PDA

View Full Version : Safarova is OUT of Fed-cup, Hradecka replace her

itzhak
Apr 13th, 2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.sport.cz/clanek/185055-safarova-se-pred-fed-cupem-zranila-nahradi-ji-hradecka.html

Lucie was injured yestersay (Left thigh) and cannot play this weekend, Hradecka wad called for emergency replacement.

pwayne
Apr 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
The tie with Belgium just got tighter. Question is who #2 will be stronger as Yanina and Petra are in the number 1 slots.

A-Bond
Apr 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I still think Czech Republic will win. They have tons of Top 100 Players while Yanina's alone without Kim. I expect Yanina to win both singles matches, Kirsten to lose both singles matches and the doubles will be an easy rubber for the Czechs.

Smitten
Apr 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Lucie better get healthy. Ballparking this figure here, but I'd say 50% of her current ranking is her dirt results from last year.

Uranium
Apr 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
The tie with Belgium just got tighter. Question is who #2 will be stronger as Yanina and Petra are in the number 1 slots.

Kirsten may actually get the upset over Petra. Yes, Kirsten isn't in good form, but Petra hates those kind of players. Players like a Glatch and Barrois and Flipkens, who slice and dice, keeping the ball low on Petra. Petra has had a tight match with Kirsten recently. Should be a fun tie though, I am rooting for the Czechs to make the final. But I assume Iveta is being put in for the singles now? So Iveta should beat Kirsten and same goes for Petra. Yanina will most likely beat Iveta and the match with Petra is a toss up. Doubles is the Czechs for the taking. I see the Czechs taking it even without Safarova.

Wiggly
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Oh man.

Safarova has quite the record in Fed Cup so that is a huge blow of the Czechs.

Iveta hasn't played in Fed Cup since an horrific loss that left her traumatized for years.
Barbora would be the kind of players who would frustrate Wickmayer more.

edificio
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Wah!?! Is this the thigh she always has wrapped? I think the team will do okay without her, though. Pretty deep team, really.

Break My Rapture
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Get well Lucie. The Czechs should still win though.

Loungy
Apr 14th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Worried about Lucie's ranking.