PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2011: So close, yet so far away.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
We had the Missions & Exorcisms, but now it's time for Maria to go back to her grass roots and

Just Do It

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/files/morethanthegames/sharapovawimbledon.JPG

(Again)

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
I believe that Teerin would've wanted to open this one...:sad:

Mikey.
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
:armed:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
:o

I will open every thread for the rest of the year. :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
I believe that Teerin would've wanted to open this one...:sad:

I don't think he'll disagree with me opening it... I mean, I opened Miami & Rome (Masha's best results this year... :secret: ) :awww:

Sharapower
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Out of Birmingham?
WTF?

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
I opened Fed Cup and Birmingham :sobbing:
At least make a decent first post Marilyn...:devil:

Break My Rapture
Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Please draw Stosur or Zvonareva in your quarter. :cheer:

doomsday
Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I believe in her.:bounce:

Crux Squall
Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Win against nali, azarenka, kvitova must be amazing

madmax
Jun 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Please draw Stosur or Zvonareva in your quarter. :cheer:

I doubt she can draw Shanksur but Vera in a quarters is indeed very welcomed:cheer: Or Pushniacki for that matter.

Jack89
Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hope Maria gets some easy first rounds, just so that she can find her feet and game on grass.

Will Venus Williams be seeded for Wimbledon, if she plays?? I know Serena will be.

claypova
Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
:)

slamchamp
Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Imagine a Venus in the first rounds?:scared: Tell me she's seeded:sobbing:

Craig.
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Best thread title ever :hysteric:

So excited :cheer: My fave slam!

18majors
Jun 4th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Yes, just do it! Win the tournament.

Shivank17
Jun 4th, 2011, 04:46 AM
WINbledon without Birmingham? :unsure: :awww:
Just hope she doesn't face William sisters in the early rounds like last year. :scared:

Steven.
Jun 4th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hope Maria gets some easy first rounds, just so that she can find her feet and game on grass.

Will Venus Williams be seeded for Wimbledon, if she plays?? I know Serena will be.

Venus is ranked 32nd after this week. She'll get it regardless of whether they boost her up or not.

Maria Croft
Jun 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Good thread title ;)

This is just great, does anyone remember what happened the last time she skipped Birmingham? That's right... don't even say it out loud :help:

Andy.
Jun 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Good thread title ;)

This is just great, does anyone remember what happened the last time she skipped Birmingham? That's right... don't even say it out loud :help:
I have been trying to not think about that too much like it didnt exist but if I did have to admitt to 2008 Wimbledon being real, I blame it all on the shoulder ;)

18majors
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
In retrospective, Maria was not good enough win FO. Hogstedt and Maria need to kick into high gear and she needs to play at a level that's good enough to win grand slam titles.

Break My Rapture
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw windy conditions at Wimbledon. :lol: Hopefully it stays like that.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Maria to win this :cheer:. Please Draw Gods be nice to her, and let her serve well and win "The Big One".

Lets do this :cheer:.

Vartan
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
If she loses in the 4R :spit:

Vartan
Jun 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Found my last year's graphics :awww: Hopefully Serena is on the other side of the draw.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/VardanP/CowOnGrass-1.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/VardanP/CowOnGrass1-1.jpg

Lefty.
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:49 AM
I hope she can be on her game from the start of Wimbledon and keep up a decent level throughout the tournament. No grass preparation is a little iffy but at least she'll be practicing and training hard instead.

18majors
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:54 AM
^Yes, I hope she will play at a level that is good enough to beat Serena on grass!

Craig.
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I want a Slam title already :yawn: Come on Mash, it's been too long :lol:

goldlion
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Too early too soon to make any prediction

Crux Squall
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I wanna see WINNERPOVA come back..

domon17th
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I don't know about skipping Birmingham, maybe Thomas saw a need to do something drastic and different following the collapse against Na? Cause Masha loves this tournament too much to skip it for 'illness', cause I'm assuming this is all made up, she could've been really unwell.

Again, the key is the serve, more so on grass. That ATP-like serve fest against Serena was a nailbiter last year.

The Norwegian
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I heard she gave away all her money and joined a monastery in Siberia

GrandMartha
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
She wasted her best chance to win the FO. I'm not sure if shes still motivated.

Cherry.
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
She wasted her best chance to win the FO. I'm not sure if shes still motivated.Oh please.:o
I'll probably say this had she win RG. But now? Hell no. She got to the semifinal of a Grand Slam in more than 3 years, and she basically improved her result in every tournament she has played this year in comparison to last year.
She's heading towards the right direction and back to be a contender of Grand Slam titles again.
If you can't take the positives out of all these but instead think she will lose her motivation just because she had a bad loss in a semifinal, which is her best result in a GS in 3 years, to the eventual champion, then I just don't know what to say.
I would agree that this might be her best chance to win RG, and I thought it as a "now or never" situation when she reached semis, but I also thought that this year's AO might be Na Li's one and only opportunity to win a Slam for Asia, and after she lost I honestly didn't expect at all that she could ever get another chance of reaching the final of a Slam again. But look at what just happened.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
She wasted her best chance to win the FO. I'm not sure if shes still motivated.

She also wasted her best chance to win AO 07 and FO 07. She also wasted chances to win AO 05, Wimbledon 05, USO 05, AO 06, Wimbledon 06. She still won another GS after. :lol:

claypova
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
^ she didnt waste her chance at AO 06, she got screwed over by a dodgy line call :o

AO 2005 OTOH :hysteric::facepalm:

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Without the Scheiße please, Maria. :cheer: :oh:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Without the Scheiße please, Maria. :cheer: :oh:

Gaga/German take-over on TF? :oh:

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Gaga/German take-over on TF? :oh:
HEAVY GRANDSLAM LOVAH. :hearts:

GrandMartha
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
She also wasted her best chance to win AO 07 and FO 07. She also wasted chances to win AO 05, Wimbledon 05, USO 05, AO 06, Wimbledon 06. She still won another GS after. :lol:

Please stop reminding us of those embarrassing losses :facepalm: :p but to be honest I have no problem when she lost to the likes of Henin, Clijsters, Williams...but the rest...:o
Verdammter Mist! :facepalm:

claypova
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
HEAVY GRANDSLAM LOVAH. :hearts:

or else her career is on the edge of glory :sad:

Vartan
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Gaga :o

gc-spurs
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
^ she didnt waste her chance at AO 06, she got screwed over by a dodgy line call :o

That was a hole in the fucking wall moment of my life.

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Stop reminding me that nightmare SF:o anyway every year we say she missed her chance but she is doing pretty good the year following and the field is not going to get stronger at the French either:lol:

claypova
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM
That was a hole in the fucking wall moment of my life.

i was 9, i didnt know who Maria Sharapova was, so it didnt bother me that much :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Roger please Win :angel::hysteric:.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
5-2 :woohoo:.

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Why are you posting this in the Wimbledon thread?

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Just Because. Is there a problem :scratch:?

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Yah that match is RG.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
So what :lol:.

Vartan
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Fuck Yes! Take That Miloti!

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:14 PM
He'll come back :help:.

Vartan
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
:oh: :oh: :oh:

Sharapovian
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM

Was thinking the same thing.

Anyway :oh:

atominside
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
You know how players always have a player that gives them trouble the most? Li Na is that person to Maria. Shes like maria's achille's heel. Even when Na Li wasnt even close to her playing level nowm she ALWAYS gave maria problems. She needs to stay away from maria.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM

My thoughts exactly. God.

18majors
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
You know how players always have a player that gives them trouble the most? Li Na is that person to Maria. Shes like maria's achille's heel. Even when Na Li wasnt even close to her playing level nowm she ALWAYS gave maria problems. She needs to stay away from maria.

Yes, Serena, Vika and Na Li are Maria's achilles' heels.

Maria needs to hold her serves better in order to reverse the trend. I hope she and Hogstedt are working on it so that the new trend can start at 2011 Wimbledon.

gc-spurs
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM

She hasn't been able to hold her serve/nerve against those guys. Though if I was to name an achilles heel for Maria, it would be Maria Sharapova or Serena.

gc-spurs
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Woot officially green paddock season now. Let's see what our Russian can do on the green stuff.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
On to the grass! Hope she can perform well. RG was SO MUCH FUN. It's always fun when she reaches the latter stages of tournaments. It wouldn't be half as entertaining without you guys' overreactions and #TeamMasha on Twitter. :oh: :sobbing: Can't wait for this.

Sharapower8
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
GO MASH' :cheer:

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yes, Serena, Vika and Na Li are Maria's achilles' heels.

Maria needs to hold her serves better in order to reverse the trend. I hope she and Hogstedt are working on it so that the new trend can start at 2011 Wimbledon.

Serena will always be a bigger problem considering she doesn't even let Maria return her serve:lol: she is hitting massives bombs everytime:lol: she sure puts a lot of pressure on Maria's serve but in their last meeting Maria kinda passed that test, she lost the match but serve was good except for thoses stupid DF in the tiebreaker, overall it was impressive.

Against Azarenka she needs to serve better and harder considering Azarenka's ability to return she doesn't have the choice but at least she has a look on her serve, Maria at Miami and Stanford was seriously doing shit on ROS sometimes, Vika was hitting a lot of 90mph serves, pretty well placed it's true but come on, Maria can sure return better than what we saw.

Against Na Li they played 3 times in 3 years it's really different that against Azarenka, 2009 and 2010 meetings were on grass even though Na Li played well Maria was clearly not as good as today(physically and mentally) if Maria serves well she sure has a shot I want a meeting this year on grass or HC, Maria will be in revenge mode because when she played Na Li at the French she said she barely remembered last time they've played ; it was so long ago.:o

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
No one has beaten Maria twice in a row in a Slam (someone mentioned it). Yes, in a "Slam". I don't want to mention this feat because someone will destroy this achievement whenever it's mentioned. :hysteric:

So forget I mentioned it. Even though I mentioned it because it seems cool. But now IDK if it will be cool because I mentioned it that because I mentioned it it might be destroyed... because I mentioned about mentioning it.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Oh, you guys, in case you haven't heard: Nico_E is banned. :oh: A good start to the grass season, yes? :oh:

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, you guys, in case you haven't heard: Nico_E is banned. :oh: A good start to the grass season, yes? :oh:

It was about time, great news.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Just wanted to post this Fed quote. :oh:

"It's always me who's going to dictate play & decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well I will most likely win in the score or beat [Nadal]; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."

I greatly respect him as a player but sometimes the things he says seems so egotistic. :hysteric: Sure, he has all the achievements to back it up but IDK how to describe my feeling when I read the quote. :sobbing:

Craig.
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Did he REALLY say that?

Roger...

Adal
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Roger is such a crybaby, even though I wanted him to win.

And as for Maria, bitch better show dem who's the boss at Wimbledon :(

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Did he REALLY say that?

Roger...

Cronin tweeted it. :o :tears: :o :tears:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
No one has beaten Maria twice in a row in a Slam (someone mentioned it). Yes, in a "Slam". I don't want to mention this feat because someone will destroy this achievement whenever it's mentioned. :hysteric:

Well Serena destroyed Maria in 2007 and won in Wimbly last year too, but did you ment back to back slams?

btw..Venus will play in Eastbourne :cheer:

slamchamp
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Nico_Banned???! I'm happy!:bounce:
Spiffy was banned too:lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Well Serena destroyed Maria in 2007 and won in Wimbly last year too, but did you ment back to back slams?

btw..Venus will play in Eastbourne :cheer:

Actually. I don't know. It was tweeted. So maybe. Yes. No? Yes. OK. :tears:

slamchamp
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM

btw..Venus will play in Eastbourne :cheer:And at the Australian Open 2005:secret:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
yes three times in a row...

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to post this Fed quote. :oh:

"It's always me who's going to dictate play & decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well I will most likely win in the score or beat [Nadal]; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."

