PDA

View Full Version : Will Monica be the last double fisted (both wings) GS winner on the WTA tour?

BasicTennis
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:31 AM
IMO, "Yes".

So for the youngters who are still trying to emulate this game style, you still have a chance to go for a single-handed forehand.:angel:

vertiklychalengd
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:46 AM
i cant even think of someone that uses this style apart from monica. oh i got one, adriana serra zanetti but it's highly unlikely she'll win a slam

Jordan.
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:46 AM
Marion Bartoli will win a slam! :D So, no! ;)

BasicTennis
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:49 AM
Marion is indeed talented but it would be a waste if she continues with this.

hingis-seles
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:48 AM
I'll win on the ATP Tour...with a one-handed backhand and a two-handed forehand...but for your sake, I'll win one of my Slams with two hands off both sides!

hingis-seles
Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:50 AM
i forgot to add ;):p

Glenn
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:02 PM
There is still some players that use two hands on both sides,

Marion Bartoli
Adriana Serra-Zanetti
Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo
Su Wei Hsieh

I can't see any of them win a slam... the problem of using both hands is the reach, it's all power and angles these days, so anyone who uses both hands must be EXTREMELY fast to get to all those shots!

Myriam Casanova used to do it too, but she changed and since then she's doing much better.

mboyle
Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:18 PM
Su Wei Hsieh has a chance if she keeps her head. (Which she hasn't at all lately) She just hits so freakin' hard at such good angles, and she has a decent serve that, like Monica's, isn't the biggest of weapons, but isn't a liability either. So maybe Su Wei will win one, but no one else (Marion is too old I think to make any big waves like that) has a realistic shot.

ktwtennis
Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:22 PM
Marion is only like 17 or 18 years old!!

CJ07
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Hmm probably not

But then again some kid might just show up from no where and be like a mini-Monica

Two hands on both sides is fine, but you just have to have a running forehand to back it up, thats what Monicas problem is

Mark43
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:51 PM
probably...but there is always the specter of Jean Claude Van Gambill on the men's tour (highly unlikely).

spec·ter __Pronunciation Key__(spktr)
n.
1. A ghostly apparition; a phantom; a six foot three bottle blond with black socks and a two fisted forehand.
2. A haunting or disturbing image or prospect: the terrible specter of Jean Claude Van Gambill.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
monica will almost certainly be the last one...