PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else EAGERLY wanting to see a Wozniacki vs. Serena match?

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Many posters probably want to see this match because they feel it would be very one sided. I think it will be epic. Woz has to be the next best mentally strong player next to Serena. And combined with her confidence and game (even though it's boring) I think it would be a very competitive match. Many long rallies. Hitting through Wozniacki is not going to happen easily even for Serena. I think it will be awesome to see what strategy Serena will come up with. I'm not talking about peak vs. peak. Just a match. Preferably at a Grand Slam. It better happen.

young_gunner913
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:51 AM
In a slam, Serena will blow Caro off the court. In a non-slam event, she'll struggle but win.

Sp!ffy
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:52 AM
One legged Serena would still kill her...

danieln1
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:52 AM
When they were in very good form, even though it was not a slam, Serena won the third set tiebreaker..... The next one, one-legged Wozniacki lost the set 6-4 and then had to retire... I think people who says Serena will win 6-1 6-1 are purely delusional, UNLESS Serena is on her "fire" mode, than no one stans a chance

It´s going to be a very, very tough match for both players, and this board will crash right after!

Kworb
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:53 AM
We have already seen 100% Wozniacki vs 25% Serena and it was pretty good. I do look forward to their future matches.

yv7h7N6nprA

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:54 AM
In a slam, Serena will blow Caro off the court. In a non-slam event, she'll struggle but win.

One legged Serena would still kill her...

I'm saving these and this thread for a bump.

I don't get how people can think it's gonna be that easy.

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:54 AM
We have already seen 100% Wozniacki vs 25% Serena and it was pretty good. I do look forward to their future matches.

yv7h7N6nprA

You can't go off this AT ALL. Woz is not even the same player. Not even close.

Kworb
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:02 AM
You can't go off this AT ALL. Woz is not even the same player. Not even close.

Yes sadly she has never played that well again. But at least we know the potential is there.

young_gunner913
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:08 AM
I'm saving these and this thread for a bump.

I don't get how people can think it's gonna be that easy.

What does Caro have to beat Serena with? Serena will destroy her second serve and could crush her first serves as well. The FH is laughable, and her bh isn't much better when compared to Serena. The only thing she has going for her is that she's a good retriever and Serena's struggles against them. The only slam Caro could give Serena the most trouble is RG. If it's a non slam tour event, Serena could play sloppy and still win like she did in Sydney.

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Yes sadly she has never played that well again. But at least we know the potential is there.

Yeah right :rolleyes:

And I agree with @danieln1's post.

Galsen
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:09 AM
well if it is on grass , I don't care if Serena is coming back from injury or not she'll slay anyone expect healthy Venus.
other surface? it's another thing

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:11 AM
What does Caro have to beat Serena with? Serena will destroy her second serve and could crush her first serves as well. The FH is laughable, and her bh isn't much better when compared to Serena. The only thing she has going for her is that she's a good retriever and Serena's struggles against them. The only slam Caro could give Serena the most trouble is RG. If it's a non slam tour event, Serena could play sloppy and still win like she did in Sydney.

You're making the same mistake like the Pova fans before USO 10 or IW 11.

young_gunner913
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:13 AM

Are you trying to compare Serena to Maria?

backhandsmash
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:16 AM
I would love it. But only if Serena was completely healthy.

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Are you trying to compare Serena to Maria?

Of course not. Pova is currently playing and reaching finals of big tournaments like Miami. Serena hasn't played in months and no one knows when or in which form or shape she will ever come back.

Vikapower
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:20 AM
If there's a player able to blow the pusher off the court it's [...] and if she comes focused like sometimes where she unecessarely was e.g. Dubaď 2009, Wim 2009... then she doesn't need to place her shots that well just the raw power and weight in her shotmaking will easily dismantle the Dane's tentacles...

And as the video shows up there... she does something very important by not beeing afraid to come up at the net and most importantly execute quite honestly contrary to amateurs like JJ or Whoopmayer on any short ball or if her shots have precedently abled/enabled her to do so... the problem is she isn't the player she once was.

Keadz
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I dont think we will ever get a match with these two at 100%. Theire Sydney match, whilst entertaining was with Serena not trying and Caroline playing with out a whole lot of experience or results behind her.