I greatly respect him as a player but sometimes the things he says seems so egotistic. :hysteric: Sure, he has all the achievements to back it up but IDK how to describe my feeling when I read the quote. :sobbing:

There is nothing egoistic here, Nadal's tennis consists to destroy Federer's one he is absolutely right if Fed is playing well he wins but Nadull will do just everything to bring the worst out of Federer, moonballs here and over here.
Stop being so biased because you clearly think the same thing when a decent ball basher meet Pushniacki, if there is few mistakes she loses.

madmax
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I don't believe Na is a bad matchup for Maria WHEN she plays and serves well really. I can give you Azarenka, who is like a female Djokovic and returns pretty much every serve back and with interest, so Maria is on her toes everytime. Even then she still leads H2H vs Na and is tied with Vika if I'm not mistaken. The difference maker is always Maria's serve - when it's clicking, "bad" matchups become not so bad afterall

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Let's hope that Serena won't win Maria for the fourth time in a row...:rolleyes: incase they'll meet in wimbly again...

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
There is nothing egoistic here, Nadal's tennis consists to destroy Federer's one he is absolutely right if Fed is playing well he wins but Nadull will do just everything to bring the worst out of Federer, moonballs here and over here.
Stop being so biased because you clearly think the same thing when a decent ball basher meet Pushniacki, if there is few mistakes she loses.

I don't think that. :weirdo: Because I am a Maria fan, I'd have to think that? Wow. Big generalization there. :lol:

To me, at least, it's the same thing as saying "I'm the best, and when I'm playing the best no one can beat me". If he thinks that, then fine, but he doesn't necessarily have to say it. And if he really holds to that logic, then he must have been pretty shit throughout all these years because I can't remember the last time he beat Rafa. But obviously you don't like Rafa so I'm not going to try and respond anymore to whatever shit you just responded to me. I'm not the biased one here, apparently.

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Let's hope that Serena won't win Maria for the fourth time in a row...:rolleyes: incase they'll meet in wimbly again...

More like sixth time in a row :lol: anyway they better face right now when Serena is just coming back she won't be full of confidence after being out for so long, at least I hope :lol: cause it's seems that she is always able to bring her best out of nowhere against Maria :o

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think that. :weirdo: Because I am a Maria fan, I'd have to think that? Wow. Big generalization there. :lol:

To me, at least, it's the same thing as saying "I'm the best, and when I'm playing the best no one can beat me". If he thinks that, then fine, but he doesn't necessarily have to say it. And if he really holds to that logic, then he must have been pretty shit throughout all these years because I can't remember the last time he beat Rafa. But obviously you don't like Rafa so I'm not going to try and respond anymore to whatever shit you just responded to me. I'm not the biased one here, apparently.

You don't have to think that, it's the truth IMO and I don't like Rafa's game, way too defensive you could see today he stepped on court to NOT lose that match and NOT to win it as usual I'd say:rolleyes: btw this is Nadal's quote on eurosport : "When Fed plays this way you have to wait" I won't even ask you what he meant here because it's pretty obvious:lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
You don't have to think that, it's the truth IMO and I don't like Rafa's game, way too defensive you could see today he stepped on court to NOT lose that match and NOT to win it as usual I'd say:rolleyes: btw this is Nadal's quote on eurosport : "When Fed plays this way you have to wait" I won't even ask you what he meant here because it's pretty obvious:lol:

Tennis is more than just "getting the ball back", even for players who has a strength in defending. It's much more complex than that. Perhaps you should try learning about Rafa's game before jumping on the hate-bandwagon. But you can do what you want. It's probably not worth the time trying to rationalize with you. Perhaps you should try a more simple sport to follow.

doomsday
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Tennis is more than just "getting the ball back", even for players who has a strength in defending. It's much more complex than that. Perhaps you should try learning about Rafa's game before jumping on the hate-bandwagon. But you can do what you want. It's probably not worth the time trying to rationalize with you. Perhaps you should try a more simple sport to follow.

Give me a break, I know Nadal's game pretty damn well and his tennis consists to bring the worst out of every opponent, running after every single ball and bring balls with a dreadful and awful top spin.
Everytime you watch some highlights of Nadal's matches he is the one on the defensive, 3 or 4 meters behind the baseline and hoping for errors. I'm cool with that sport when players try to take the initiative to win matches and not push their way to the titles.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Give me a break, I know Nadal's game pretty damn well and his tennis consists to bring the worst out of every opponent, running after every single ball and bring balls with a dreadful and awful top spin.
Everytime you watch some highlights of Nadal's matches he is the one on the defensive, 3 or 4 meters behind the baseline and hoping for errors. I'm cool with that sport when players try to take the initiative to win matches and not push their way to the titles.

Whatever you say dude. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I love how you think Nadal is a pusher. Guess what Sherlock, Mr Nadal has 2 Wimbledon titles. Pushers don't win Wimbledon.

Plus it's not like you can do anything more than hollar after every ball if Federer is on his game, in a way it's comparable to playing Kvitova or Li on grass when they're playing well.

lefty24
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM

:bounce: I would always be so close to getting a page of all good reps and then he would come and give me a bad rep for saying something good about Maria in the live score thread. It was kind of funny though.
This definitely means a good Wimbledon. ;)

Edit: Sorry I meant WINbledon. :p

Cherry.
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Seems quite a number of people were banned in these couple of days... :oh:

Break My Rapture
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Monheaux, if you read this, I want to let you know that, I ran out of credits. :awww: And that Rafa won in 4 sets. :oh:

Cherry.
Jun 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM

FYI: last time he defeated Rafa was in the final of London World Tour Finals at the end of last year, which was not so long ago IMO.
But yeah, he hasn't been managed to beat Rafa this year so far.

18majors
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:22 PM
My hunch is that Maria will really show up at Wimbledon. There is no reasons that she doesn't play better at Wimbledon than RG because she has improved every week since February Fed Cup.

The preparation this and next week is crucial and I'm confidden team Maria/Hogstedt will come out with something convincing.

Cherry.
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
^We certainly hope so. :)

shaktincredible
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:42 AM
i dont think williams sister is going to make a deep run at wimbly this year.

and also i have a feeling Sharapova will win it.

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I'd be much happier if Maria beats Serena on her way to Wimbledon title.

