Pages : [1] 2

18majors
May 27th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Good luck Sabine!

18majors
May 28th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Sabine on her home page:

Hi everyone,
I had a great tournament and a very good match against Vera. Unfortunately it didn´t go my way but I still have a lot of positive things that I take out of this match! I´m sad that my body let me down. Doctors recently discovered that I´m intolerante to Gluten- meaning I can´t eat e.g. pasta. One of the biggest energy sources...

My body needs to adjust to the big change and needs some time. Its good that we found out and it will only make life better in the long run! Thanks for all the nice messages! I´m ok and excited to continue my good play on the grass.

Mike81
May 28th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Let's hope for a similar performance to her grass season of 2009! :)

Time to look forward. Some media 'commentators' and keyboard heroes have taken aim at Sabine following her cramping at the French Open, saying she was overreacting because she lost! Of course we know that this is total nonsense but what better way to silence these people than really showing what she's capable of at Wimbledon. She was so close to a breakthrough again, I feel one coming! Go Sabine!

CillyUltra
May 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Let's hope her grass allergy won't affect her anymore.

18majors
May 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Sabine's game is there but she needs a good draw and breaks to either repeat her 2009 quarter-final or better at 2011 Wimbledon.

Wert.
May 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
She can do well Im sure.Just take some rest and be fresh for grass.Allez Sabine!

18majors
May 28th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Good luck Sabine!

Omega1
May 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Good luck in grass season Sabine :bounce::hearts:

18majors
May 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Sabine on Facebook:

Hi everyone, I´m feeling a lot better and in a few days I´ll start practicing again... My next tournament will be Birmingham. Currently I´m 1st out of Main Draw so we´ll see what happens...
Last night I went to watch Fast & Furious 5... Did anyone of you see that movie? I really liked it but I have to admit I´m a girl who really likes cars (and action)... :)))

Wert.
May 30th, 2011, 06:35 AM
That means she will probably play in MD Directly.I expect someone to withdraw.Anyway,good
luck...

http://www.sportsister.com/wp-content/uploads2/Centre-Court.png http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0015/AF/F0/AFF01C3034A08AF8D3CF4D_Large.jpg http://www.oriflame.com/wta/wp-content/themes/oriflame-wta/images/logos/birmingham_logo.png

18majors
May 30th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Sabine will join her good friend Maria Sharapova.

18majors
May 31st, 2011, 12:28 AM
Less than one week to go!

Mike81
May 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Go Sabine! Bring back those memories from '09 :cool:

18majors
May 31st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Sabine's game is back and now is the time to climb the ranking ladders.

Rovegun
May 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
hope she can do MD...

Michael!
May 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hercog is out of Birmingham and Sabine replaces her in MD :)
Normally I wouldn´t mind it at all when Sabne has to play q, but in this case it should be good for her as this gives her a few days more off before her next match...

18majors
Jun 1st, 2011, 01:30 AM
I agree that extra time is good for Sabine. Go Sabine, go.

Wert.
Jun 1st, 2011, 06:27 AM
:cheer: :cheer:

18majors
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM
I can't wait for Sabine to return to top 20 where she belongs.

18majors
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
Good luck Sabine!

Mike81
Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
Go Sabine! :bounce:

hellas719
Jun 2nd, 2011, 05:38 AM
GL Sabine! :bounce:

18majors
Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Go!

18majors
Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:46 AM
Good luck Sabine!

Wert.
Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Fans :) I had my first hit on grass in two years yesterday!! It was fun but I also need a bit time to adjust to it again :) That´s why it was perfect that we could hit for a little over two hours! Now I´m off to the gym and later on we go on site to hit.
I want to thank ALL my fans who send me the nice messages and advises about gluten free diets. Thanks for thinking of me. xoxo

Sabine On Facebook

18majors
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Good luck Sabine!

Wert.
Jun 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Alleeeeeezeeeez!

Wert.
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:34 PM
(1)Kaia Kanepi EST v BYE
Virginie Razzano FRA v Qualifier
Qualifier v Coco Vandeweghe USA
(wc)Emily Webley-Smith GBR v (14)Magdalena Rybarikova SVK

(12)Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN v Sabine Lisicki GER
Kirsten Flipkens BEL v Noppawan Lertcheewakarn THA
Sania Mirza IND v Tamira Paszek AUT
(6)Ekaterina Makarova RUS v BYE

(3)Shuai Peng CHN v BYE
Qualifier v Caroline Garcia FRA
Misaki Doi JPN v Edina Gallovits-Hall ROU
Heather Watson GBR v (15)Chanelle Scheepers RSA

(11)Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ v Jie Zheng CHN
Marina Erakovic NZL v Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP
Christina Mchale USA v Anastasia Rodionova AUS
(7)Sara Errani ITA v BYE

(8)Aravane Rezai FRA v BYE
Olga Govortsova BLR v Romina Oprandi ITA
Alison Riske USA v Urszula Radwanska POL
Qualifier v (10)Bojana Jovanovski SRB

(16)Alla Kudryavtseva RUS v Alize Cornet FRA
Sandra Zahlavova CZE v Casey Dellacqua AUS
Kai-Chen Chang TPE v Sorana Cirstea ROU
(4)Daniela Hantuchova SVK v BYE

(5)Roberta Vinci ITA v BYE
Mirjana Lucic CRO v Qualifier
Jill Craybas USA v Andrea Hlavackova CZE
(9)Ayumi Morita JPN v BYE

(13)Rebecca Marino CAN v (wc)Melanie South GBR
Qualifier v Qualifier
(wc)Samantha Murray GBR v Anna Tatishvili GEO
(2/wc)Ana Ivanovic SRB v BYE

burn
Jun 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Kimiko should definitely be beatable :yeah:
Toughest opponent should be Makarova...

crazillo
Jun 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Kimiko has been bad lately but this should be her strongest surface...

18majors
Jun 4th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Sabine, win the title please.

18majors
Jun 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I know Sabine is back in shape because Sabine beat Na Li in Stuttgart and Na Li won 2011 FO.

Mike81
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:00 AM
If Sabine can't beat a 40 year old then she has problems... Just needs to be patient and she'll win well. Good luck Sabine :cool:

Michael!
Jun 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Good draw for Sabine, she definitely has to win her first two rounds here, no doubt about that!

Wert.
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I can see her in with tittle here.Or at least in final.Luck good!

Wert.
Jun 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM

Mirza :scared:

Specter
Jun 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM

Mirza :scared:

2011 - AUCKLAND - HARD - S. Lisicki 6-1 6-7(7) 7-6(5)
2011 - CHARLESTON - CLAY - S. Mirza 6-4 6-4

Totally doable. :)

Makarova H2H is also 1-1, but the games were in '06 and '09, so not very telling.

I think if Bine keeps her shit together she can go far in this one. There's no one in here she can't beat when playing her best tennis.

18majors
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, here comes your 2nd WTA title Sabine!

Wert.
Jun 5th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Honestly I dont pay much attention on matches which are played like 3/4 years ago.All depends on current form...

Wert.
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Sab will play last match on Centre Court Tomorow.good Luck!

Rovegun
Jun 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
good luck, Sabine!

18majors
Jun 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Good luck Sabine!

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Sabine on Facebook:

Congrats to Rafa! what a match... I really like the fact that they play the national anthem at RG! It makes it even more special... What do you guys think of it?
I´m going to play my first round here in Brimingham tomorrow 4th match after 11o´clock on Center court. The weather has been ok with only a few drops come down today and tomorrow is suppose to be fine too. Let´s hope for a nice day :)

mk27
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Sabine Lisicki d. Kimiko Date-Krumm 64 76

Michael!
Jun 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Good start for Sabine, 1st match on grass since Wimbledon 2009!
She should have won it more easy but that is a general problem of Sabine anyway, *41 in 1st set, 42* in 2nd set but wasn´t consistent enough then! Positive thing is that she was able to serve it out in first set and that she was able to hold serve at *45 and *56 in 2nd set and then won the TB pretty easily, that should give her confidence!

1st serve was pretty effective, around 50% of 1st serves was in, which is decent but still some space to improve, next round probably against Flipkens, she should also win this, important for her to get a few matches on grass now before she has to play q in London!

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM
^I agree that playing more matches is the most important thing. Congratulations on the win!

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Flipkens is leading 6-1, 4-1.

18majors
Jun 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Sabine will play Flipkens in R2.

Dorien.
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Well done :cheer: Good start :)

Rovegun
Jun 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
well done today! hope she keeps it going... Sabine should make R3 at least

Mike81
Jun 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Happy to see she won (expected though anyway v 40 year old) but I wish Sabine would come back to twitter and acknowledge the support of her fans. No tweets since May 28. Yet she still posts on facebook but that isn't much use to twitter fans who want her to answer their questions.

hellas719
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Sabs :yeah:

18majors
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:57 AM
^Sabine is on Facebook because of "Xperia Hot Shots" competition.

burn
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Sabine :yeah:

Mike81
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
^Sabine is on Facebook because of "Xperia Hot Shots" competition.

Ummm yeah but she was on Facebook way before the competition was even known about and twitter is also part of the Xperia Hot Shots competition. Even Sorana Cirstea is tweeting more than Sabine and she rarely tweets. On Facebook Sabine never answers any fan questions only on twitter, so it's quite obvious that by not bothering to go on twitter Sabine does not want to have communication with fans at the moment :rolleyes:

I'm still a big Sabine fan and wish her well on the court but I'm just not feeling my usual enthusiasm for her, due to the above reasons.

Omega1
Jun 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Congratulations on the win ! :cheer::cheer: :hearts::hearts::cheer::cheer:

I also see that Sabine is now concentrating more on tennis
than on facebook.
She's back and just needs more points. Therefore I can nachvolziehen that they, in moment, less concentrated on facebook than on tournaments.
In my opinion, is the right decision.
When I speak of an exam or test stand, I do not dance every day in the disco.

Mike81
Jun 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Ok to be fair she just tweeted a few messages. Didn't reply to my questions though but that's ok.

CillyUltra
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I'm still a big Sabine fan and wish her well on the court but I'm just not feeling my usual enthusiasm for her, due to the above reasons.

Some fan you are. :lol:

Mike81
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Some fan you are. :lol:

Say what you like but I'm definately a Sabine fan. I think staying up all night in Australia to watch her play Zvonareva and not getting to bed til 6:30 am and uploading several Sabine videos to you tube proves that. But I was a bigger Ana Ivanovic fan before first really seriously watching Sabine at Hopman Cup 2010 and then discovering her you tube videos and twitter. I started to tire of Ana's lack of results and lack of online presence. So the online experience is an important part of why I'm a Sabine fan at all. People don't have agree with this way of supporting, but a fan I am nonetheless. I don't tell you guys how to support.

Michael!
Jun 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
You seem to care more about her twitter, FB or outfits than you care about her results! Sabine is a tennis player, not some media girl or whatever, it is nice to get some news and reports here and there and also nice for sure when you get some replies here and there when you ask her sth but that is definitely not most important! Most important for her as a player (and for me also as a fan) are her results on court! And Sabine has tons of fans, tons of messages she gets every day, it is just impossible that she keeps replying regularly and you have to stay realistic, she cares for her fans but not more, I said that before, Mike, you have to be careful that you don´t get too fanatic about Sabine, that´s not healthy at all! And don´t take this too personal, as I said, I also dont tell you how to support but you also told me your opinion about me! :)

I personally think that FB,twitter and Co isnt that healthy in general anyway, players don´t have any privacy at all anymore! I was also a big fan of Anke Huber and during her active time I didnt have internet at all, I just followed her results, watched her on TV and was recording some of those matches and was collecting some articles in newspapers and that totally enough for me, these days people get too easily too fanatic about their favs as there are just too many possibilities to follow players and fans of the players just get too demanding ( like you know when you already turn bitchy when Sabine doesn´t reply to your messages or doesnt post on twitter for a few days )
so my only advice to you, don´t get too obsessed with Sabine ;)

Mike81
Jun 7th, 2011, 02:03 PM
You seem to care more about her twitter, FB or outfits than you care about her results! Sabine is a tennis player, not some media girl or whatever, it is nice to get some news and reports here and there and also nice for sure when you get some replies here and there when you ask her sth but that is definitely not most important! Most important for her as a player (and for me also as a fan) are her results on court! And Sabine has tons of fans, tons of messages she gets every day, it is just impossible that she keeps replying regularly and you have to stay realistic, she cares for her fans but not more, I said that before, Mike, you have to be careful that you don´t get too fanatic about Sabine, that´s not healthy at all! And don´t take this too personal, as I said, I also dont tell you how to support but you also told me your opinion about me! :)

I personally think that FB,twitter and Co isnt that healthy in general anyway, players don´t have any privacy at all anymore! I was also a big fan of Anke Huber and during her active time I didnt have internet at all, I just followed her results, watched her on TV and was recording some of those matches and was collecting some articles in newspapers and that totally enough for me, these days people get too easily too fanatic about their favs as there are just too many possibilities to follow players and fans of the players just get too demanding ( like you know when you already turn bitchy when Sabine doesn´t reply to your messages or doesnt post on twitter for a few days )
so my only advice to you, don´t get too obsessed with Sabine ;)

Yes well I've never followed a female tennis player as closely as I do Sabine Lisicki. My favourite tennis female years ago was Anna Kournikova but that wasn't special because so many people liked her because they liked the way she looked and she wore nice outfits even though she never won titles. She was in magazines and in the media alot and it did get the WTA more attention, despite all the critics who complained about the lack of substance. Ana Ivanovic was just the most appealing player to me for a time there after Anna K retired.

With someone like Lleyton Hewitt who I've seen live plenty of times, I really only cared about his tennis. With female players, rightly or wrongly I'm interested in seeing pictures, videos and following them on facebook or twitter. I can't help what interests me and what doesn't. But since following Sabine, I started playing tennis again after a few years off, so I certainly am interested in her tennis, I just don't focus only on that.

I care about Sabine as a person and I have always found her so cute with that smile :kiss: and I want to find out more about her outside of tennis still, because I've really enjoyed the videos of her and tweets, especially her replies. Yes she's a tennis player but I still haven't seen her play too many matches, I didn't really follow her back in '09 unfortunately because I wasn't watching much tennis then. Hope she can get on tv alot more often and then I'll focus more on the tennis.

By the way, I've had problems with a couple of Sabine fans who also disagree with my way of supporting her (especially on twitter and you tube) which has dampened my enthusiasm for being such an online fan. Too be perfectly honest I already have been fanatical about Sabine, but it's declining now as I realise I have unrealistic expectations. I had amazing luck with replies from her on twitter which surely can't continue and when I think about it, is pointless anyway because I have other things in my life that I'm neglecting. I know now that getting too fanatical is unhealthy. I ran up a high phone bill checking and replying to Sabine's tweets at work!

OK that's enough about me! I don't want to spoil this topic. So I won't discuss this issue any further in this thread, unless someone has something else to say. You probably won't see me around here so much anymore.

crazillo
Jun 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
If I was a professional tennis player, I wouldn't allow people to be my facebook friends. I would set up a fan page conntected to my homepage and that's it. So actuallys quite similair to Andrea Petkovic who is on Facebook but only has a couple friends there.

And Mike, you are close to being fanatic, and I don't like that at all. It's people like you who can be really dangerous, and mostly to yourself. I don't know you and don't want to be too harsh on you, but you should really see a doctor and get some advise if things go on like that.

Rovegun
Jun 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
If I was a professional tennis player, I wouldn't allow people to be my facebook friends. I would set up a fan page conntected to my homepage and that's it. So actuallys quite similair to Andrea Petkovic who is on Facebook but only has a couple friends there.

many players have their fan pages and their own facebook pages for friends to be in touch with them...

Geekking
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mike you are not interested with Sabine's tennis nor her life... Your are just obsessed! Stop trolling on twitter

I'm not putting my own comment here but I would like to know what other fans think about you...

http://i55.tinypic.com/2poy0z8.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/2yzddlw.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2dgpag8.jpg

I warned you on twitter and I want to let other fans what kind of person you are!

http://i51.tinypic.com/2a857gp.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2w3ujb8.jpg

18majors
Jun 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Go, Sabine!

lovethetennis
Jun 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I have to agree with Geekking. Mike81 is very obsessed with Sabine. I've been knowing this for months and have tried to ignore it and keep quiet. I do not align myself with his idea of what a tennis fan is supposed to be. Maybe crazillo is right, Mike should see a doctor. I just know that kind of fandom scares me more than it does anything else.

Mike81
Jun 7th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Hmmm. I resent the claim that I don't care about Sabine's tennis or life as I've followed her closely and cheered for her when playing, stayed up to odd hours to catch her play. The nice comments I've sent were genuine, not just to get attention. Also who stuck up for Sabine on you tube when people were calling her 'cry baby' and 'drama queen' after her cramping incident. Yes, I did.

I don't need to see a doctor. I'll just be keeping a lower profile here. It's clear that the likes Geekking and lovethetennis have annointed themselves as the 'ideal' fans of Sabine Lisicki. I'll just support her in my own way, which thanks to you guys will probably be mainly from my TV rather than online. GOODBYE! :(

I don't think it's fair to attack a forum member like you have me. I felt like I had been a good contributor to this forum.

cosmoose
Jun 8th, 2011, 02:20 AM
ok.....back to the original topic.

