PDA

View Full Version : Would Caro have done better...

Vikapower
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
In majors with the actual technologies and stuff... in the actual field and baseline power play... IF they were played in their very first versions or almost :

>> AO : Grass from 1905 to 1987 (speed :scratch:).

>> RG : Red clay since 1891.

>> Wimbledon : Fast grass from 1877 to around the 2000s.

>> US Open (1) : Grass from 1887 to 1974 (speed :scratch:).

>> US Open (2) : Green clay between 1975 and 1977... though it only played on 2yrs. but just to know.

If no who would have done better from the actual field !!? Would the power-hitters from the base-line have a clearer advantage over her !!?

The Witch-king
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:50 PM
where's the non of the above option?

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Red clay in the 1890's would have been good.

Svetlana)))
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:00 PM
She would have been a non-entity struggling to make ends meet in any of the above options.

Setsuna.
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Another Caro thread. That's exactly what GM needs at the moment.

TennisFan66
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Why do people who hate/ doesn't like Caro open one thread after the other? .. Is it so you can then complain there's too many Caro threads?

poulao
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
She would have done about the same, or so I would think. :)

Miracle Worker
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
This is thread about Caro, but I don't understand why this thread was opened?

The answer is one: We don't know and we will never find out. The reason is simple: we can't back to the past.

RenaSlam.
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Ha.

edificio
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
She's doing damn well now.

Vikapower
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
This is thread about Caro, but I don't understand why this thread was opened?

The answer is one: We don't know and we will never find out. The reason is simple: we can't back to the past.

:lol: This isn't about going back in the past... it's just to know if her game would have adapted better to the surfaces used in the majors almost 20 to 25 or more years aback...

Ok maybe I kind of purposely oriented the question to Caro but as she the #1 and expected to win a major... you're free to bring in any player you want... :shrug:

Serenita
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Why dont the mods open a whole new section and call it "Caro love and hate threads"

Atleast we can stroll thru the GM without seeing all these Caro threads.

tkutsaar
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
OK I will try for a serious answer. Since prior to 1974 the three majors except for RG were played on grass and since there seems to be a consensus amongst Caro/haters; Caro/detractors and Caro/fans that Wimbledon would be the least likely major for her to win; then ergo it stands to reason that the answer to this poll is RG. Such answer will be fortified if Caro does win the FO this year and flounders at Wimbledon. Of course if she does win Wimbledon as well all bets are off. BTW in case you are wondering I define a Caro detractor as one who does not cheer for Caro but at least has reasonable, logical and/or persuasive rationale for being so.

Oh I'm bad I had overlooked the three year period of USO on green clay and since she just won Charleston that probably is the correct choice but I voted before I noticed that fact.

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
She's doing damn well now.I think she would do well with old wood rackets. Hard to over power her.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Retire from TF in peace, please :oh:

Vikapower
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:04 PM
OK I will try for a serious answer.

I made this seeiously but voluntarily oriented it to Caro for marketing issues... ;)

Since prior to 1974 the three majors except for RG were played on grass and since there seems to be a consensus amongst Caro/haters; Caro/detractors and Caro/fans that Wimbledon would be the least likely major for her to win; then ergo it stands to reason that the answer to this poll is RG. Such answer will be fortified if Caro does win the FO this year and flounders at Wimbledon. Of course if she does win Wimbledon as well all bets are off. BTW in case you are wondering I define a Caro detractor as one who does not cheer for Caro but at least has reasonable, logical and/or persuasive rationale for being so.

Wimbledon has been slowed down since 2001 to allow more baseline rallies... which explains also why Nadalito always makes it far in that slam...

Caro IMO will never win Wimbledon because the surface is a real priviledge for flat hitters which will makes her be at the mercy of any one of them on a given day... on grass you can't defend as comfortably as you would on some HCs...

IDK how fast were AO or USO on grass beyond the respective weather in which they were played... Australia is very hot so I suppose that they had very fast courts... :shrug:

Bingain
Apr 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Caro IMO will never win Wimbledon because the surface is a real priviledge for flat hitters which will makes her be at the mercy of any one of them on a given day... on grass you can't defend as comfortably as you would on some HCs...

Don't be so sure about it. It is very possible LTA will change Wimbly grass to suit Murray's game in a last-ditch effort to save national pride. By that time, Venus will be busy selling apparels. Serena will be running for Florida governor. Masha will be busy feeding her triplet. Kim will be opening her 21st kindergarten. Li Na Academy will have acquired IMG academy. Kvitova and Azaranka will be contemplating short-term retirement to boost their legacies. Who is there to compete with Caro? Your only hope will be Saint Brie Whitehead (who is destined to win 2 slams each year for 12 years), but she will be banned from Wimbly cuz she'll refuse to change from those heart-attack-inducing neon red sports bra and little bright red shorts.:hearts::hearts::hearts::kiss::kiss::kiss: