PDA

View Full Version : 50k Event in Prague!

Wert.
Apr 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Go Sabine :bounce::wavey::)

Wert.
Apr 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Entry list:
1 HRADECKA, Lucie CZE
2 OPRANDI, Romina ITA
3 HLAVACKOVA, Andrea
4 MAYR-ACHLEITNER, Patricia
5 MEUSBURGER, Yvonne
6 DOI, Misaki
7 CETKOVSKA, Petra
8 TSURENKO, Lesia
9 KRAJICEK, Michaella
10 MINELLA, Mandy
11 SAVCHUK, Olga
12 KREMER, Anne
13 DENTONI, Corinna
14 IVANOVA, Ekaterina
15 VOEGELE, Stefanie
16 BRENGLE, Madison
17 LISICKI, Sabine
18 ZEC-PESKIRIC, Masa
19 WOERLE, Kathrin
20 FLORIS, Anna
21 KULIKOVA, Regina
22 KUSTOVA, Darya

crazillo
Apr 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Except for Hradecka who is in good form she should be able to beat anyone here.

Carsten
Apr 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I'm sure she's also able to beat Hradecka, especially on clay :p

Michael!
Apr 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
well, after her latest results the title has to be her goal here, a defeat against Hradecka wouldn´t be the end of the world but still would be disappointing...looking at the list of players I can only say that she for sure didnt play her best tennis if she doesnt win the title here, good luck!

18majors
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hradecka will play Barcelona Ladies Open final on Saturday, April 30 before competing in Prague $50K. She is clearly in good form and will be a tough out but good luck Sabine.

Wert.
Apr 29th, 2011, 10:56 PM
She can easily win this.Hradecka can be problem but not if Sab shows her best.

Mike81
Apr 30th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Considering she just beat the likes of Bartoli, Cibulkova and Li Na you would assume she can beat these players. Doesn't always work that way but her confidence is much higher now than in earlier tournaments this year when she lost to lesser players, she just needs to be switched on, she can win it all.
Come on Sabine! :cheer::bounce::kiss:

Wert.
Apr 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
They made Live Score board for this tournament. :) :yeah:

Wert.
Apr 30th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sabine's update on FB:Got to beautiful Praha (Prague) today. Unfortunately they made some mistakes and we have to go back and forth between two hotels in the next couple of days...but I hope thats going to be our only problem :)
We came by train here and went straight to the courts. In between the showers I got a practice in. :)

Ivanovic2008
Apr 30th, 2011, 11:51 PM
GL sabs!

Mike81
May 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
No streams? I guess its more cheering for Bine on a live scoreboard then :bounce:

hellas719
May 1st, 2011, 03:36 AM
^Maybe. There's an ATP challenger going on there at the same time and when the WTA tournament was there last year, we had a stream so if she plays on Center Court then there will probably be a stream :D

Mike81
May 1st, 2011, 03:47 AM
^ Hope so. You'd expect she should being playing on centre court :)

Michael!
May 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Sabine plays K.Kucova in first round of Prague, Kucova isn´t that bad but her latest results were pretty average, should be a 2 sets win for Sabine! :)

mk27
May 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
$50,000 Prague

(1)Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Darya Kustova (BLR)
(wc)Karolina Pliskova (CZE) v Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO)
Mandy Minella (LUX) v (wc)Gesa Focke (GER)
(8)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Kristina Kucova (SVK)

Carsten
May 1st, 2011, 04:03 PM
good draw for Sabine, Kucova isn't that good on clay and Minella is in really bad shape. Hradecka in QF isn't that good on clay, too.. and should be extremely tired

Rovegun
May 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Sabine playing tomorrow.... hopefully I will take a pic with her! good luck Sabi.... she should win

Sasja
May 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Good luck Sabine :cheer:

Sasja
May 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Sabine playing tomorrow.... hopefully I will take a pic with her! good luck Sabi.... she should win

Have fun :D

Mike81
May 2nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Good luck Sabine. Expecting good wins please :cool:

Mike81
May 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
A recent Sabine tweet

Puhh, just got to the courts. A tram simply crashed into us and then kept going!!! I'm ok but that was crazy!

Glad she's ok! :scared:

matthias
May 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
there should be livescore on the ATP/WTA livescore App. since the Challenger is a joined Men/Women event
just check the challenger events on the App.