Maybe I am discrediting serena, but I'm nor sure she will be able to return with her best form, whilst Caroline is at her peak. She isn't getting any younger.

Their friendship might change the dynamic of the match as well.

Still be extremely interesting to watch ;)

Batiguza
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:22 AM
When Serena comes back, she won't allow any pusher to beat her... :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:27 AM
If an out of form Jelena can beat or trouble pre-injury Serena, I don't see any reason to think Wozniacki will be blown off the court. In a major, I'd give Serena the edge; anywhere else I'd say the odds might be with Woz.

Woz is really underestimated on here.

brickhousesupporter
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:40 AM
If an out of form Jelena can beat or trouble pre-injury Serena, I don't see any reason to think Wozniacki will be blown off the court. In a major, I'd give Serena the edge; anywhere else I'd say the odds might be with Woz.

If Kim, Sam, Na and Vera can beat Wozniaki , I don't see why Serena wont be able to do the same.

Sp!ffy
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Cant believe there are people underestimating Serena's ability to kill Caroline. :facepalm:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Caro beat a bunch of former #1's after Wimbledon, and she only has 1 close loss at the YEC in 6 matches with former #1's the last 9 months.
I hope she plays Kim, Serena , Venus and Dinara some more.

backhandsmash
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:53 AM
In-form Serena against Woz at the US Open would be a dream come true. No matter the outcome.

brickhousesupporter
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Caro beat a bunch of former #1's after Wimbledon, and she only has 1 close loss at the YEC in 6 matches with former #1's the last 9 months.
You are an idiot.......all number 1's are not equal please stop trying to imply that they are.

RenaSlam.
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:59 AM

Don't act like the former #1s she's beaten are champion-caliber. :rolleyes:

You can use the term "former #1" all you want, but if you're referring to people like Dinara, Ivanovic, Jankovic, etc. then it doesn't mean too much.

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:00 AM
You are an idiot.......all number 1's are not equal please stop trying to imply that they are.You certainly are an idiot expert.:lol:

Petrova beat Serena the last 2 times they faced. Dementieva beat Serena a few times.
I dont care who Caro plays. If she plays former #1's, fine.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Of course not. Pova is currently playing and reaching finals of big tournaments like Miami. Serena hasn't played in months and no one knows when or in which form or shape she will ever come back.

Serena's definitely coming back. :D

She's training again, in this outfit. :lol:
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/4286/275542662.jpg

Now that's dedication. :lol:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:06 AM
You certainly are an idiot expert.:lol:
I dont care who Caro plays. If she plays former #1's, fine.
ooooooh you got me......http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af19/rudeboy77/Gifs/20u90k2-1.gif

Ryan
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I can't wait. On anything but grass I see it being pretty competitive. Not because Woz is better than Serena, but her defense is impeccable and she never quits. Could be a really fun matchup.

doktor
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Can we has Serena back now?

Vikapower
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM

JJ's game is a lot more thoughtfull at it's best which can/might explain her very good record against the WS...

Singleniacki
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I cant wait to see it :drool:
It will be very close.

Reptilia
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I guess nobody thinks that Serena may struggle coming back at first? It's like everyone is expecting her to win every tournament she enters right away. I would love to see this matchup. I think it will be pretty close, I can see Caro frustrating the hell out of Serena.

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 04:15 AM
If Kim, Sam, Na and Vera can beat Wozniaki , I don't see why Serena wont be able to do the same.

Kim, Na, Sam, Vera beat Serena. I don't see why Wozniacki can't. Not really seeing your point here.

I can't wait. On anything but grass I see it being pretty competitive. Not because Woz is better than Serena, but her defense is impeccable and she never quits. Could be a really fun matchup.

This. But let me elaborate. Serena's mental strength can also be her Achiles heel. She gets frustrated all too easily. Woz's game will frustrate her and Woz win immediately take initiative from then. Serena hits the ball hard. Caro loves that. She is excellent at absorbing pace and redirecting with precision. Sharapova hits the ball quite hard. It's not much less if any than Serena. And look at what Woz has done to that strategy. I'm not saying Woz will beat her or lose to her. I think it will surely test Serena's on court tactics. Over powering Wozniacki is not easy. Likewise with Jankovic. And look at Jankovic's H2H with the WS.

JJ's game is a lot more thoughtfull at it's best which can/might explain her very good record against the WS...

I think this is the nicest thing you have ever said about JJ. :inlove:

Gdsimmons
Apr 14th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I think in a slam everywhere besides RG, Serena would demolish Caroline. Caroline's 1st serve ;she just lays it in there, Serena would just pummel both the 1st and the 2nd. I dont know why more players dont do that. I think in a slam Serena can be playing at 60% capacity and Caroline be playing at 100% and Serena still beat her. And in non-slams I think we would be in for 3 sets but Serena would prevail

Doully
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Since when did Serena start caring about non-slam events? :lol: Charleston 2008?

poulao
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:29 AM
They have played each other twice in 2009 and Serena won both times. Back then, all the top players played Caroline basicly the same way (except Venus ofcause). If Caro gets into the second week at Wimbledon this year, she will meet at least one of them, I can't imagine tem putting Kim, Caro and the Williamses in the same quarter, that would be a sin. :lol:

FoWTA
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
it's a relief serena is not going to be number one for a long time

QuietPlease
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
USO final 2011 :yeah:

C. W. Fields
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I can't imagine Serena risking her health to make it back in time for FO but I think she'll try to make Wimbledon. A meeting on grass of course favors Serena though it's anybody's guess what shape she'll be in. She's not likely to play more than one of the summer HC tournaments before US Open so at best there's 3 chances of them running into each other the next half year. Not too likely to happen.
I think a match at USO would be the most interesting: the surface suits them about equally well and they've both played some of their best tennis there in the past. Plus Serena has some months to really get into shape and shake off the rust while Caro hopefully hasn't worn herself down with too many warm-up tournaments.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:12 AM

Interesting...can't recall you be this cautious when Juju came back after her retirement. You even had her winning the Oz open! :help: :lol:
And now Serena doesn't stand a chance against Caro?! :lol: Matt, Matt, Matt..

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Serena at a major? Caro playing the way she's playing now, ain't beating Serena..not even on clay. at non-major? Can struggle.
And people bringing up Jankovic..Serena apart from that little slip up at the '08 oz open, has had Jankovic figured out for quite a while now.

Dodoboy.
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I can't wait! Think some of the very cocky fans will be surprised! I'm a bigger fan of Serena, but I can still see a possibility of her losing. Playing well, yes she should beat Caro in straights, but that's not always what happens.

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I really couldn't give a fuck.

I'm more exited to see Serena just playing a match. Any match.

I only skim read this thread, but if anyone is saying that Wozniacki has a chance because JJ has beaten Serena before, then sit down. :lol: The reason Jelena has beaten Serena is because she used to be a great big-match player and she returned so well and used Serena's pace against her. Wozniacki doesn't do any of that.

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Sharapova hits the ball quite hard. It's not much less if any than Serena. And look at what Woz has done to that strategy. I'm not saying Woz will beat her or lose to her. I think it will surely test Serena's on court tactics. Over powering Wozniacki is not easy. Likewise with Jankovic. And look at Jankovic's H2H with the WS.

Wozniacki against Sharapova is just bringing a lot of balls back, Maria is losing because she lacks patience and rush her shots, Wozniacki is not using Maria's pace to redirect rallies the way Azarenka did in Miami final for example.
Caroline can't even hit winners against a player like Maria (6 in IW SF:help:) she absorbs Maria's pace with moonballing or whatever she is doing out there but she is certainly not going toe to toe from baseline she won't win these rallies, you won't see her hit a clean winner from the baseline in a amazing rally.(sometimes she can surprise with her BH but FH side:help:)

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Depends on how Serena comes back. If she comes back to a form like she had in 2010 or close(which I'm expecting,) I have to give her the edge in the bigger matches. However, people who are all "Serena will destroy her 6-0 6-0!!!!!!!1" are clearly delusional. You may not like Wozniacki's style, but she's clearly a great player, the best currently on tour outside of maybe Slamsters. I can easily see her taking Serena to three on Hard, possibly even Grass since a lot of times Serena will tank a set if she's already gotten broken.

