PDA

View Full Version : New Delhi?

Lin Lin
May 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I have noticed recently that the temperature of New Delhi has been over 40℃ for more than two weeks:eek:today, it's 30-44℃,:eek::scared:

I mean,how do people manage this?:confused::eek:

kittyking
May 17th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Lots of sex

:shrug: it had to be said

Ashi
May 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
This isn't unusual. The city has extreme temperatures in summer and winter every year. :shrug:

The Witch-king
May 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
How do people in New York handle heat?

This isn't unsual. The city has extreme temps in summer and winter every year.
How cold does it get in winter?

Ashi
May 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
The coldest recorded is a little below zero degree celsius. ( - 0.6) to be exact.
The highest recorded is 47.2 degree celsius.

Ashi
May 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.asklaila.com/article/Delhi-NCR/Heat-waves-Tips-to-survive-Delhi-s-summer/7671/ :lol:

Expat
May 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Delhi has really extreme weather. I feel Delhi at 4 Celsius is equivalent to -10C in America. That horrible fog makes it so miserable in the winter.

Lin Lin
May 17th, 2011, 11:58 PM
The coldest recorded is a little below zero degree celsius. ( - 0.6) to be exact.
The highest recorded is 47.2 degree celsius.

-0.6℃ hardly can be judged as "extreme":unsure:

PhilePhile
May 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
-bqtQ5WQ3dA

ys
May 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I have noticed recently that the temperature of New Delhi has been over 40℃ for more than two weeks:eek:today, it's 30-44℃,:eek::scared:

I mean,how do people manage this?:confused::eek:

Moscow had it in a range of 35-43C for more than a month last summer. Aggravated by severe smoke from wildfires. Moscow! Where one day of such a weather is normally a weather event. People survived. For Delhi? This is a normal weather, I think..

Ashi
May 18th, 2011, 06:01 AM
-0.6℃ hardly can be judged as "extreme":unsure:
Lower temperatures around the Zero degree Celsius, are extreme by indian standards, especially if you have very high summer temperatures. Most of the North Indian states do not experience such harsh temperatures at the extreme ends. Possibly, with the exception of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
In Mumbai, anything lower than 10 degree celsius in winter would be termed extreme. :)

Lin Lin
May 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
:eek:

No ice at all in India?:unsure:

Ashi
May 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
:eek:

No ice at all in India?:unsure:
Of course there is! :facepalm: Many states in the North have below 0 degree celsius temperatures and snowfall, but they don't have 40 + temperatures in summer.

BARBIE
May 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Today it was 37C in Kolkata with 80% humidity, which means it felt like 45C :tape: And later this week the temperature is supposed to be 42C :help: Here we can handle the temperature but the humidity makes it awful :( Sweating a lot is a continuous process :(

In Delhi, the humidity is not much, so even if it is above 40C, it doesn't feel so, because people don't sweat a lot. I have visited Delhi in the summer, so I am speaking from experience. And the minimum winter temperatures in Delhi are always around 2-3C :)

India is situated near the equator, so the climate is supposed to be hot and humid. We get 8-9 months of summer here, so we are used to it ;)

And yes, there is also snow in India. Many northern states near the Himalayas do get snowfall in winter and the summer temperatures there do not get so high :)