PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo: Schiavone def. Wozniacki 6-4

Hian
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
She saved both WTA and ATP on clay :hearts: Even if this 1-set-win means nothing :lol:

MaBaker
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:29 PM
So, "Wozniacki plays ATP MC match!!!" was between two WTA players?

Well done Schiavone.

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
LOL :oh: u guys are something else :happy:

Sharapovian
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Well done Fran.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Sexa :bowdown:
Karolina :awww:

Patrick345
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM
So, "Wozniacki plays ATP MC match!!!" was between two WTA players?

Well done Schiavone.

Nadal married Schiavone last Sunday in Vegas and took her last name. Rafael Schiavone could barely beat Caro on his best surface. Deal with it, you haters make me sick.

Sincerely Tea-man

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I thought Schiavone was injured.

Patrick345
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM

Why do you think Caro won four games. Duh. :devil:

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
:haha:

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:47 PM

:lol:

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM
So Schiavone won :yeah:

It was predictable, but it's always something.

tkutsaar
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
She saved both WTA and ATP on clay :hearts: Even if this 1-set-win means nothing :lol:

Hmm! I gather that the WTA needs to be saved. From what I’m not sure but no doubt others are in the know. I get the sense that the WTA gets saved every time Caro loses, but not just in tournament play! Apparently now I understand that if Caro loses in an exhibition the WTA is saved yet again.

Certinfy
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM
They put Nemo vs Benny on the 2nd main court due to an exhibition? Fucking assholes!

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM

So mean. :tears:

Hian
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM

:spit:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Nadal married Schiavone last Sunday in Vegas and took her last name. Rafael Schiavone could barely beat Caro on his best surface. Deal with it, you haters make me sick.

Sincerely Tea-man

:lol: Franny :yeah:

poulao
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
If only the roles are reversed come FO :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Now Caroline can take a few days off. At least she knows to go easy in the exos.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM

:haha:

sweetpeas
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:13 PM
She worn outttttttttttt!

C. W. Fields
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I can live with the pain. I just hope Fran is fresh and fit for the RC season.

Drake1980
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
they didn't actually play did they? :shrug:

TheHangover
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
i think schiavone is one of the really few players who can stop wozniacki on clay, because she is patient, her game is based on long rallys like wozniacki's game and on this surface the fact that caro's ball is a bit faster don't plays a decisive role like on hard. The other players don't want to sustain long rallys with caroline and they always go for too mutch, making a lot of errors. with serena out, clijsters "dubious", stosur in mental confusion, jankovic (?), zvonareva...not on clay, venus not competitive atm we have wozniacki, schiavone and azarenka, i wouldn't count out also sharapova and ivanovic

Drake1980
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM
OMG, they did actually play, just saw it on MC website. :eek:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM
defend the title Miss Bwaheee :hearts:

OMG, they did actually play, just saw it on MC website. :eek:

what's so :eek:?:help:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:53 PM
So, Schiavone saved the WTA by winning a wta exhibition match over a Wozniacki who just won a hard fought title the week before? :lol:

Haters' logic fails yet again :lol:
Seriously, you guys are seriously clutching at any Wozniacki defeat, aren't you? :wavey:

Ferg
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Win it all Fransexa :worship:

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:57 PM
^hard fought? :spit:

ReboundAce
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
God bless you Fran i am starting to like you ?

nevetssllim
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Fransexa's gearing up to retain her RG crown. :yeah:

TheHangover
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
So, Schiavone saved the WTA by winning a wta exhibition match over a Wozniacki who just won a hard fought title the week before? :lol:

Haters' logic fails yet again :lol:
Seriously, you guys are seriouslt clutching at any Wozniacki defeat, aren't you? :wavey:

i think they are ironic, don't take it too seriously

poulao
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM
LINK (http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2011/Tournament/Monte-Carlo-Monday-Ladies-Day.aspx) :)

hankqq
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
They put Nemo vs Benny on the 2nd main court due to an exhibition? Fucking assholes!

:tape: so you're saying Nieminen vs. Benneteau is a center court quality match? :unsure: :spit:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
:tape: so you're saying Nieminen vs. Benneteau is a center court quality match? :unsure: :spit:

i guess you didn't see the match then :weirdo:

Noctis
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM

:oh:

eDonkey
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Seriously, you guys are seriouslt clutching at any Wozniacki defeat, aren't you? :wavey:

yeah, of course
we're too ugly to have friends or any kind of social life:tape::help:

tkutsaar
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
i think they are ironic, don't take it too seriously

Whew! Thank goodness you were able to straighten this out. At least this takes a lot of pressure off Caro’s opponents in exhibitions knowing that they are not required to win in order to say the WTA. Such task is left for Caro’s tournament opponents.

GoofyDuck
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM

I'm so happy :yippee:

A-Bond
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM

It's certainly better than Wozniacki-Schiavone :o

hankqq
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
i guess you didn't see the match then :weirdo:

No, I didn't. Even if it was good, neither guy is a top player and I wouldn't expect them to play on center court unless this was at least a QF :shrug: At every tournament there are some great matches between lower ranked players on the outer courts. If they're gonna have an exhibition, it's gonna be on the main court. I don't see what the issue is here.

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:12 PM
No, I didn't. Even if it was good, neither guy is a top player and I wouldn't expect them to play on center court unless this was at least a QF :shrug: At every tournament there are some great matches between lower ranked players on the outer courts. If they're gonna have an exhibition, it's gonna be on the main court. I don't see what the issue is here.

Was the Schiavone/Wozniacki match broadcast? As far as I know there wasn't even anywhere you could follow the score live. That's my only issue. If you are going to have an exhibition in the middle of a tournament at least make the match available for people to see or follow the score. Otherwise what is the point?

Jorn
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Monday signalled Ladies Day at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, celebrated by a special one-set exhibition match between WTA World No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark and 2010 Roland Garros champion Francesca Schiavone of Italy.

Wozniacki was beaten 6-4 on Court Central by the well-supported Schiavone, but enjoyed the experience of playing at the Monte-Carlo Country Club. “It’s an honour to play here and to play with Francesca,” said the Dane. “I know it’s a men’s tournament, but to be able to play a set here was unbelievable. It’s like my home here, I live just up the street, and Francesca has a lot of Italian fans here. I had fun.”

As long it was fun, OK with a loss ;)

Mainly they just wanted home player Caro on Ladies day...the reason she just fly in so fast from USA... :)

LightWarrior
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Woz has got to stop playing 365/24/7. She's all over the place. It's sickening and tacky.

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I somehow doubt the organizers would bother to organize an exhibition match involving 2 WTA players and then put them on an outer court.

QuietPlease
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Nice. I wont lose any sleep over this 'defeat'.

tkutsaar
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Nice. I wont lose any sleep over this 'defeat'.

Yes as I understand it this “loss” will not hurt Caro in the rankings. What this “loss” does do is give therapeutic relief to the Caro haters in this forum after that extremely disappointing result of the Charleston semi-finals.

After Caro escaped by skin of her teeth against Barbara Strycova and Yanina Wickmayer hopes were exceedingly high for a loss against Jelena Jankovic . The win by Caro just caused the haters to go berserk- so much emotional hope was invested in a Caro loss at the hands of JJ.

Thank goodness this “loss” to Schiavone- it’s not much granted but hopefully it may bring some equilibrium back into the lives of the haters.

olivero
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:30 PM
who cares about the tier Is
well done Francesca :bowdown:

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:56 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6626/sfg5.jpg

edificio
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:46 AM

It was a really good match. It was deserving of center court.

Woz has got to stop playing 365/24/7. She's all over the place. It's sickening and tacky.

It was no big deal, and she lives in Monte Carlo anyway. Just a small exo.

SVK
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Nieminen vs. Benneteau had actually much more drama and choking than most of WTA matches.

And conrats to Francesca, that´s a good sign before RG :bowdown:

Frederik
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:05 AM
yeah, of course
we're too ugly to have friends or any kind of social life:tape::help:

acceptance is the first step. ;)

j/k

TheHangover
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Whew! Thank goodness you were able to straighten this out. At least this takes a lot of pressure off Caro’s opponents in exhibitions knowing that they are not required to win in order to say the WTA. Such task is left for Caro’s tournament opponents.

sorry but i don't get it, an exhibition is an exhibition, relax

Lachy
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Bwaheee is saving the tour :inlove:

rimon
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:33 AM
i think schiavone is one of the really few players who can stop wozniacki on clay, because she is patient, her game is based on long rallys like wozniacki's game and on this surface the fact that caro's ball is a bit faster don't plays a decisive role like on hard. The other players don't want to sustain long rallys with caroline and they always go for too mutch, making a lot of errors. with serena out, clijsters "dubious", stosur in mental confusion, jankovic (?), zvonareva...not on clay, venus not competitive atm we have wozniacki, schiavone and azarenka, i wouldn't count out also sharapova and ivanovic

Agreed. Francesca will always be the favourite against Caroline on clay. She was outplaying her at the AO this year, but fatigue from the Sveta match got to her in the end.

rimon
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Bwaheee is saving the tour :inlove:

:confused: "Bwaheee"?

Gdsimmons
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:47 AM

:worship::worship:

darrinbaker00
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM

Nothing an appearance fee couldn't cure. ;)

Tweety Snape
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:52 AM
:confused: "Bwaheee"?
Her grunt. Though I would describe it more as a WA-HEE!

darrinbaker00
Apr 12th, 2011, 02:55 AM

You know, you're absolutely right. It is sickening and tacky for a professional tennis player to play tennis. :yeah:

rimon
Apr 12th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Her grunt. Though I would describe it more as a WA-HEE!

That's what I meant. I don't get the "b". :lol:

iGOAT
Apr 12th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Yeah because this is SO indicative. Not like Caro just got off a plane, not like Caro has won three titles last year and if first set only counts Wickmayer would have beaten her last week. But of course, Caro lost so the WTA is saved... The mental damage this defeat causes Caro will probably lead her to young retirement during the clay season so she can pull a Justine Henin and retire at number one :tape:.

Fran :yeah: I guess the injury isn't so bad ;):).

tkutsaar
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:01 AM
sorry but i don't get it, an exhibition is an exhibition, relax

Let me cross the “tees” and dot the “eyes” for you so you understand why I responded the way I did. You see the OP started this thread reporting this exhibition “loss” by Caro and declaring that the WTA has been saved. You see it is standard procedure for Caro haters to proclaim the WTA has been saved each time Caro losses. Why the last time Caro lost (to Petkovic in Miami)- there was wide spread joy and 30 pages were needed in this forum to chronicle all the glee of the haters and their relief that the WTA has been saved that day.

Unfortunately Caro doesn’t lose too often so the WTA has not been saved all that often. By the way what the WTA is being saved from or needs to be saved from I have no clue. In any case it looked like by this thread that there is a perception that it is required that Caro “lose” exhibition matches as well if the WTA is to be saved. Now another Caro fan in his posting chided the haters for getting too excited by an exhibition “loss” and in believing that the WTA is saved thereby.

So you posted suggesting that in essence since this is only an exhibition match that the haters really are not that excited by this match and are not that serious in their joy. I took that post of yours to mean that the haters probably do realize that the WTA has not been saved as a result of this exhibition “loss” so I replied expressing my happiness in knowing that Caro’s exhibition opponents have no onus to save the WTA.

As a Caro fan I can rest assure you that I realize this was an exhibition match, of only one set I might add, so I am not too disturbed by this "loss". I participated in this thread simply because I was fascinated that an exhibition match could be the focus of so much attention. Perhaps it is the mystique of Caro that spawns all these threads about her.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM

Well that was a relief then.:wavey:

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM

No No It gives creds with WTA and Cash Lots Of Cash.

TheHangover
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
just saw a video on utube with wozniacki signing autographs and taking pics with fans, she surely is very friendly and professional. she won a tournament in Charleston then take a flight that lasted, i don't know, 7 hours? then she arrived in montecarlo dealt with media and fans and played an exhibition match. serena and sharapova should learn that this is the way a professionist behaves

BepaMaria
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Always feels good to see the pusher lose, even though this is just an exho. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come during the clay season.

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Always feels good to see the pusher lose, even though this is just an exho. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come during the clay season.Enjoy this because she won Dubai, IW and Charleston the last 2 months. So this is more unusual than her winning titles

Hian
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Nothing an appearance fee couldn't cure. ;)

She wasn't injured, she simply said she wanted to prepare the clay season.

rockstar
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
caro was just using this as a warm-up. she knows how to play franny on clay now, if they do meet again at RG it'll be caro coming up on top, mark my words :oh:

Hian
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:40 PM
caro was just using this as a warm-up. she knows how to play franny on clay now, if they do meet again at RG it'll be caro coming up on top, mark my words :oh:

I'll mark the word "dreamer" on your face right now.

C. W. Fields
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
just saw a video on utube with wozniacki signing autographs and taking pics with fans, she surely is very friendly and professional. she won a tournament in Charleston then take a flight that lasted, i don't know, 7 hours? then she arrived in montecarlo dealt with media and fans and played an exhibition match. serena and sharapova should learn that this is the way a professionist behaves

Matt Cronin didn't think so: "The 20-year-old left the site almost right after the victory to catch a plane to Monte Carlo where she will play an exhibition against Francesca Schiavone on Monday, a strange occurrence given that champions are usually obligated to do at least a10 minute post match press conference. That the tour allowed Wozniacki to put the exhibition above its needs is just another indication that the star players continue to do what they want and when they want" :ras:
http://www.********************/wrap_041011.html

kman
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Always feels good to see the pusher lose, even though this is just an exho. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come during the clay season.

Caroline destroyed Na Li at an exhibition in January, then lost to Na Li at Australian Open.

Hopefully Caroline losing this exho means she will beat Franny should they meet at French Open.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
God bless you Fran i am starting to like you ?
Because she beat Caroline, right? :worship:

You haters never fail to make me laugh :haha:
I bet you were on the Petkovic bandwagon after Miami, right? :haha:

Sombrerero loco
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:48 PM
caro tanked...

Ivanovic2008
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Wow Schiavone fans are happy? :lol: Nobody tries in an exho!

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Watching the tournament, I see Rolex all over.
Thats why they wanted Caro. She has Rolex as a sponsor, they're sponsoring this tournament. They wanted her in the exo.
Also Caro tweeted
@CaroWozniacki
Busy day today, had lunch at the Rolex Marquee with Federer, his family, My parents, Princess Caroline of Monaco and main person from Rolex