PDA

View Full Version : Miss USA 2011 - 19th June, Las Vegas

KournikovaFan91
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I must admit I was having withdrawl symptoms of sorts recently due to a lack of major pageants :p

But now Miss USA is back, no controversies as yet, I guess Trump is preoccupied with political attention this year.

http://www.missuniverse.com/missusa

You can now vote for a People's Choice semifinalist this year, kinda copying the Miss America idea that had run for a few years now.
http://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/members/contestants

I voted Delaware in the hope that its streak of never ever placing can be broken.

I'm quite glad Rima's reign is ending although I was happy when she first one after hearing her speak and stuff like that I'm not sure she was a great Miss USA, like the way other recent ones were like Kristen and Crystle.

My Top 15 before Prelims (15th June)

15 - Iowa - Not on most people's top 15 but she looks cute and her glam shot is stunning. Dont think she will place but I would like to see it happen.
14 - Michigan - Originally one of my faves, she just seems a bland blonde since arriving in Vegas, still think she is Top 15 material just not enough oomph to do well.
13 - Washington - I liked her but then she kinda faded away but had arrived in Vegas and really looks like she is serious with a great body and super professional pics.
12 - District of Columbia - Another one I didn't notice until arrival, now she seems like a contender, defiantly get a confident vibe from her and her body is looking good too.
11 - Indiana - A lot of people have noticed a Stefania Fernandez look about her, I see it in some pics but in others she bores me, I'm in two minds about her.

10 - Florida - Totally ignored her before arrival but now she is a contender imo, her body is amazing and her glam shot is HOT, still kinda vacant behind the eyes though but should make the Top 10 since her body should get her through the Top 15 stage.
09 - Louisiana - My sentimental favourite, love her look but feel she will be eclipsed by other southern blondes, still think she is hot though.
08 - Texas - Hot latina who shouldn't be ignored, if she won though I dunno if she would be strong enough against the likes of Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Nicaragua at MU
07 - Arizona - Slipped some what in my original expectations but still can't be denied a top 10 placement, edgy look and a great body, but needs more oomph.
06 - South Carolina - Think she will do well, she has a sexy sultry look which gives her the edge of the more bland blondes.

05 - Tennessee - Seems a solid type of a candidate, she seems to have a nice package of the face and the body mixed in with some elegance and sexiness can't she her winning though.

04 - Georgia - Didn't notice her at all pre arrival, now she is defiantly in with a shot at the title, more than just a typical Southern Blonde intriguing face too I will be interested to see her performance at Prelims

03 - Hawaii - I REALLY want her to be my number 1 but she seems to be missing something, I get the feeling she isn't as pageant knowledgeable as some other girls, but she has a good edginess that I LOVE, Rima had no experiance last year and won so maybe Angela can do the same.

02 - California - Ok lets get this straight I feel like she will DEFINATLY make the Top 5 but I am honestly not a major fan of hers but every puts her on a Top 15 list in the top 3 or 2 so I will too I guess, she isn't intriguing to me as back during Miss California, I always feel a Aureana Tseu moment could happen with her (hot fave who doesn't even make Top 15).

01 - Connecticut - Like her pre arrival and absolutly love her now, her EG shot is so hot its unreal, she can do both cute and sexy and isn't too pageant patty, her body is great without surgeries and imho if she doesn't at least make the Top 10 she will be robbed.

EDIT - Won't change the list yet but after those videos on youtube Connecticut seems really boring, Hawaii FTW now.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Well its on tonight, I don't know if anyone will watch but I bumped it anyway (tut tut:P), a cool new feature will allow people at home rank the girls as they compete and the scores will come up on TV along with the official judges scores.

6o-oelv2V48

This is Miss USA so I will await some drama going down tonight, Trump always needs some drama to keep himself in the media spotlight.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I shall be watching and commenting.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:10 AM
What a horrible idea to have them yelling over that J.Lo song. :o I started to write down my favorites by state but then I gave up cause most of them probably won't even make the cut. I'll have to wait to the next round to officially make my favorites.

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Texas, Hawaii, or DC FTW!! :rocker2:

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:19 AM
OMG they put Nebraska in the Southwest. :haha: Have they never looked at a map of the US before? (Hell, Oklahoma is even pushing it.)