Wert.
May 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
14.30(CET) ECM COURT

Kučová, Kristina SVK vs. Lisicki, Sabine GER

Lisickinator
May 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Sabine leads 5-0 and :rain:

other courts still playing :(

burn
May 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Good start :yeah:

Wert.
May 2nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
6-0,1-0

18majors
May 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
What a performance from Sabine!

mk27
May 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
60 60 :worship:

11 aces :eek:

Michael!
May 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Great result, great over 1st serve, 11 aces, all great :lol:
well, if you want to search for one weak thing today, then it would be her 2nd serve in 2nd set, made only 6/17 points there , which is a bit too bad, one thing she can improve in her match against Minella! :)

Minella shouldn´t be a big problem as well :)

shrOOf
May 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Excellent :drool: nothing to complain about. :)

Sabinator.
May 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Absolutely PERFECT match by Sabine :inlove:

SeMany
May 2nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Absolutely PERFECT match by Sabine :inlove:

awesome biene:worship::bounce::eek:

Sasja
May 2nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Great start for Sabine :yeah:

Dorien.
May 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Sabine :hearts:

Carsten
May 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sabine on fire :worship: :rocker: keep it up!! :D

lovethetennis
May 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
Very impressive :D :yippee: Keep it going Sabine! :cool:

crazillo
May 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, awesome result :eek:

Sabinator.
May 2nd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Sabine on FB:
Wow, what a day in Prague... Someone dropped a tray with 20 glasses on it, next to me at breakfast... a tram hit the car I was in, on our way to the courts... it rained and got really cold during my match...I played in 4 layers of clothes during my match including long pants... and I still managed to win 60 60!! :D
Tomorrow only practice and wednesday 2nd round vs Minella.

:hearts:

Mike81
May 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Excellent! The distractions certainly didn't put her off her tennis today. 6-0, 6-0 can't complain!
Keep it up Sabine :bounce: :cool:

Wert.
May 4th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Sabine will play today against Minella on court 7 .Good Luck :yeah:

Rovegun
May 4th, 2011, 11:51 AM
came back from Prague... I saw Sabine play and practise it was a lot of fun to watch her... took a photo with her after her practise and got a sign after her match which was suspended 3 times at least... Sabine played well and didn´t give any chance to Kucova... it was amazing to see Sabine and suddenly you find out her serve is the biggest weapon it´s so powerful and strong...

on Tuesday she practised on hard court which was almost under the water and the balls were really wet but it was a little bit fun for Sabine too... she can go deep in this tournament... the weather is pretty bad it was so nice a week ago... it was good to see her on such a small tournament where I would never wait to see her... next time I will have to go to abroad to see her because she will be back in Top 100 very soon and she´ll never come back to Prague it there are other ITFs but who knows...

Michael!
May 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Sabine is down 46 14* against Minella :silly: :happy:

mk27
May 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Horrible loss against Minella :facepalm:

Michael!
May 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Minella def. Lisicki 6/4 6/1

:shrug:
one of the worst defeats this year, terrible statistics, no chance at all!
Maybe wasn´t motivated enough to play a smaller challenger + the conditions were really tough but she just has to fight through such matches, no excuse about that, conditions and opponents at GS qualies are similar, that tournament was a good test and she totally failed, not nice to see that she obviously isn´t good enough to beat players like Minella when she has a bad day, that was a definitely a must win, more than disappointing!

SeMany
May 4th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Minella def. Lisicki 6/4 6/1

:shrug:
one of the worst defeats this year, terrible statistics, no chance at all!
Maybe wasn´t motivated enough to play a smaller challenger + the conditions were really tough but she just has to fight through such matches, no excuse about that, conditions and opponents at GS qualies are similar, that tournament was a good test and she totally failed, not nice to see that she obviously isn´t good enough to beat players like Minella when she has a bad day, that was a definitely a must win, more than disappointing!

oh my god i would have bet for a &.1 6:1 win from biene-totally shocked:sad::eek:

Patrick345
May 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Lisicki must be in love with Minella and was distracted by her beauty. That is the most logical explanation. :lol:

Mike81
May 4th, 2011, 03:08 PM
That's pretty bad from my fave girl :(

Sometimes I wonder about Bine's mental state against these kinds of players. Players that will never achieve the rankings that Bine did once and win WTA tourns. Bine has no plan B if the big serving power game fails. Any half decent player can beat Bine on a bad day. That's not good at all.

I follow Bine's twitter and fb religiously and she's had a few distractions this week, wild weather, almost being in a car accident etc but that didn't matter the other day when she won 6-0, 6-0. I'd like to make excuses but I won't really bother. You guys know tennis more expertly than me, I'll leave it to you to analyse.

I barely know this 'beauty' she lost to? then again I'll probably end up looking out for her results now, as I get sucked into following all the good looking girls and tennis wise most of them kind of suck :rolleyes:

Too hot and cold Sabine! still I'm used to following this kind of player and sure I'll be back on TF getting my hopes up again for the next tournament ...

cosmoose
May 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
6-1 in the second set. was Sabine tanking? maybe she was too cold to play ;)

shrOOf
May 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I can't believe this is true. :confused: :confused:

Mike81
May 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM
6-1 in the second set. was Sabine tanking? maybe she was too cold to play ;)

Same for both players though. Didn't see the match, only the scores and statistics. It's not good enough but she'll have to get over that bad loss quickly and get into form and rythm again for Roland Garros quallies. Don't want another miserable qualifying grand slam exit.
I don't know if she's still sick as she had said she had been for a while, Italy will be better conditions.

Dorien.
May 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Damn it Sabine :sad: What hapenned :unsure:

burn
May 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
SAbine :sobbing:

Rovegun
May 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
pretty bad for Sabine... I rated her like one of the biggest favorites of the tournament so this is a shocker... Mandy is one of the hottest girls on tour without doubts... I even took a pic with her and she´s really beautiful in fact but Sabine should have beaten her...

Michael!
May 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I didn´t play good today and lost. Getting back to work tomorrow!

:spit: sounds like "I was not in mood anyway"
only can get better in Italy , weather should be better there at least!

Mike81
May 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM
pretty bad for Sabine... I rated her like one of the biggest favorites of the tournament so this is a shocker... Mandy is one of the hottest girls on tour without doubts... I even took a pic with her and she´s really beautiful in fact but Sabine should have beaten her...

I've seen this Mandy now, yes she's pretty but I prefer Sabine anyday with her beautiful eyes and big smile :lick:

Shame about the tennis result though, I see Minella is 25 yo and never been ranked top 100.
A match to forget for Bine!

hellas719
May 5th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Sabine :sobbing:

Omega1
May 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM
:spit: sounds like "I was not in mood anyway"
only can get better in Italy , weather should be better there at least!

Looks like that Sabine was unpleasant for all stories in Prague no longer be there.
Otherwise I can not explain this defeat.
It is admirable that after an auto accident probably still in shock,
could play tennis :worship:

Mike81
May 5th, 2011, 06:01 AM
The auto accident didn't stop her the other day from winning but maybe a combination of the weather, the accident and her not feeling that well put her off her game.

cosmoose
May 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Bine likes big tournaments, big courts, and big crowds. :D

Rovegun
May 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I've seen this Mandy now, yes she's pretty but I prefer Sabine anyday with her beautiful eyes and big smile :lick:

Shame about the tennis result though, I see Minella is 25 yo and never been ranked top 100.
A match to forget for Bine!

but I have never said I don´t like Sabine more... I love Sabine and her smile I think she has the most beautiful smile ever on circuit in my opinion:worship:

ChrisCologne
May 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
In HER situation, the excuse she wanted to tank the tournament because she had emotional stress there is rubbish

She´s top130 and thanks to the fact she has almost nothing to defend the next weeks she automatically will re-enter the top100

Maybe she´s TOO aware of that and wants too much too quick. Maybe that Stuttgart-event had the Lucic-effect on her

Mirjana Lucic often regarded herself as a "star" in the past and too good to play at such a level. She closed her eyes for the fact she´s top200 and played events like she´s the one to beat because she regards herself as top40 with regard to star potential

Sabine Lisicki is top40 in her style no matter what. We all know that. Her game is top20. Unfortunately that top20-40 level is nothing guaranteed

Look at the fact that I recently saw that after Prague 50$ there´s a Prague 100$ event the next week. I often wondered if this is the ideal situation to play without travelling and with more points and I believe she´s changing the city again. Why that? She´s out, it´s Thursday, she can train there and forget the bad mood instead of hectic and travelling

Furthermore, she´s forced to play both qualifyings for the GS now and her chance of making points the week before a GS is gone

If I were Sabine, I would try to play Birmingham, by the way, to get her confidence for grass back up