PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy game and character :D

Shafanovic.
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Does anyone here like the Final Fantasy games?

And if so, which one's your favourite one?

I hope there isn't already a thread, but I'm only getting back into Final Fantasy now and would be fun to discuss about FF :)

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:37 AM
*raises hand*

At least when I was younger, that is. I played FF7, FF8 and FF9 on old PlayStation :lol:

I'm old now and don't play anymore. I only play puzzle games on DS.

Shafanovic.
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:44 AM
OMG FF8 was the first one I played and I fell in love with it.

That was when I was little and now that I want to get back into it, I'm getting FF8 and 9 from eBay.

What was 7 like? Apparently it's one of the best ones, but for me. 8 and 9 are the best ones/

MH0861
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:44 AM
FF 6, 7, and 9 :drool:

I liked 4, 8 and 10 too.

Series totally lost the plot for me after 10 though :(

Shafanovic.
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:47 AM
FF 6, 7, and 9 :drool:

I liked 4, 8 and 10 too.

Series totally lost the plot for me after 10 though :(

10-2 I've played but not 10.

And I didn't like 12 because the fighting system is weird but 13 I like.

I want another really FANTASY one like 9.

dybbuk
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I played both 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics when I was younger, I loved them both. I tried 8 a year or so ago and I couldn't get into it like I did when I was a kid. I've never played any others.

MH0861
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:53 AM

10 is decent, 10-2 was meh to me and I couldn't even finish 12 :lol: Bad fighting system and BORING story! I have not even bothered with 13.

Shafanovic.
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM
10 is decent, 10-2 was meh to me and I couldn't even finish 12 :lol: Bad fighting system and BORING story! I have not even bothered with 13.

13 is quite good actually, I like it. But I don't know, it's probably not to everyone's taste

saul1333
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Love the series. First one for me was IV and it was amazing.

My favorites were 7, 10, and 12.

Agree with some that 10-2 was meh..but I would go as far and say it was bad.

12 was really really fun for me. I was not going to buy it but Dragon Quest 8 came with a demo and I tried it out one night. Loved the quests and chaining enemies. I liked to go back and poach enemies that I had problems with like Wild Sauarian and Greeden :lol: Too bad they made the enemies HP lower than the Japanese versions. I have 13 sitting around..but still have not played it.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I hated FF9 and didn't finished the first disc :lol:

FF7 is the best RPG game ever I've played. FF8 is also great.

Polikarpov
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
FF9 is so underrated. I love the visuals and the overall feel and gameplay. It's also one those rare installments where I actually cared about every characters' backgrounds.

FF13 is a linear mess. And don't get me started on FF8.:spit:

Hayato
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I love Final Fantasy too :hearts:

FFVII is something out of this world. The music, characters, storyline- it's so unique and unprecedented for it's time, and you can still play it now and be swept away by it's profundity and vision. All the characters- Aeris, Cloud, Tifa, Red XIII, Vincent, Barrett, Yuffie, Cid, Sephiroth, Bugenhagen etc - such heartwarming memories of playing that game, I could still play it again and again if I had the time. :lol:

The only thing inferior of FFVII to the other FF games are the graphics, but when you play it for hours and hours, you become used to it and it doesn't affect the level of enjoyment! Besides, the clips that play throughout are pretty good quality. If you haven't played it, I strongly recommend it because you will love it! I can't stress how great FFVII is, it's my favourite console game i've ever played!

Also played 8, 10 and part of 13. 8 is pretty good, a really great game too with interesting characters and a compelling plot, and much better graphics. And 10 is probably my second favourite, it's surely the second most popular after 7. The gameplay is probably the best, it's quicker and more thrilling, also about a group of people saving the world with a lot of depth to it.

:yeah:

Halardfan
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Final Fantasy 7 was the one I was most familiar with, and it was incredible, so deep, beautiful...it was the first time I ever shed a tear at events in a videogame!

One of the greatest games ever, with vivid characters, great story, twists and turns. I also love the fair amount of freedom one had to leave behind the main story and pursue side quests or just kill time in the arcade! I love such freedom in a game.

Can I recommend Shenmue here, which I had on the Dreamcast, it had similar great production values, and was a joy to play.

Shafanovic.
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Looks like I'm getting VII

I lost my FFIX bid on eBay with 5 seconds left and my iPhone didn't load on time for me to raise my bid :sad:

Betten
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I thought this would be a thread about Owen Pallett :o

~CANUCK~
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I started playing at 7 so I can only judge from there on. 13 was the biggest pile of shit I have ever played. I kept going because I kept telling myself it would get better and the world would eventually open up. I beat the game in less then 20 hours if I remember correctly and that was with me grinding in a few places just for shits and giggles. X-2 is the only game I haven’t finished, I have tried twice now to finish that game and I just can’t get into it.

7 and 12 are my fav’s. 8 I didn’t like the magic system, having to steal it from everyone and then if you use your magic your stats start to drop. 9 was ok, but I don’t think I liked the story line in that one to much, but its been forever since I played it.

Smitten
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:09 PM
VII, IX, and X.

domon17th
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Chris you play FF:hearts::hearts:

FF series' probably one of my favourite games, especially since I was exposed to it when I was still very young. Started with VII, played all the games up until XII where I couldn't finish. Didn't get the chance to try XIII too since I've no PS3.

Of all, I'd say I love X most. Surreal graphics (At that time), superb story, great combat system, fun and challenging side quests, and the god damn soundtrack is just divine. VII is a close second, but X stole my heart.

Serious Chris, go get FFX. X-2 is entirely optional though, not a huge fan of the sequel.

watchdogfish
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
VII is amazing, just so much emotion and depth. Aerith's theme in particular is really emotional.

I also enjoyed IV which has such a great line it - 'You spoony bard!'

VIII is ok but I couldn't get into IX or XII

Ferg
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
LOVE them. VII is the best, for its story and because it was so revolutionary, but IX was my personal favourite. X isnt far behind to those 2, VIII and then XII are fantastic too. X-2 just didnt feel like a FF game... I enjoyed it though. Not a big fan of XII. The characters were very poor which are usually the best parts of the games.

Kart
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:07 PM
FF VIII is wonderful.

I liked FF VII as well.

Shinjiro
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've never played the first three installments, and never finished FFXII (I liked the battles and the MMO feel but struggled to get into the story). I wouldn't mind trying XIII, but I'm waiting for Persona 5 to buy a PS3, haha.
FFVI is still my favourite to this day. :bounce:

iPatty
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
FFX is my favorite game of all time, across all genres. That game was just so amazing. I had something like 90+ hours of gameplay when all was said and done because I loved playing it so much and my characters (High Summoner Yuna especially) were absolute monsters by the end.

FFXIII is actually a pretty good game. I haven't finished it yet, but it's my favorite one of the games that have come since FFX. I never really got into FFVII as much as other people did but I might give it another chance at some point.

Shinjiro
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
^GOAT ending theme, along with FFVI's unbelievable medley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGBUj1jxpps&feature=related) and the FFVIII credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmEFwc5H2g). :worship:

S2m_VxSwrdk

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:03 AM
:wavey:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gLs3f0ldRjo/TVJOstlpK6I/AAAAAAAAAJs/9HR881TcoBk/s1600/ffx009.jpg

Dave.
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I grew up with VII. This thread is making me want to play it again.

None of the others quite matched up. X was good but too long for me IIRC. :lol: I tried VI but the graphics are just too much.

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
:wavey:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gLs3f0ldRjo/TVJOstlpK6I/AAAAAAAAAJs/9HR881TcoBk/s1600/ffx009.jpg

Yuna + Rikku + Auron = the dream team. :hearts:

Smitten
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Yuna + Rikku + Tidus although in hindsight Wakka is a lot more versatile and very very strong.

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I'm such an FFX fan I bought the soundtrack from Amazon not long ago. :inlove:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Yuna + Rikku + Auron = the dream team. :hearts:

Yuna + Rikku + Tidus although in hindsight Wakka is a lot more versatile and very very strong.

What was your favourite aeon?

Mine was probably Ifrit. :inlove:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:12 AM

FFX-2 sucked compared to FFX and it's the sequel of that anyway. You really should play FFX, it blows X-2 out of the water. :D

Shinjiro
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I grew up with VII. This thread is making me want to play it again.

None of the others quite matched up. X was good but too long for me IIRC. :lol: I tried VI but the graphics are just too much.I'd still kill for a GBA copy of FFVI :armed: but I can also imagine your shock. :hug: :lol:

Shafanovic.
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I bought VIII today :) YAY

And the bid for IX ends tomorrow :unsure: I hope I get it.

I had to buy VIII because I lost the bid and it ended up being cheaper buying it anyway.

The price of VIII went from $24 to $44.50 in the last minute of the bid :hysteric:

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM

The Magus Sisters of course.

Smitten
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Shiva then Valefor after the second overdrive and his hidden abilities.

domon17th
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Surprised no one likes Anime, the story behind it and the link to Seymour was estremely poignant and really deep in retrospect. Her attacks were pretty kickass as well.

Damn this thread is making me wanna play them all over again. Starting from VII. Anyone played Crisis Core on PSP? Pretty decent game too.

Rui.
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I want to play VII again :woohoo:

Is there any way to do it? :p

Ferg
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Favourite Characters :hearts whoops I might've gotten carried away.. Didnt realise the pics would be so big.

http://www.ffwa.org/ff9/images/wallpaper/freya-1024.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwO4h0EZvYvpS_OGorWYkbb4IINEUjO KL3f9rjw_PXXDeLDv4hLA&t=1
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/vi/images/d/dd/Red_XIII_Nomura_art.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe8qP1aOupiDB61y9Fm5HFoIX97Vl1j WRguomJqg09y65t2pjG&t=1
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/6/67/Cid_Portrait.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/4/41/-DoC-FFVII_VincentValentine.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWfq1MlQDUFESnDsm84eBtTXjZjxx65 eSblVDfVCSTP7FN68nBHg&t=1
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/d/d8/Lani.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/1/14/Blank-2.gif
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/25/Lulu.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/0/00/Kimahri_Ronso_artwork.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/fa/Fangwhitebrand.jpg

Stamp Paid
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
7 and 12 are my absolute favorites, still play them to this day.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Quistis of FF8 has probably the most sexual pictures made by fans :lol:

DragonFlame
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Epic series of games. I loved pretty much all except X-2. (X-2 was terrible, the whole concept with the dresses :facepalm:).

X was amazing. Easily my favourite playstation game of all-time. It was just too epic. I was mesmerized by it.

Shafanovic.
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Quistis of FF8 has probably the most sexual pictures made by fans :lol:

TILF!!!

My favourite is Rinoa. :D

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:09 AM
I bought VIII today :) YAY

And the bid for IX ends tomorrow :unsure: I hope I get it.

I had to buy VIII because I lost the bid and it ended up being cheaper buying it anyway.

The price of VIII went from $24 to $44.50 in the last minute of the bid :hysteric:

TILF!!!

My favourite is Rinoa. :D
Wow, you already have a favourite :lol:

dybbuk
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Did no one play Final Fantasy Tactics besides me? :sobbing:

Shafanovic.
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Wow, you already have a favourite :lol:

I played it when I was like 10 :lol:

And she was always my favourite.

Unfortunately I never got to finish it and I guess I'm just tying up loose ends.

Shafanovic.
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Oh and I won FFIX as well :D :D :D

I won with 4 seconds to spare and I won by 50 cents :D AJDE!

Smitten
Jun 13th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Did no one play Final Fantasy Tactics besides me? :sobbing:

I played Tactics Advanced not the original.

Midnight_Robber
Jun 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
FFVII, FFIX, and X.

I have a real soft spot for FFIX - think it gets overlooked and underestimated, but I think it had a balance of graphics, plot and gameplay and the characters were well developed and convincing. And it was kind of nice not to have an agnst ridden hero (Squall, I'm looking at you) or a naive idiot (yeah Tidus) and it felt as if everyone's story actually mattered, not just Zidane and Garnett. I got hooked on the card game too. Only weakness for me was the soundtrack. I think it's the title that I had the most pure FUN in playing. FFVII gets all of the accolades and is the breakthrough game in the franchise in terms of the West at least. There is no denying that it took it to the next level in terms of bringing an epic scope and cinematic sensibility to RPGs and the whole cyber punk chic, corporate conspiracy and post apocalyptic overtones were very ambitious. It's the game that really got me into gaming I guess. I don't feel the same way about it as I did when I first played it, but first time around I was so wholly absorbed in the whole journey and (convoluted stoyrline). FFX is just beautiful, polished and quite sophisticated actually and they really did some genuine world building. Despite the bland and annoying leads (with their terrible voice acting), Spira is simply gorgeous and characters like Lulu and Auron are worth it.

I don't think FFXII is bad though I've never finished, and I haven't gotten around to XII and XIII.

turtle-rn
Jun 13th, 2011, 06:19 PM

I enjoyed FFXII a lot, partly because of the fighting system. I like spending time customizing the gambits before important battles. ^^

And design wise, Balthier is one of my fav FF character.

Shafanovic.
Jun 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I started playing FFVIII again which I bought from eBay and WOW have I missed this game :sobbing:

Not far into it but I'll hopefully finish Disc 1 and 2 by the end of my college break.

Shinjiro
Jun 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
^Ah... FFVIII

Time to bump that Instrumental music thread again!

I got hooked on the card game too. Only weakness for me was the soundtrack.I prefer the VIII card game, but love the IX soundtrack... Rose of May, Kuja, Feel my Blade ( one of the best battle themes in the entire series, funnily it was a one time thing made for a fake fight)

Despite the bland and annoying leads (with their terrible voice acting), Spira is simply gorgeous and characters like Lulu and Auron are worth it.FFX international undub :worship:

And yes, Auron is easily one of my favourite FF characters.

Maria Croft
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:31 PM
It's really difficult for me to choose between FF7, FF8 and FF9. I also loved FF10 and FF5 and FF6. But lately the series has been going downhill. Didn't really care for FF12 or FF13. Too much fighting, lame stories and not enough awesome (Card Game, Hot & Cold) side quests.

Some of my favorite characters are Celes, Tifa, Aeris, Quistis, Vivi, Lulu, and Xena and Gabrielle (I always call them that, so I can't even remember their real names lol)

Certinfy
Jun 26th, 2011, 11:22 PM
FF7 is by far the best game.

Can't wait for Versus 13 though, looks stunning!

Shafanovic.
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Anyone loved XIII and can't wait for XIII-2? Sara's gonna be playable :inlove:

Oneofakind0490
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I played 7-9, this summer. Finished 10 also but it took me nearly two years or longer to finish it. I also finished 13 earlier in the year. 9 is my favorite easily, it is just perfect in every way. 7 comes a close second, then 13. I dont like either 8 or 10 as they were both really obnoxious.

TZVETI83
Oct 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Favorite Games and Characters:

FF-VII
Aerith Gainsborough
Cloud Strife
Tifa Lockhart
Red XIII
Cait Sith
Vincent Valentine

FF-VIII
Rinoa
Squall
Zell
Laguna
Edea
Quistis

FF-X
Lulu
Rikku
Yuna
Kimahri Ronso
Auron

FF-XII
Fran
Penelo
Basch
Ashe
Balthier

duhcity
Oct 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
FFX is a masterpiece. Literally can't. Really hoping that it gets a remake one day in an all HD format. It really was gorgeous, and one of the best stories.

VII was the first I played, but never seriously got into it. XII was terrible. XIII was interesting. Very linear, but the extensive story was awesome.