Cherry.
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I don't actually care who she's gonna beat en route to the title.
Just win please. :o

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM
More like sixth time in a row :lol: anyway they better face right now when Serena is just coming back she won't be full of confidence after being out for so long, at least I hope :lol: cause it's seems that she is always able to bring her best out of nowhere against Maria :o

Serena's serve was a stunner last year :eek:
long absence from the game won't stop her though...as we saw in 2007

Mistress of Evil
Jun 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Wimbledon is two weeks away, and its thread is opened and has already 7 pages :spit: typical SS :bowdown: please, do not draw Serena :hysteric:

Shivank17
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Well I am so sure that Maria's luck with draws is so bad,that she will end up playing Serena or Venus in R3 or R4. :hysteric:

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:50 AM
^Then she will need to beat both Serena and Venus to win the title.

Crux Squall
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Well I am so sure that Maria's luck with draws is so bad,that she will end up playing Serena or Venus in R3 or R4. :hysteric:

Maria had a good draw in RG:)

!VamosRafa!
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
All of you are saying she will win the title:help:
Stay out of Serena, Venus, Kvitova,, Li and Azarenka!!!

I have a bad feeling she'll lose really early in Wimbledon :sad:

Craig.
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Guys, relax. Wimbledon is two weeks away :lol: In the meantime, go out and enjoy life a little :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Monheaux, if you read this, I want to let you know that, I ran out of credits. :awww: And that Rafa won in 4 sets. :oh:

I figured. :rolls:

Still happy Rafa won. :cheer:

Ps. Craigster, I love your Rafa tribute in your user title! :p

Jack89
Jun 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
From Wimbledon twitter:

Maria Sharapova is in the house! Off to try and snap some pics...

She's already at Wimbledon!! :D

vozas
Jun 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Serena's serve was a stunner last year :eek:
long absence from the game won't stop her though...as we saw in 2007

I don't recall a single match in Serena's career where she served better than she did against Maria last year. It was scary.

StrippedToBasics
Jun 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Finally found Maria Sharapova, on the indoor courts. Sasha watching. We think.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/315456215.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1307368163&Signature=NNcUMUn0aHiOvKR8HhfFv%2F72jRM%3D

gc-spurs
Jun 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Whoever is in charge of Wimbledon twitter has the best job ever

Sharapovian
Jun 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Video of her practice as well

yEJYWkpdmtU

vozas
Jun 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Video of her practice as well

yEJYWkpdmtU

YES! They better practice that forehand until she hits winners off it in her sleep. It really needs a lot of work. It was great during Rome but was her biggest weakness during the french.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Sasha is such a kept bitch :lol: even in her practices, he is there :spit:

lefty24
Jun 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I love these Slam twitters. They're not really "Professional" which I love.

Edit: Just watched the video. Is there a reason why she's not playing on grass? Are they not allowed to?
It must be fun to be one of the only players at the slam so far.
I also love how the sweat print on her back looks like Mickey mouse.

atominside
Jun 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
those people in birmingham :( . She doesnt even look tired.

Shivank17
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Maria had a good draw in RG:)

umm,cause William sisters weren't there. :unsure:
And well,on clay,no top player is consistent,so,draw ain't that tough,with Justine's retirement.

Shivank17
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Someone on youtube(comment) called Sasha ,Francesca Schiavone. :haha: :spit:

Crux Squall
Jun 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Someone on youtube(comment) called Sasha ,Francesca Schiavone. :haha: :spit:

Sasha is more handsome than schiavone:haha:

Shivank17
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Sasha is more handsome than schiavone:haha:

No,Schiavone is the man!! :rocker2: :bowdown:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Sasha is such a kept bitch :lol: even in her practices, he is there :spit:

He don't have sh!t else to do. :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Wow I really don't get why some posters keep saying Maria always had bad luck with draws. :tears: Just look at IW and Miami this year (perhaps even RG too), they were very soft draws for Maria. :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM

but still I do not like Mashenka being a sugar mama :sobbing:

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Maria's practices with Hogstedt is so much more intense and strategic than with Joyce. This is great!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:23 PM
but still I do not like Mashenka being a sugar mama :sobbing:

More like sugar daddy. :lol:

Sharapower8
Jun 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM

:lol: :lol:. Definitely.

Shafanovic.
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Subscribing. :hearts:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:20 AM
More like sugar daddy. :lol:

:speakles: no, you didn't :spit:

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Wow I really don't get why some posters keep saying Maria always had bad luck with draws. :tears: Just look at IW and Miami this year (perhaps even RG too), they were very soft draws for Maria. :shrug:

Just look at USO,Wimbledon,RG last year. :o
And even AO this year,had Vee not got injured.
But this time her chances of getting a bad draw is less,cause she will be a top 8 seed. :oh:

claypova
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:56 AM
But this time her chances of getting a bad draw is less,cause she will be a top 8 seed. :oh:

USO last year was a cake walk, everyone was so happy that she drew Wozniacki for R4 !

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:15 AM
USO last year was a cake walk, everyone was so happy that she drew Wozniacki for R4 !

But Caro was the No.1 and to draw the No.1 in 4th Round ain't a great draw. :shrug:
But I wish she draws Caro in QFs at Wimbledon this year,Maria should thrash her on Grass,like Petra did last year. :drool:

18majors
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Then earlist Maria can draw:

Serena, R3
Na Li, QF
Vika, SF

It's all in Maria's hands.

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Don't think Vika will make the Semis of Wimbledon. :sad:
But well,Maria would be looking for revenge against Na. :fiery:
Especially after 3 losses in a row to her :sobbing: Nobody does that to Maria except for Serena. :hysteric:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Vikapowerr is banned, too :awww: no Mashabators-trolls, anymore :tears: the mods have been so cruel towards Sharapova stans :facepalm: only remaining is madmax, I guess :hug:

18majors
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
2011 Wimbledon is shaping out to be quite a spectacle with Maria, Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Kvitova, Na Li and Vika all veeing for the title.

