PDA

View Full Version : Moderator

Ryan
Jun 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hey guys!

Hope everyone enjoyed the French Open Final ;) I'm sure the site will be crashing on and off for awhile, but hopefully it doesn't interfere with getting a chance to read this thread.

We noticed that you guys were looking for a Moderator for this Player Forum, so the Admins and I talked about it, and they've decided that I'll be Moderating Caroline's forum from now on.

I expressed interest in taking the responsibility for a few reasons. First of all, I'm a huge Caroline fan; it really is only fair to the fanbase to have someone who likes the player be in charge of handling edits/deletions/quarrels in the respective forum.

Second of all, I think Caroline (and her fans) do take a lot of crap in GM etc, so it's important to have a place where you can go and "escape" that. For the most part Player Forums are pretty respectful, but sometimes other people can come in and be rude. So I just want you to know that I'll make sure this is a respectful environment; anyone can come in here and post, but rude or disrespectful posts (from fans or non-fans alike) won't be tolerated. If there is a productive discussion taking place I obviously won't stop a "non fan" from coming in and posting, but there will be a line that people can cross.

That's pretty much it, just wanted to introduce myself to you guys (most of you know me/are HUGE fans, I'm sure ;) ), and let you know my thoughts on Moderating here.

If there's ever an issue with something, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Reporting Posts is really the best way to report a problem; if I'm not online, an Admin can make the change requested as well. So between PMing me and Reporting Posts, things should go pretty smoothly I hope. :cool:

Now you can all tell me how happy you are to have me here. Right? :angel: I'm sure me not being mentioned in your shortlist of potential Moderators was just an oversight. ;)

Seriously though, I think its important to have someone who is a Fan, but is also impartial, Moderate here. I won't cater to anyone or any "camp", and will do my best to Moderate fairly. Thanks guys.

DownInAHole
Jun 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Well I can say that I feel much better knowing that a person from the greatest country in the world will be our moderator.;)

bruce goose
Jun 4th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well I can say that I feel much better knowing that a person from the greatest country in the world will be our moderator.;)DIAH,you're a lyin' bugger:p--you told the Yanks we'd sell 'em two of those naval boats...and we barely got ONE,ehhhh??

EnerBC
Jun 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Ohh, I see.
The plot thickens...
You canadians are out to steal Caro from us :evil:
You shall not succeed!!!

Anyways, good to have a mod here, as long as you do your job we will get along just fine hehe ;)

DownInAHole
Jun 4th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Ohh, I see.
The plot thickens...
You canadians are out to steal Caro from us :evil:
You shall not succeed!!!

Anyways, good to have a mod here, as long as you do your job we will get along just fine hehe ;)

Hey, we are just a "c" and an "i" away from having our very own homegrown Wozniacki.:lol:

Burisleif
Jun 4th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Ryan, Long time no see, welcome back to Caroville. :)

Can we throw general admin tasks at you too?

The Reff
Jun 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Ryan

Just glad to have a moderator in here - so you're met with joy from this end :-)

terjw
Jun 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Thank Ryan. That's good we have you as a moderator here.

Burisleif
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Really offensive post.

even more offensive

Test post.

The Reff
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Really offensive post.

even more offensive

Test post.

:lol:

Burisleif
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:55 AM
:lol:

Yep.

See other thread.

backhandsmash
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hey guys!

Good to have a mod here now. I have a feeling you'll be spending quite a bit of time here during Wimbledon. ;)

Sorry for not having you on my shortlist. Nothing personal. :)

DownInAHole
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Good to have a mod here now. I have a feeling you'll be spending quite a bit of time here during Wimbledon. ;)

Sorry for not having you on my shortlist. Nothing personal. :)

Not if Caroline wins it. Stay positive!

backhandsmash
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Wasn't she a bit injured there, last year? Or was she past that, when she lost that match, we don't mention in here?

DownInAHole
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Wasn't she a bit injured there, last year? Or was she past that, when she lost that match, we don't mention in here?

I couldn't say one way or the other but if you are referring to the ankle injury she suffered in Charleston I think she must have been over it. I think the injury occurred on April 17. She made the quarters at the French Open (she was eliminated on June 1) and made the fourth round at Wimbledon (she was eliminated on June 28). If she did that on an injured ankle her result this year at the French Open is even more disappointing.

Sharapower8
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Ryan :wavey:

Ryan
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hey guys. :cool: Lets hope I don't need to be here during Wimbledon; maybe Caro will come out of the gates serving and volleying her way to the title? :drool: We can hope, anyway.

Maybe an early loss at RG will motivate her, make her more focused and perform better in London. Her serve was so good last year (Canada to end of year), so maybe that serve will come back now that we're off the clay.

terjw
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM

She said her injury had gone when asked before RG. It was a problem before then and she really shouldn't have been playing with that injury. But she looked fine and said she was fine by RG. So she certainly was well past it at Wimbledon.

TennisFan66
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Good to see Ryan here as Mod!