PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Princess Sunshine On Staying WTA #1 After Wimbledon (And Longer)

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
the only player who had a small chance of overtaking Karolina for #1 @ Wimbledon was Kim Clijsters ... and that situation needed Karolina to fall 1R and Kim to win the title and beat Romina Oprandi @ Ordina Open :p

so now with Kim's loss to Oprandi and withdraw from Wimbledon, our Princess Sunshine is guaranteed to rule the WTA rankings no matter what happens at Wimbledon ... and she will stay there until probably at least the end of the summer when she has to defend Canada / New Haven / USO SF :hearts:

weeks keep getting added to the Danish #1 reign :dance:

sam.jones
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM
and kim won't overtake her again with nearly 0 points from paris bercy to wimbledon

but maria, vika and na have a good shot after the us open

Paldias
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Lollllllllll

Jorn
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Caroline was sure to stay at No. 1 even Kim had won Wimbledon...

But now she likely stay No. 1 atleast untill after Canada Open. As Kim lose/defend Cincy winner points.

Shiffrin
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
:cheer:

AcesHigh
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Well Caro has a lot to defend this summer and fall right?

BartoLiNa
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Desperate for attention much? Can't really blame you, the sisters have only been back a few days and they have already left CopenhagenGOAT in the shade.

SAISAI-GOAT
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Caroline was sure to stay at No. 1 even Kim had won Wimbledon...

But now she likely stay No. 1 atleast untill after Canada Open. As Kim lose/defend Cincy winner points.

well yeah but if Kim had beaten Oprandi :ignore:

and you are right ... not enough points on offer until Canada Open for anybody to overtake her :drool:

but then Na, Vika and Maria may have chance :help:

BepaMaria
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
This is stupid. A huge joke:o

Londoner
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
the only player who had a small chance of overtaking Karolina for #1 @ Wimbledon was Kim Clijsters ... and that situation needed Karolina to fall 1R and Kim to win the title :p

so now with Kim's withdraw from Wimbledon, our Princess Sunshine is guaranteed to rule the WTA rankings no matter what happens at Wimbledon ... and she will stay there until probably at least the end of the summer when she has to defend Canada / New Haven / USO SF :hearts:

Who says she is 'our' Princess Sunshine?

The worst No 1 ever. An embarrassment. I'm sure she's a nice person and all that but to have her as the No 1 player in the world is just pathetic and an insult, and very very bad for the WTA. No one not on here has even heard of her.

JN
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
That's right. Her days are numbered so you'd better savor every one you can. :lol:

Burisleif
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
well yeah but if Kim had beaten Oprandi :ignore:

and you are right ... not enough points on offer until Canada Open for anybody to overtake her :drool:

but then Na, Vika and Maria may have chance :help:

Edit your OP than please Na-FUD.

and don't forget the line:

"I apologize for my factually inaccurate attempt at shit stirring"

Mistress of Evil
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Каролина Велика :bowdown:

stangtennis
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
the only player who had a small chance of overtaking Karolina for #1 @ Wimbledon was Kim Clijsters ... and that situation needed Karolina to fall 1R and Kim to win the title :p

so now with Kim's withdraw from Wimbledon, our Princess Sunshine is guaranteed to rule the WTA rankings no matter what happens at Wimbledon ...
Caro will have 9915 points on Monday and is defending 280 points at Wimbledon.
Clijsters will have 8125 points on Monday and is defending 500 points at Wimbledon.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...0#post17302760 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=17302760#post17302760)
(9915-280) - (8125-500) = 2010

So before Clijsters withdrew Caro was already sure to stay #1 after Wimbledon even if Caro lost in R1 and Clijsters won the title.
A Major title is only 2000 points, so Caro would still be #1 after Wimbledon even if Clijsters had won the title and Caro had withdrawn before R1.

DownInAHole
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Who says she is 'our' Princess Sunshine?

The worst No 1 ever. An embarrassment. I'm sure she's a nice person and all that but to have her as the No 1 player in the world is just pathetic and an insult, and very very bad for the WTA. No one not on here has even heard of her.

Caroline's results as number one are much more impressive than Ana Ivanovic's.

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
World number 1 :worship:

PMBH
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM

so now with Kim's withdraw from Wimbledon, our Princess Sunshine is guaranteed to rule the WTA rankings no matter what happens at Wimbledon ... and she will stay there until probably at least the end of the summer when she has to defend Canada / New Haven / USO SF :hearts:

I think it's a fairly safe bet that Caro will remain no. 1 for the rest of the year. She has already won five tournaments and the best part of her season is still to come. If she can make a deep run in Wimby - which is very likely although she won't win it - she won't even need to defend all of her points from last year in the remaining season. Especially since Kim now seems to be out of the picture again.

TennisFan66
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
That's right. Her days are numbered so you'd better savor every one you can. :lol:

Same claim was made during last years Beijing Premier Mandatory. How did that work out for ya?

Drake1980
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
:dance:

The Reff
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Somebody's going for the "Most Blatant Baiting of the Year Award" ...

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I hope she stays #1 forever so I have an excuse to laugh at her. :crying2:

Njalle
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
It would've been awesome if she could've been #1 for the entire 2011, but Kim prevented that unfortunately... :bounce:

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
What an epic #1!

Lucemferre
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I see another yearend no1 and Player of the year award unless Li wins one more major and ends year at no2 at the very least because anything less than no2 will cost her ITF's award vs no1 Wozniacki who will probably be close to 10 titles by then.
If Caro wins us open then it's over she is POY again.But if Li wins two majors even without the no1 ranking, ITF must recognize her for her historic achievements as first Chinese major winner. She will win WTA's player of the year award for sure. We'll see who's gonna win ITF's.

kman
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Kim couldn't even make it past 2nd round at French Open. She wouldn't have caught up anyway.

kman
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I hope she stays #1 forever so I have an excuse to laugh at her. :crying2:

Your so-called "laugh" is only a thin veil for your despair and anguish :devil: I'm enjoying every second of it.

JN
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Same claim was made during last years Beijing Premier Mandatory. How did that work out for ya?

Was Serena playing then? I don't think she was, but please forgive me if I'm wrong.