All in all though(and I know people say this about all of Caroline's opponents,) the match will be on Serena's racket. If her ROS is on she will be going off on Wozniacki's second and even first serves. If she's having one of those days where she can't seem to get an aggressive return in the court, she will probably lose. The one thing that differentiates Serena from the hard-hitters/"ballbashers" that Wozniacki has been making a living off of (Besides the serve and mental toughness in the big stages of course,) is her willingness to come in and punish those shortballs that will be coming back from killer serves and returns. If her serve and return are at 75% or higher, I can't see her losing.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Depends on how Serena comes back. If she comes back to a form like she had in 2010 or close(which I'm expecting,) I have to give her the edge in the bigger matches. However, people who are all "Serena will destroy her 6-0 6-0!!!!!!!1" are clearly delusional. You may not like Wozniacki's style, but she's clearly a great player, the best currently on tour outside of maybe Slamsters. I can easily see her taking Serena to three on Hard, possibly even Grass since a lot of times Serena will tank a set if she's already gotten broken.

All in all though(and I know people say this about all of Caroline's opponents,) the match will be on Serena's racket. If her ROS is on she will be going off on Wozniacki's second and even first serves. If she's having one of those days where she can't seem to get an aggressive return in the court, she will probably lose. The one thing that differentiates Serena from the hard-hitters/"ballbashers" that Wozniacki has been making a living off of (Besides the serve and mental toughness in the big stages of course,) is her willingness to come in and punish those shortballs that will be coming back from killer serves and returns. If her serve and return are at 75% or higher, I can't see her losing.

Very well said..Serena showed this already in their second match. Was coming to the net a lot. Odd that other players aren't seeing this opportunity.

Olórin
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I would say the chances are that if they meet outside a slam Wozniacki would win. :shrug:

However in the US Open or Wimbledon unless Serena's movement has deteriorated to even worse than her 2007 levels I don't see how Wozniacki is equipped to beat Serena. I wouldn't expect the matches to be terribly exciting, but you never know.

The French Open would be more difficult to call, as Serena probably won't play it and it would be her first tournament back, most likely.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Rena winning all GS encounters. :) Karolina winning some regular WTA matches. :shrug: Since they are BFFs Rena might tank all the matches outside of the Slams. :hearts:

Smitten
Apr 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Yes! I am always very excited to see Wozniacka take the court.

JAS_
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I would, but with Serena fully fit.
However, if Serena comes back too early, having issues with fitness and game, then I think Woz will probably have a huge advantage considering her style of play.
Could be wrong.

young_gunner913
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Matt that was a good one. I know it must've hurt for you to write something decent about Maria but her IW SF/Miami F looks good on paper, but she hardly had any wins over quality players. I'd say her best win over a quality opponent was over Shuai Peng in the IW QF before she got stomped by Caro. Petkovic in Miami was another good win but in both tournaments we saw what happpened when she meets in form players (Wozniacki and Azarenka).

Mistress of Evil
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Of course, Sharapova must have been brought in :rolleyes:

The Witch-king
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Nor really tbh.

!VamosRafa!
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM
LOL @ people saying Serena would kill her!Just look at the match in Sydney where Woz was so young and she had no experience what so ever and she even had 3 match points!Serena was playing amazing in big moments and she won...but look at their match in the YEC in 2009! It was very close even though Serena was at her best and Wozniacki was injured and had to retire.
Wozniacki is no.1 and she's playing the best tennis of her life right now,and Serena hasn't played for 10 months...I know it's Serena,but she wont just come back and kick everyone's @ss and win Grand Slams..This is the worst injury of her career and she can't be inform the second she steps on clay or whatever...She is one of my favorite players,but I know she would be the underdog vs Wozniacki...

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Interesting...can't recall you be this cautious when Juju came back after her retirement. You even had her winning the Oz open! :help: :lol:
And now Serena doesn't stand a chance against Caro?! :lol: Matt, Matt, Matt..

It would be very nice if you could stop twisting my words, stop putting words in my mouth I never said, and stop that ridiculous obsession you have with Serena.
Because if you don't do that, I have to punish you :cool:

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Matt that was a good one. I know it must've hurt for you to write something decent about Maria but her IW SF/Miami F looks good on paper, but she hardly had any wins over quality players.

Still more than Serena recently, no?
And last time Pova and Serena met (at a Slam[!]) it was a very competitive match. And Pova these days loses to Woz in 2 sets. All that tells me that Serena vs. Woz will be a very competitive match as well, I don't even have to look at their last matches which were very close as well...

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
LOL @ people saying Serena would kill her!Just look at the match in Sydney where Woz was so young and she had no experience what so ever and she even had 3 match points!Serena was playing amazing in big moments and she won...but look at their match in the YEC in 2009! It was very close even though Serena was at her best and Wozniacki was injured and had to retire.
Wozniacki is no.1 and she's playing the best tennis of her life right now,and Serena hasn't played for 10 months...I know it's Serena,but she wont just come back and kick everyone's @ss and win Grand Slams..This is the worst injury of her career and she can't be inform the second she steps on clay or whatever...She is one of my favorite players,but I know she would be the underdog vs Wozniacki...

Serena was so not at her best in this match, she hold her serve just once in the entire set:help: it was a crappy set they were both injured. I still don't know how Serena won the YEC, oops I forgot it was Venus on the other side of the net in the final:rolleyes:

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Matt that was a good one. I know it must've hurt for you to write something decent about Maria but her IW SF/Miami F looks good on paper, but she hardly had any wins over quality players. I'd say her best win over a quality opponent was over Shuai Peng in the IW QF before she got stomped by Caro. Petkovic in Miami was another good win but in both tournaments we saw what happpened when she meets in form players (Wozniacki and Azarenka).

Sharapova lost against the two future winners I don't really see the big deal here, ok she clearly lost in both matches(mostly because of her) but I still think it's not that bad to lose against the future winners, at worst she was the third player this last month, and the only one who reach IW and Miami SF. Not bad at all.

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM
And last time Pova and Serena met (at a Slam[!]) it was a very competitive match. And Pova these days loses to Woz in 2 sets. All that tells me that Serena vs. Woz will be a very competitive match as well, I don't even have to look at their last matches which were very close as well...

And? Matchups differ, how they fare against Sharapova has nothing to do with anything. I shouldn't have to tell you this, Matthew :rolleyes: And besides, Maria's level of play was considerably better in that Wimbledon 4R than either of her meetings with Woz.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
It would be very nice if you could stop twisting my words, stop putting words in my mouth I never said, and stop that ridiculous obsession you have with Serena.
Because if you don't do that, I have to punish you :cool:

Just saying..now that Serena's preparing her come back, you already talking about that she should start at tier III level first...and when it was Juju, it was all: domination again, 3 majors a year? :scratch: Doesn't add up, mo?! :lol:

But cool...let the games be played first. :cool:

young_gunner913
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Is that some kind of dig about Serena not playing? Because I'd rather have Serena's last tournament over anything Sharapova has done since her comeback. And yes, their Wimbledon match was a very competitive match, a very competitive straight sets match.

And their competitive match in Sydney proved 2 things: even when playing sluggish, Serena can still beat Caro and Caro doesn't have a weapon to pull out the knock out punch on MP against an opponent like Serena, Venus, or Kim.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM

This I can agree with..although Serena is a miles better player than Maria, so Maria's performance against Caro shouldn't be barometer for Serena.
I do think it'd be a tough match for Serena, just coming from injury.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Is that some kind of dig about Serena not playing? Because I'd rather have Serena's last tournament over anything Sharapova has done since her comeback. And yes, their Wimbledon match was a very competitive match, a very competitive straight sets match.

And their competitive match in Sydney proved 2 things: even when playing sluggish, Serena can still beat Caro and Caro doesn't have a weapon to pull out the knock out punch on MP against an opponent like Serena, Venus, or Kim.

Stop making Sharapova happen :hysteric: She is so irrelevant to the discussion :tape: Its a Karolina-Serena thread :bigwave: Plus Sharapova is no-where near the form of either Wozniacki or Williams. :shrug: She is not a Slam contender anymore, you know. :rolleyes: And Matt01 you just find more fascinating ways of hating on players. :o Funny thing you are namesakes. :lol:

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
And? Matchups differ, how they fare against Sharapova has nothing to do with anything. I shouldn't have to tell you this, Matthew :rolleyes:

You have a point. And we've seen that Woz' game matches up rather well with Serena's.

Just saying..now that Serena's preparing her come back, you already talking about that she should start at tier III level first...and when it was Juju, it was all: domination again, 3 majors a year? :scratch: Doesn't add up, mo?! :lol:

I did not say any of these things so your post is irrelevant.

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Stop making Sharapova happen :hysteric: She is so irrelevant to the discussion :tape: Its a Karolina-Serena thread :bigwave: Plus Sharapova is no-where near the form of either Wozniacki or Williams. :shrug: She is not a Slam contender anymore, you know. :rolleyes: And Matt01 you just find more fascinating ways of hating on players. :o Funny thing you are namesakes. :lol:

Yeah don't see the point at all. And of course bandabou had to show up and take a dig at Maria:o

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM

Get real. I'm trying to be objective and I was saying positive things about Pova in this thread. No hating here :rolleyes: :wavey:

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I do think it'd be a tough match for Serena, just coming from injury.

Then I guess we can agree on the topic :shrug:

Don't always be so defensive when it comes to Serena.

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Get real. I'm trying to be objective and I was saying positive things about Pova in this thread. No hating here :rolleyes: :wavey:

:lol: the other day Maria was so shit she couldn't even reach QF of majors anymore and today she is becoming good she reaches IW and Miami SF and finals, hypocrite much? Anyway like the other guy said match uP differ, there is no doubt in my mind that Serena force Maria to bring the best out of her while Pushniacki, well let's just say Maria need to take her seriously because against her she is just too bad, no motivation or whatever but sth is definitely wrong:lol:

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM
:lol: the other day Maria was so shit she couldn't even reach QF of majors anymore and today she is becoming good she reaches IW and Miami SF and finals, hypocrite much?

Both are facts. How are facts hypocritical? :weirdo:

BepaMaria
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Definitely. I am relishing the thought of Sunshine being thrashed and fed bakery products.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM
You have a point. And we've seen that Woz' game matches up rather well with Serena's.

I did not say any of these things so your post is irrelevant.

:cool: Just messing with you man. I see your point..Woz has become tough, even for Serena.

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Both are facts. How are facts hypocritical? :weirdo:

I meant you use Maria's case the way you want. Anyway like bandabou said Maria's meetings over Wozniacki aren't a baromater for Serena.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Then I guess we can agree on the topic :shrug:

Don't always be so defensive when it comes to Serena.

Of course..wel always do. ;) :cool:

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah don't see the point at all. And of course bandabou had to show up and take a dig at Maria:o

No dig at Masha..just stating, by this point in their career...Masha's play against an opponent isn't a barometer for Serena against same opponent.

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
No dig at Masha..just stating, by this point in their career...Masha's play against an opponent isn't a barometer for Serena against same opponent.

I was talking about the miles better, that wasn't necessary and it's not true either.

bandabou
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I was talking about the miles better, that wasn't necessary and it's not true either.

slight exxegaration...sorry. ;)

pov
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see a match with a fully healthy Wozniacki and a fully healthy Serena Williams. I also think that, at this point, the outcome would be Williams in 3.

Nico_E
Apr 14th, 2011, 04:17 PM
you bet

see Woz, aka cow on ice mover, getting made to run piggy run :lol:

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM
:'( No one ever quotes or fights with me. I just set up the battlefield. I feel so left out :sobbing:

Serenita
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
:'( No one ever quotes or fights with me. I just set up the battlefield. I feel so left out :sobbing:
So random:lol:. It takes a special kind of troll to rile the board up. Dont try to hard.:D

VeeJJ
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:05 PM
So random:lol:. It takes a special kind of troll to rile the board up. Dont try to hard.:D

I know :lol: But I feel like I make good points sometimes and people don't acknowledge them cause they are totally stupid or because they are spot on and they are too proud to give me credit. I wanna know which.

Fuzzylogic
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM
As long as the said match does not happen with the next year, as I think it might take a while for Serena to get back to full fitness. Once she does, I expect a straight sets win except on clay where Wozniacki would have a chance. I'd really hate for them to meet within like 3 months of Serena's return which Wozniacki would probably win and someone would bump this with unjustified smugness.

Well this might sound weird, but as far as I'm concerned, Slams are the only events to judge Serena's true form in the last 3years. I'm pretty sure there are players who have good records against her outside Slams, but have that reversed in slams.

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:31 PM
As long as the said match does not happen with the next year, as I think it might take a while for Serena to get back to full fitness. Once she does, I expect a straight sets win except on clay where Wozniacki would have a chance. I'd really hate for them to meet within like 3 months of Serena's return which Wozniacki would probably win and someone would bump this with unjustified smugness.

Ughhhh, you speak too much truth :worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
it's a relief serena is not going to be number one for a long time

:unsure:

debby
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM

I can teach you and give you some ideas since apparently, I always attract fights on GM :eek:

Anyway, I would like to see that match-up again, IF and only IF Serena is healthy.... because let's face it, at her peak Serena can move very well... but she can be such a lazy ass....

And Caro is such a wall... always pushing back, pushing back the ball till the other makes a mistake....
It would be a nice contrast, I always have liked contrast games, that's why I actually enjoy watching Wozniacki against great players (not the likes of Errani or Santonja-whatever).

Roookie
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Caro def. Williams 7-5 6-3

Sp!ffy
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:46 AM
I can teach you and give you some ideas since apparently, I always attract fights on GM :eek:

I can almost imagine what kind of advice you could give him. Probably something along the lines of, "say the most stupid shit you could come up with and post a thread about it."

Macomere
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Caro def. Williams 7-5 6-3

as if :rolleyes: this Woz-fever going around needs to stop

AcesHigh
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I know :lol: But I feel like I make good points sometimes and people don't acknowledge them cause they are totally stupid or because they are spot on and they are too proud to give me credit. I wanna know which.

Don't worry. You're posts are recognized.

1)You only have around 2,000 which means you have a life..
2)You're sensible and what grabs attention around here is stupidity, controversial statements or pretentious grandstanding

VeeJJ
Apr 15th, 2011, 04:20 AM

2)You're sensible and what grabs attention around here is stupidity, controversial statements or pretentious grandstanding

:inlove: I feel so Justified now :) :hug:

dragonflies
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:37 AM

yv7h7N6nprA
Very nice match. Thanks for posting. Both players played well. I would say it was more like 90% Wozniacki vs 70% Serena.

Woniacki was hitting and moving even better than some of her recent matches. The Serena's lop at 3:46 was :lick: and she volleyed very well too (players like Na need to watch this)

Sp!ffy
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:51 AM

yv7h7N6nprA

Can't believe I rooted for Wozniacki in this match. :facepalm: Oh how times have changed. :lol:

bandabou
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Nice match indeed...interesting to notice how many times Serena came to the net and how well she was finishing points there. I think this is the best tactic for beating Caro..come to the net and finish those floaters.

MB.
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Caro's going to win in straight sets.

:oh:

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Very nice match. Thanks for posting. Both players played well. I would say it was more like 90% Wozniacki vs 70% Serena.

Woniacki was hitting and moving even better than some of her recent matches. The Serena's lop at 3:46 was :lick: and she volleyed very well too (players like Na need to watch this)
Caro played well in this match but there's no way 70% Serena would've only won 1/9 second serve points at any stage in the match. :lol:

bandabou
Apr 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Very entertaining match..the more you re-watch it. :lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Obvious hate thread is obvious.

Of course Serena princess GOAT biotch killer would win 6-0 6-0 :bigclap: :weirdo: :rolleyes:

Setsuna.
Apr 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I think Serena won't get her form back sadly. Therefore Wozniacki will win if they met but not in Wimbledon.

poulao
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Serena might recover completely, I at least hope so. So best wishes of speedy recovery. :)

Sammo
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hell no, I hate their games. However, I'm eagerly wanting to see the result of a wozniacki-serena match.

The Witch-king
Apr 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM

I personally ignore posts by anyone with GOAT in their name:wavey:

VeeJJ
Apr 16th, 2011, 05:11 AM

ok. :weirdo:

Singleniacki
Apr 16th, 2011, 05:18 AM

ok. :weirdo:

Dont worry, Dama Do Bling is just a troll ;)
I think you do make valid points! (and the captions in your sig are funny :oh:)

Sp!ffy
Apr 16th, 2011, 05:26 AM

I personally ignore posts by anyone with obnoxious ebonics in their signatures. :wavey:

Slutiana
Apr 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
:spit: They're just highlights. You can't come to a conclusion on how well any player was playing by simply looking at the winners. Particularly when there are only 8 minutes worth of winners between both for a long three setter. Usually it's at least double that.

In that tournament Serena also got taken to three and saved MPs vs Stosur in a similar match before getting blown away and winning only 4 games vs Dementieva in the final. So I'm going to *go out on a limb* and say she was playing closet to 7% than 70.

KBlade
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
:spit: They're just highlights. You can't come to a conclusion on how well any player was playing by simply looking at the winners. Particularly when there are only 8 minutes worth of winners between both for a long three setter. Usually it's at least double that.

In that tournament Serena also got taken to three and saved MPs vs Stosur in a similar match before getting blown away and winning only 4 games vs Dementieva in the final. So I'm going to *go out on a limb* and say she was playing closet to 7% than 70.

She actually played Dementieva in the Semifinals. Part of that result was due to poor scheduling. Serena finished her match in the early morning and was expected to play the same afternoon. Dementieva beat Safina in the final.

MiiMo
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Serena will just trash her in Wimbledon, 2nd Round, I hope so.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I read somewhere on the forum that Serena's protected rank would be #1, so she could come back and still be the top seed in all the slams? :lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I read somewhere on the forum that Serena's protected rank would be #1, so she could come back and still be the top seed in all the slams? :lol:

Whereever you read that the poster was wrong. Yes, Serena will have a protected ranking of #1 but a protected ranking works only for entry into tournaments, not for seeding.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Whereever you read that the poster was wrong. Yes, Serena will have a protected ranking of #1 but a protected ranking works only for entry into tournaments, not for seeding.
OK thanks for clearing that up. :p

The Witch-king
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I personally ignore posts by anyone with obnoxious ebonics in their signatures. :wavey:

I thought I was going on your ignore list:drool:

Macomere
Apr 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
do u really think they'd put Woz as the #1 seed over Serena(2time def champ) in Wimbledon? :spit: :rolleyes:

AlwaysGraf
Apr 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm looking forward more to Kvitova Wozniacki match-that rivalry could explode-could be really good-if Lisicki would get her act together the WTA could be saved with those three being a consistent top 3

terjw
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Yes.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I'm looking forward more to Kvitova Wozniacki match-that rivalry could explode-could be really good-if Lisicki would get her act together the WTA could be saved with those three being a consistent top 3

Kvitova-Wozniacki would be a lame rivalry because Kvitova either blows Caro off the court or blows herself off. It's hard to imagine an actual match between these two where both actually show up. :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'd want to see the match itself but I'd dread to see the aftermath in GM :facepalm:

VeeJJ
Apr 17th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'd want to see the match itself but I'd dread to see the aftermath in GM :facepalm:

This. I doubt to the fullest extent that if Wozniacki beat Serena no one who say it was a fair win. Her fans would whip out their excuse books.

VeeJJ
Jul 27th, 2011, 06:50 AM
NaGOAT, you're so 5 minutes ago :rolleyes:

This needs to go down, STAT.

Graftard
Jul 27th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Kvitova-Wozniacki would be a lame rivalry because Kvitova either blows Caro off the court or blows herself off. It's hard to imagine an actual match between these two where both actually show up. :lol:

No, the rivalry will be lame because GOATra will step up with her consistency and stop losing to Caro entirely. This "rivalry" will shape up exactly like Hewitt/Federer where Hewitt won the first few because as a defensive player he peaked earlier, but when Fed peaked he stopped losing to him. Caro already got a taste in Wimby 2010, in a year or so ALL Caro Vs Kvitova matches will go like that.

Hurley
Jul 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM
do u really think they'd put Woz as the #1 seed over Serena(2time def champ) in Wimbledon? :spit: :rolleyes:

:oh: