PDA

View Full Version : Players who are still in a slump and players that have plateaued

shoparound
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:55 AM
There are some players that we have considered that have gone in an up and down slump but there are also players that have reached a low and seem to play that level ever since. Which players do you guys consider to be where?
Where would Ivanovic be? is she still in a slump or plateaued? Cornet?

Wiggly
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Cornet is someone that benefited from the up-and-coming factor before the girls started to figure her out.

claypova
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Rezai :tape:

Serenita
Apr 13th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Sharapova:D

Vikapower
Apr 13th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Cornet >>> Bartoli but whatever... Carla Suarez certainly... Vee Williams too and the slump has been for quite avery long time outside of grass.. I wonder if that's not a record in itself !!???

Mistress of Evil
Apr 13th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Sharapova:D

she is not in a slump :hug: she is jut a Tier II player :kiss:

Batiguza
Apr 13th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Stosur is definitely in a slump right now. :banghead:

V-MAC
Apr 13th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Cornet >>> Bartoli but whatever... Carla Suarez certainly... Vee Williams too and the slump has been for quite avery long time outside of grass.. I wonder if that's not a record in itself !!???

Nice to see you have incredibly high expectations of Vee:cool:

Singleniacki
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Firstly, you keep telling yourself that :oh:
Secondly, Carla still hasn't recovered from her injuries yet.

I think Hantuchova is a plateaued player, i find it hard to see her coming back to top 10.

Henpova
Apr 13th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I think Vee, Hantuchova have plateaued but a lot of that could be because of age and some many injures over the years...

Maria, Ana I, JJ, are still in slumps but are coming back....it looks like the same for Safina

I hope the Ana C can start to unslump but she has had some bad luck on and off court....

FMeier
Apr 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Stosur certainly seems to be in a slump right now for no obvious reason.

On the other hand Andrea Petkovic is getting better and better. Will be interesting to see if she can continue rising in the rankings!

-----------------------------
www.onlinetennisinstruction.com

Smitten
Apr 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Slumping AND plateaued: Jankovic.

Not really any room for growth as a player within the base of her game, but even the things she used to do well she doesn't execute anymore.

BlueTrees
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cornet >>> Bartoli

Um, yeah. And Safina >>> Serena Williams.

Vikapower
Apr 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Firstly, you keep telling yourself that :oh:
Secondly, Carla still hasn't recovered from her injuries yet.

I think Hantuchova is a plateaued player, i find it hard to see her coming back to top 10.
I really love you Vee fans - my favourite fan base... you all have so much hope but just still not enough to push her to her 1st. major trophey outside grass... :hug:

I really like Carla's game but she has weirdly disappeared from the scene - I thought from lack of confidence etc... so I hope she finds a way to recover... :hug:

Um, yeah. And Safina >>> Serena Williams.

Interestig. I've never confronted these 2 players so maybe on some aspects you are be right... ;)

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Slump - Stosur, Li.
Passed their best - Petrova( now a doubles player), Safina ( back injury is never totally going away)

Melange
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I thought she said the MRI shows her back is getting better

stangtennis
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cirstea doesn't seem to get out of her slump.

Chakvetadze and Dokic has never reacher their previous level again either.