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Vikapowerr is banned, too :awww: no Mashabators-trolls, anymore :tears: the mods have been so cruel towards Sharapova stans :facepalm: only remaining is madmax, I guess :hug:

She is not a troll...she is a mother of two children if I remember correctly..:angel:

Steven.
Jun 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Don't think Vika will make the Semis of Wimbledon. :sad:
But well,Maria would be looking for revenge against Na. :fiery:
Especially after 3 losses in a row to her :sobbing: Nobody does that to Maria except for Serena. :hysteric:

Serena happens to be the only player to have won 4 matches in a row against Sharapova. Don't let Li do this too. Break the losing streak vs. the both of them and give them a beatdown at Wimbledon this year. :armed:

doomsday
Jun 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
She is not a troll...she is a mother of two children if I remember correctly..:angel:

Madmax is a guy.:lol:

claypova
Jun 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
:spit:

Steven.
Jun 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
also I just realised, one more loss to Serena and Maria is her punching bag. :hysteric: First person she'll be a punching bag for..

doomsday
Jun 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM

So unfair, there are plenty of Serena stans trolling about Maria and in every single thread of hers yet they're not banned anyway they'll be back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Cherry.
Jun 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Vikapowerr is banned, too :awww: no Mashabators-trolls, anymore :tears: the mods have been so cruel towards Sharapova stans :facepalm: only remaining is madmax, I guess :hug:What? Why?
Yeah I'd agree that some of his posts in GM are just :facepalm:, which in fact confuses me a lot because I also go to Julia Goerges' Thread a lot and many of his posts there are actually very nice and constructive. Makes me wonder whether he's got double dispositions :tape:

Reptilia
Jun 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM

:haha: He's an old perv. And yes, he is a troll.
I hope they don't ban him :sad:

Jack89
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
How high does everyone think they'll seed Serena at Wimbledon??

I'm thinking possibly a top 8 seeding, definetely a top 16.

After all, they did bump Masha up to 24 seed, from 59, in 2009. And Maria had gone out in the 2R and 4R in the previous two years, whereas Serena has won the last two titles.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Vikapower is banned :eek: So happy! :cheer:

I think I reported his/her posts a lot. I suppose when you use the report button on a poster a lot, things happen. :oh:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
^ nah, not really :shrug:
he/she/it just crossed the line with saying that wants Rena dead or sth of the sort :spit:
being reported ain't fun :awww: having this "Latest Infractions Received" margin above the reputation one is awful :sad:

doomsday
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
^ nah, not really :shrug:
he/she/it just crossed the line with saying that wants Rena dead or sth of the sort :spit:
being reported ain't fun :awww: having this "Latest Infractions Received" margin above the reputation one is awful :sad:

BS, Vlada never said anything like this. I agree that he hates Serena but he would never said such things.

Lefty.
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
BS, Vlada never said anything like this. I agree that he hates Serena but he would never said such things.

You sure have a lot of confidence in him. :lol:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
:haha: He's an old perv. And yes, he is a troll.
I hope they don't ban him :sad:

I tought that he's a women....:rolleyes: what was I thinking :o
Anywya he isn't a troll...he loves to talk about Lena's bangs ;)

Crux Squall
Jun 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hope she can get Oudin or Datekrumn in 1st round

Mistress of Evil
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I tought that he's a women....:rolleyes: what was I thinking :o
Anywya he isn't a troll...he loves to talk about Lena's bangs ;)

madmax and miffedmax are completely different people :spit:
and as far as I know both are male, too :lol:

Break My Rapture
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
You're kidding right? :lol: Granted, Wimbledon and especially RG last yearn were impossibly tough.
BUT AO this year was a total gift of a draw, and she had a good draw at the USO last year. She just messed up against Wozniacki.

That said, I wouldn't mind Maria drawing her in Wimbledon, I'd like to see them play on grass.

Break My Rapture
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
ZOMG you got upgraded to Administrator. :hearts:

Shivank17
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM
You're kidding right? :lol: Granted, Wimbledon and especially RG last yearn were impossibly tough.
BUT AO this year was a total gift of a draw, and she had a good draw at the USO last year. She just messed up against Wozniacki.

That said, I wouldn't mind Maria drawing her in Wimbledon, I'd like to see them play on grass.

She had Venus Williams in R4,Goerges in R3. How is that a good draw? :rolleyes:
You sure do know Venus is a 7 times slam champ. :rolleyes:

madmax
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM

so you are calling out fellow Masha fans, yet you feel completely fine with hordes of her haters in GM? In other words it's OK to call someone a troll if you don't like him but as long as others trolling doesn't bother you then it's all nice and dandy? Damn, so many hypocrites in this world...

Break My Rapture
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
She had Venus Williams in R4,Goerges in R3. How is that a good draw? :rolleyes:
You sure do know Venus is a 7 times slam champ. :rolleyes:
Venus had no form whatsoever going into the AO, I'm confident Maria would have beaten her even with her mediocre form.
And yes, Goerges was a tough R3 opponent given how she played but Maria survived that one.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Do we know what seed will Serena and Venus be?

I want a Maria-Serena encounter in Wimbly :inlove::devil:.

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
madmax and miffedmax are completely different people :spit:
and as far as I know both are male, too :lol:

:p oh silly me...

doomsday
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM

I do, I recognize his hatred towards Serena can go far but not that far.
Show me his posts where he wished Serena's death :shrug:

Lefty.
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I do, I recognize his hatred towards Serena can go far but not that far.
Show me his posts where he wished Serena's death :shrug:

His post was deleted but it was very clear what his message was in that post.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 7th, 2011, 08:04 PM
so you are calling out fellow Masha fans, yet you feel completely fine with hordes of her haters in GM? In other words it's OK to call someone a troll if you don't like him but as long as others trolling doesn't bother you then it's all nice and dandy? Damn, so many hypocrites in this world...

Masha haters do not bother me since the whole hating thing is pathetic :shrug: and I could care less about trolls ;) I do troll myself from time to time, though :lol: I am sorry if I offended you by stating you are a troll :wavey:

MashaFan01
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hi y'all - I'm new to this forum :) - I just want to introduce myself - and my answer to the question should be obvious - right? - Of course I hope and believe that Masha will win Wimbledon - She's a great chance - She's played well since April and as long she can stay healthy I think she can do it - But of course - shit can always happen even to the best :lol:

YOU GO GIRL!!

