PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Schedule?

dsanders06
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have a schedule of the tournaments Maria's planning to play the rest of the year? :)

Shivank17
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Think it would be more or less like last year,with a hell lot of withdrawals.
Think it will be like
Wimbledon
Stanford
Cincinnati
Toronto
USO
Tokyo
Beijing
Istanbul-YEC. :hearts:

dsanders06
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks!

Hmm, I think 3 tournaments as warm-ups for the USO is maybe one too many... but then again, I think the fact she had two weeks off between Cincinnati and the US Open last year really hurt her. :shrug: It's a difficult balance to strike... I think the ideal solution for her would be to play San Diego and Canada, so that she gets two tournaments, a week off inbetween, and then only a week between her last warm-up and the USO so she keeps her rhythm.

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Other than 2006, US Open has been Maria's worst grand slam event. I hope 2011 is different.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Think it would be more or less like last year,with a hell lot of withdrawals.
Think it will be like
Wimbledon
Stanford
Cincinnati
Toronto
USO
Tokyo
Beijing
Istanbul-YEC. :hearts:

This. Since she will have byes this year maybe she won't pull out of Toronto.
I'd love to see her playing Moscow, but we know is not gonna happen.

nelsondan
Jun 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
She will not play another match before the first round at Wimbledon, which is likely to be on....?

Sharapower8
Jun 6th, 2011, 08:35 PM
She will not play another match before the first round at Wimbledon, which is likely to be on....?

I guess around June 23th ? :confused:

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Sharapova plays Fed Cup Finals as well,I guess. :scratch:
But its in Moscow again. :unsure:

Steven.
Jun 7th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Why doesn't she play in San Diego anymore? She's had a good record there when it was tier I.

canadia
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Actually Toronto is before Cincinatti this year. They have switched weeks which makes me happy b/c last year I had tickets to Montreal and then she pulled out after the finals in Cincinatti. I have great hope of seeing her in Toronto this year! :bounce:

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Actually Toronto is before Cincinatti this year. They have switched weeks which makes me happy b/c last year I had tickets to Montreal and then she pulled out after the finals in Cincinatti. I have great hope of seeing her in Toronto this year! :bounce:

You mean Cincinnati. :oh:
Well,hope you get to see here there! :wavey:
Sharapova played well at Toronto two years ago,hope she does that his year as well. :cheer:
Do click some good pics of her. ;)

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
After Beijing(The last Premier Mandatory tourney of the year)
The schedule is like-
Linz/Osaka
Moscow/Luxembourg
Istanbul

Maria may decide to play Moscow(or Linz-slight chance) to get some matches under her belt if she doesn't play well at Tokyo-Beijing.But chances of playing at Moscow are very less,owing to the fact (ifMaria qualifies for Istanbul) Istanbul is just after Moscow.

canadia
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
You mean Cincinnati. :oh:
Well,hope you get to see here there! :wavey:
Sharapova played well at Toronto two years ago,hope she does that his year as well. :cheer:
Do click some good pics of her. ;)

Yes, thank you for the correction. I realized after I submitted the post that I had spelled it wrong! I do it all the time and I'm close to Cinci...about 3 hours away so you would think I could spell it correctly.

The Norwegian
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Why won't she play Bali? She must be getting old!

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Why won't she play Bali? She must be getting old!

If a player qualifies for YEC she cannot play at Bali.
And Bali is for Tier 2 players IMO. :shrug:
You need to win an International tourney for playing there anyway.

ReboundAce
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
If a player qualifies for YEC she cannot play at Bali.
And Bali is for Tier 2 players IMO. :shrug:
You need to win an International tourney for playing there anyway.

She could have played last year as she won 2 MM, but she didn't want to play because she had such an ugly finish of the year at Tokyo and Beijing

The Norwegian
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Why does everything have to be so complicated?

ReboundAce
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Why does everything have to be so complicated?

It's always he case wih Maria, why simple when it can be complicated(my case too) :help:

Feyd
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:10 PM
She will play Stanford, if she goes deep in Cincinnati, she will invent sth to skip Toronto, then play USO, get sick in Tokyo-Beijing and give a half-assed effort, and then play YEC.

Break My Rapture
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Why doesn't she play in San Diego anymore? She's had a good record there when it was tier I.
I know, plus the venue is so pretty. I love watching it on tv, plus ES has decent coverage of the tournament if I'm not mistaken.

Slampova
Jun 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Your question is partially answered lol. Her schedule til the US Open has been confirmed on her site...

So it will be Wimbledon, Stanford, Toronto, Cincinnati and then the US Open!

nelsondan
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I guess around June 23th ? :confused:

2 weeks from tomorrow? I doubt it, but at least you tried.

I can always find all sorts of convoluted explanations and speculation about what tournament Maria will play, or pretend to be playing in, but will drop out in months from now.....but ask a simple question, hoping to get an answer accurate to within 2 or 3 days about when her next match will be played.........

Break My Rapture
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Ah so the same as last year. :)

nelsondan
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Ah so the same as last year. :)

good suggestion. My guess is that Maria's next match will be either June 20th, or 21st.

nelsondan
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:51 PM
good suggestion. My guess is that Maria's next match will be either June 20th, or 21st.

17 hours, nine minutes from when I post this?

goldlion
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:53 AM
Reasonable schedule for her - Stanford, then 1 week off, Toronto & Cincy a good fortnight is a good preparation for USO.

She needs to win at least one HC event this year to really be a threat and build momentum in the Open, winning Stanford and Cincy will be nice.

She's been having good US summer but just not at the Open.

18majors
Jun 21st, 2011, 04:11 AM
^Other than her 2006 victory, Maria's records at US Open are not anything to write home about. Hopefully, it will start to change.

Maria Croft
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't call a SF in 2005 nothing to write about.

After what happened last year I just hoped she would skip Cincinnati, with their awful scheduling.