PDA

View Full Version : Script errors

Super Dave
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I keep getting messages popping up (on this website only) that there are "scripts" running and asking if I want them to stop because if I don't, my computer might become unresponsive. Of course, I say yes, and it just pops up again, though this does happen sporadically :scratch: Any ideas?

Uranium
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Screen cap it next time for us to see what it looks like. It could very well be a virus (worst case scenario). This site has had the habit of it due to the wonderful ads here.

Srodgers
Jun 8th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I am getting the same thing :mad:

legionmx
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Also posting which browser (and what version of it) you are using should also be helpful to the devs.

Personally, I noticed the favicon is gone. But haven't experienced any problems regarding scripts. I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

Super Dave
Jun 8th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm using IE 8...

Super Dave
Jun 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Not happening today...yet...I downloaded an update yesterday (service pack)

Srodgers
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Have you guys looked into this?

Its getting worse for me.

Super Dave
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
It happened more, then I upgraded to IE 9 and haven't had any more problems but that doesn't mean it won't come back :shrug: Who knows...

doni1212
Jun 13th, 2011, 05:25 AM
It's happening for me too! Ugh! :o

hellas719
Jun 13th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Me too :sobbing:

Srodgers
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:55 AM
So are you guys going to do anything about this? Its very annoying.

young_gunner913
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
This has been happening to me too. :unsure: It comes and goes from day to day but it's really bothersome.

Jorn
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Do not use IE 8/9 here...

On Chrome Browser I never got this error... 7-9-13- I hope I won't get it! I before got an Virus using IE 8.

hellas719
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM
So far only Americans are complaining about it :unsure:
This may be a stupid question, but does it have something to do with where you're posting from? :lol:

john2112
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
A script error is often a nuisance rather than a serious problem. Certain operating systems or browsers may have glitches of their own or may be in need of updates. Problems can also occur if hardware is outdated or corrupted. Make sure your drivers are up to date as well. If not, you will likely need to uninstall an old driver to install the updated version, or have someone else do so for you if you arenít comfortable doing it yourself.

If you continue seeing the same script error, or others, obviously more troubleshooting is required. Another thing you can try in order to avoid receiving script error messages is deleting temporary Internet files. If there are features or applications running that you do not need, try turning them off. You might also want to reduce the screen resolution or the number of colors you are currently using. Continue reducing the resolution or the number of colors until you have either reached the lowest settings or stopped receiving script error messages.
================
jacksonville hair salon (http://www.jacksonvillebeachhairsalon.com)
cheap cat condo (http://shop.newcatcondos.com/categories/Shop-Cat-Condos/)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
been getting them too
i have to use IE8 to update ranks thread

cos no other browser lets me do it.

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I think I'm getting too. Is it like when I post something, it will say I've posted a duplicate post or needs me to wait for another 3 seconds to post again?:o

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
there's some scripts above the page of this forum BTW.

BARBIE
Sep 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I think I'm getting too. Is it like when I post something, it will say I've posted a duplicate post or needs me to wait for another 3 seconds to post again?:o

there's some scripts above the page of this forum BTW.

Yes, and yes, I am also getting both of these, Ben :(

Keadz
Sep 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread but...

$config['Sphinx']['host'] = 'sportsdb02'; $config['Sphinx']['port'] = 3312; $config['Sphinx']['limit'] = 250; $config['Sphinx']['mode'] = 'SPH_MATCH_ALL'; $config['Sphinx']['threads'] = 'tennisforum_com-threadindex-main'; $config['Sphinx']['posts'] = 'tennisforum_com-postindex-main';

This is on top of all my pages.

When ever I post it says "The following errors occurred when this message was submitted" ..with no errors listed. When I refresh the page my post comes up though.

Sean.
Sep 9th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I get the text thing too, I also get told my post is a double post a lot.

cowsonice
Sep 9th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Not sure if this is the right thread but...

$config['Sphinx']['host'] = 'sportsdb02'; $config['Sphinx']['port'] = 3312; $config['Sphinx']['limit'] = 250; $config['Sphinx']['mode'] = 'SPH_MATCH_ALL'; $config['Sphinx']['threads'] = 'tennisforum_com-threadindex-main'; $config['Sphinx']['posts'] = 'tennisforum_com-postindex-main';

This is on top of all my pages.

When ever I post it says "The following errors occurred when this message was submitted" ..with no errors listed. When I refresh the page my post comes up though.

Same here.

duhcity
Sep 9th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Yep get the same. Very frustrating

mckyle.
Sep 9th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Fix. this. thing.

Please :sobbing:

iGOAT
Sep 9th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Happening to me too :help:. But there's also tons of double posts :unsure:.

iGOAT
Sep 9th, 2011, 04:26 AM
And of course... It told me that post was a duplicate :facepalm:.