Craig.
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Welcome :wavey:

Break My Rapture
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hi y'all - I'm new to this forum :) - I just want to introduce myself - and my answer to the question should be obvious - right? - Of course I hope and believe that Masha will win Wimbledon - She's a great chance - She's played well since April and as long she can stay healthy I think she can do it - But of course - shit can always happen even to the best :lol:

YOU GO GIRL!!
:cheer: Welcome to Siberian Siren!

perseus2006
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I don't believe Serenka will play W if the stories about pulmonary embolisms and and blood thinners are true. How could a doctor clear her to play so soon? She would be at a very high risk of stroke. Her year off will be over after W, maybe she will be back for the USO Series.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:26 PM
^ Agree. But perhaps it's not too serious now? I doubt Serena would play if she wasn't healthy and/or ready.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:40 PM
The pulmonary embolisms happened back in February. I'm no expert, but she should have had enough time to recover, no?

perseus2006
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Serenka is clearly not ready: she hasn't played a competitive match for a year!

Whether or not she is healthy is a fair question. GOK what with all the drama, hysteria, obfuscation, rumors and innuendo about her health issues. It just all seems to me to be a PR campaign to maintain her celebratory status until she can play again...

Break My Rapture
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't believe Serenka will play W if the stories about pulmonary embolisms and and blood thinners are true. How could a doctor clear her to play so soon? She would be at a very high risk of stroke. Her year off will be over after W, maybe she will be back for the USO Series.
Yeah. I'm rather worried it might be too soon.

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 12:55 AM
The odds makers are almost there:

Maria, 4.0
Serena, 4.0
Clijsters, 5.5
Na Li, 7.0
Woz, 9.0
Venus, 9.0
Petra, 9.0
Vika, 12.0

Maria needs to kick up her game by 1 or 2 notches to justify the billing.

gc-spurs
Jun 9th, 2011, 03:28 AM

Maria, 4.0
Serena, 4.0
Clijsters, 5.5
Na Li, 7.0
Woz, 9.0
Venus, 9.0
Petra, 9.0
Vika, 12.0

Oh noes! Expectations!
This amount of time before RG, her odds were at 25/1.

perseus2006
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Yahoo Sports reports that Serenka accepted a wildcard into Eastbourne...

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:34 AM
^It's fun to have Serena around, especially if Maria is back to January 2008 level.

MashaFan01
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM

Maria, 4.0
Serena, 4.0
Clijsters, 5.5
Na Li, 7.0
Woz, 9.0

Since it's the bookies money involved and they usually make a profit - I would say that Masha's odds are quite accurate - She has looked stronger and more confident overall than for a long time and my personal belief is that Masha would have defeated Li at the RG IF the weather conditions had been better - The wind and the whirling dirt were a factor and a disadvantage for her serve - and when that didn't work - she tried to compensate with down the line winners which often flew wide

The odds for Serena Williams are however a tad exaggerated if you ask me - They seem to be based on her reputation (and there maybe is some patriotism involved here as well from the American bookies side) rather than facts - Personally I would not bet a dime on her possibilities to win this one - Just remember the hype around Clijsters when she made her appearance at RG - It lasted - what? - 2 matches? :lol: - We'll have a better possibility to judge both Serena's and Venus's form after they've played at least one match in the Eastbourne tournament (http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/AEGON-British-Tennis-Series/AEGON-International/) - until then - we better take it easy in predicting their chances :)

Jack89
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
From Wimby twitter:

Expecting to see players start to flood through the AELTC gates...Sharapova's been here every day. Makes a nice change from builders ;)

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Nice to know Maria's taking Wimbledon seriously. Hoping for a deep run.

BuckJaysRock
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM
hopelully maria makes a deep run

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I hope her results will show that Maria spends more time preparing at Wimbledon than any other players.

Steven.
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM
good to see she's prepping well.

goldlion
Jun 10th, 2011, 12:48 PM
what the hell - she's already at SW19?? Since when?

lefty24
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:19 PM

since the 6th

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM

And she's been training everyday so far. Hope it pays off. :)

Shivank17
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
DeterminedPova. :bowdown:
[Maybe Serena is back,so that's why. :p ]
Good to see,that she started training just after the French,she wants to win it again,anyhow. :hearts:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Imagine Maria beating Serena if they meet at Wimbledon. Such a confidence booster it would be :angel:.

lefty24
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Imagine Maria beating Serena if they meet at Wimbledon. Such a confidence booster it would be :angel:.

it would be career changing. Serena's been gone for a year so if there is anytime to beat her it's now. Although I would still consider Serena the heavy favorite.

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I would consider Serena a heavy favorite if she was in a wheelchair and Maria were on steroids.

doomsday
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I would consider Serena a heavy favorite if she was in a wheelchair and Maria were on steroids.

This is so mean towards Maria.:lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
it would be career changing. Serena's been gone for a year so if there is anytime to beat her it's now. Although I would still consider Serena the heavy favorite.

Maria needs to win against her, and what better time than at Wimbledon this year. I want Serena in her side of the draw. Its for Maria's best. If She looses than OK, she'll have another chance, but if she wins than Maria will gain so much confidence :angel:

I want a Maria-Serena encounter at Wimbly :angel:

Effy
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM

:hysteric: i like u

MashaFan01
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
A healthy Masha at her best can defeat anyone - The William sisters included - She's beaten ALL the #1, # 2, #3 etc of her time in quarters - semis and finals - She fears no one - and we her fans shouldn't either!! :) - How many times haven't we heard that her career was over? - And yet here she is - Back in the top 10 - an amazing achievement on it's own - Who would've predicted that only January this year?

There is no way to predict an outcome Serena vs Masha - In fact - who else is there right now who has the abilty to defeat Serena in top form but Masha and maybe Kim?

And re her confidence - I believe Masha will know when all the pieces have fallen in place - she needs no victories over some other tennis star to gain confidence

http://www.tennis.com/scroll/homepage/newsdata/2011_06_09_sw.jpg
But yes - she sure looks scary :eek: :eek:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:07 PM

I have so much more faith in Maria than you do now. :lol:

Shivank17
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Maria is becoming Serena's bitch. :hysteric:
Having not beaten her since 04. :help:
She needs to do it at Wimbly.
Last year was so close,2 set points in the tiebreak,she missed,and bye bye. But that match was IMO,Maria's best match on Grass,since a hell lot of time.That level can get her quite deep in the draw easily :cheer:

Crux Squall
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
She needs to do it at Wimbly.
Last year was so close,2 set points in the tiebreak,she missed,and bye bye. But that match was IMO,Maria's best match on Grass,since a hell lot of time.That level can get her quite deep in the draw easily :cheer:

No IMO No
Serena and maria groundstroke in this match is not very good, normal rally end wirh errors, maybe because of they both serve well, but It's musnt be a MAria's best match on grass:rolleyes:

denny5576
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
No IMO No
Serena and maria groundstroke in this match is not very good, normal rally end wirh errors, maybe because of they both serve well, but It's musnt be a MAria's best match on grass:rolleyes:
Serena: UE 17 Total points 75
Maria: UE 18 Total points 66
High quality match
Highest speed level

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM
:hysteric: i like u

:unsure:

Shivank17
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Serena: UE 17 Total points 75
Maria: UE 18 Total points 66
High quality match
Highest speed level

EXACTLY.