Bine will play Flipkens today. 2nd match after 11am on Court 1.
Bine leads head to head 1 to 0.
Afaik, there is no live streaming.

Go Bine :)

18majors
Jun 8th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Flipkens and then most likely Makarova.

kirivanovic
Jun 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Omg, i hope that Sabine will never read that, it's gross, disrespectful and has nothing to do with sport. Dunno how old you are dude but grow up.You have no chance with her and i understand why she doesn't use twitter a lot if she has stalkers like that. I don't even want to imagine her reaction if she read that.She's not a porn actress, she's only playing tennis and her game is very beautiful to see with very clear shots and some good variety when she's "in".I totally agree with Geeking, he's not conservative, he just respects women and will not wank on her "butt" every night.

Mike81
Jun 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
^^ I apologise to those offended by the comments. I did not ever expect they'd end up here. A couple of posters seem to be on a mission to push me away from being a Sabine fan but they have the wrong idea about me. These posters are on my ignore list and I don't wish to talk with them anymore.

I am being totally truthful when I say that the comments do not at all reflect all that Sabine means to me. I do respect her alot and I like her mostly because of her positive attacking tennis, her sweet smile and her friendly and down to earth personality. I regret making the comments now, if Sabine ever saw the comments and was offended I'd apologise wholeheartedly for what it's worth. I've removed the comments from YT but I guess if Geekking wanted he could sink the boot in and show the screen caps to more people, even Sabine. That would mean no more Mike81! mission accomplished! :o

I've seen comments far cruder on General Messages about other tennis players (just see the tennis players in bikinis thread) but that's besides the point. I regret the comments because it's too easy to perceive me as being sleezy, but I've sent her many nice messages on twitter over the past months as well which made her happy (should I screen cap them and show you them? :rolleyes:) I'm still her fan and noone has the right to tell me whether I can be a fan or not.

Oh well that is my side of the story.

I won't post so often in here now.

CillyUltra
Jun 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Mike you are not interested with Sabine's tennis nor her life... Your are just obsessed! Stop trolling on twitter

I'm not putting my own comment here but I would like to know what other fans think about you...

I don't like it, but this is pretty harmless compared with what's being posted on this forum:
Not strictly on the topic but surely even the most gay of buggers on here must desire to slip the desirable Julia a length wouldn't they:confused:

Mike shoudn't be too obsessed about his twitter "contact" to Sabine, that was the sticking point.

mk27
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Sabine Lisicki (GER) d. Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 75 76(3)

matthias
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM
well done, and nice to see her winning tight sets

Michael!
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Good win! :)
Flipkens was a good test on grass!
nice to see that Sabine won 2 TBs in a row here and that she was able to come back after break down in both sets, should really give her some confidence back after that unlucky defeat against Zvonareva! She still is pretty weak over 2nd serve but with 60% first serves in and 10 aces (80% won over 1st serve) she can be satisfied!
Her serve is really important for her game and I hope she keeps improving it!

18majors
Jun 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Congratulations!

18majors
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sabine can win this title. I'm encouraged because she beat Na Li on clay and Na Li won FO.

18majors
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Sabine will play Paszek next. Go Sabine!

Dorien.
Jun 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Flipper is indeed a tough opponent on grass, so well done Sabine :cheer:

Sasja
Jun 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Really nice win today over Flipkens :yeah:

Nice straight sets win over Bartoli in Charleston, QF in Stuttgart defeating Cibulkova and Li and 4 wins in a row at RG and almost beating Zvonareva there :)
Her results are really improving. Really getting back on the right track and she surely will gained some confidence from the last few tournaments :D

Really happy for her :hearts:

Good luck against Paszek :rocker2:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Saw most of the match, Sabine wasnt impressive at all from what I saw (7-5 1-0), she wasnt moving into the ball well, the footwork was pretty much non existant throughout.

Started off slowly, Sabs looked really low on confidecne, kept on glancing at her camp endlessly and was putting a lot more topsin on her strokes to compensate. Hopefully she gathers a bit more momentum and confidence.

We were cheering her on endlessly, trying to pump her up as she looked incredibly nervous out there (to the point where some of the other people and the ball boys started looking at us like we were crazy ) Lost my voice now.

18majors
Jun 8th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I feel happy for Sabine that she is re-gaining her statue as a WTA upcomer with every match and every win. Hopefully, the days of ITF and qualifying will be behind her soon.

Mike81
Jun 9th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I don't like it, but this is pretty harmless compared with what's being posted on this forum:

Mike shoudn't be too obsessed about his twitter "contact" to Sabine, that was the sticking point.

I agree and now I'm taking a break from twitter, which is a good thing for me. That's what I've been saying the comments weren't that bad compared to others I've read but I'm still sorry for them, I should keep to myself... Anyway, I am happy with Sabine's victory and I look forward to her following her climb up the rankings.

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 12:32 AM
^I'm happy that Mike81 and I are no longer the only posters on Sabine's sub-forum.

cosmoose
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:04 AM
We were cheering her on endlessly, trying to pump her up as she looked incredibly nervous out there (to the point where some of the other people and the ball boys started looking at us like we were crazy ) Lost my voice now.
you did the right thing! you are a good fan :D I hope she gave you a nice smile for your hard work :D

maybe she was tired or stressed out from waiting all day for the weather to clear.
in her video, she mentioned that she was there for 10 hours today for her match.

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Mirjana Lucic vs. Andrea Hlavackova
2. Sabine Lisicki vs. Tamira Paszek

Wert.
Jun 9th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Tough Match but GL :cheer:

Rovegun
Jun 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Sabine has done so far in Birmingham so hopefully she can win even today and hope Andrea can as well... good luck!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jun 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM
you did the right thing! you are a good fan :D I hope she gave you a nice smile for your hard work :D

maybe she was tired or stressed out from waiting all day for the weather to clear.
in her video, she mentioned that she was there for 10 hours today for her match.

She let me take a picture with her on Sunday! She was really sweet about it too; my friend (the dawntreader from TF) accidentally shut off the camera and she started laughing and when I asked if she woulld pose for another picture, she happily obliged!

burn
Jun 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Sabine :bounce:

Geekking
Jun 9th, 2011, 12:47 PM
First set Sabinee!! 7-6(1):woohoo:

CillyUltra
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM
:cheer:
Sabine defeats Tamira Paszek 76(1) 64

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Congratulations! Good luck at QF!

Mike81
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
3 wins in a row for Sabine :cool: Hope next match will be streamed.

mk27
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Good win :yeah:

She should be back in the Top 90 on Monday :cool:

Sabinator.
Jun 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm sooo happy!!! Congrats Sabine :hearts:

Tomorrow will be broadcast QFs from Birmingham in ES2. I'm nearly 100% sure we will see Sabine probably vs Rybarikova. Good luck! :bounce:

Geekking
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Sabineeee:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can't wait to watch her match tomorrow! I'm so happy for her results! She is playing great (according to stats and breaks).

GO SABINE GOO!! :bounce:

Rovegun
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:23 PM
oh my god I´m going to miss it! damn it! but there is going to be some replay at night

anyway well done today! good luck tomorrow!

lovethetennis
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Great job today Sabine :yeah:

lovethetennis
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know if Sabine were to win this tourney, would she still have to play qualies at Wimbledon?

mk27
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know if Sabine were to win this tourney, would she still have to play qualies at Wimbledon?

Yes, she must definitely play qualifying which will start on Tuesday next week.

Sasja
Jun 9th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nice win again there for Sabine :D
And a QF :yeah:

Looking forward to watch her QF match :cheer:

SeMany
Jun 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
mit dem sieg steht sie praktisch auch zu 99,99% in melbourne im hauptfeld;)

Michael!
Jun 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Good win for Sabine, didn´t expect that, as Paszek/Makarova was a good match it seems while Sabine vs. Flipkens was terrible :tape: :lol:

Nice to see that Sabine won her third TB here in her third match, that is :eek:
Good that she makes the important points now, also had no problems to hold when she served for the match at *54 :)

1st serve percentage was really good again, she still has some problems when she has to go over 2nd serve, would be nice to see her winning a set without getting broken at all, so far she has too many up´s and down´s for that, but great tournament :)

Omega1
Jun 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Michael, where did you match Sabine vs. Flipkens seen?

Michael!
Jun 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
^^ I didn´t see it, but a few people were there and posted some reports + even Sabine herself posted on twitter that it wasn´t a good match :lol:

Omega1
Jun 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Too bad, I thought that you can see the matches somewhere.

Dorien.
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well done Sabine :cheer:

18majors
Jun 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Sabine will play Rybarikova at QF. Rybarikova is a good grass courter but Sabine should take it.

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)
1. Alison Riske vs. Daniela Hantuchova
2. Mirjana Lucic vs. Ana Ivanovic
3. Peng Shuai vs. Marina Erakovic
4. Magdalena Rybarikova vs. Sabine Lisicki
5. Cirstea/Erakovic vs Dellacqua/Scheepers

Wert.
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Good Luck! :cheer:

Wert.
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I think Eurosport is going to show Final as every year.Hope to see Sabine there :)

DiscoStick
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Go Sabine :cheer:

Omega1
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Sabine Good luck in the QF :bounce:

Sasja
Jun 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
They are on court now :)

It's now on ES2, but they they will switch to soccer at 06.30 pm CET :(

Good luck Sabine :cheer:

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Wow 3 aces in 3 points! She is playing wonderful tennis at the moment!

CillyUltra
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
:cheer: :bounce: :cheer:
Sabine defeats Magdalena Rybarikova 76(1) 64

Sabinator.
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
:smooch: :bounce: :bigclap: :cheer: :hearts: Thank you!

Sasja
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sabine :rocker2:

SF against Peng :cheer: So happy for her :sobbing:

mk27
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Good match from her :yeah:

Michael!
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I was complaining yesterday about the fact that she never was able to hold serve during an entire set, now it was all perfect, at least until 76 52* :lol:

Gret win for Sabine, won her 4th TB in a row here, was abel to handle the pressure here in 1st set when Rybarikova looked more solid on her serve first, then Sabine got stronger and 2nd set she really dominated it...of course, she got broken then at *52 but so important for her that she was able to save those BPs at *54 and finally win the match :D

Well, I wouldnt mind a tank against Peng, Wimbledon seems more important for me, but hopefully Sabine feels strong enough for both, Birmingham and Wimbledon, Peng will be definitely another good test but great to see already that she recovered from her defeat against Zvonareva! :)

Dorien.
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I'm so happy for her :hearts:

Wert.
Jun 10th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Great.Sooo happy :inlove:

lovethetennis
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Sabine, way to keep it together and close the match out! :yeah: Her serve got her out of a lot of jams today, nice to see her serve working so well :cool:

I've also realized something today. It was the first time to watch Sabine on a grass court since '09 Wimbledon! :D

Mike81
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well done Sabine! :cool: Hope she can win the tournament but she also needs to qualify for Wimbledon. Certainly a packed schedule.

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm sure she will defeat Peng tomorrow and she can win this tournament!

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Sabine is so winning this tournament!

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Guys I'm not sure but maybe Sabine's team applied for a Main Draw Wildcard in Wimbledon. If we put pressure on Wimbledon it will change or make easy to get Sabine a wc. Lets write to Wimbledon on twitter and on facebook! Come on!!

mk27
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Guys I'm not sure but maybe Sabine's team applied for a Main Draw Wildcard in Wimbledon. If we put pressure on Wimbledon it will change or make easy to get Sabine a wc. Lets write to Wimbledon on twitter and on facebook! Come on!!

She can only have 3 Main Draw Wildcards in a year according to WTA-rules and she had 3 Main Draw Wildcards already in this year (Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart)

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
She can only have 3 Main Draw Wildcards in a year according to WTA-rules and she had 3 Main Draw Wildcards already in this year (Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart)

Ahh you are right. I forgot it. So it means she has to play qualifies?

Rovegun
Jun 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM
well done, Sabine! so happy

mk27
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Ahh you are right. I forgot it. So it means she has to play qualifies?

Yes, she has to play in the qualifying, but it should be the last time in a Grand Slam tournament.
She will be in the main draw of the US Open, that's for sure. ;)

Geekking
Jun 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Yes, she has to play in the qualifying, but it should be the last time in a Grand Slam tournament.
She will be in the main draw of the US Open, that's for sure. ;)

She deserves to be in main draw with this tennis. Yes she will climb in rankings and she won't need to be in qualifies no more.. :worship:

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 11:51 PM
More matches will only help Sabine! How about winning Wimbledon as a qualifier?

Mike81
Jun 11th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Sabine has confidence and belief in her game on grass. She knows she can win tough and long matches now, so I'm confident she'll qualify. Should be easier than clay which she did quite well in anyway.

Sabinator.
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Sabine after her SF in Birmingham is 79 in the ranking!

crazillo
Jun 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM

Are you sure this applies to ITF Grand Slam's as well? I don't think a MD WC is very likely anyways.

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Sabine will be ranked in the top 100 and will be a direct entry to MD.

mk27
Jun 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Are you sure this applies to ITF Grand Slam's as well. I don't think a MD WC is very likely anyways.

Yes, I'm sure.

From the Official Tour Rules (page 59):

vi. Wild Card Maximum
Except as otherwise set forth herein, the maximum number of Wild Cards any player may receive into singles WTA Tournaments and Grand Slams during a Tour Year is six (6), with a maximum of three (3) allowed in the Main Draw. It is the player’s responsibility to track the number of Wild Cards she has used. Players will forfeit any ranking points earned at WTA Tournaments and Grand Slams by the acceptance of Wild Cards above this limit. Wild Cards accepted into ITF Women’s Circuit events count separately.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/rules.pdf

burn
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Sabine :banana:

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Good luck, Sabine!

crazillo
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Sabine will be ranked in the top 100 and will be a direct entry to MD.

Wrong, only at the US Open she will be a direct entry, the deadline for Wimbledon was a couple weeks ago.

CillyUltra
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM
:cheer: :bounce: :yippee: :bounce: :cheer:
Sabine defeats Shuai Peng 63 61

Sasja
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Sabine has reached the final in Birmingham :woohoo:

She def Peng (3) 6-3 6-1 :hearts:
And played really well :hearts: She was so happy!

Finals against Hantuchova :cheer:

mk27
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, that was a great performance :worship:

Sasja
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
BTW 1st WTA final for Sabine since Luxembourg '09 :)

Great stats :yeah:

crazillo
Jun 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
That was the best I've seen from her since her injury. Super match

lovethetennis
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Sabine!! :woohoo: :bounce::bounce::cheer::worship:

Carsten
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Sabine :woohoo: very clean performance!

Mike81
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
So glad I stayed up for this one :cool: Brilliant match by Sabine :cheer:. Peng was never in the match, Sabine was able to get on a roll and dictate the points and keep it going throughout the match, which hasn't often been the case. Haven't memorised all the stats but her serving was pretty faultless 1st set and strong in the 2nd too. First final for nearly 2 years and isn't she happy about it? :) She'll be the underdog against Hantuchova but I think that's how she likes it!

burn
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Sabine :bounce:

Wert.
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Great! :)
Take the tittle now :)

Dorien.
Jun 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Sabine :hearts: So great for her :cheer: :cheer:

matthias
Jun 11th, 2011, 05:10 PM
wow, great scoreline
amazing week for her, and nice rise in the ranking for her

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Sabine is the new Golden Flower killer; beating Na Li at Stuttgart and now Peng.

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Sabine should be the favorite if she plays the Woz.

DiscoStick
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:28 PM
So happy for Bine :banana:

SeMany
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
So happy for Bine :banana:

wow great:worship:

a win in straight against a top 20 player:eek: but where is the tiebreak biene?;)

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Win the title please, Sabine!

SeMany
Jun 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Win the title please, Sabine!

wenn ich richtig gerecvhnet habe ist sabine im race schon die 35, in der weltrangliste würde es nach dem heutigen tag von 100 auf 70 gehen:worship:

Omega1
Jun 11th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Sabine Great play. :worship::hearts::hearts::worship:
Sabine's getting better and better :cheer::cheer::cheer:

wenn ich richtig gerecvhnet habe ist sabine im race schon die 35, in der weltrangliste würde es nach dem heutigen tag von 100 auf 70 gehen:worship:

wow :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ganz stark

hellas719
Jun 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Sabine :worship:
She just played amazing tennis against Peng today, I'm so proud of her! :hearts:

18majors
Jun 11th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Please win the title, Sabine!

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:09 AM
darren_cahill on twitter just heard a whisper that Sabine has been granted wildcard into the main draw at Wimbledon. Great news, if true. :cool:

Ivanovic2008
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:25 AM
:yeah:
Great wins and GL against Dani!

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Yay for the Wimbledon WC! :bounce:

Wert.
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:57 AM
She deserves that WC! :inlove:

crazillo
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:53 AM
It would still be against the rules. Why have rules when they get broken?

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Sabine as a former Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and with her current form deserves the wildcard. That is more logical to me than 'rules'.

crazillo
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Sabine as a former Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and with her current form deserves the wildcard. That is more logical to me than 'rules'.

Didn't you want to avoid this thread? :wavey:

I want Sabine to have the WC, but rules are rules.

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Didn't you want to avoid this thread? :wavey:

I want Sabine to have the WC, but rules are rules.

What can I say, how I feel one day isn't the same as how I feel a few days later. Especially with Sabine in a Final!...

Anyway, today would be so exciting If only it wasn't raining... She could really do with a Wild Card rather than the prospect of playing a Final on Monday and then quallies on Tuesday :help:

mk27
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Some good news :)

Wimbledon has given a WC to Sabine :yeah:
Bending rules ???

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Wilcard!! :woohoo: :bounce: :cool:

Sabinator.
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Some good news :)

Is it really true? :eek: I can't believe it. Maybe there is a loophole in rules of WTA and ITF, which allow to get Sabine WC? :banana:

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I don't get it. How is her getting a WC bending the rules? :scratch:

couchpotatoe
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=crazillo;19709824]Didn't you want to avoid this thread?

Can you not just let him have his own ways? :rolleyes::wavey: He might be a little over the top but what is abusing in feeling Sabine is attractive? I myself as a woman would prefer the men playing tennis in tight runner's habits :hearts: instead of those ridiculous little boy's trousers;)

crazillo
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
GM discussion says Sabine might not earn any ranking points in Wimbledon. Not sure what she should do really...

Doesn't seem like we will see a match today. :(

Geekking
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I hope she wins today and wins Wimbledon title. If she wins a grandslam she will be qualified for the championships which will be held in Istanbul. This means she will play in my hometown!!

Btw, I talked with staff of Birmingham and they told me that doubles match taken to indoors but still waiting rain to stop!
Acording to tennis reporters who are in Birmingham at the moment, there is no chance to play today in Birmingham..

I think it will be postponed to tomorrow.

matthias
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
The WC is not against the rules, just the Points wouldn´t count to her Ranking!
But why should she accept a WC without the chance to get Ranking Points.
And would the Points count to her ranking if the points of one of the other WC-Tournaments will drop out?

Wert.
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Who wants to play a GS without chance for winning points :facepalm: :shrug:

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
The plot thickens with the rain!

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Who wants to play a GS without chance for winning points :facepalm: :shrug:

Yeah, but there's the Wimbledon prizemoney :cool:

P.S. Rain apparently set in til 6 pm. Well obviously the final will be on tomorrow then.

Omega1
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM
As I know, you can get 3 W in ITF tournaments and 3 in WTA Tournaments.
GS are ITF events.
So everything is correct.
I'm happy for Sabine :hearts:

Mike81
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Well hopefully its all fine with the WC and she can earn points too. Sabine :bounce:

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
McHale received four WTA/Grand Slam MWCs in 2010 and received points for all of them. :shrug:

Geekking
Jun 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I asked Darren Cahill about this pointing system he replied me

@Geekking I believe so.. but it's a confusing rule and another example of why tennis suffers at times without a commissioner.

misty1
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
apparently sabine can take the wild card and will collect whatever points she earns

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I found three cases in the WTA where this has been done before. Dokic in 1999, Golovin in 2004 and McHale in 2010. It should be fine. :)

mk27
Jun 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
From twitter:
Play officially called off for the day in Birmingham. Hantuchova vs Lisicki will take place 11am Monday

Rovegun
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM
very happy for Sabine... she has been improving match by match and being in the final is just amazing!

as you said Sabine has got a WD for Wimbledon which is great for her.... hopefully she will use such an advantage

miffedmax
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I think Sabs should take the WC. Fresh and rested she should get some good results the way she's playing now.

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
It's official. She can take the WC and get the ranking points! :)

lovethetennis
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM

Thanks for that message BlueTrees :D So happy for Sabine to get that WC :cool:

Sabinator.
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM

How do you know it's official? :p You know, when I read this 15 pages of exchanges on GM, I'm not sure of anything anymore :lol: I pray for this to be true :bowdown:

BlueTrees
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Apparently some "official" people confirmed it on twitter? :p I hope. :unsure:

Sabinator.
Jun 12th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Oh, yes:

"Long story short, players won't be penalized for accepting Grand Slam WCs even if they use up WTA allotment of three."

:bigclap:

Steff_forever
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Oh, yes:

"Long story short, players won't be penalized for accepting Grand Slam WCs even if they use up WTA allotment of three."

:bigclap:
Final word on the Lisicki wild card: all is good. Won't be penalized for taking addition WC in a Slam. Language in rulebook misleading
http://twitter.com/#!/OpenCourt/status/79931625835737089 (http://twitter.com/#%21/OpenCourt/status/79931625835737089)

This tweet wa re-tweet by a senior WTA guy http://twitter.com/#!/Kfish_WTA (http://twitter.com/#%21/Kfish_WTA)
Kevin Fischer

@Kfish_WTA St. Petersburg, FL
Currently WTA Sr. Manager, Communications & Publications; Former NBA PR Professional (Philadelphia 76ers); Stats Geek
»
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1321863653/steph_davis_cup_3_normal.JPG
OpenCourt (http://twitter.com/#%21/OpenCourt) Stephanie Myles von Kfish_WTA

Final word on the Lisicki wild card: all is good. Won't be penalized for taking addition WC in a Slam. Language in rulebook misleading.

vor 3 Stunden (http://twitter.com/#%21/OpenCourt/status/79931625835737089)

Steff_forever
Jun 12th, 2011, 07:05 PM
good luck for tomorrow, Sabine !!!!
(if it takes place: see Steffi 1998)

And use the GS golden WC adequate !!! ;)

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Good news!

Sasja
Jun 12th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Happy with the MDWC. Well deserved after this weeks performance :yeah:

So she can play the final in Birmingham tomorrow, rest and prepare for Wimbledon :)

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Win Birmingham and go deep at Wimbledon!

CillyUltra
Jun 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM
The WC for Sabine is a godsend. :) There's a reason why Wimbledon is the finest tournament on earth.

The discussion about her ranking points is a bit weird. Does anybody of you really believe that the people at Wimbledon don't know the rules? And a WC without ranking points is simply ridiculous.

18majors
Jun 12th, 2011, 11:16 PM
^The stars are aligned for Sabine to shine the rest of 2011 and beyond. Good things can't happen to a better person.

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Yes things are really looking up for Sabine once more and noone deserves it more than her :)

18majors
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
^I still remember Sabine's dark days in the US earlier this year. What a relief!

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:49 AM
^I still remember Sabine's dark days in the US earlier this year. What a relief!

Yep a tour final and Wimbledon Wildcard is a big change from playing the ITF in Midland with no ball kids :cool:

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Breakkkk Go Sabine Go! Auf Gehts!

crazillo
Jun 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
No stream but good play from Sabine :D

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2011, 10:56 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9502993.stm

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:10 AM
First set 6-3 Sabine Lisicki!!!!

burn
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Weiter so, Bine, win it in two :cheer:

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Sabine has the break advantage on second set! *3-2! Go Sabine go!

BlueTrees
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
She's so close. :tears:

CillyUltra
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:47 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :bounce: :bounce: :yippee: :yippee: :bounce: :bounce: :cheer: :cheer:

Sabine defeats Daniela Hantuchova

63 62

and wins her second title

:cheer: :cheer: :bounce: :bounce: :yippee: :yippee: :bounce: :bounce: :cheer: :cheer:

mk27
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Great tournament, winning the title without losing a set :eek: :worship:

SeMany
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Great tournament, winning the title without losing a set :eek: :worship:

wow sabine,wie geil ist das denn?:eek:

und der "fluch" das unsere mädels nur auf sand gewinnen können, ist auch endlich gebruchen:bounce::lol:

BlueTrees
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
What a turnaround from the start of the year. I'm so happy! :tears:

WTA title #2! :bowdown:

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sabine The 2011 AEGON Classic CHAMPION!! 6-2,6-3. 2nd Title. I'm soooo happy for her!!! Brilliant tournament, unstoppable!!

:cheer::inlove::rocker2::banana::woohoo::bounce: :worship:

Carsten
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
:woohoo:

Sabine :D so happy for her she really deserves this title :)

Tibowbow
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Sab' :worship:

Sabinator.
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:56 AM
No words. I'm soooooooooooo happy and sooo proud of Sabine! Amazing week, thank you! :bigclap: :smooch: :rocker2: :banana: :inlove:

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I hope there's some footage and interviews coming soon. Unfortunately there wasn't a stream but still I jumped up and down and celebrated listening to her win the title on BBC :bounce:

DownInAHole
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Has there been a decision about Sabine accepting the Wimbledon wildcard or is she going to play qualifying?

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Has there been a decision about Sabine accepting the Wimbledon wildcard or is she going to play qualifying?

It's a huge thread on General Messages. Sabine is accepting it and she'll keep any points she earns as well

crazillo
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM
GREAT tournament Sabine, it was a matter of time before she would finally be back. Grass really is her best surface. :)

cosmoose
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:25 PM
i want to give everyone in this forum a high5! :D

Specter
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/preps/uploaded_images/1-778701.jpg

Sabinator.
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/preps/uploaded_images/1-778701.jpg

Why on the left hand? :lol:

Specter
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe the dude who made it was a lefty.

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I tried but I can't fit my hand on that high five because I have a laptop :lol:

Specter
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM
There, I flipped it.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8596/3gztfhhy.jpg

cosmoose
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Victorious Sabine!!! :hearts:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/060ac4j8Q8d1a/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0g1Q3Vk5zTgd0/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bTO6kYgDlcJQ/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eBY5Yh4FL80d/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02dYdr571X6Z7/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fUEdvEedZ6Ke/610x.jpg

19Christian87
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
^:lol: high5
So cool that she has won :yeah: I would have liked to watch it, though.

Specter
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eBY5Yh4FL80d/610x.jpg

She pulled a Sexa! :eek:

But much more sensible on grass. :lick: :lol:

Geekking
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
SABINEEE :woohoo::yeah:

cosmoose
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
more pics :)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dYF0WvdxD8Jz/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/096D4PD6kV0N5/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqL8Mu5eb0rB/x610.jpg

Sabinator.
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:46 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqL8Mu5eb0rB/x610.jpg

Tears of happiness :hug:

BlueTrees
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Is there going to be any footage of it?

Now she has a clay and grass title. Just needs a hardcourt one. :angel:

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Pictures are wonderful!! such joy and emotion from Sabine, all that hard work getting back up the rankings and now her 2nd title, let's keep it going for Wimbledon! :) Hope there's atleast some footage of it too. There should be an interview archived by BBC Radio as well.

CillyUltra
Jun 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Tears of happiness :hug:

And pure joy...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bvTeHS9YHdl5/x610.jpg

Mike81
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
And pure joy...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bvTeHS9YHdl5/x610.jpg

BRILLIANT!!! the look in her eyes :eek: That'll be my wallpaper on my laptop for a while :p:cool::hearts:

burn
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Congrats Sabine :bounce:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Congratulations Sabine :cheer:, So happy :angel:.

I just realized that there is a player forum of Sabine on TF :angel:.

Good luck at Wimbly :)

cosmoose
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
shake it Sabine! :D
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aNv8RMeKkbVb/x610.jpg

from Sabine's twitter
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmqef3PS9z1qh4h3oo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308059530&Signature=LEvS8Qs14bEM%2BbespNCWHkxNDto%3D

18majors
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Sabine, I knew you could do it but this is ridiculously easy. You're a real contender for Wimbledon.

18majors
Jun 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I'm so happy for Sabine. What a transformation since April Fed Cup!

BlueTrees
Jun 13th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I just realised...now that she's won an International event she's got a great chance to qualify for Bali! :)

Rovegun
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM
well done, Sabine! so happy for her:D all the credit to her:worship: she is back and deserves to win the title after what she went through due to injury...

Sasja
Jun 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM
So happy for her :D

What a great week!
This must be amazing for her after coming back from injuries!
Wimbledon, here she comes :cheer:

rucolo
Jun 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Congrats for Birmingham title, Sabine! :eek::worship:

Sabine loves grass. WTA title #2 ;)