PDA

View Full Version : Any Comcast customers here?

Infiniti2001
May 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
What do you think of the new tv guide? I personally think it sucks . What the heck were TIIC (the idiots in charge) thinking? The stinking dvr has to be kept on to record now, reading the guide is nightmare --you page through channels rather than scroll through-- the ability to copy from the dvr is gone , and what's up with all the advertising? :fiery:

Sally Struthers
May 26th, 2011, 03:02 AM
It sucks ASS! The only thing that is better is the On Demand menu. Personally I hate comcast, but it's the least expensive alternative for me since I have 8 TVs in the house, which makes DirectTV prohibitively expensive

Infiniti2001
May 26th, 2011, 03:25 AM
It sucks ASS! The only thing that is better is the On Demand menu. Personally I hate comcast, but it's the least expensive alternative for me since I have 8 TVs in the house, which makes DirectTV prohibitively expensive

You don't say!! :fiery: Comcast has definitely taken a step backwards. The menu is confusing and the bloody remote is useless :rolleyes: I lost all my scheduled recordings, and it's hell to figure the shit out. I'm stuck with this monopoly piece of shit, because I just do not think it's wise to have Direct TV or dish in Florida--not with the kind of weather we are faced with:help:

Sally Struthers
May 26th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I don't have the DVR option so I can't really comment on how that has changed. They keep sending me letters about how I need to pick up extra boxes for my TVs that don't have HD boxes or they won't work. I get the first 2 free but then need to pay $2.99 extra per month per box .. so it's like you're getting less than before for more money. But, I think they are bluffing. The first letter said that if I dind't get them by Feb 17, my TVs would be limited to channels 2-19. It's nearly June and the ones that are not connected to an HD box still work fine. I did get my 2 free ones anyway, but they are so flakey and go on the blink at random times I ended up unhooking them till I do need them