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Faves are defo TX, CA, HI, and my homestate girl MO!!!

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Hawaii FTW :cheer:

No shocks yet except maybe Massachusetts exclusion, she was well backed on missosology.

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Maine is bad ass. Very confident. I'm replacing Hawaii :o

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:54 AM
The group shit was annoying, I'm mad New York, Arizona and Georgia are gone.

Alabama is a timebomb, her Youtube clip showed her to be Prejean 2.0

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Susie looks every one of her 31 years. :o She didn't get the amaze PR genes that J.Lo got, apparently.

Hopefully TX, HI, or CA win this.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Think California will win. Although you never know at Miss USA.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:12 AM
This format is an epic fail. I prefer when they showed THE JUDGES' scores. You know, the ones actually deciding the competition? I guess they thought this would be more surprising or something? NM won swimsuit amongst the fans and got cut. Not expecting much better from MD.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:15 AM
I agree, I think maybe both should be shown, its a little dodgy when the judges scores aren't being shown.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Yes and this whole turning it into some kind of strange tennis competition. I wouldn't mind if they had divided the 16 into 4s and then 2 got in from each group. But to have one group in, one group out just sucked.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:21 AM
I think all these extra montages and shit means the group thing is quicker than the traditional system so we can fit in the montages.

Notice the infamous Dayana and Crystle trip to Gitmo wasn't in the USO montage. :lol:

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Maine :sobbing:

California is so overrated.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Hawaii was ROBBED of top 4. :o

It's between TX and CA now.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hawaii should be there, not that backwards hick Alabama.

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Hawaii should be there, not that backwards hick Alabama.

:spit:

Bring it home Tejas!!!!!

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Tennessee :facepalm:

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
California :yeah:
Tennessee :facepalm:
Texas :cheer:
Alabama :yawn:

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Texas better win this.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:42 AM
California's answer was a whole lot of nothing. Most progressives believe marijuana should be legalized; I guess she had the toughest question, but she really wimped out on it.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:46 AM
I don't think the judges seem too conservative so she could have went all the way but I dunno its a tough one.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I like CA, but I think TX should win this running away.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:55 AM
:spit: What a fucking joke.

Annie.
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Wow...................:(

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:58 AM
California is lovely but how the hell was Texas fourth? There seemed to be some need to crown a white winner this year.

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:00 AM
I dunno it seemed odd that Tennessee made it to the final 2 and Texas went first. Seems like the judges split between those 2 and the other 2 got placed on scores.

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Should've been Tennessee

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Awaits a FOX conspiracy theory that Tennessee lost for saying she was Christian.

Alyssa is actually from New Jersey and was first runner up at Miss New Jersey last year when some clapper won, she moves to LA and wins Miss California and Miss USA :woohoo: Bet the New Jersey pageant people are pissed.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Apparently she trains with Parvati in LA so I'm happy for her. TX still should have won though.

wayitis
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Maine is bad ass. Very confident. I'm replacing Hawaii :o

I thought she was maybe a little too confident, almost bordering cocky bitch when she waived a little good-bye to the eliminated contestants from her group :lol:

I also thought it was between TX and CA for the title, and was expecting TN to be called 3rd runner-up after her answer, but I guess the Don made sure the judge panel was not liberal enough... :lol:

mckyle.
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Bama :( That's the best placing we've had in a while though :D

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:59 AM
California :cheer:

M2k
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Miss California was the only and obvious choice :smoke:

:cool:Let's take back The Miss Universe Crown California :cool:

KournikovaFan91
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Alyssa is a former Miss New Jersey Teen and compete twice at Miss New Jersey, in 2009 as 1st Runner Up and 2010 as Top 15 :rolleyes:

New Jersey judges can't judge to save their lives it seems.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Winning Miss USA is like helping her showing the middle finger to the New Jersey judges.:lol:

M2k
Jun 21st, 2011, 03:30 AM
She's a scraper. I like that. :lol:

Miss USA needs someone like her to get the crown back.

mckyle.
Jun 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think she'll do too well at Miss Universe. She looks a bit too much like Taylor Swift for me :lol:

But then again, I thought Rima Fakih had a great shot at Miss Universe and she didn't make the Top 15 so I guess I don't know much...