PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Brits: Who's the better singer: Leona Lewis vs. Adele

VeeJJ
Jun 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thought this would be an interesting thread. Both girls are EPIC singers, probably two of the best voice of this generation. Who's got the better voice? This is not a thread based on achievement or possible future achievement. Just their voices. WWW?

Imperfect Angel
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
I like both voices but I prefer Leona's since she can make me have an ear-gasm.:drool:

M.S.F
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Adele without a doubt.
Stronger voice and probably the most original young singer at the moment.
Leona on the other hand is good but lack in personality and most of her music is not unique with so many forgettable ballads, no wonder her last album flopped badly everywhere.
Right now she is making dance music for her third album so maybe that will be a good change in sound.

nufflemutts
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
Adele without a doubt.
Stronger voice and probably the most original young singer at the moment.
Leona on the other hand is good but lack in personality and most of her music is not unique with so many forgettable ballads, no wonder her last album flopped badly everywhere.
Right now she is making dance music for her third album so maybe that will be a good change in sound.

Adele's music isn't so original though.

Imperfect Angel
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
Amy Winehouse should be added to the list as well. Duffy? Jessie J? and other good voices from Brit as well.:p

Imperfect Angel
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM

:speakles: Proof?:bolt:

M.S.F
Jun 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM

I don't agree.
I love how she make it simple but yet it sounds so epic like "Someone Like You".

nufflemutts
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't agree.
I love how she make it simple but yet it sounds so epic like "Someone Like You".

Well yes. She's not introducing anything new or ground breaking. It's been done before. I like Adele very much so, she has great voice but I don't think she's that original in terms of lyrics or tunes, which by the way isn't always a bad thing. One doesn't have to always reinvent the wheel.

Tennisation
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:21 PM
I don't think Adele has the pipes that Leona has. Leona can really SANG. Adele's voice is just unique and she's sorta like the female version of Michael Buble. You don't see Michael Buble belting out mad singing skills and neither do Adele. Adele doesn't have the vocal range and versatility that Leona has. I love Adele, but Leona wins this one.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 1st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Adele :bounce:

The Witch-king
Jun 1st, 2011, 10:21 PM
Ew they both suck

Dave.
Jun 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM
yK8i0vEyRUQ

FCOn4Gmj4T0

BartoliBabes
Jun 1st, 2011, 11:06 PM
i think Leona has a better voice BUT i prefer Adele

VeeJJ
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Knew this would be an interesting debate. I agree that Leona has the better pipes. She can belt the notes just as good as some of the greats (Whitney, Celine, Mariah, etc.) But I think she lacks the star power and personality that Adele has. Adele writes her own original songs and has the voice to boot. Someone here made a Michael Buble reference and i kinda agree but I think that as far as voice goes Adele is above Buble and just under Leona. Adele can belt as well. But she has that kind of Rusty voice, which sounds beautiful. Leona has the smoother voice and younger sounding.

VeeJJ
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:01 AM
Amy Winehouse should be added to the list as well. Duffy? Jessie J? and other good voices from Brit as well.:p

TBH honest other than Amy Winehouse IDK who the other people are :sobbing: I'm a horrible person. But are their voices on the same Caliber. I don't think Amy's is.

Solitaire
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:37 AM
Both ladies are great but I prefer Adele over all. Adele makes me feel something when she sings she comes off as sincere. LL while having an awesome voice doesn't give me the same emotion when she sings.

Uranium
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Adele.

TBH honest other than Amy Winehouse IDK who the other people are :sobbing: I'm a horrible person. But are their voices on the same Caliber. I don't think Amy's is.

Duffy - Mercy
Jessie J - Price Tag.

Both songs were popular in the US (the latter is currently.) Surely you know them, but can't put name to voice.

MH0861
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:40 AM
Depends what you look for in a voice. Leona is technically a better singer and has greater range, but Adele puts much more emotion and soul into her vocals.

The Dawntreader
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Depends what you look for in a voice. Leona is technically a better singer and has greater range, but Adele puts much more emotion and soul into her vocals.

This. I've heard Leona range from a low E, to a high E flat/E natural, but she has no real sense of sincerity, doesn't really evoke anything beyond the superficial. Everytime i hear her sing, it's just notes. She goes very, very sharp in live performances too, often scooping and battling to keep at the right pitch.

Adele is a contralto, so naturally her voice is all about her middle to low register, but she's a more fluid singer, and transitions from head to chest voice much better. More importantly however, she doesn't overlook phrasing and the colouring of words. She makes them all count.

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
My faveourite British woman singers are:
Sonique, Amy Winehouse an Adele.
So I choose the last one in this battle.

Andy.
Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
The question is who is the better singer, not who has the better songs, who is more unique, who's songs make you feel something etc. In terms of having a better voice I would have to go with Leona.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Leona is technically better but Adele can emote better; its important as a singer to have a soul and not just technical superiority. For me Adele is the overall better singer.

(blah blah blah preachy ironic blah blah) In terms of having a better voice I would have to go with Leona.

The question isn't who has the better voice, the question is who is the better singer. There is much more to being a singer than just having a better voice. But then again, given your track record, you probably looked at who the tall and "glamorous" one was and voted for her.

delicatecutter
Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think Leona is the better singer in any sense of the word. Especially if she struggles with her pitch singing live.

eck
Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Can I say none? And suggest Florence and the Machine? :angel:

Olórin
Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Leona has a better voice: more power, more range and a nicer tone imo. But based off her current album and live performances Adele seems to be a slightly better singer. More emotion, soul, more of her personality comes across when she sings.

Also they both have some really good songs. 21 and Spirit are both quite transcendent albums imo.

debopero
Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM

Amy Winehouse has more talent than the both of them imo :tape:. To bad she's an alcoholic :sad: .

At any rate,I never completely bought into the Leona hype. She has no soul and quite frankly,I have never heard her sing something without having a few bum notes. I think Adele too has been a bit overpraised ("21" was not thatimpressive) but her voice is much more distinct and she has really nice phrasing :). So I think Adele is better.

Imperfect Angel
Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Can I say none? And suggest Florence and the Machine? :angel:

:worship: Singing alongside with JHud, Xtina, Martina McBride and Yolanda Adams on Grammy giving tribute to Aretha surely means something!!!:cheer:

Beat
Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ew they both suck

it still makes me laugh out loud that you once asked me: "do you ever say anything positive?" :rolls: