PDA

View Full Version : RG 2011: Can our Bambi slide her way to a Career Grand Slam? NO!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Vartan
May 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/vgltvd.jpg

I sure think so! Allez!

http://i55.tinypic.com/10qvqeo.gif

http://i55.tinypic.com/1sfqsw.gif

And by popular demand,

http://i38.tinypic.com/dccyee.gif

http://i35.tinypic.com/2elt769.jpg

http://imageshack.us/m/860/1173/omgm.png

Draw:

1st Round: Sharapova vs. Lucic
2nd Round: Sharapova vs. Garcia
3rd Round: Sharapova vs. Chan
4th Round: Sharapova vs. Radwanska
Quarterfinal: Sharapova vs. Petkovic
Semifinal: Sharapova vs. Li

CR3WLFC
May 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Suzanne Lengle DRAMA, YES PLEASE :hysteric:

WTAtennisfan15
May 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
OMG VARTAN! :hearts:

Slampova
May 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Oh noes :oh: You are going to get shot for opening this thread instead of Maja, Vartan :lol: Didn't you see my Australian Open mistake :oh:

Sasja
May 15th, 2011, 06:51 PM
OMG that gif :rolls: bambipova :kiss:

atominside
May 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
maja was supposed to open it!!!!

WTAtennisfan15
May 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM
THESE WILL BE MARIA'S AMAZING EARRINGS IN PARIS!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=17700448

Reptilia
May 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
GOAT gifs. :worship:

Sp!ffy
May 15th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Maria isn't a loser, she doesn't need superstition to win RG. :rocker2:

Come on Maria! Sascha will be there! :devil:

Sp!ffy
May 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Btw, I still can't believe she fell like that. She is beyond ridiculous. :rolls:

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM
#claypovaforRG :)

Misspelled "Roland Garros". :secret:

gc-spurs
May 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Yes FO time bitches! Time to spam the Allez Up Your Fuckin Asses gif!

Maria Croft
May 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
It's going to be interesting to see who will stay grounded on the dirt and who will float away.

Jack89
May 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Really looking forward to RG!! Hoping she gets a good draw after last years sucky draw.

doooma6816
May 15th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Of course she can!!!
I hope Sasha will be there...;)

Nice draw and I don't know why she can't hold trophy...:oh: I mean, she just beat 'clayGOAT' and no.1...she broke Vika's elbow...:p

I think draw will be release on friday, right? very exciting!

GO BAMBI!

Vartan
May 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
OMG VARTAN! :hearts:

:hug:

Oh noes :oh: You are going to get shot for opening this thread instead of Maja, Vartan :lol: Didn't you see my Australian Open mistake :oh:

:lol:

I asked to open this thread last year :rolleyes:

GOAT gifs. :worship:

Haha thanks, but they are not mine, :sad:

#claypovaforRG :)

Misspelled "Roland Garros". :secret:

:worship: and whoops!

vozas
May 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Guys I REALLY hope she draws Vika and Kim (if she plays). The Woz would be cool too. I want her to have a tough draw. She probably wants that as well. She lives for the big wins and the big moments. And so do I. I don't wanna have a scrub filled draw with Zvonareva and Schiavone in the second week. I want the big names.

pedropt
May 15th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Where's the "UP YOUR FUCKING ASS" gif? :hearts:

Vartan
May 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Where's the "UP YOUR FUCKING ASS" gif? :hearts:

http://i38.tinypic.com/dccyee.gif

http://i35.tinypic.com/2elt769.jpg

doooma6816
May 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Guys I REALLY hope she draws Vika and Kim (if she plays). The Woz would be cool too. I want her to have a tough draw. She probably wants that as well. She lives for the big wins and the big moments. And so do I. I don't wanna have a scrub filled draw with Zvonareva and Schiavone in the second week. I want the big names.

I also would like to see some big names on her road, but not like last year...: justine even if she had won, the next would have been Sam, Serena, JJ...this is too much...
My 'dream' draw for her:
1st round sb
2nd round sb
3rd round Flavia Penetta
4th round Radwańska(if she makes that far)
QF Azarenka
SF Wozniacki
F Sam or JJ
No Kim please, really, and Cibulkova too.

Sp!ffy
May 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I want to her to get at least two, if not at all,of Cibulkova, Azarenka, Clijsters, and Kvitova. People don't think she can get beat these 4 players and I want her to prove them wrong.

She can do it....:armed:

doooma6816
May 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I want to her to get at least two, if not at all,of Cibulkova, Azarenka, Clijsters, and Kvitova. People don't think she can get beat these 4 players and I want her to prove them wrong.

She can do it....:armed:

Kim will be ok, but before final...in final she so motivated...

Marilyn Monheaux
May 15th, 2011, 09:51 PM

:o

:o :o

Just kidding. :p

Mr.Sharapova
May 15th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Lets do this :rocker2:.

goldlion
May 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
It's not impossible but lots of factors are to be considered - draw, weather, her health conditions

Vartan
May 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM
http://mademelaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bambi-will-be-blood.jpg

Lucas_Arg
May 16th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Dream draw:

1 - Mladenovic
2 - Rezai
3 - Ivanovic
4 - Bartoli
QF - Zvonareva
SF - Wozniacki
F - Clijsters/Azarenka/Kvitova (I'd like her to play Peer though...)

pd: Someone needs to update the championships gallery asap.

Sp!ffy
May 16th, 2011, 02:18 AM
^Yes, I definitely want Baby Anci. :armed:

Reptilia
May 16th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I'd love a Vera beatdown in the QF :drool:

Mistress of Evil
May 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I really want a GS QF :awww: everything above that will be just a bonus I won't turn down :lick:
Tranya' d better not disappoint as OP :o if he does there will be consequences :fiery: though, he will win points with CaCa :spit:

gc-spurs
May 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM
http://mademelaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bambi-will-be-blood.jpg

bahahaha thats just too good!

Shivank17
May 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Omg,the Bambipova GIF. :spit: :lol:

Allez up your f--king ass. :rocker2:

Vartan
May 16th, 2011, 07:11 AM
bahahaha thats just too good!

http://imageshack.us/m/860/1173/omgm.png

:oh:

Maria Croft
May 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I really want that Slam QF again, so I'm totally okay with a draw filled with walking bye's and scrubs. At least until the second week. I think a good draw is really important in order for her to make that second week and reach the QF's again.

claypova
May 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Maja didnt open the thread?! what is this? :sobbing:

Andy.
May 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm so so pumped for this Slam. For the first time in like forever Maria has an amazing chance to do really really well. I dont want to get ahead of myself but I just hope she gets a good draw and doesn't have a let down (I very much doubt that will happen). Masha seems to motivated and rejuvenated. Firstly I really want to see her get past the 4th round. After that anything is a bonus. Rome has surely given her so much confidence.

Emina.
May 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
THESE WILL BE MARIA'S AMAZING EARRINGS IN PARIS!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=17700448

amazing indeed!!!:inlove:

Andy.
May 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Cant wait to see the outfit and the earrings too!!!

18majors
May 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm so so pumped for this Slam. For the first time in like forever Maria has an amazing chance to do really really well. I dont want to get ahead of myself but I just hope she gets a good draw and doesn't have a let down (I very much doubt that will happen). Masha seems to motivated and rejuvenated. Firstly I really want to see her get past the 4th round. After that anything is a bonus. Rome has surely given her so much confidence.

She might draw Cibulkova the round of 32, Kvitova the round of 16 and Azarenka in quarter-final. Those will be tough battles.

However, a champion needs to beat all comers. There are no other choices.

18majors
May 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I really want that Slam QF again, so I'm totally okay with a draw filled with walking bye's and scrubs. At least until the second week. I think a good draw is really important in order for her to make that second week and reach the QF's again.

The first probable serious contention is Cibulkova in the round of 32.

Shyra
May 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
any draw will do... but to beat some favorites will be much more interesting as Maria goes deeper into the draw. what i really want to see is a Masha and Vika match, to silence the haters and get her revenge... I also have a very good feeling about RG, just like AO 2008 after beating Justine 6-0 in the 2nd set.

atominside
May 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
The Kvitova hype is killing me

Shafanovic.
May 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
:wavey:

18majors
May 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
^Why is Kvitova a hype? She has won 3 titles this year by beating Petkovic, Klijsters and Azarenka in the finals.

Maria Croft
May 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM

I feel the same way, I just want to see her make a Slam QF again. After that everything else would just be amazing.

Break My Rapture
May 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Please let Cibulkova stay away from Maria, Domi is a nightmare match-up.

Fool
May 16th, 2011, 04:26 PM
So excited! Hehe. And school will be over, and that means that I get to do nothing but watch and play tennis all day long.

Mr.Sharapova
May 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I just want Kvitova away from Maria's draw. When she's on form its gonna get ugly if they face. Any other player is fine :)

Dieter.
May 16th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I'm really excited about Roland Garros. :)
If Maria plays like she did in Rome she really has a chance to go very deep in the tournament. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and take it match by match.

WTAtennisfan15
May 16th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Please let Cibulkova stay away from Maria, Domi is a nightmare match-up.

I think that Maria would beat Domi in her current form, not to even mention her desire of revenge :hearts:

Break My Rapture
May 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think that Maria would beat Domi in her current form, not to even mention her desire of revenge :hearts:
Domi is bad as a draw can get for Maria, especially in early rounds.

WTAtennisfan15
May 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM
^^I still believe that Maria will beat her if they'll play in Paris...:)

vozas
May 16th, 2011, 07:01 PM
God knows what happened between Madrid and Rome, but it was a new Sharapova from the very first point she played with Makarova. It's not Cibulkova I'm afraid of. Kvitova could be problematic, and same goes for Azarenka. The way she played in Rome, coupled with the fact that it's the friggin only GS she's missing, it's gonna be very hard to beat her.

On another note, Kvitova reminds a bit of Vaidisova. You know, those random czechs who come out of nowhere with some stunning shots and then disappear or plummet down the ranks. Safarova comes to mind to.

My dream draw would be

1st round: Gajdosova
2nd round: Cibulkova
3rd round: Goerges
4th round: Kvitova
QF: Wozniacki
SF: Clijsters
F: Azarenka

I would love for her to be challenged by these ones and prevail. I love how tough her draw was in the AO 2008 and it makes me even more proud because of that. Wasn't it Vesnina, Davenport, Dementieva, Henin, Jankovic and Ivanovic? If only she would've gotten Serena in the semis instead of Jankovic... Haha.

pedropt
May 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
In the form she showed in Rome she can beat everyone :shrug:

My only wishes for her draw are: no Kvitova before the QF; no Kim before the Final, just to keep my hopes of a dream final intact and be happy with whoever wins :inlove:

pedropt
May 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM
God knows what happened between Madrid and Rome, but it was a new Sharapova from the very first point she played with Makarova. It's not Cibulkova I'm afraid of. Kvitova could be problematic, and same goes for Azarenka. The way she played in Rome, coupled with the fact that it's the friggin only GS she's missing, it's gonna be very hard to beat her.

On another note, Kvitova reminds a bit of Vaidisova. You know, those random czechs who come out of nowhere with some stunning shots and then disappear or plummet down the ranks. Safarova comes to mind to.

My dream draw would be

1st round: Gajdosova
2nd round: Cibulkova
3rd round: Goerges
4th round: Kvitova
QF: Wozniacki
SF: Clijsters
F: Azarenka

I would love for her to be challenged by these ones and prevail. I love how tough her draw was in the AO 2008 and it makes me even more proud because of that. Wasn't it Vesnina, Davenport, Dementieva, Henin, Jankovic and Ivanovic? If only she would've gotten Serena in the semis instead of Jankovic... Haha.

That's not gonna happen, since they'll both be seeded ;)

MiiMo
May 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
My dream road
R1 Cornet
R2 Makraova (:p)
R3 Cibulkova (REVENGEGODCLAYGOATSUPERPOVA Will show up)
R4 Bartoli (if she goes that far)
QF Zvonareva
SF Clijsters
F Schiavone

Sp!ffy
May 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
So...main draw matches start next Monday? :scratch:

Break My Rapture
May 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
So...main draw matches start next Monday? :scratch:
Nope, starts on Sunday. :p

Nina.
May 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Good luck Claypova :cheer:
I am just a bit surpised that it's almost RG time again. Time flies...

KV
May 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Good luck at RG hopefully a repeat of Rome.

pokey camp
May 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
^^I still believe that Maria will beat her if they'll play in Paris...:)
Maybe, maybe not... But I'd rather not find out. :shrug:

I don't want Domi, Kimberley, Vika or Petra anywhere near Maria.

vozas
May 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM
That's not gonna happen, since they'll both be seeded ;)

Oops, my bad! Sorry! I was thinking of the 1st round being the round of 64 instead of 128.

And I didn't know Gajdosova/Groth would be seeded! Good for her I guess. I really dislike her and her tennis.

Hmm, I don't care about the first two rounds. She'll cruise through those. Cibulkova or Goerges would be cool in the 3rd round, and then Kvitova in the 4th.

Jack89
May 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I don't really care who Maria gets in her draw. Obviously there are people I'd prefer her to get than other but the most important thing is that Maria plays well and keeps building her form and confidence.

I mean, you can have an easy draw but if you're playing crap, it doesn't really count for much (The US Open 2009 being a prime example of that)

18majors
May 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Everything else being equal, I hope Maria play Vika, Kvitova or Cibulkova no earlier than quarter-final.

Craig.
May 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I really want a semi.

Sp!ffy
May 17th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Maybe, maybe not... But I'd rather not find out. :shrug:

I don't want Domi, Kimberley, Vika or Petra anywhere near Maria.

There's nothing worse than winning a grand slam and people saying it didnt count (Clijsters :secret:)

claypova
May 17th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I really want a semi.

i just want a QF :help:

s_j
May 17th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I want a career slam! And this Maria's best opportunity to achieve it!

Maria Croft
May 17th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I want a career slam! And this Maria's best opportunity to achieve it!

We all want that :p

But a QF would already be more than amazing at this point, I think reaching that stage again would already be an achievement and sets her up nicely for the coming Slams as well.

Mistress of Evil
May 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
i just want a QF :help:

I want it, too. A QF will be more than enough.

Rerun
May 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
OMG I'm so nervous, I really hope she will go a good job, no matter what ;)

and OMG if she reaches the 3rd round I'll be there to cheer for her :hearts:

I'll be her (hairy) cheerleader :oh:

Shivank17
May 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I want her to make the QFs at least.
This RG will mark,2 years since Maria had made her last QFs at a Slam. :hysteric:
But that hunger for win is more than ever in Maria,she just wants it ,and considering the field,she has the best chance in years at RG. Go for it Bambipova. :inlove:
Kill Woz's Slam dreams. :rocker2:

Feyd
May 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Just don't bomb out early.

18majors
May 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Maria will take it the best she can, one match at a time.

WTAtennisfan15
May 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Maria should try ice hockey...

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
A QF would be pretty good. :) As long as she performs well, I'm happy regardless of her performance. I was particularly satisfied with her Wimbledon 2010 result with the way she played (RG 2010 too, to an extent). :)

Lucas_Arg
May 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
QF, SF?
If Masha thinks like that she will certainly not win.
Anything but a final for me (and I'm sure for her too) would be dissapointing.

18majors
May 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I've been more than impressed with Maria's progresses since she teamed up with Hogstedt. Both Indian Wells and Miami have been pleasant surprises since her terrible Fed Cup loss in February and Rome has just played out ideally.

Undoubtedly, Maria and Hogstedt will undergo another week of fine tuning and I would not be surprised at additional improvements come next week at RO.

madmax
May 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
QF, SF?
Anything but a final for (and I'm sure for her too) would be dissapointing.

Maria would not be Maria if her goal in a major was just to reach QF...and with recent improvements in her ground game I see no reason why her level should suddenly drop. If anything I could bet she would playing even better next week

18majors
May 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
^We know Maria eneters every tournament with the intention to win it!

WTAtennisfan15
May 17th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Maria will play Aegon Classic again :woohoo:

doomsday
May 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I've been more than impressed with Maria's progresses since she teamed up with Hogstedt. Both Indian Wells and Miami have been pleasant surprises since her terrible Fed Cup loss in February and Rome has just played out ideally.

Undoubtedly, Maria and Hogstedt will undergo another week of fine tuning and I would not be surprised at additional improvements come next week at RO.

Actually it's too bad Maria was sick in February cause she said she was feeling a lot better physically before getting sick of course then she had to retire from 3 events, those events would have been a great preparation for IW and Miami.
Everything was delayed because of this virus and she end up winning Rome :lol: anyway there is no doubt a great stuff was made here by Hogstedt and if everything is fine, next weeks are gonna be interesting for her and her team, I can't wait for grass and HC season too.

18majors
May 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
^Well said!

perseus2006
May 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Pova's work ethic and Hogg's "no excuses" demand that she play aggressive, high energy, first strike tennis have resulted in Pova getting deeper in tournaments. I think getting deeper in tournaments is the real key to improvement.

Deeper in tournaments means more matches which is essential for moving the real stuff from the practice courts to the competition courts.

Deeper in tournaments means playing more elite players, not allowing herself to get stuck at a level significantly below her skills. I think this was part of her problem over the last few years. Joyce morphed from coach to a protective big brother, which was probably exactly what was needed for a while, but the recent move to Hogg has put things back on a professional level.

Playing deeper in tournaments has Pova facing a more diverse set of opponents which will sharpen her situational awareness, allow her to try out various tactics, improve her strengths and work on weaknesses.

Pova's improvements are nearly palpable match by match. A ferocious pace of improvement. A lot of it is redesigning old skills to the new situation and some is just new stuff. Hope Pova and Hogg can keep it going!

18majors
May 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
^You're absolutely right that deeper runs and more matches enabled Maria to improve match by match. What I've also been impressed is that she has also shown that she could improve durning a match.

For example, Maria was broken 3 of the first 4 service games by Vika in Rome but managed to hold all 3 service games after that. Another example, Maria trailed the Woz 2-3 the second set in Rome and then reeled off the next 4 games to win the match.

These are all beautiful things to see!

Marilyn Monheaux
May 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I want Masha to win this.
There. I said it.

JamieOwen3
May 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Maria all the way for me! Rome was great from start to finish, even before vika got injured maria was on the verge of beling on fire in that quarter final.
I think there is more of a chance of her losing to a cibulkova than most of the top ten at RG

gc-spurs
May 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM
There. I said it.

I'm with you. None of this QF/SF crap. Sure, those would be positive, but this is THE best chance for a win andit really is quite possible. Ima cut a bitch if Poova shows up.

Pova's TAB odds are at 6.5/1, only behind Vika 6/1 and Woz 5/1.

Sharakim
May 18th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I want Maria to win it all. This is the best chance she's had in years at Roland Garros. I hope the Rome title boosted her confidence to a high level because she's going to need every bit of it over the next two weeks. Come on Maria, take the final major and complete the career slam!

Maria Croft
May 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
QF, SF?
Anything but a final for me (and I'm sure for her too) would be dissapointing.

Well, we're not Maria ;)

Of course she needs to go in thinking she can win, and I believe she can win it all as well.

But looking at her last Slam results, it's only normal That I (and many others) would already be satisfied with a very good showing (QF).

I agree with Teerin that I was actually happy with her showings at Roland Garros and Wimbledon last year, she may not have made the QF's, but she played great tennis against top players. If she's able to bring that every match then the tournament would already be a success.

That's also a reason I want a good draw. Her Roland Garros draw last year was insane, 3R Henin, 4R Stosur, QF S. Williams.

Shyra
May 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I don't really care who Maria gets in her draw. Obviously there are people I'd prefer her to get than other but the most important thing is that Maria plays well and keeps building her form and confidence.

I mean, you can have an easy draw but if you're playing crap, it doesn't really count for much (The US Open 2009 being a prime example of that)

i totally agree with you..lesson learned! how good you are going deeper in a slam should not be overshadowed by the draw you have.... cos' reaching a slam semi or final is not joke physically and mentally. critics or analysts may refer to it as an "EASY" draw, but the fact still remains that your opponent in the semis defeated 5 PROFESSIONAL players with the same goal as a no. 1 ranked or 100th ranked player and that is to hoist the trophy.

tough or easy draw, Maria still needs to defeat every player on the opposite side of the court to win it all. it takes 2 set wins in 7 matches in 2 weeks!

Rerun
May 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
If u look at the general section lot of cursed threads already opened :lol:

I just wanna see her playing well and that's why I find all this thing amusing :rolls:

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
There. I said it.

Everyone here does. :p

Mr.Sharapova
May 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'm rather looking at her chance in Wimbledon that the French. Hopefully Maria has a strong showing at the French and then ends it with her win at Wimbledon :rolleyes:.

WTAtennisfan15
May 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
If Maria just could slide...:sobbing:

jacobruiz
May 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
If she is lucky in the draw she could win it here.

Reptilia
May 18th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Draw out Friday?? I want this tournament to start already :bounce:

doooma6816
May 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Draw out Friday?? I want this tournament to start already :bounce:

Yes...:bounce: I'm looking forward to watching all those matches and Maria of course.:)

Vartan
May 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM
:cheer:

Fool
May 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
My dad, after picking me up from college, is dragging me to a wedding six hours away so I'm going miss one, if not two (depending on if she plays Sunday or Monday), of her matches. :sad:

Craig.
May 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
My dad, after picking me up from college, is dragging me to a wedding six hours away so I'm going miss one, if not two (depending on if she plays Sunday or Monday), of her matches. :sad:

She might be playing her first match on Tuesday actually :)

Break My Rapture
May 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
She might be playing her first match on Tuesday actually :)
Not sure but I think I remember some first rounders being played on Wednesday even.

Craig.
May 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Not sure but I think I remember some first rounders being played on Wednesday even.

Probably due to rain delay ;)

The first round is played Sunday-Monday-Tuesday from what I know.

Mistress of Evil
May 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM

only from men's draw :shrug:

18majors
May 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
^French Open starts on Sunday nowadays, it used to start on Monday.

Maria Croft
May 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Probably due to rain delay ;)

The first round is played Sunday-Monday-Tuesday from what I know.

Yeah, I don't think that has changed.

18majors
May 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I hope Maria plays her first round on Sunday, May 22 so that she can play 7 matches in 14 days.

Maria Croft
May 18th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Whatever works for her, I want her to get enough time to prepare, as well as rest after each match. And you never know what the weather will do, I don't want that disaster from last year to happen where her match had to be suspended due to darkness.

atominside
May 19th, 2011, 12:06 AM
i really doNt like sp?ffy's trolling in GM. If maria loses no one will giver her sympathy and would kinda enjoy her loss. Shit.

atominside
May 19th, 2011, 12:13 AM
sp?ffy wtf. if maria loses we so wouldnt hear the end of it

Vartan
May 19th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Spiffy is a troll.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Lohan-Pizza-Deal-with-it-gif.gif

atominside
May 19th, 2011, 12:30 AM
if she loses. mmkay then

JamieOwen3
May 19th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Firstly i REALLY want her to reach another slam QF! If she does that's when ill start talking of her taking home the big one at the end of the two weeks ;)

goldlion
May 19th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I'm sensing a great performance this year.

1. She has enough time for preparation - arrive 1 week before the event begins.
2. She has a good amount of matches behind her belt, including a TITLE.
3. Physically and psychologically speaking, she's ready and boys, it takes her 2 years to get the full grip back and get back where she belongs.

Sp!ffy
May 19th, 2011, 02:27 AM
i really doNt like sp?ffy's trolling in GM. If maria loses no one will giver her sympathy and would kinda enjoy her loss. Shit.

sp?ffy wtf. if maria loses we so wouldnt hear the end of it

Why the hell would you care about what a bunch of morons on a tennis forum website have to say? :lol: Just focus on Maria and chill out.

atominside
May 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM
meh, i just have this horrible superstition with jinxes as such. These things bother me :|

Sp!ffy
May 19th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Well get over it because jinxes don't exist. :weirdo:

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Why the hell would you care about what a bunch of morons on a tennis forum website have to say? :lol: Just focus on Maria and chill out.

You are absolutely right, from now on I don't care about anything you say anymore. Even your obvious troll posts for attention.

Mistress of Evil
May 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
the ignore option is there for a reason :wavey: just bother to use it if you don't want to be exposed to a certain someone's posting :D

Shyra
May 19th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Poll from tennis.com... winning in Rome made the difference, confidence booster indeed!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q198/shyra_album/preRGpickpoll.jpg

Mr.Sharapova
May 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I Keep seeing Maria dreams lately its getting so weird :sobbing:.

One night I saw her loose 7-5 in the third against Dementieva at the French Semifinal this year :hysteric:.

And last night, the worst of all I saw her loose 16-14 in the third in the 3rd round of Wimbledon to Greta Arn :hysteric::sobbing:.

claypova
May 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
^ i had a dream recently of Venus def. Sharapova 60 62 at the RG :sad:

doooma6816
May 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Venus is not playing so don't worry. ;P

Mr.Sharapova
May 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
^ I mean yeah Venus, But Arn :hysteric:, and Dementieva *retired* :hysteric:.

gc-spurs
May 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I had a dream last week that Stosur beat her in the Rome final... took so long to realise it wasn't real

18majors
May 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
^It's better to dream about Maria losing to Venus or Dementieva than losing to Cibulkova because it won't happen.

18majors
May 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I wonder who were around Tennisforum when Maria won 2008 Australian Open. It must be fun!

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Will the draw be out tomorrow afternoon or evening?
Does anyone know an exact time?

Qetusi
May 19th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Will the draw be out tomorrow afternoon or evening?
Does anyone know an exact time?

Follow the draw on Twitter
The draw for the men's and women's singles will take place on Friday at 11.30 am in the FFT's tennis museum on-site at Roland Garros and will be carried out by defending champions Nadal and Francesca Schiavone. To find out as it happens who will be facing whom in the first round and beyond, follow the draw on the Roland Garros Twitter accounts.

Claycourter
May 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Masha is currently favorite to win RG on www.tennis.com poll :lol:

Mistress of Evil
May 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Don't cha worry, gurl. :hug: She will lose 3rd to some scrub :awww: after all, she is not worthy enough to have her name alongside Henin's on the champ list :tears:

doooma6816
May 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Follow the draw on Twitter
The draw for the men's and women's singles will take place on Friday at 11.30 am in the FFT's tennis museum on-site at Roland Garros and will be carried out by defending champions Nadal and Francesca Schiavone. To find out as it happens who will be facing whom in the first round and beyond, follow the draw on the Roland Garros Twitter accounts.

Oh thanks for info...:)
I will be at school...:(
I hope for a good draw, but the most important thing is how Maria will be playing...if she plays badly, even good draw won't help her.

18majors
May 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Mary Joe Fernandez and Pam Shriver, both former WTA players, pick Maria to win 2011 FO:

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks/_/tournament/5

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
It's amazing that four people still picked Clijsters as the winner.
Surprised to see Maria picked twice, I didn't know these former pro players could be such bandwagon jumpers as well :p
Not surprised however to also see Wozniacki getting two picks.

Mistress of Evil
May 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Kimberly won USO and AO playing below 70% of her ability :shrug: If she is healthy enough and nobody is in some monstrous form, I can see her winning 3rd major in a row. :bounce:

Rerun
May 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I will go to RG and that's amazing
BUT I have tickets only for 3rd round and to be more specific I have PC for the ticket of friday and SL for sunday. I made this decision because usually french ppl understimate Maria or simply dont like her that's why most of times they used to put her on S. Lenglen. I just hope I will be lucky enough :hysteric:

assuming she will reach the 3rd round :sobbing:

Rerun
May 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Clijsters can be dangerous because she realized she can win even if she's not at her best because of the current wta tour level, that helped her to get over all her fears

doooma6816
May 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I like Fernandez's picks. But men's early exit: N.Djokovic....hahahahaha

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
MJF did pick Djokovic as an early exit so... :unsure: :help:

MiiMo
May 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Did Hogstedt come with Maria at Paris... I did not see him ...

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 19th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Did Hogstedt come with Maria at Paris... I did not see him ...

Yup. He was with her during the practice wearing a white Nike Federer polo. :p

Break My Rapture
May 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
How is Schiavone gonna do the draw when she's still in Brussels? :lol:

Hoping for a fortunate draw, please draw in Zvonareva's quarter.

MiiMo
May 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
How is Schiavone gonna do the draw when she's still in Brussels? :lol:

Hoping for a fortunate draw, please draw in Zvonareva's quarter.

Sveta or Sam will probably make it :)

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Kimberly won USO and AO playing below 70% of her ability :shrug: If she is healthy enough and nobody is in some monstrous form, I can see her winning 3rd major in a row. :bounce:

That may be true, but she has barely played any clay matches in the last five years. I don't think she really likes it anymore. I guess you can't count her out though. I'd also rather have the spotlight be on her and Wozniacki than on Maria to be honest.

lefty24
May 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I can't believe some people actually picked Wozniacki as their pick. They obviously haven't been watching women's tennis and just thought she was the easy pick since she's number one.

perseus2006
May 19th, 2011, 07:16 PM
2011 RG Dream and Scheme Chart. May 19, 2011. Preliminary - Need final results from Brussels and Strasbourg.

There is still some futzing to do with points as the final Brussels and Strasbourg results come in, but the situation is pretty well set. I'll overlay these charts when everything is finalized.

In the meantime Dream up a scenario for Pova to overtake Li Na and then Vika. How does the Draw have to help? If Pova defeats Vika in the SF and goes on to win, she will take over the #4 Rank by one point!

Dream and Scheme Setup.
RT = WTA Rank at the start of 2011 Rome. RS = WTA Rank at Seeding.
Current Rank = RT w/o 2010 RG points + 2011 RG points earned.

WTA Current ---------- RT 2010 2010 Start
RT RS Rank ..Player.. Pnts Rnd Earn Pnts

1 1 1 Wozniacki, Car 10105 QF 500 9605
2 2 2 Clijsters, Kim 8115 0 8115
3 3 3 Zvonareva, Ver 7755 2R 100 7655
4 4 4 Azarenka, Vict 5425 1R 5 5420
5 5 8 Schiavone, Fra 5246 FW 2000 3246
7 6 5 Li, Na---- 4635 3R 160 4475
8 7 6 Sharapova, Mar 4481 3R 160 4321
6 8 9 Stosur, Samant 4645 FL 1400 3245
9 9 7 Kvitova, Petra 3743 1R 5 3738
10 10 11 Jankovic, Jele 3670 SF 900 2770
11 11 12 Bartoli, Mario 2930 3R 160 2770
12 12 10 Radwanska, Agn 2876 2R 100 2776
13 13 13 Kuznetsova, Sv 2870 3R 160 2710
15 14 15 Pavlyuchenkova 2715 3R 160 2555
14 15 14 Petkovic, Andr 2730 2R 100 2630
16 16 16 Kanepi, Kaia 2545 2R 100 2445
17 17 24 Williams, Sere 2500 QF 500 2000
18 18 17 Goerges, Julia 2500 2R 100 2400
19 19 19 Pennetta, Flav 2495 4R 280 2215
20 20 21 Peer, Shahar 2455 4R 280 2175

2011 RG Dream and Scheme Chart. Total points by round.

Current ---------- 1R 2R 3R 4R QF SF FL FW
Rank ..Player.. 5 100 160 280 500 900 1400 2000

1 Wozniacki, Car 9610 9705 9765 9885 10105 10505 11005 11605
2 Clijsters, Kim 8120 8215 8275 8395 8615 9015 9515 10115
3 Zvonareva, Ver 7660 7755 7815 7935 8155 8555 9055 9655
4 Azarenka, Vict 5425 5520 5580 5700 5920 6320 6820 7420
5 Li, Na---- 4480 4575 4635 4755 4975 5375 5875 6475
6 Sharapova, Mar 4326 4421 4481 4601 4821 5221 5721 6321
7 Kvitova, Petra 3743 3838 3898 4018 4238 4638 5138 5738
8 Schiavone, Fra 3251 3346 3406 3526 3746 4146 4646 5246
9 Stosur, Samant 3250 3345 3405 3525 3745 4145 4645 5245
10 Radwanska, Agn 2781 2876 2936 3056 3276 3676 4176 4776
11 Jankovic, Jele 2775 2870 2930 3050 3270 3670 4170 4770
12 Bartoli, Mario 2775 2870 2930 3050 3270 3670 4170 4770
13 Kuznetsova, Sv 2715 2810 2870 2990 3210 3610 4110 4710
14 Petkovic, Andr 2635 2730 2790 2910 3130 3530 4030 4630
15 Pavlyuchenkova 2560 2655 2715 2835 3055 3455 3955 4555
16 Kanepi, Kaia 2450 2545 2605 2725 2945 3345 3845 4445
17 Goerges, Julia 2405 2500 2560 2680 2900 3300 3800 4400
18 Ivanovic, Ana 2330 2425 2485 2605 2825 3225 3725 4325
19 Pennetta, Flav 2220 2315 2375 2495 2715 3115 3615 4215
20 Wickmayer, Yan 2195 2290 2350 2470 2690 3090 3590 4190

18majors
May 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
^I agree. Many experts don't follow women tennis closely and their information are often either second-handed or outdated.

I value the opinions from Tennisforum regulars, who live and die with their favorites everyday, much more so than from those occasional experts.

Maria Croft
May 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the chart, but as long as Maria is between #8 and #5 the rankings don't really matter to me. It would only get interesting again if she reached #4, because that would mean getting a better draw at the biggest tournaments.

18majors
May 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Great chart!

Symbolically, Maria back to top 5 where she belongs is huge!

Craig.
May 19th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Surprised at Shriver picking Maria :eek:

Adal
May 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Oh no I don't like all those former players picking her to win :facepalm: I prefer her being the underdog, makes things so much easier.
This has to be the first she's ever been predicted to win RG I guess.

Mistress of Evil
May 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Pressure is a privilege :cheer:

Jack89
May 19th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'm nervous/excited about the draw coming out!

Way I see it is nothing can be worse than the draw she got last year.

Andy.
May 20th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'm nervous/excited about the draw coming out!

Way I see it is nothing can be worse than the draw she got last year.
I hear ya! that draw was hideous!

Sasja
May 20th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Can't wait for the draw :scared:

Andy.
May 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
How long now till it comes out?

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 07:39 AM
2-3 hours left till the draw ceremony begins, I believe

claypova
May 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
ohmygod, issit today? :eek:

i want a tough-ish draw. She always does so well when she gets a hard draw :cheer:

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I want a revenge Draw :devil:.

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
28 minutes, guis!

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
:scared:

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
counting till the verdict comes to light :tears:

MaruSharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
not long now!

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
5! :dog:

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
:lol: this thread is 4th on Google's search for Roland Garros Draw news.

CR3WLFC
May 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM
tough draw please

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
:lol: this thread is 4th on Google's search for Roland Garros Draw news.

:hearts: :bigclap: :hearts:

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Is there a stream in order to follow the live draw ceremony?

pedropt
May 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
No, only Twitter :o

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Can you post a link where I can follow it on Twitter?

pedropt
May 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/rolandgarros ;)

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:47 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/FFTennis

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Sharapova-Lucic!

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Wozniacki-Date Krumm :lol:.

CR3WLFC
May 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
lucic :d

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Tough 1st round for Maria :sobbing:.

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Poor Kimiko :(

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Sharapova with Clijsters. :spit:

claypova
May 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Lucic? :oh:

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
We can close this thread now.

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Stosur, Woz, Peer, Kuznetsova, Rezai, Goerges and Bartoli on the same quarter

FUCK YESS!

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
1st. Round: Sharapova vs. Lucic

claypova
May 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Woz and Gorges :scared:

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Lets Concentrate on the first round first :). When do you guys think Maria will play :scratch:?

CR3WLFC
May 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM

FUCK YESS!

Andy.
May 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Lucic is a good first round opponent. Masha will enjoy playing against Lucic I think

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Tough draw :eek:.

Root

FUCK YESS!

Goerges :unsure:

pedropt
I knew it, so fucking annoying :rolleyes:

Kim and Maria in the same quarter, no dream final for me.

doomsday
May 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I swear Zvonareva always get cakewalk.:lol:

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
^IKR :lol:

I think Maria has her mind set to win this slam. If thats so nobody can stop her, and I'm not afraid of any of her opponents :yeah:.

Emina.
May 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
tough draw indeed...

good luck, Maria! you can do it!!! ;) :)

Vartan
May 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't mind Vera winning it. She deserves it.

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
amaze draw :inlove:

Andy.
May 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Vera winning a slam is almost a bad at Schiavone having won a slam. I'm sorry but I never saw Vera as a top 5 player making slam semi's let alone finals. To me if everyone was playing well (still playing i.e. Henin, Hinges, Williams etc) and healthy she would be around 7-15 in the ranks.

lefty24
May 20th, 2011, 10:06 AM
This is a cake walk compared to last year...

her draw could have been A LOT worse.

who else is in her half?

madmax
May 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Julia in Pusher's quarter:hearts:
I approve:devil:

Craig.
How does Vera ''deserve'' anything? :lol:

Anyways, where does it say on twitter that Maria and Saint Sin are in the same quarter?

Mistress of Evil
Vera winning a slam is almost a bad at Schiavone having won a slam.

this. and we do not need another Francesco :hysteric:

lefty24
May 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM
How does Vera ''deserve'' anything? :lol:

Anyways, where does it say on twitter that Maria and Saint Sin are in the same quarter?

If you want to talk about deserving she deserves it a lot more than Maria. Look at Marias recent slam results and then Veras. :rolleyes:

doomsday
May 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM

What?

Craig.
If you want to talk about deserving she deserves it a lot more than Maria. Look at Marias recent slam results and then Veras. :rolleyes:

No, but if she wins the tournament, then yes she deserves it. I'm just saying it's not as if she was robbed of a win or anything in the past year or so. She got to the final, and was outplayed, and therefore didn't ''deserve'' to win. :shrug: That's how I see it.

CR3WLFC
djokivic got delpo in 3rd round :p

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
^:lol:

lefty24
May 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
No, but if she wins the tournament, then yes she deserves it. I'm just saying it's not as if she was robbed of a win or anything in the past year or so. She got to the final, and was outplayed, and therefore didn't ''deserve'' to win. :shrug: That's how I see it.

That's better than the losing in the 4th round. You can't say that Maria deserves to win and then roll your eyes at Vera winning. and I never said she deserved to win the slams she lost.

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM

GO, Delpo finish that streak off :cheer:

Craig.
May 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
That's better than the losing in the 4th round. You can't say that Maria deserves to win and then roll your eyes at Vera winning. and I never said she deserved to win the slams she lost.

I never said that Maria deserves to win either :lol:

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Go Delpo!!!:lol::bounce::devil:

Maria is in Kim's quarter?:unsure:

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Is Maria's possible second opponents known?

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Julia in Pusher's quarter:hearts:
I approve:devil:

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Crux Squall
May 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
So what’s player in maria’s draw

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
So what’s player in maria’s draw

I think Lucic 1st round....then I don't know...but it seems she can play Kim in QF and Vika in SF.

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
A Really Tough draw :sobbing:.

Craig.
May 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Ugh, the 2 top 4 seeds I didn't want on Maria's half :o

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Vika will lose before SF...but on the other hand she has Na Li...:lol:

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm really afraid of Kim...I don't want Maria to choke or sth...

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Maria can definitely do it :angel:. I have faith in her. I mean she could face Clijsters who's not played for many months now, and Vika/LI who she can deal with them easily :shrug:.

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
first she has to make QF...We still don't know where is Kvitova or Cibulkova. :unsure:

Cherry.
May 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Full draw's already on RG official website.

Mistress of Evil
May 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Radwanska, Whoopie and Zakopalova are the other seeds in Maria's section :shrug: please, make QF :cheer:

Reptilia
May 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
At least no Petra :cheer: QF seems very achievable.

Cherry.
May 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Na Li, Kvitova, Cibulkova all in the same quarter

madmax
May 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
So she gets Klara in R3 and Whoopie in R4...let's say the draw gods weren't cruel to her this time arround:cheer:

Feyd
May 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
The draw is not bad. Path to the QF looks quite easy to be honest.

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah...that's perfect draw...in earlier rounds easy, then not that much. ;) Kvitova and Cibulkova and Ana! in Vika quarter.
Kim has a lucky draw until QF...Can Medina beat her?:D

pedropt
May 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Maria's draw until QF seems good :angel:

Maria Croft
May 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Okay, this is actually a good draw, she avoided all the red hot lower seeds, we can't ask for more.

That first round is a tough one, let's hope it won't be another dramatic three set battle, but that Maria will come through in two sets. The fourth round seems doable as well.

I'm happy to see that she has Kim in her QF section, if she wants to get far and beat a title favorite, this is definitely a great chance to do it.

Claycourter
May 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Good luck to Masha against Fiona. I'll be rooting for her should she make it there.

Maria Croft
May 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Maria's Section:

Maria Sharapova RUS (7)
Mirjana Lucic CRO

Zuzana Ondraskova CZE
Caroline Garcia FRA

Jill Craybas USA
Qualifier

Qualifier
Klara Zakopalova CZE (31)

Yanina Wickmayer BEL (21)
Monica Niculescu ROU

Kristina Mladenovic FRA
Ayumi Morita JPN

Sania Mirza IND
Kristina Barrois GER

Patricia Mayr-Achleitner AUT
Agnieszka Radwanska POL (12)

Andrea Petkovic GER (15)
Bojana Jovanovski SRB

Anastasija Sevastova LAT
Lucie Hradecka CZE

Qualifier
A. Medina Garrigues ESP

Virginie Razzano FRA
Jarmila Gajdosova AUS (24)

Maria Kirilenko RUS (25)
Coco Vandeweghe USA

Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR
Chanelle Scheepers RSA

Qualifier
Arantxa Rus NED

Anastasiya Yakimova BLR
Kim Clijsters BEL (2)

J4m3ka
May 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm really afraid of Kim...I don't want Maria to choke or sth...

Hopefully not. Her confidence should be pretty high from Rome & hopefully she'll have straight set victories in the first four rounds. She wants revenge for last years rain break catastrophe. You should be more worried about the prospect of Azza in the semis, should she not retire before that point :help:

!VamosRafa!
May 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Great draw!:bounce:
She better not mess this up:tape:
And why am I so scared every time she has to play Kim/Henin?
LOL,I'm terrified :unsure:

MaruSharapova
May 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Excited with the draw, really it's thhe best chance she's had in ages to make a QF at a slam :shrug: I wanted her to draw Vera for the quarters though :cry:

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Not a bad draw at all. :shrug: I mean QFs and SFs are tough but it's QFs and SFs, can't expect cakewalk from that point. :shrug: She doesn't get any lower-ranked players who are in great form this season so that's great. :)

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hopefully not. Her confidence should be pretty high from Rome & hopefully she'll have straight set victories in the first four rounds. She wants revenge for last years rain break catastrophe. You should be more worried about the prospect of Azza in the semis, should she not retire before that point :help:

Yeah, I hope she can stay positive and be confident...Kim should be scared more.;)

Vika can lose to Petra...but Petra is as dangerous as Vika...

gc-spurs
May 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Eff me if Shazza don't reach the QFs at the very least. I will also be thoroughly disappointed if she can't beat Kim. I'm going the cocky route this year, I've already got her placed in the QFs. That brings on a lot of potential disappointment, but who gives.

pedropt
May 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I honestly think Maria will beat Kim if they face each other in the Quarters. I'm just sad because I had the dream of them both reaching the final of RG. Anyway, let the winner of that match win the whole thing :)

Andy.
May 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Masha has a pretty soft section, until she gets to the quarter finals. She really should make it to the quarters at least.

vozas
May 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I really like the draw. It's pretty much a cake walk until she meets Kim. Wozniacki's side of the draw is so weak it's not even funny. I expect someone outside the top 10 to come out of it for the final. Can't wait for Maria to get Kim and Azarenka. It's gonna be a great tournament.

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I hope she won't mess it up...She could be in AO QF but look what happened...I know she's much better know and confident but still...

Vikapower
May 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
:spit: This is a a very cool draw for the Maria we saw in Rome... I hope for a Kristina/Maria showoff but Radw will most probably survive that section...

Anyways GL Maria ! :cheer:

Jack89
May 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
It's actually a pretty decent draw for Maria....managed to avoid the tricky players like Petra, Julia, Domi etc.

Still gonna take it one match at a time though. Lucic could be tricky but still expect Maria to come through in straights.

Crux Squall
May 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
good luck maria
pls dont lose another 4th rd in GS

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM
A decent draw for Maria. I don't see why she can't make the Quarters here :!

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Klara may be tricky, Wickmayer injured herself in her last tournament :shrug:.

Maria can blow Agnieska off the court. So the Quarters seem really possible :angel:.

Can't wait for Petra to thrash Azarenka and LI :devil:.

doooma6816
May 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM
So Vera and Caro quarters will be playing on Sunday, right?
Masha on Monday...I guess.

Mr.Sharapova
May 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Masha is on Monday right :scratch:?.

Craig.
May 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I'd rather a tough draw in the second week and a cakewalk in the first week, then the opposite :shrug: So I'm satisfied.

Sharapovian
May 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Okay draw I guess, until the quarters.

Hopefully she can reach at least the quarters.

!VamosRafa!
May 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Vamos Masha:bounce:

Road to the FO title:
R1 def.Lucic 6-4 6-7 9-7(being 6-4 5-2 up and then choking and saving 5 match points in the end)
R2 def.Ondraskova 6-1 6-2
R3 def.Zakopalova 6-4 6-2
R4 def. Radwanska 7-6 6-2
QF def.Clijsters 7-6 4-6 6-4
SF def.Azarenka 4-6 0-1 ret.
F def.Wozniacki 6-4 6-4

Career GRAND SLAM:bounce::bounce::bounce: