PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters out of Wimbledon

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Just saw the Tweet

@Wimbledon - Kim Clijsters has been forced to withdraw from The Championships after injuring her foot. "I'm very very disappointed" she said

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1316968681/logo_normal.png
Wimbledon (http://twitter.com/#!/Wimbledon) Wimbledon

Kim Clijsters has been forced to withdraw from The Championships after injuring her foot. "I'm very very disappointed" she said

eck
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
:speakles:

Oh Kim :hug:
Get well soon.

kwilliams
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Get better soon, Kim.

backhandsmash
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Wasn't gonna make it very far in the tournament anyway, I think.

Spice
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Kim Clijsters has withdrawn from the Third Grand Slam of the year due to her ankle injury.

"I’m very very disappointed to have to withdraw from Wimbledon after injuring my foot again at the tournament in ‘S Hertogenbosch. At this moment I feel frustrated that it has to happen now before one of my favourite tournaments. I’ve always enjoyed being a part of the Wimbledon atmosphere but I have no other choice now but to rest, recover and to not play tennis for a few weeks."

Adrian.
:lol:

She just knew she has no chance on grass, that's why she is out :p

Shaun:::
:oh:

Sportfan
Get well for the hardcourts.

Adrian.

Like Woz? :hehehe::oh:

gc-spurs
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sucks for her. Oh well, better than to force the issue and do sig damage.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bigcry:

vozas
Kim's gonna retire before the end of the season. Watch.

John.
Kim :hug: Gutted :sobbing:

vexxx
Kim :hug:

Does this mean that Pironkova has chance to be seeded now?

ViceUltramontain
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM

She's the fourth best active player on grass behind the Williams and Maria and Wimbledon is her favourite GS tournament. She's out because she's injured.

madmax
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
consolation prize for Petra at least

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
:(

.Andrew.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Get well soon, Kim. :sad: :hug:

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Aren't you a charmer.

swim4life227
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Probably should have bypassed the FO in hopes of playing Wimbledon. Don't blame her for playing the FO, who wouldn't want to give it a crack with that type of field?

SAISAI-GOAT
WTF Serena should have been seeded #5 so she can become #4 now :mad:

The Witch-king
Awww bye :wavey:

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
She doesn't even give a damn anymore.

:spit:

Yes. She should play with an injured ancle and make her injury even worse. Some people on here :rolleyes:

ViceUltramontain
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:34 PM
And it's a new injury caused by her fall from yesterday. It has nothing to do with the wedding one. She'll have 4 weeks of rest and then American hardcourts.

Marionated
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
:sad: :hug: so unlucky.

roelc
WTF Serena should have been seeded #5 so she can become #4 now :mad:

does it really matter???
or are u afraid she might face wozniacki, or zvonareva too early ...

poor kim, it really sucks :(

Adrian.
:hug:@ all Clijsters fans, but she is out of form and doesn't want to lose again against a Rus or Chan or Mayr...that's why she said: Good-Bye :bigwave:

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
TennisForum.com.....

The only place where anyone would question and make fun of Kim Clijsters' heart and integrity.

Just idiots.

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
:hug:@ all Clijsters fans, but she is out of form and doesn't want to lose again against a Rus or Chan or Mayr...that's why she said: Good-Bye :bigwave:

No. She's injured. And anyone laughing at an other player injured is an embarassment for the player he/she supports. Players want to beat each other fair and square, no one's hoping for an other player to be injured and to just laugh at it makes you unworthy of supporting any player at all.

Mikey.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
No way! :sad:

sam.jones
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
oh no...that hurts

Uranus
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Adrian, call us when Marta beats one of them ;).

I think she's going to retire soon. Won't keep up in 2012 imo.

Serenita
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Kim's gonna retire before the end of the season. Watch.
THIS

Svetlana)))
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
:spit: She should just sign up for the AO & the USO.

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM
THIS

Is that why she stated she passionately wants to play the 2012 Olympics less than 2 weeks ago? :)

TennisGrandSlam
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM
so sad !!!

Adrian.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
So tell me: She loses to Rus, then harldy can win against Monica and in the end she loses against Oprandi, who outplayed her.
So from where the injury comes now? Even if she is fallen to the ground or sth., why hasn't she retired then? :shrug:

it's not like I call her a bitch or cheater or anything like that, but it's hard for me to belive...

:angel::)

sluggahjells
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
So tell me: She loses to Rus, then harldy can win against Monica and in the end she loses against Oprandi, who outplayed her.
So from where the injury comes now? Even if she is fallen to the ground or sth., why hasn't she retired then? :shrug:

it's not like I call her a bitch or cheater or anything like that, but it's hard for me to belive...

Um, because she's actually injured and din't know the severity until AFTER the match.

Geesh, crazy thinking. :rolleyes:

AcesHigh
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM

Did you see her match against Monica or her fall? or when she was in tears after?

STFU

tennnisfannn
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:51 PM
TennisForum.com.....

The only place where anyone would question and make fun of Kim Clijsters' heart and integrity.

Just idiots.
At least we don't discriminate aroundhere, everybody gets attacked including those who dare become no. 1 by amassing points. We only respect death.

Elwin.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Oh Adrian,

sometimes you're really a mess :hysteric:

Kim :hug:

Adrian.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Did you see her match against Monica or her fall? or when she was in tears after?

STFU

No I didn't, but then I'm not playing the match till end or the next day...:weirdo:

AcesHigh
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:56 PM
No I didn't, but then I'm not playing the match till end or the next day...:weirdo:

What does that have to do with anything? She tried to see if she could play on it..especially since Wimbledon is next week.

She fell, she was in pain, she was in tears later... you posting without knowing that just makes you look stupid to everyone.

Adrian.
Jun 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
What does that have to do with anything? She tried to see if she could play on it..especially since Wimbledon is next week.

She fell, she was in pain, she was in tears later... you posting without knowing that just makes you look stupid to everyone.

You said she injured against Monica, she wrote on twitter that she injured herself against Oprandi, so what now? :shrug:
I know, it doesn't matter, still...:p

Londoner
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Awful news. But somehow I'm not surprised. In another thread I said I thought Kim wouldn't be retiring this year, but now I wouldn't be surprised. This, motivation, sibling for Jada, millions in the bank, 3 extra slams plus YEC. Pretty much as good as it could get.....

Shivank17
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
:awww:
Kim :hug: Gws!

olivero
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
she would lose to some scrub anyway so I guess I'm kinda happy :shrug:

ViceUltramontain
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM
You said she injured against Monica, she wrote on twitter that she injured herself against Oprandi, so what now? :shrug:

Nobody said that. Read the post again.

wateva
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
stfu if u have nothing nice to say. :rolleyes:

Geertvg
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Fail.

danieln1
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Recover for US Open, her favorite tournament.

At least it was before the draw...

Adrian.
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:18 PM

STFU

here you have :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
This is very saddening :sad: I just hope this isn't very serious. Hopefully with some extended time off she'll be fit for the US hard court season :)

Betty
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Are You Now Satisfied Kimbaschers? And She Told It Long Before The Draw! Get Better Soon Kim.

siddharthrajpal
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
source- www.wimbledon.org

this was supposed to be her last wimbledon and it was always her dream to win it

P.S- porry if this is posted previously!

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
That really, really, really sucks! I was looking forward to a major in which all the best players participated.

Roookie
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Whatever Kim...USO may be her last slam

timafi
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM

comparing a 4x slam champion and 2x Wimbledon semifinalist and 2x FO finalist to Caroline?

Caroline has NEVER gotten past the 4th round at Wimbledon so bitch please quit talking out of ass:rolleyes::tape: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BlueTrees
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm so sad. :sad:

But at least Tsveti will be seeded. :)

gmak
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
fuck :sad: :( not again
didn't expect her to go far but still :sad:

hope she's fine for the US Open series :scared: :hug:

ViceUltramontain
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
She loves Wimbledon and wants to win it someday. I actually think it will motivate her to play until the Olympics.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM
:crying2:

Ntosake
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Get well soon, Kim!

Belmont Lad
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:33 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing:

goldenlox
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
She should not have rushed beack for the FO, but I understand it, she was going for 3 majors in a row.
Now she can take her time to recover

CWTennis
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Get well soon Kim! :hug:

muniu
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM
:sobbing: :bigcry:

vwfan
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
expected. :wavey:

pedropt
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM
:bigcry:

:weirdo: + :help: + :rolleyes: @ haters saying she's faking it. Like she did with her shoulder in IW against Bartoli right? Oh and she also had a tape on her foot since she came back just to make her version believable. This Kim girl, what a liar :facepalm:

Matt01
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
comparing a 4x slam champion and 2x Wimbledon semifinalist and 2x FO finalist to Caroline?

Caroline has NEVER gotten past the 4th round at Wimbledon so bitch please quit talking out of ass:rolleyes::tape: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Where did the poster compare Kim to Caro and what does Caro have to do with this thread? :scratch: (yeah, nothing :rolleyes:)

And Adrian: :facepalm:

dsanders06
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Oh Kim. :'(

Probably for the best, all things considered. No point f-ing up her ankle even more by playing a tournament she probably isn't going to win anyway.

If she recovers in time, I hope she plays atleast 3 warm-ups for the US Open - she REALLY needs matches.

dsanders06
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Awful news. But somehow I'm not surprised. In another thread I said I thought Kim wouldn't be retiring this year, but now I wouldn't be surprised. This, motivation, sibling for Jada, millions in the bank, 3 extra slams plus YEC. Pretty much as good as it could get.....

This kind of reasoning is illogical. If money was her motivation, why would she have originally retired? She was still comfortably making Slam semis at the end of her first career without giving a damn, so she would've found it easy to keep raking in money if that was her primary concern.

The actual reason she retired is because she thought she didn't need tennis in her life to be happy; then, when she retired, she realised that something was missing in her life and that she wanted to play tennis again. Why would she stop now, just because she's got a lot more money and some more Slams? That was never the issue anyway. Assuming this ankle injury doesn't become chronic, she isn't going to properly retire for a long while. Like I said in the thread the other day, I think it's likely she'll start adjusting her schedule (for instance, I can see her skipping Australia most years seeing as that will be in such an incovenient time/place when her daughter starts school in Belgium... but the other Slams will either be close to home or during school summer holidays, so she could carry on playing those), and she might take occasional long breaks from the game if she wants to have another child, or if she feels really worn down. But she knows from her first retirement that, if she says she's leaving forever while she's still physically healthy, she'll regret it.

Chrissie-fan
Jun 15th, 2011, 06:55 PM
:bigcry:

:weirdo: + :help: + :rolleyes: @ haters saying she's faking it.
Yes, but it's of course the haters that are faking that they don't believe she's injured. They know very sell that the injury is for real. They just want to make you and other fans angry. That's how haters & trolls always operate - post an insult or say something stupid that they hope will ruffle your feathers, and if it does the'll have a good laugh about it.

Sonja1989
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:05 PM
It is sad... really bad. :sobbing: Her last months have been just discontinuous. :sad:

backhandsmash
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM

I wasn't bitching on Clijsters, I was only being realistic. Going into Wimbledon semi-injured would never work.

And why are you bringing Woz into this?

Craig.
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Wow.

Grafbestever
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Who cares. She wasnt a contender anyway. Her year is about defending her U.S Open title and WTA Championship titles. Those will be her main focus.

Halepsova
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Get ready for the US Open then.

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Poor Kim:sobbing:

edificio
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM
What a shambles.

The ankle is tricky.

Now she can regroup for the hard courts in the summer.

Linguae^
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
No, no and no. :sad: :crying2:
Why this one, why. :sobbing:
Get well soon, this is not good. Gonna lose some important points and a GS appearance. Kim, we need your form soon. :sad: :sad:

vejh
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Oh no! Justine!

Reptilia
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:02 AM
:sad: What a shame. Would have been nice to have all the top girls playing the same tournament for once.

Graftard
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:45 AM
She was never gonna be a factor in London anyway. Not with that serve.

peanuts
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:44 AM
This is :sad:.

ViceUltramontain
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
She was never gonna be a factor in London anyway. Not with that serve.

She has always been a factor in Wimbledon. Except for her 2002 loss against Likhovtseva (Kim was suffering from a shoulder injury and Elena reached the quarters after that), she has only lost to players that have played a GS final : Graf, Davenport, Venus, Zvonareva, Myskina and Henin. She's not losing to scrubs on grass because she's a better grasscourter that you think.

Juju Nostalgique
Jun 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Petra in top-8, that's what matters most! :rocker2:

cellophane
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I think she'll be back and defend the US Open though :)

Maria rocks
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Just saw the Tweet

@Wimbledon - Kim Clijsters has been forced to withdraw from The Championships after injuring her foot. "I'm very very disappointed" she said

Yeah course she is. :lol: she'll be back for hard court and prob win it. One court Kim.

Smitten
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
She was not going to win the title anyway. She saved herself from another embarrassing loss potentially to someone worse than Zvonareva.