second match back.

The alternative is much nicer and more accurate that the nasty bullshit you started with, isn't it?

kris719
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
umm serena lost teehee

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:18 PM
All the Vera bashing is unfair. People expect too much of her. How can people be saying she choked in slam finals, Serena on grass and Kim on hard courts playing their best will spank her regardless how she plays. What does she have to hurt them with if they bring their A-games. And at the French this year she was simply outhit by an up and comer with a bigger game. Again the match wasnt really on her racquet even there as the winners-errors stats show.

She is a solid and very good player who has capatilized on a weak time period of womens tennis to overachieve. 2 slam finals and a year end #2 ranking for someone of her abiilty level is outstanding really. Her supporters should be satisfied with the success she has, which is really more than one of her talent level ought to anyway, rather then bashing her for not doing even better.

Vera would be the first to tell you that although they played at high levels, she played not so good, especially against Kim in Queens.

And it's not really a "weak period" but the hardest depth in the game's history, just no stability at the top.

BlameSerena
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM
When Serena beats Vera next time I don't want to hear shyte like this. Vera was "mentally" strong enough to do it today, so the next time she loses to Serena don't act like her brain is fudged up.

Aaron.
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:56 AM
:facepalm: Maybe you should stick to Vera's forum? :haha:

AnomyBC
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:16 AM
This is why people shouldn't post before the match is over :lol:

And to answer the title question, no, that would be Serena vs. Safina :)

Graftard
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Serena was outlasted physically. Pathetic that #3 in the world can't score a legit win over a player who was out of action for a year :zzz:

AnomyBC
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Serena was outlasted physically. Pathetic that #3 in the world can't score a legit win over a player who was out of action for a year :zzz:

Why is this win not legit? :confused:

Graftard
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Why is this win not legit? :confused:

Because Serena was dominating Zvonareva like a challenger level opponent until the moment she was tired and couldn't even breathe. Zvonareva used superior fitness to beat a rusty player who couldn't even play a long match.

I'll ask you this: Zvonareva coming back from 12 months lay off vs Serena in peak form. Who wins?

lefty24
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Because Serena was dominating Zvonareva like a challenger level opponent until the moment she was tired and couldn't even breathe. Zvonareva used superior fitness to beat a rusty player who couldn't even play a long match.

I'll ask you this: Zvonareva coming back from 12 months lay off vs Serena in peak form. Who wins?

That doesn't have to do with anything first of all. Second of all Vera is no where near peak form.

gc-spurs
Jun 16th, 2011, 05:14 AM

Who's seen that How I Met Your Mother episode with Katy Perry? I feel like saying, "Aww, Honey.." everytime BepaMaria posts. I mean I <3's me some Bepa, but this....

bandabou
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
:sobbing: :hysteric: Serena choked first..but then it was almost like was playing with Vera after she got down 2-5, the way she came back to 5-5 was classic.

Kudos to Vera for holding it together in the end. nice.

pav
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Why is it that barely weaned dickheads with bugger all posts still manage to win the prize for the most stupid ones:confused:

shazwil
Jun 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Great stuff from both players. Vera showed that her headcase days are behind her. Serena showed she's still got that fight in her. Cant wait for Wimbledon and well done Vera.