PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova creating new brand of candies, names it "Sugarpova"

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 26th, 2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/fashion/maria-sharapovas-campaign-to-establish-herself-as-a-brand.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=tennis

Expanding her reach into the unexpected, she is about to announce a new partnership with Jeff Rubin, the man who helped create Dylan’s Candy Bar in 2001 and a chain of candy shops inside F. A. O. Schwarz stores (called F. A. O. Schweetz) in the 1990s, to develop her own brand of candy and sweets. Gumballs will be shaped like tennis balls, and gummy candies will be packaged in containers shaped like tennis-ball cans, according to plans drawn up by Mr. Rubin, who hopes to have them ready in time for a rollout at the United States Open in August.

The name of her brand? Sugarpova.

:hysteric: :hysteric: I wonder what that tastes like. :spit: Would you buy it?

Interesting article though (even though it's 3 pages long :o ). Maria seems to be very concerned of her image and brand. Apparently, whenever she knows she's about to be photographed, she peels off the labels of water bottles, etc.

She was so sophisticated about protecting her image, Mr. Eisenbud said in a separate interview, that he had even noticed her begin to peel the labels off water bottles at appearances in clubs, or wherever she might be photographed.

Still though, she would prefer winning Wimbledon over anything else.

“The answer is I would win Wimbledon over anything,” she said. “Wimbledon is not something you can buy. A brand is something you can build.”

I recommend reading the entire article. It was a great NY Times article. :)

FORZA SARITA
May 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Sugarpova :spit::haha:

Libertango
May 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm sure there are many people who want to know how Maria tastes.

Polikarpov
May 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a something a Maria stan would use as a username here in TF.:hysteric:

L'Enfant Sauvage
May 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
:worship: sugarpova :worship:

cellophane
May 26th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Sugarpova :haha:

Sean.
May 26th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Is this for real? :unsure:

MaruSharapova
May 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
:spit: OMG

C. Drone
May 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.freeweb.hu/relaks/smilies/_skk/fool/sla.gif

thegreendestiny
May 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
:spit:

I hope Piotr cooks up something for Miss Sunshine, like Karolina Chocolate Moonballs. :drool:

claypova
May 26th, 2011, 10:05 AM
sugarpova :inlove:

Rafito.
May 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Wow! I so want to taste this candy :drool:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
We have an Eiffel Tower-inspiring dress and now Sugarpova...I wonder what is Sharapova up to.

black_fire
May 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
:help:

Vikapower
May 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Maria was already a sweetie to the eye, that was really unnecessary, but, thinking twice, now people will be able to taste her talent for the first time during the orgasm her matches offer... these sweeties are like strawberries a couple would use for aphrodisiac purposes to enhance their pleasure, so, finally it's a very good idea to ameliorate the sex-tennistic experience of the viewers while having little but exclusive relationships with The Greatest.

L'Enfant Sauvage
May 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Maria was already a sweetie to the eye, that was really unnecessary, but, thinking twice, now people will be able to taste her talent for the first time during the orgasm her matches offer... these sweeties are like strawberries a couple would use for aphrodisiac purposes to enhance their pleasure, so, finally it's a very good idea to ameliorate the sex-tennistic experience of the viewers while having little but exclusive relationships with The Greatest.

:unsure:

BuckJaysRock
May 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
i dont usually eat candy, but everything does ill try

domon17th
May 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
:unsure:

:sobbing: Sometimes you just gotta hand it to vikapowerr/vlada

Marilyn Monheaux
May 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM
:spit: More power to her, but "Sugarpova" is corny as haayyyyle! :happy:

perseus2006
May 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Vlada your English is so contrived I am usually convinced I'm dreaming ... nonetheless I must stop stop laughing, get up off the floor and change my boxers!

Nina.
May 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Sugarpova :hearts: ME.WANTS.NOW.

Sp!ffy
May 28th, 2011, 10:28 PM

OMFG. :haha::haha:

abi
Aug 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Any news? :spit: