PDA

View Full Version : Serena/James: Will They Be Stopped?

tennisIlove09
Oct 31st, 2002, 08:13 AM
Americans. Top Seeds. Serena. James.

Who Can Stop them?

I think, staying healthy, they will win it.

MrV
Nov 1st, 2002, 12:05 PM
They would make a great couple!! :D :D

Experimentee
Nov 1st, 2002, 02:24 PM
Its possible. I think Belgium have a great chance since Serena is usually rusty at the start of the year, and Xavier can beat Blake if he plays well. Also the Belgian team have more experience playing mixed doubles together than the Americans.

King Aaron
Nov 2nd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Serena will not be easyliy stopped. She knows she's rusty at the beginning and will try to stop that.
James is more prone to losing ;)

Serendy Willick
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:39 AM
GO SERENA/JAMES

GrandSlammed
Nov 21st, 2002, 08:01 PM
The makings of a strong team, rusty or not, Blake and Williams.

polishprodigy
Nov 24th, 2002, 10:47 PM
I thikn they are a great couple! But what about Andre, I thought he was doing this?

Kirt12255
Dec 1st, 2002, 06:58 AM
Might I say Australia are capable? ughhhh if they make the final I will be happy. The womens field is terribly strong but if Lleyton wins his singles, I think Alicia can stand up in the doubles.

Go Aussies!!!!! (worth a shot anyhow lol) :-)

~RedRose~
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:14 AM
Alicia usually plays well at Hopman ... she did well at the start of this year ... And Lleyton and Alicia played good doubles last yr ... for wat they did play.

Kirt12255
Dec 1st, 2002, 10:34 AM
Yes they were my hopes...I know she has played a sattelite here in the last few weeks and is geared up for a big summer. I feel she is a little underated...and her 10-8 loss to Panova in the first round of the AO will give her drive.

Yes she played very well last year and Lleyton and Alicia have known each other for a long time, playing at the same tennis club as juniors.

I just guess being a big fan of the tournament layout I want to see them do well. The reasons why?...

I feel after the decisions of the Dokic family (kick in the teeth to Tennis Australia) that I want to see two "Real Aussies" team up together and claim it.

When I say "Real-Aussies", I mean people that love this country that is rife with teams success, not just tennis, but to be an Aussie is to be proud...as it is in many countries.

Tennis Australia pumped so much money into Jelena it isn't funny...no chance of that support in Yugoslavia. She has the makings of a great player...as already proven :-)

I do however say that she is still a young lady...and after the events surrounding the end of the last season...perhaps she may put something back into the system that helped her here...I truely hope so :-)

I know this reads bad...but can't be bothered re-typing LOL

Go Aussies!!!

Keep smiling all :-)

Kirt

Buitenzorg
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:33 AM
The AUSSIE's & The BELGIAN's

Sonf@
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:07 PM
What about Spain?

Tommy can bt James, in fact he was one game away (6-1 5-4) and then the USA withdraw after the rain.

Conchita can always give a surprise to everyone (Capriati Zurich 02 ie.) and has still the class that Arantxa never had.

And if they lose one point, both are good doubles players.

I bet also for Belgium.