PDA

View Full Version : What is The Scariest Movie Ever?

AnywhereButHome
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
:confused: any suggestions ???

Betten
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I thought The Descent was pretty scary, but I haven't seen many scary movies.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
The Thing.

PhilePhile
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM
VG9AGf66tXM

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I watch so many horrors, so noting so scary for me..
BUT, I must say that The Exorcist isn`t so scary, but it has something strange in it...every time I wacth it.
Some mixed emotions.

skanky~skanketta
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
For me it's The Exorcist. 6th Sense too. Thankfully the ending helped me quell my fears a little bit.

Helen Lawson
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I Want To Live! My gas chamber scene where I'm blindfolded and they drop the cyanide tablets had people quaking in their seats!

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Not sure about entire movies, but for me this is the scariest opening. I was about 6 or 7 when I first watched it not knowing what the movie was about and I had no idea what I was in for. :sobbing:

LsksjUVpWcg

FORZA SARITA
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
i'm the only one who laughs watching The Exorcist?:lol:
the spider walk is priceless :happy:
i don't think i find some movies scary but i have to close my eyes during some Saw scenes because they're just too disgusting :o

donniedarkofan
Jun 15th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Blair Witch Project.

Pasta-Na
Jun 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.filmlinks4u.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Darkness-Falls-2003-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online1.jpg

GoofyDuck
Jun 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Saw

Beat
Jun 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Not sure about entire movies, but for me this is the scariest opening. I was about 6 or 7 when I first watched it not knowing what the movie was about and I had no idea what I was in for. :sobbing:

:eek: my son is 7 now and i can't imagine what would happen if he watched a movie like this. how did you get to watch it anyway??

i find the word "scary" a little vague . stuff like "saw" is gross, but not really scary. hitchcock movies like "psycho" or "the birds" work more on a psychological level. i think i find those "scarier".

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
:eek: my son is 7 now and i can't imagine what would happen if he watched a movie like this. how did you get to watch it anyway??

My parents were watching it. They should've sent me to bed. :o

Kart
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
This is the scariest film I've seen in recent years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCU0k_jbCUo

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Joe Bob Briggs claims it's "A Chorus Line."

I always found "Rosemary's Baby" scarier than "The Exorcist." "The Descent" got to me, but I'm also claustrophobic to begin with.

"Saw" and most movies of that ilk mostly remind me that evolution is about survival of the fittest and I find them stupid/boring.

The interesting thing to me is if you go back and watch the original "gore" flicks like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Halloween" is that they're not really that gory. Those are both pretty scary, btw.

I love horror movies, including classic old ones like "Nosferatu" and all the Universal '30s ones, but I can't say very many of them scare me. Real life is scary enough once you have kids out running around.

Plus fear is like humor--it's kind of subjective. I know movies like "Saw" and "Exorcist" scared plenty of my friends, who in turn think "Rosemary's Baby" is just plain stupid.

Miss Amor
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM

I always found "Rosemary's Baby" scarier than "The Exorcist." "The Descent" got to me, but I'm also claustrophobic to begin with.

"Saw" and most movies of that ilk mostly remind me that evolution is about survival of the fittest and I find them stupid/boring.

The interesting thing to me is if you go back and watch the original "gore" flicks like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Halloween" is that they're not really that gory. Those are both pretty scary, btw.

I love horror movies, including classic old ones like "Nosferatu" and all the Universal '30s ones, but I can't say very many of them scare me. Real life is scary enough once you have kids out running around.

I was expecting you to come here and mention some demented match that never happened.

égalité
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:31 PM
this :crying2:

yhsrsWcEspc

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I was expecting you to come here and mention some demented match that never happened.

But how could it be the scariest movie if IT NEVER HAPPENED?

(which it didn't).

Now I'm all depressed, just thinking about it. Even though it didn't happen. :bigcry:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
RG final 2004

:oh:

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 15th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I need to mention that being scary is so indivudal.
If You don`t like clowns, then watch ,,IT``:lol:
I must say that some japanesse horrors I`ve watch are just stunning and amazing.
Someone mentioned Hitchocock, my fave director, but i never consider his movies as horrors.
They are for me psyho thrillers or something between thriller and horrors.
You need to watch it If You wanna watch a real piece of art.

Ferg
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Agree with people who said The Descent and The Thing. The last 10 minutes of [REC] scared the absolute shit outta me too.

T_P
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Martyrs (very disturbing), The Blair Witch Project, The Descent, [REC] and Paranormal Activity 1.

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:42 PM
RG final 2004

:oh:

DO NOT NAME THE FINAL THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED!!!!!:fiery::fiery::fiery:

:secret: especially since in never happened anyway.

And to think I goodrepped you earlier today.:rolleyes:

Fantasy Hero
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM

i find the word "scary" a little vague . stuff like "saw" is gross, but not really scary. hitchcock movies like "psycho" or "the birds" work more on a psychological level. i think i find those "scarier".

totally agree with you...psycho really affects your mind for monthes after the first time you watch it! :)

la casa dalle finestre che ridono is a really scary one too :scared:

pov
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
There is no "scariest movie ever." Different people are scared by different things and different movies.

ViceUltramontain
Jun 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM
The Others from Amenabar. But it's more like psychological horror.

saul1333
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Suspiria, The Entity and Frankenstein because I was young.

More recent I think Session 9 was creepy for me.

vanillalatte
Jun 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I watched "The Blair Witch Project" when I was eleven and that was pretty scary for me :spit:

cowmoonski
Jun 15th, 2011, 09:04 PM
This is the scariest film I've seen in recent years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCU0k_jbCUo

This movie traumatized me :sobbing: .

hurricanejeanne
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:32 PM
this :crying2:

yhsrsWcEspc

This!

Adal
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:32 PM
One of the more recent movies that creeped me out was Insidious (the 1st half of the movie, then it got unbelievably shit).

New_balls_please
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The Ring!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 15th, 2011, 10:59 PM
DO NOT NAME THE FINAL THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED!!!!!:fiery::fiery::fiery:

:secret: especially since in never happened anyway.

And to think I goodrepped you earlier today.:rolleyes:

what is the final that must not be named....RG final 2004?

sorry I didn't know :angel:

Not a fan of horrors personally...can't really think of any that i've watched :lol:

miffedmax
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:27 AM
:mad: You said it AGAIN!!!!

Andy.
Jun 16th, 2011, 03:34 AM
'The Decent' and 'The Strangers' were pretty scary.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM
One of the more recent movies that creeped me out was Insidious (the 1st half of the movie, then it got unbelievably shit).

Yeah. Kind of scary, probably one of the best scary movies in recent times (says a lot about the current scary moviees qualities).:lol:

Ralph214
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
i don't think i find some movies scary but i have to close my eyes during some Saw scenes because they're just too disgusting :o

Meeeeee !!! :haha:

After watching the opening of 'Scary Movie 2', The Exorcist became a joke :oh:

Patrick S
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I couldn´t sleep for weeks after watching Eraserhead as a kid. [REC] and The Abandoned is probably the scariest movies i have seen in the last couple of years. Most of my favourite horror movies over the last 7-8 years have come from France (Inside, Martyrs, Haute Tension, Frontiére(s)), or Spain ([REC] 1 & 2, The Adandoned, The Orphanage, Pan´s Labyrinth).

Vartan
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM

:hysteric:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llx6tyrmGX1qamd4no1_500.gif

MaBaker
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Halloween(1978), Legally Blonde.

BlueTrees
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
:scared: :scared: :scared:

IjYKXr9w0QI

kwilliams
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
The Descent is a great movie...it almost scared me.

young_gunner913
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Plus fear is like humor--it's kind of subjective. I know movies like "Saw" and "Exorcist" scared plenty of my friends, who in turn think "Rosemary's Baby" is just plain stupid.

Pretty much agree with everything Max says.

I've seen tons and tons of horror movies, but the movie that had me running out of the room whenever the bad guy came on was the smoke monster in "Ferngully" "Hellraiser". "The Ring" & "The Grudge" are great mentions because they took horror to a different level most recently.

BlueTrees
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I like The Ring. The Ring 2 was just weird though. :shrug:

young_gunner913
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, most good horror movies shouldn't have sequels. :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM
i find the japanese version of The Ring way better than the american one :p

young_gunner913
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Well that's the original one. :p

Super Dave
Jun 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
rzpzpe_8gHQ

Ashi
Jun 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM
It does not fit into the horror genre, but i found 'Silence of the Lambs' pretty scary. I'd watched it as a 11 year old.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
It does not fit into the horror genre, but i found 'Silence of the Lambs' pretty scary. I'd watched it as a 11 year old.

you're right, i watched it when i was 8-9 and i didn't sleep for 2-3 days because i was scared that someone could eat me :facepalm:

bulava
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I hardly got scared enough out of horror movies. But three movies instantly clicked to my mind:

Hannibal (what a legendary performance).
No Country for Old Men (very intense acting).
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (a retarded slasher movie).

Ashi
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I found Daniel Day Lewis's character in 'Gangs of New York' :scared: too.

Dave.
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

LsksjUVpWcg

I can't watch that seriously anymore after Scary Movie did it. :sobbing:

Betten
Jun 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM

LsksjUVpWcg

Me and my sister were having a film night and we had rented this film. About halfway in this scene she asked me to turn it off :lol:

miffedmax
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:11 PM
i find the japanese version of The Ring way better than the american one :p

But the 'merican one has Naomi Watts.

I know it is a big shock that I find Naomi Watts attractive.

égalité
Jun 16th, 2011, 07:26 PM
But the 'merican one has Naomi Watts.

I know it is a big shock that I find Naomi Watts attractive.

lol :hysteric:

She does look somewhat like a certain Russian tennis player flaxen-banged goddess. Maybe she could play Lena in a horror movie about the 2004 Ro--never mind.

miffedmax
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Don't say it! It must remain UNNAMED.

But yes. I think they are somewhat similar, although of course no mere mortal can truly compare to the "flaxen-banged goddess" as you so accurately put it.

BlueTrees
Jun 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
This movie isn't exactly absolutely terrifying but it was a bit. :unsure:

GiUNsDVjCbo

delicatecutter
Jun 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
The Last House on the Left. The original one.

Patrick S
Jun 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
rzpzpe_8gHQI wouldn´t call Funny Games "scary". I see it more as a really interesting experiment in manipulating a movie audience.

cowmoonski
Jun 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
"All About Steve" :scared: .

Barrie_Dude
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:09 AM
The Brady Bunch Movie

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QF06GEDCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

V-MAC
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Blair Witch Project.

I agree.

New_balls_please
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:44 AM
The remake of Funny Games is pretty intense :unsure: :inlove:

fantic
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:30 AM
The Ring (Japanese original one; that face of the victims..:o )
The Exorcist
Sixth Sense

Stamp Paid
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Bram Stoker's Dracula scared me to DEATH until I was an adult. But I still only watch it during the daytime :lol:

Wiggly
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
The Descent has one scary scene that scared the #%%@?#???@ out of me.

And there's an Anthony Hopkins movie that I watched as a kid, he's some kind of psycho prisoner and everyone that get close to him dies.
I stopped after 20 minutes and ordered my mom to take it back to the video store immediately.

Serenita
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Centipede....never watched it but i heard its the most sickest movie ever made. And now you have part 2 which got banned in the UK.

Patrick S
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:49 AM
And now you have part 2 which got banned in the UK.The british film censors seem to think that it´s 1984 again, you know the time when the video violence debate (or maybe i should call it hysteria) was at it´s peak and just about every good horror movie ended up on the "video nasties" list. My favourite moment in this whole silliness was when they got a court order which said that all copies of The New York Ripper had to be shipped out of the country.:happy:

Keegan
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
The Strangers screwed me over badly and still does. :sad:

FERLKE
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Did you saw this movie? :scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzgXVosQOU

This one traumatized me :sad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7OqGCIcak

Mashabator
Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
i dont get scared by much. but dead silence was good.
http://gregchown.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/dead-silence.jpg

Mashabator
Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Also the blair witch project wasnt scary for me until the last bit.

Patrick S
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
We can´t have a horror movie thread without the two awesomest movies ever:

s3rqDvWaujU

_8zbV_fFkYs

Ziggy Starduck
Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
The Strangers screwed me over badly and still does. :sad:

The Strangers really got me too and I spent my youth watching thriller/scary movies :lol: :tape:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Last night I watched "Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" from 2006. For a modern-day horror movie it wasn't bad. Yeah it turned into a gore-fest eventually but the lead-up to that was actually good. :p

antonella
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:09 AM
ROSEMARY"S BABY had the best depiction of evil I've ever seen, I'm getting scared just thinking about it.

Oh! and THE BIRDS is another one.

Annie.
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I've yet to watch a "scary" movie that actually scared me. I think most of them are unintentionally hilarious. I used to act out The Exorcist scenes in class; everyone thought it was a comedy. :o

miffedmax
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Sleepless in Seattle. The thought of going from Carey Lowell to Meg Ryan is chilling in the extreme.

Joana
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I've never seen a movie that scared me. I can only find it depressing or gross, not scary.

Dav.
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Showgirls :tape:

New_balls_please
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Insidious is pretty good :cheer:

NoppaNoppa
Jul 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Helloween

Without knowing the plot. Damn that sucked. I hate to be scared.

Yorker
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I love scary movies, I generally don't get up and scream but it's those suspenseful quiet moments in them that get me the worst and for that matter:

The Strangers
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Halloween(the oldies 1,2,4,5)
The Blair Witch Project
The Shining

The one I was really just generally freaked out watching was 13 ghosts, wahhhh that guy in the head case cackling still gets me.

Sammo
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Dreamgirls

Sammo
Jul 13th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Just kidding :lol:

To be fair I've never really watched a scary movie, I've tried watching some of them but I had already seen its parody from Scary Movie so I could only laugh my ass off watching them remembering the parody, happened with the Exorcist, and the Ring :sobbing: :lol: But yeah I HAVE to watch a real scary movie

miffedmax
Jul 14th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Showgirls :tape:

OMG, that one will cause your manhood to seek refuge in your bowels.

CiCi Robson
Aug 13th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Suspiria is such a great film but "scary" isn't a word I'd use to describe it, it's just extremely creepy and atmospheric and that soundtrack!

I was pretty traumatised by "I Spit on Your Grave" and the original "The Last House on the Left" but I was barely 14 when I watched Last House >.<

"Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" are both quite scary films too and I've only just found out Marilyn Burns who played the lead in TCM has passed away this week, aged just 65 :bigcry:

Shia
Aug 13th, 2014, 06:42 PM
These are the best for me:
0bMEGtUxajY
lSy7DldFdUI
cYkGnGxQxxA
ILEMjajVo9E

Mustafina
Aug 13th, 2014, 07:13 PM
What you can't see is always scarier than what you can.

The Blair Witch Project is my favourite horror film because it plays on my psychological insecurities. Me being an outdoor-sy person didn't help either. :lol: The final stretch of the film is some hyperventilating and downright creepy stuff.

I also enjoyed (in the broadest sense of the word) the first REC in 2007. The final scene is a masterclass on how to build suspense. I could hear my heart pounding when I was watching it. One of my favourite memories of watching REC was how no one in that cinema was eating their food throughout the entire film. :lol:

Sammo
Aug 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM

I do too, it's just a whore jumping in bed screaming "Fuck me! Fuck me!". I found The Exorcist 2 pretty creepy though.

outlier
Aug 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I found movies about snuff quite scary. Tesis by Amenábar and 8MM with N. Cage. Otherwise, I don't watch horrors.

Monzanator
Aug 13th, 2014, 10:01 PM
When I was a kid the scariest movie for me was Silver Bullet :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090021/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

superstition
Aug 13th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Frozen.

If I hear that song one more time I think I might go on a rampage that could only end in tragedy. :toothy:

648-2RE4XAk