Sharapova's some returns were just :bowdown: that too on 120+ MPH serves by Serena,that was a like a slap on face.Loved the match,sadly Maria had to lose.

MashaFan01
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Masha has beaten Serena 2 times out of 8 meetings - *smiles* - And of the other 6 meetings 2 have been 3 setters - So yes Serena has way better stats vs Masha but she isn't that superior to Masha as you might think considering that Masha already struggled with her shoulder problems 2008 and had not regain her old form 2010 :)

Head to Head - Masha vs Serena (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=47805)

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Serena: http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0010.gif Maria: http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/innocent/innocent0006.gif in the evening at the hotel room #302: http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/hump.gif

Shivank17
Jun 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Masha has beaten Serena 2 times out of 8 meetings - *smiles* - And of the other 6 meetings 2 have been 3 setters - So yes Serena has way better stats vs Masha but she isn't that superior to Masha as you might think considering that Masha already struggled with her shoulder problems 2008 and had not regain her old form 2010 :)

Head to Head - Masha vs Serena (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=47805)

True!
All the close matches at AO 05 (Semis) and last year Wimbledon,could have easily been Maria's. but well,we can still take pride in that Wimbledon 04,triumph.I want that days again. :bounce:

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:12 PM
It would be great if Maria can remove her mental blocks against Serena, Vika and Na Li by beating them more than once.

MashaFan01
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM
It would be great if Maria can remove her mental blocks against Serena, Vika and Na Li by beating them more than once.

Head to Head Masha vs Azarenka (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=48821) 3-3

Head to Head Masha vs Li Na (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=48650) 5-3 (even if Li Na won the 3 last meetings)

atominside
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Head to Head Masha vs Azarenka (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=48821) 3-3

Head to Head Masha vs Li Na (http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48237&id2=48650) 5-3 (even if Li Na won the 3 last meetings)
so?

MashaFan01
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
so?

There could be a "mental block" vs Serena - alltho I don't think so - But definitely not vs Azarenka and Li Na :)

goldlion
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
And she's been training everyday so far. Hope it pays off. :)

This is odd if she arrived on 6th because she could have gone to Birmingham to play a grass tournament as a top seed and play her first match on 8th as she'd have a first round bye. But she chose to go to London 2 weeks in advance for preparation.

MashaFan01
Jun 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
This is odd if she arrived on 6th because she could have gone to Birmingham to play a grass tournament as a top seed and play her first match on 8th as she'd have a first round bye. But she chose to go to London 2 weeks in advance for preparation.

She was probably tired after Rome and the French Open and needed some time off from matches - Maybe Sasha also had something to do with it? - The young couple maybe needed some quality time? :lol:

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
A good Wimbledon will go a long way to erase any doubts about Maria's game!

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM

I don't think Maria was happy with her game at RG and she needs at least 2 weeks to re-tool.

Maria's time away from tournaments has been very productive ever since she teamed up with Hogstedt.

Effy
Jun 11th, 2011, 12:04 AM
:unsure:

what?

claypova
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
welcome back?

:crying2:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I have a really good feeling about Maria and Wimbledon this year. I hope she doesn't disappoint. :tears:

Well that didn't last long. :o

goldlion
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I don't think Maria was happy with her game at RG and she needs at least 2 weeks to re-tool.

Maria's time away from tournaments has been very productive ever since she teamed up with Hogstedt.

Couldn't agree more.

Somehow clay court really favors her shot in a calm day however if it's windy like it was in her SF, it killed her timing and accuracy. Millions of time I could see she ran to the balls at the wrong time and didn't put enough spin, velocity, angle to them and let Na step in the finish the shot. Either they were widely missed or gone to the net.

But I don't particularly agree that grass suits her game. On this surface you need to be direct and precise. Her ball strike is fine, but she also appears to be having too much thought during the point and create psychological stress to her mind which affects her serve. Sometimes it is a good thing to be a brainless ballbasher as Azarenka. She just steps in when there's a short ball.

goldlion
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Well that didn't last long. :o

What do you mean? It hasn't started yet.

claypova
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM

:facepalm:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I have a really good feeling about Maria and Wimbledon this year. I hope she doesn't disappoint. :tears:

Oh, lucky us:rolleyes:

madmax
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:24 AM

oh snap...

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:47 AM

You're unbelievable :lol::help:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 11th, 2011, 08:54 AM

I meant the posters' ban time obvs. :lol:

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:50 PM
It's tough to cheer for Maria without any matches or news but I'm sure she is doing the right things.

Vartan
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:18 AM
BlueTrees the fake Sharapova fan act is :S

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Eastbourne will be closely watched in order to decide who will be favored to win Wimbledon.

doomsday
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
The draw will be out Friday morning right? :confused:

Shut up.

claypova
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
:hysteric:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Eastbourne will be closely watched in order to decide who will be favored to win Wimbledon.

:bounce: Yes especially Serena and Venus...

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Shut up.

:tears:

Shivank17
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
The draw at Eastbourne is so fierce. :bowdown:
Wish Maria played there. :tears: Would be awesome if they had a one week break between Eastbourne and Wimbledon,so that Maria played there. Its like a YEC field out there.

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
^Maria and the Woz are the notable missings!

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM
That's not gonna move The Williams sista's what so ever...

Shivank17
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
^Maria and the Woz are the notable missings!
And Kim. :oh:

That's not gonna move The Williams sista's what so ever...

Actually the William sisters(especially Serena) don't perform at their best level at Non-Slam tourneys nowadays,and they are coming back from injury,so TBH I will be kinda surprised if either of the Williams wins Eastbourne.

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 01:00 PM
^^It'll be rusty for them...Li NaNa will be tough too...

vozas
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Hey guys!

I was just rewatching some replays from Rome and Roland Garros... While the forehand was probably the main reason she got the title in Rome, I had forgotten how awful it looked throughout the entire French. I don't know if it was the wind or they were trying something else like a new grip or whatever, but it was so bad! No arm extension, the footwork was atrocious, and she was hitting it open stance most of the time. Sh*tty spin too. I know she has always had a wacky timing with her forehand but I SERIOUSLY hope they're working on it now. Forehands are not as important in grass as they are in clay but she can't afford to hand her opponent half their points in FH errors.

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Navratilova says that Sharapova's the favourite for Wimbledon. I'd have to agree with her. :shrug:

I just hope Williams sisters don't come back and play their best. :unsure:

Break My Rapture
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Oh just GTFO already.

vozas
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Navratilova says that Sharapova's the favourite for Wimbledon. I'd have to agree with her. :shrug:

Really? Was that an interview?

Well it's in Maria's racquet. It's good that Wimby isn't nearly as windy as RG and the courts don't create those swirls and tornadoes that awake Poova. But I don't know. She can certainly go far. I just hope she doesn't end up in Serena's half. None of the other players scare me. Well maybe Li of course, but I expect her to start sucking any moment now.

Azarenka and Kvitova have clear issues with handling the pressure in later stages, and Clijsters and Kim are just old. Lobniacki and all the other newbies aren't an issue either.

We'll see. The first match will be very telling. Can't wait to see the changes they made for grass season.

kimgurl
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=437432

I'm just a bit nervous because she hasn't been to great at Wimbledon for a while. Hasn't been in the QF in five years. :unsure: She seems to do well at RG but can't translate it to Wimbledon. Last year she played a good match against Serena though but choked the first set away. :tears:

well she played well in RG:hehehe: considering that its the only GS tourny she havent won..if only she didnt get unlucky in the game against na li, im pretty sure she would have won the game in the final..have faith on masha u guys,;):hi5:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Guys, Don't be rude to BlueTrees :(

Shafanovic.
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM
He/She/It's not a Masha fan :rolleyes:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM
still...he/she isn't that bad we've seen much worse...:)

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
She she jinxes Maria all the time, and pretends to actually like Maria when she hates her :help:.

She's so annoying !

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM
He/She/It's not a Masha fan :rolleyes:

Like you would know? Even if I wasn't a Sharapova fan, why does it matter? It's not like I'm coming in here and hating on her and making fun of her. :o The disruption being caused is by most of you people being plain rude. I just got confident that she'd win RG'11 and said she's got it in the bag. I admit it was stupid now, but it doesn't mean I hate her, please stop it because it's getting ridiculous.

She she jinxes Maria all the time, and pretends to actually like Maria when she hates her :help:.

She's so annoying !

Find me a single post where I've hated on Sharapova. I've hated on Wozniacki. I've hated on Ivanovic. Never on Sharapova. :wavey:

I'm a guy by the way. :secret:

Shyra
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM

lot's of experts are pointing out Maria... but it wouldn't be as great as her last Wimbly win in 2004 if the William sisters wouldn't be there...

to be the GREATEST you have to beat the GREAT!!! :D

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Losers throw shit, winners have to eat it!

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Like you would know? Even if I wasn't a Sharapova fan, why does it matter? It's not like I'm coming in here and hating on her and making fun of her. :o The disruption being caused is by most of you people being plain rude. I just got confident that she'd win RG'11 and said she's got it in the bag. I admit it was stupid now, but it doesn't mean I hate her, please stop it because it's getting ridiculous.

Find me a single post where I've hated on Sharapova. I've hated on Wozniacki. I've hated on Ivanovic. Never on Sharapova. :wavey:

I'm a guy by the way. :secret:

Why do you keep jinxing her then. I mean everytime Maria enters a Slam you open a thread "Maria is going to win Wimbledon" etc. Its so annoying.

I though you were a girl but anyway:tape:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
What are you talking about? That's not me? :confused: It was BepaMaria. Go check if you want. :shrug:

I did say I thought she'll win RG but it wasn't a jinx. :confused:

Anyway, you can either move on from it or keep being rude about it. If you have such a problem with all the "trouble" I'm causing here then you can simply use the "ignore" function and all my "troublesome" posts will be invisible. And that speaks for all the other rude people to me also. Have it your way.

Chill out man. Its not like is bothering me that much :shrug:, but it gets annoying sometimes.

Welcome to SS.:wavey:

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Ok sorry if I was annoying. I won't do it again. :)

Thank you. :wavey:

MashaFan01
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Williams sisters worth a flutter;But Navratilova says odds against Serena winning Wimbledon again (http://www.yardbarker.com/tennis/articles/williams_sisters_worth_a_flutterbut_navratilova_sa ys_odds_against_serena_winning_wimbledon_again/5003011)

I honestly can't see anything controversial in what Navratilova says

lefty24
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
There's always SO MUCH drama in SS, especially when Maria isn't playing. Kinda funny

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
BlueTrees what's your name? I don't wanna call you as BlueTrees even though it's funny...;)

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
My name is Victor. :) How about you?

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I'm Juho. I'm sorry that you've been misunderstood in here...
BTW are you Russian? I'm a Finn! :)

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Nope. I'm Australian. I just have the Russian flag because my favourite is Dinara. I should probably change it but meh. :lol:

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
:p Oh that doesn't matter, many people use different flags...
Well I'm 16, are you really 19? We have a lot of teens/youngsters in here

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yes I'm 19. :) 16? That's young! :p You're in school I guess? :scratch:

Break My Rapture
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Losers throw shit, winners have to eat it!
OH DEAR GOD THAT WAS SOOO RANDOM. :hysteric: I can't.

Craig.
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
:p Oh that doesn't matter, many people use different flags...
Well I'm 16, are you really 19? We have a lot of teens/youngsters in here

If you're nineteen, you're technically a teen.

WTAtennisfan15
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Yes I'm 19. :) 16? That's young! :p You're in school I guess? :scratch:

Yep, but now we have a summer vacation! :worship: