PDA

View Full Version : Why do Gays and Lesbians like the same music and sport?

renstar
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Just find it interesting growing up I loved tennis (especially womens) and Im gay and now find out so many gay guys love womens tennis.

Also gay guys have tended to love Madonna (I did growing up) and now they all seem to love Lady Gaga, Britney, Kylie Minogue etc etc.

Lesbian women tend to like the same artists too....... though not sure who are there big favourites.

Is it a woman in power that gets gay guys attention, but why do they all like the same thing? Its weird!

McPie
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:13 AM
mystery :shrug: but interesting :lol:

ampers&
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Lesbians are gays too. FYI. :sobbing:

debopero
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:48 AM
way to generalize

young_gunner913
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM
way to generalize

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

renstar
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
way to generalize

well um hullo but go to a gaga or britney concert and try count the straights, bet ull only use one hand, and lets face it nearly every male poster on tennis forum is gay........ so u could say im generally correct;)

its also been going on for generations, its called being a gay icon, much as Judy Garland was many years ago, then madonna in the 80s, britney 90s, gaga now. Re sports gay guys never really been much into football, more sports like tennis or diving etc.

They can be thought of as cliches or generalisations but I have found them to be fairly true

renstar
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:08 AM

yes but I have heard events called xyz for gay and lesbians etc..... maybe they refer to gays as being only male and lesbians, well if lesbians are gay then how come gay guys arent lesbians? :lol:

Monica_Rules
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Not sure there is a scientific reason for it.

The again i'm gay and i quite like Rugby and not just cos of the fit men

Betten
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
way to generalize

Totally. In my experience, it has been just the other way round. The real world has no place in the media.

And this forum should not be used as a reference for anything :lol:!

young_gunner913
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
well um hullo but go to a gaga or britney concert and try count the straights, bet ull only use one hand, and lets face it nearly every male poster on tennis forum is gay........ so u could say im generally correct;)

its also been going on for generations, its called being a gay icon, much as Judy Garland was many years ago, then madonna in the 80s, britney 90s, gaga now. Re sports gay guys never really been much into football, more sports like tennis or diving etc.

They can be thought of as cliches or generalisations but I have found them to be fairly true

Some of them are true. But there's lots of American gays on this board that like football, baseball, basketball etc. So there goes that argument.

miffedmax
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Even my relatively small circle of GLB friends is waaaaay more diverse that the OP is making them out to be.

My guess is that like many people he is projecting based on his own experiences and friends.

Except all lesbians play golf. This is scientifically proven. ;) :p

Helen Lawson
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Don't agree in my experience. The fag I'm currently with (though much older, yes, he's 125 years old) likes football and hockey. Never was into tennis. Due to Helen's influence, he will watch a women's tennis match if there is not shreiking and screaming, which of course means we watch like 2 matches a year. We enjoyed the ladies' French Final. He will watch a Rafa match because he thinks Rafa is hot. But I think a lot of gays like lots of other professional sports.

But there are heaps of fags at women's tournaments, so you do make a point.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I had no idea so many gay men were into women's tennis.

Then I joined this forum.

Darop.
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
way to generalize

Yep :o

Just because many lady gaga fans are gay, doesn't mean many gays are lady gaga fans.

Melange
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM

:speakles: :sobbing:

Melange
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Even my relatively small circle of GLB friends is waaaaay more diverse that the OP is making them out to be.

My guess is that like many people he is projecting based on his own experiences and friends.

Except all lesbians play golf. This is scientifically proven. ;) :p

do you like Lady Gaga, Britney, Kylie as well

Ashi
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
If we are going to generalize why stop at only music and sport? :lol:

Keegan
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
My gay friends don't like tennis full stop. The majority of gay guys I know wouldn't touch a tennis racquet in case it messes up their hair or something. I originally got into women's tennis because I fell in love with Sharapova. Even though I'm gay, I can turn ;). Alongside tennis I also enjoy winter events like skiing etc. and I also really enjoy athletics. I also watch football and rugby from time to time.

In regards to music, I can't stand Madonna. I like some songs, but despise others. Same goes for Lady Gaga. I hate 'Born This Way'. It's a ridiculous song which should have stayed in the 80's/90's. Britney is alright but again I hate a lot of her songs and Kylie, I've never listened to her enough to have much of an opinion. I prefer trance, techno and dubstep music personally. If not that, then folk or rock. Then again, my gay friends would probably die if Lady Gaga was within a mile of them.

miffedmax
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:05 PM
do you like Lady Gaga, Britney, Kylie as well

No, but I love Kate Bush and Bananarama, and believe me they had more than a few gay fans in their heydey. I think some Gaga and Kylie songs are fun, but I'm not big on Britney and wouldn't buy songs or CDs.

But yeah, I have Kate and Bananarama stuff, even a little TaTU. (My son's influence there).

Mistress of Evil
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
way to generalize

exactly :yeah:

:happy:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
way to generalize

Seriously. What's next "why do blacks like basketball", "why do Jews control the media"

Dominic
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
They don't, I hate Madonna.

duhcity
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I literally have no real life friends who watch women's tennis.
So no. They don't

Kart
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM
It's one of the ten commandments, right after 'thou shalt not wear any colour other than pink.'

pov
Jun 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
and lets face it nearly every male poster on tennis forum is gay........ so u could say im generally correct;)

See, this is an example of one type of that makes me as a straight guy annoyed with the homosexuality-as-identity people. All the polls I've read show that less than 50% of male posters on TF are homosexual, yet because that percentage is larger than on other sports forums the hai people seek to co-opt. It's a tennis forum, the straight people here aren't always going on about their sexuality so what is it with you hai people?

Not to mention if I say "all homosexuals are alike" many homosexual people will (IMO justifiably) take offense.