PDA

View Full Version : Cheryl Cole Sacked from the US Xfactor

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 25th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Couldnt have happened to a better person.

Cheryl Cole was dropped from the judging panel on “X-Factor” largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand … sources close to the production tell TMZ.

There were other issues too — we’re told Cheryl and fellow judge Paula Abdul had a “lack of chemistry” … and Cheryl was more expendable.

Producers now want Cheryl to return to the UK version of the show — but according to sources, Cheryl’s royally pissed over how this situation was handled … and may sever ties with “X-Factor” entirely.

With Cheryl out, Steve Jones will be the only host on the show — which debuts in September — while Nicole Scherzinger fills the open seat on the judging panel.

Calls to Simon Cowell still haven’t been returned.

The Dawntreader
May 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Must've been the hair.

debopero
May 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Her accent isn't that thick :shrug: . But quite honestly, I have heard her sing...Nicole is the better choice :tape: .

ElusiveChanteuse
May 26th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Nicole :hearts: Finally upgraded.:cheer:
Poor Cheryl :hug: You still have your job in the UK anyway.:hug:

delicatecutter
May 26th, 2011, 12:51 AM
This is bullshit. Didn't she have a contract? Hope she gets paid handsomely for her trouble.

CloudAtlas
May 26th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Urgh , hope she doesn't pollute the UK X factor again now. Or our ears through her 'songs'.

Yorker
May 26th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I trully doubt this is for real, TMZ also reported yesterday Lauren wasn't performing on idol and Hayley was back in, i'll wait for an official release.

mckyle.
May 26th, 2011, 03:50 AM
That's sad, if true. I read that Cheryl's been wanting this job badly, and it would just be cruel to give her the job (and even make commercials for X Factor with her in them!) just to take it away a few weeks later :sad:

silverwhite
May 26th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Still waiting for official confirmation but :happy:if this is true

Michael.
May 26th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Pissed. So mother fucking pissed.

Lord Choc Ice
May 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Sharon Osbourne used to judge on US X-factor and she's British. :unsure:

Not that I care. :lol:

Michael.
May 26th, 2011, 06:46 AM

No, she judged the first four series of the UK X Factor. You must be thinking of America's Got Talent??

Dodoboy.
May 26th, 2011, 06:50 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2eb5wt0.gif

Beat
May 26th, 2011, 07:02 AM
"[...] largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand"

:spit: :haha:

Lord Choc Ice
May 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM
No, she judged the first four series of the UK X Factor. You must be thinking of America's Got Talent??
Oh right, America's got Talent. ;)

Olórin
May 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
But does TMZ ever report anything that's actually true?

EDIT: I can't believe the BBC is sourcing TMZ :eek:
But there must be some insider-credibility for them to do so.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13558288

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Urgh , hope she doesn't pollute the UK X factor again now. Or our ears through her 'songs'.

Hopefully she will not. Reports are that she is really pissed at X-Factor in general and probably wont do the UK one now.

No one is going to miss the bitch. :wavey:

kwilliams
May 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I have to agree that she wasn't right for the job. I prefer for these judges to actually be very talented, have a lot of experience working behind the scenes in the industry or at least be really edgy. I rarely found Cheryl to be insightful, humorous or controversial on the UK's version of X-factor and she was arguably the weakest member of Girls Aloud (her or Kimberly).

NeeemZ
May 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I have to agree that she wasn't right for the job. I prefer for these judges to actually be very talented, have a lot of experience working behind the scenes in the industry or at least be really edgy. I rarely found Cheryl to be insightful, humorous or controversial on the UK's version of X-factor and she was arguably the weakest member of Girls Aloud (her or Kimberly).

She's hot. :shrug:

new-york
May 26th, 2011, 01:09 PM
To be honest i never understood why they "wanted" her in the first place.

The accent is a lame excuse. Someone must have woken up.

I feel for her, though. :help:

Avid Merrion
May 26th, 2011, 02:05 PM

Because Simon wants to fuck her.

Super Dave
May 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
"[...] largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand"

:spit: :haha:

Like I heard on the radio this morning..."she doesn't have a Prince William accent...she has a Scary Spice accent." :lol:

Still, it is insulting for producers to suggest that Americans wouldn't understand her. I mean, we DO have closed-captioning. ;)

Mina Vagante
May 26th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Sharon Osbourne has a Southern British accent, more what Americans are used to hearing.

Cheryl has a Geordie accent, very different to Sharon's

Mary Cherry.
May 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Best news I've heard all day. I'll be mega pissed if they let her back on the UK one though :o

Bezz
May 26th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I find cheryl cole very bland and seems to have lost her personlity under all the hair and make up...nicole is a much better choice ;)

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM

The accent is a lame excuse. Someone must have woken up.

I feel for her, though. :help:

They just realised what a devious, racist, completely fake and a talentless hack she is.

Because Simon wants to fucks her.

fixed.

Freakan
May 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM
They realized she has a British accent after signing the contract? Something doesn't add up here.

debopero
May 26th, 2011, 06:23 PM
They just realised what a devious, racist, completely fake and a talentless hack she is.

fixed.

She's a racist :eek: ?

Mary Cherry.
May 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM

Yup. And a thug.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3207822.stm

debopero
May 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
^Omg that woman's eye :unsure: .

Scotso
May 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I have no idea who this woman is but this is the first time I've heard Paula will be a judge and I'm happy about that. :yeah:

Monica_Rules
May 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I didn't understand why she got picked in the first place.

Glad she got sacked. Hope she doesn't come back to the UK one

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 26th, 2011, 07:15 PM

Yep, she beat up that toilet attendant pretty badly and threw loads of racial slurs at her.

Yep and then to improve her image she faked a marriage with a Ashley cole (quite handy since they were neighbours), asked her mum to come stay with them because she didnt want to live alone with him and they later broke up.

Bezz
May 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Yep, she beat up that toilet attendant pretty badly and threw loads of racial slurs at her.

Yep and then to improve her image she faked a marriage with a Ashley cole (quite handy since they were neighbours), asked her mum to come stay with them because she didnt want to live alone with him and they later broke up.

She was found not guilty of a 'racially' aggravated assault. :wavey:

Ya know black and white ppl can fight each other for other reasons than their race....:rolleyes:

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM
:haha: Good!

Hope she doesn't come back with her tail between her legs to the UK version.

She was happy to drop the UK show to chase fame in the US. Now that they dump her she shouldn't come back to the UK version, it would be a slap in the face to the public.

toxina90
May 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Ya know black and white ppl can fight each other for other reasons than their race....:rolleyes:

Reetard just seems to seethe hatred for her :shrug: but is entitled his opinion.

I'm a Geordie and find it insulting that people are claiming that Americans won't understand her. Fair enough, some us speak quite quickly, but when I've been over there we've never had problems communicating. :shrug: if anything it's recognised as friendly.

Maybe she just got homesick or something :shrug:

Personally, I don't give a damn about American Idol, or the X-Factor. I really went off the UK version last year :o

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 26th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Reetard just seems to seethe hatred for her :shrug: but is entitled his opinion.

I'm a Geordie and find it insulting that people are claiming that Americans won't understand her. Fair enough, some us speak quite quickly, but when I've been over there we've never had problems communicating. :shrug: if anything it's recognised as friendly.

to be honest with you, I had a hard time understanding what the people were saying in Geordie Shore. I thought they needed subtitles for most of it.

Now I'm a Brit and I've been exposed to Geordies in real life and on TV. I can kinda understand the reasoning behind it, not that I think Americans would have trouble understanding her.

duhcity
May 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Well what exactly is Cheryl doing for the show?
I really like her actually, but then again I'm an American who follows the UK X Factor.

If Paula wasn't there, Cheryl would likely be sitting next to Simon and bouncing off him quite well. She got passed over for Paula, and she isn't exactly bringing publicity to the show.

The X Factor is too big to fail.

new-york
May 26th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, i was not feeling having her and Paula in the show.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 27th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Show biz is so cruel

ElusiveChanteuse
May 27th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Hopefully Mariah will be back in time as guest judge.:hearts:

I realise Simon likes plastic pretty girls.:p We have Paula, Cheryl, Nicole and he also invited Katy, some models to be guest judges in his shows.:p

M.P
May 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
give me back CHeryl!!!!! her bitchyness is awesome!!!!!

Level55
May 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM

So true.

He used to refer to her as the one in Girls Aloud who "can't sing". Then suddenly he changed his mind :rolleyes:

She is a very weak singer.

Mary Cherry.
May 28th, 2011, 03:19 PM
give me back CHeryl!!!!! her bitchyness is awesome!!!!!

Paula's drunken ramblings > Cheryl's "bitchiness"

So true.

He used to refer to her as the one in Girls Aloud who "can't sing". Then suddenly he changed his mind :rolleyes:

She is a very weak singer.

And the one in Girls Aloud with the most talent (by far) ended up having a solo career which completely flopped. Sod's law.

Kart
May 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
This.

Regarding Cheryl's conviction for braining that woman in the nightclub, I've always considered it a high point of her career.

Ferg
May 28th, 2011, 07:40 PM
:rolls:

HRHoliviasmith
May 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Good. :hysteric:

HRHoliviasmith
May 28th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Oh wow what a shock, Bezz defending a racist. :eek:

Londoner
May 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Wey aye man!

I feel sorry for Cheryl on how it's happened, but not for the whole fiasco of her 'breaking' America. Why should America endorse a girl they have never heard of? It's not as if American TV needs another pretty girl, and they have far better singers/talents.

I don't think the way to break America is to arrive in a fan fare for a top job. I would have thought the best tactic is to start small and let America discover you, a bit like Cat Deeley. You can then come home quietly if it fails. Cheryl really set herself up for a big fall. How on earth could she compete with Paula Abdul who is far bigger in America than Cheryl is in the UK!

I think the accent thing is a red herring. She simply wasn't up to the job, failed to take advice and found herself out of her depth. And like all show biz impresarios Cowell dumped her quick to save his own reputation. I am just amazed he risked his reputation on her in America in the first place. Apparently it is now noted in show biz that his judgement is finally exposed as flawed.

Cheryl should have played it differently. When it wasn't working out she should have said thank you for the opportunity but I want to go home. There are many greater talents who have failed to break America and she should have seized the initiative.

However, as my mother would say what goes round goes round and underneath all the girly girl next door routine is a hard faced bitch and people were cottoning onto her. It will be interesting to see if she recovers.

Vincey!
May 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
lol they almost entirely recast AI judges, and the main 2 who left are going to be judges on US X=Factor? LOL is it me or it just seems a bit silly to leave American Idol to go to X-Factor? I mean I understand Simon to do it since it's his idea, but Paula? C'mon lolll I'm pretty sure that there will be one of those shows that will run in USA in 2 years time. I would bet on X-Facor to replace AI since it's a much better idea I think, the show is less "boring"

I liked Chery tho :( I wanted to see her in America. well too bad I guess.

Bezz
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
Oh wow what a shock, Bezz defending a racist. :eek:

Racist Cherly cole's ex husband Ashley Cole.http://img.skysports.com/08/09/218x298/Ashley-Cole-Chelsea-Photocall-2008_1242300.jpg

...but let me guess.....she just married him so ppl wouldn't think she was a racist :rolleyes:

Mary Cherry.
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Racist Cherly cole's ex husband Ashley Cole.http://img.skysports.com/08/09/218x298/Ashley-Cole-Chelsea-Photocall-2008_1242300.jpg

...but let me guess.....she just married him so ppl wouldn't think she was a racist :rolleyes:

And we all know how that marriage turned out :rolleyes:

Just Do It
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Is it official now ? I want Cole back :sad:

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Racist Cherly cole's ex husband Ashley Cole

Means nothing dear. You are either extremely naive, delusional or just plain ignorant with regards to this issue. From some of your prior comments, I suspect the latter. Doesn't negate the nonsense she spewed at the poor woman who was just doing her job. For the record, I'm mixed so I know what I'm talking about when I say that you can harbor racist feelings and be married to someone not of your race. I see it all the time.

Tennisation
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Karma's a bitch, that's what she gets for using Derik Hough to get some publicity in the US and after she landed the X-Factor job she dumped his ass. Quite frankly, Nicole's much more talented and sexier than Cheryl anyway.