PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki will dominate for the next 5 years

dane
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
At least. You hear it here first. Noone can touch her right now. Serena, Venus and Kim won't play forever. Maria isn't the player she used to be.
So, Wozniacki will dominate tennis at least for the next 5 years.
Till she retires, she will probably win more slams than Graf.
She will win at least 2 slams this year :wavey:
Her amount of singles titles will reach at least 70 or even more.
Like it or not, it's the fact.
So deal with it, haters :drool:

eck
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
At least. You hear it here first. Noone can touch her right now. Serena, Venus and Kim won't play forever. Maria isn't the player she used to be.
Till she retires, she will probably will more slams than Graf.

:hysteric:

KBlade
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
This is just getting ridiculous. Did we really need another spam thread about Wozniacki? Don't you think she has enough threads already without this pointless mess of thread which just seems to be asking for another TF war to break out. Nobody knows what will happen in the next five years. I'm sure heaps of people thought Safina would win a slam a couple of years ago, until she was struck down with injury. Anything could happen to Wozniacki.

BepaMaria
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Nice jinx thread. You do know that theres players by the names of Zvonareva, Kirilenko, Cibulkova, Petkovic, Azarenka and Robson who are capable of beating her anyday don't you?

Libertango
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Comedy times.

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
:no:

Frederik
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Nice jinx thread. You do know that theres players by the names of Zvonareva, Kirilenko, Cibulkova, Petkovic, Azarenka and Robson who are capable of beating her anyday don't you?

Zvonareva and Azarenka can...

The rest... :scratch:

Lachy
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Ridiculous thread for a ridiculous player.

Imperfect Angel
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Ok.

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Please change your drugs, cause they don't work.

I'm sorry for that, but Caroline's fans are really overreacted right now.

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:11 AM

Please learn the definition of 'facts' as well as 'deluded'. kbye.

Melange
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
She has to change her gameplan soon to avoid stress injuries. She cannot keep up that style of game for very long, especially when you combine with the massive schedule she attempts to play. At this rate, give her another two years and she wont be able to keep the intensity going.

Hian
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41801_82376258193_6462361_n.jpg

"The solution of this case is really simple. He's stupid"

young_gunner913
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Has anyone else noticed that every Wozniacki fan keeps mentioning the WS + Kim wont be around forever. How utterly pathetic is it that she should have to wait for their retirements in order to win slams.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
This kind of thread is meaningless.
If you're a fan, enjoy how hard she tries, and how successful she has become, and continues to improve.
But wait until she wins multiple majors to talk about potential domination. She isnt doing that now.

Serenus Christ
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljesnpipDm1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
:lol: Nahhh...it's sweeter to beat the old guard to win your titles, no? Why wait till their retire for you to start winning? That only makes you look like a transitional-champ. ;)

PineappleBoy
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Where is Woziniaki's Grand Slam??:o

MyskinaManiac
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Gone of the days when girls like Ana, Maria, Jelena and Sveta could shut the door on such pretenders as Caro. In my opinion, if Kim is fit (which I secretly think she is) I think we wont see Caro winning ANY slams this year.

You heard it here first.

BepaMaria
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Gone of the days when girls like Ana, Maria, Jelena and Sveta could shut the door on such pretenders as Caro. In my opinion, if Kim is fit (which I secretly think she is) I think we wont see Caro winning ANY slams this year.

You heard it here first.

Caro would lose before she is scheduled to meet Kim, like what has happened in the previous 2 majors. Having said that, even without Kim or WS around, Caro would still not be winning slams in her career.

Yes she may be dominating in the WTA tournaments but when it comes to the crunch in a slam where on-court coaching is not allowed and Caro has to rely all on herself, she will fail to deliver as she is mentally weak and does not have the game to trouble opponents as well.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Caro would lose before she is scheduled to meet Kim, like what has happened in the previous 2 majors. Having said that, even without Kim or WS around, Caro would still not be winning slams in her career.

Yes she may be dominating in the WTA tournaments but when it comes to the crunch in a slam where on-court coaching is not allowed and Caro has to rely all on herself, she will fail to deliver as she is mentally weak and does not have the game to trouble opponents as well.

I agree.

Kim has showed that Caro's game doesn't trouble her, and think of the great battles Kim had with the likes of Henin, Serena and Venus over the years. Makes you wonder, had we still had them playing, mixed in with a fully fit Maria, we'd have Caro ranked at 4 at best given her tournament whoring.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Has anyone else noticed that every Wozniacki fan keeps mentioning the WS + Kim wont be around forever. How utterly pathetic is it that she should have to wait for their retirements in order to win slams.

They aren't around even now so that is irrelevant anyway.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Kim has showed that Caro's game doesn't trouble her, and think of the great battles Kim had with the likes of Henin, Serena and Venus over the years.

Did you miss the YEC or are just talking out of your *ss?

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Hingis was winning majors at 16. Now it seems to take longer for young players to get to the top.
There's probably 2 things that can happen. These young players, like Caro & Vika, win majors, or the older players keep winning until a new group of young players come up.

But looking at 2011-2015, who is going to win the majors?
I would think Caro will be somewhere in the mix

KBlade
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM

This. Exactly why Wozniacki will never be a great player. She has to go out there and seize those victories with both hands, not wait for her opponents to give them up.

Lapaco
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM
somebody new will emerge. my bet is on spain.

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Of course Serena, Venus and Kim won't be forever. Wozniacki someday will end her career too.

But now, we still have Kim - 2 Slam's titles last year, Serena - 1 Slam's title last year and Venus - without title.

And they won't finish their career tomorrow. I guess Serena will be able to play few years in tour with great titles..., but I don't think she play more than 1-2 years.

So, Caroline will have to wait for her title.

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
They aren't around even now so that is irrelevant anyway.

I don't understand. Why do you go out of your way to defend a player you supposedly aren't a fan of on TF?

MK Ultra
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM

This post made be feel warm inside:oh::angel:

QuietPlease
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
This is just getting ridiculous. Did we really need another spam thread about Wozniacki? Don't you think she has enough threads already without this pointless mess of thread which just seems to be asking for another TF war to break out. Nobody knows what will happen in the next five years. I'm sure heaps of people thought Safina would win a slam a couple of years ago, until she was struck down with injury. Anything could happen to Wozniacki.

As a Caro fan I agree. This thread is pointless.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I don't understand. Why do you go out of your way to defend a player you supposedly aren't a fan of on TF?

I AM a fan of Wozniacki. Just because she's not my favorite player ever doesn't mean that I can't remind people of the reality when they are posting crap about her.

InsideOut.
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah, because she beat Vesnina.

:rolls:

Vodkapova
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Yay. Thanks for the jinx! :cheer: Now I'm relieved.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Did you miss the YEC or are just talking out of your *ss?

Excuse me? You're the one talking out your ass here. Kim won that match. Kim is still a class ahead of the pretender, deal with it.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Excuse me? You're the one talking out your ass here. Kim won that match. Kim is still a class ahead of the pretender, deal with it.

Well, if you've seen the match (which I doubt) then you may have noticed that it was a close 3-setter.

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:28 PM
This hype Caroline needs to stop, there are about 10 threads about her in the main page. Just leave us alone we will give her some credit when she will win a major and that's the main goal of a N1 no matter what she or her delusional fans says.

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM
This hype Caroline needs to stop, there are about 10 threads about her in the main page. Just leave us alone we will give her some credit when she will win a major and that's the main goal of a N1 no matter what she or her delusional fans says.

:haha:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Who exactly forces you to go into the Caro-threads? :scratch:
But wait, I don't even want to know in how many of them you are actively and glady participating in :tape:

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Who exactly forces you to go into the Caro-threads? :scratch:
But wait, I don't even want to know in how many of them you are actively and glady participating in :tape:

Like I said when 1 out of 3 thread is about her, it's difficult to ignore. But trust me I have better things to do to bash this player. She will be relevant to me when she wins a Slam.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
But trust me I have better things to do to bash this player.

The fact that you posted that same message of yours above in several Caro-threads does tell me that you do NOT have better things to do.

But I can understand to some degree that it is annoying when there are too many similar threads in GM...

Frederik
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
But trust me I have better things to do to bash this player.

You know that's not true. :lol:

I agree that this thread (just like many other Caro-threads) is pointless, but if you don't care... just ignore this thread.

Bonfire
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm a big Woz fan and just for the record...I DO NOT think that Caro needs to wait for The Big 3 to retire before she can win slams and/or dominate. I understand that she has never beaten these players (Serena, Venus, Kim) but her game has continued to improve over recent months and I completely believe that if given the chance to play these players at this time...her chances of winning the match will be at least as good as her opponents would be.
Is she gonna blow them off the court with winners...hell no! Is she gonna go after them with the same smart, defensive game that is beating everyone right now...YES! I just wish the Williams sisters and Kim were all playing at the same time so this could be played out...not just debated.
People really get excited to see top new players beat legends and I feel Woz is totally at this point now to at least have a fair shot at getting some of these elusive wins under her belt. But if NONE of them are playing...how can this even happen?
Anyway...kind of random rant but needed to go there after reading multiple posts claiming all Woz fans are just waiting out for the past champions to retire so that Caro can start.
It's not true...at least not for me.

MB.
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Mods should really clean up threads like this--honestly, these are getting ridiculous.

Bonfire
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Mods should really clean up threads like this--honestly, these are getting ridiculous.

I've seen much worse here than an overly optimistic "yay my fave is currently ruling" thread (regardless of it's true intent)
I don't think the mods need to be bothered for this:lol:

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
The fact that you posted that same message of yours above in several Caro-threads does tell me that you do NOT have better things to do.

But I can understand to some degree that it is annoying when there are too many similar threads in GM...

You know that's not true. :lol:

I agree that this thread (just like many other Caro-threads) is pointless, but if you don't care... just ignore this thread.

Whaaaat? You can see in Tea's thread(the posting thing) that the girl I talk the most about is Sharapova.
With Wozniacki, let's just say that her fans need to stop driving us crazy with all those threads about her winning 4 tiers 1(what an achievement) about her leading (4541254654-4 vs the Russians youpiiiii) noone of this matter.
I don't feel the need to bash her but some stats that you guys keep bringing up are irrelevant and I feel the need to say it.

Hian
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, because she beat Vesnina.

:rolls:

:yeah:

tkutsaar
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:12 PM
With Wozniacki, let's just say that her fans need to stop driving us crazy with all those threads about her winning 4 tiers 1(what an achievement) about her leading (4541254654-4 vs the Russians youpiiiii) noone of this matter.
I don't feel the need to bash her but some stats that you guys keep bringing up are irrelevant and I feel the need to say it.

If you Caro haters would stop posting crap about her then maybe we Caro fans would not taunt you guys so much.
BTW I disagree with the title of this thread. Caro will dominate for the next ten years.

marvelcomics
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I believe in that Caro time will come soon..
she is not power player but absolutely she has a game to win a grandslam.
i do not know if she will dominate or not but she will win some grandslams. :angel:

FFS use da slice
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
if by "dominating" you mean staying #1 by playing tons of tourneys, and winning smaller non slams then sure...

as a hingis fan, and now a woz fan, its like deja vu. hingis was small in stature, so for her to blow people off the court is not likely. with woz, its all in her head. she cant turn on that switch that makes her let go and take some risks...

Flabbergaster
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
If you Caro haters would stop posting crap about her then maybe we Caro fans would not taunt you guys so much.
BTW I disagree with the title of this thread. Caro will dominate for the next ten years.

Sir!, I concur :cool:

Ferg
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Fransexa will stop her, even into her mid thirties.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Who ???;)

They sound like a slav handball team with a anglo saxon goalie.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Where is Woziniaki's Grand Slam??:o

Just wait, so far there is the Wozniacki Open, later much later maybe Team Wozniacki will start the Wozniacki Grand Slam, first you have to get the sponsors.

Valanga
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Just wait, so far there is the Wozniacki Open, later much later maybe Team Wozniacki will start the Wozniacki Grand Slam, first you have to get the sponsors.

Wozniacki's four grand slam venue will be in Tivoli, Legoland, Farum Arena, and Odense Zoo :angel:

Serenita
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1z64235.gif

Njalle
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Wozniacki's four grand slam venue will be in Tivoli, Legoland, Farum Arena, and Odense Zoo :angel:

Odense Zoo? WTF? :confused:

Burisleif
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM

I'm pretty sure the plan was, Station Nord on Ice, Thorshavn on sloped grass with 40 km/h cross winds, Farum indoors, and Løkken beach on sand.

Noctis
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:14 AM
right if she can run like she is at 26 :oh:

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the plan was, Station Nord on Ice, Thorshavn on sloped grass with 40 km/h cross winds, Farum indoors, and Løkken beach on sand.

Is it true that the Greenland Turist thingy will start gletcha tennis as an extreme sport!!

You forgot the top deck of the parking at CPH as the 5th. You can't hear the calls/ slick surface gives interesting bounce.

PatrickRyan
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
When the Queen Serena returns, she will take her down!!! :D

coolfish1103
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:43 AM
This thread is pointless.

We can talk when Pushniacki actually wins a slam, whether Clijsters and Williams present or not.

Though, you don't even really need Kim, Serena, or Venus to beat her in a slam.

Winner Runner Up Where is Waldo?
2011 AO Clijsters Li #1, SF lost to Li
2010 US Clijsters Zvonareva #2, SF lost to Zvonareva
2010 WI S.Williams Zvonareva #3, 4R lost to Kvitova
2010 FO Schiavone Stosur #3, QF lost to Schiavone
2010 AO S.Williams Henin #4, 4R lost to Li
2009 US Clijsters Wozniacki #9
2009 WI S.Williams V.Williams #9, 4R lost to Lisicki
2009 FO Kuznetsova Safina #10, 3R lost to Cirstea

The last time you need the big three to beat her is in 2009 US Open, not even the past year. Throughout the entire 6 winning rounds of 2009 US Open, the only notable player she met was Kuznetsova, and she barely made it that time with 2 tie breaks.

Since Li already took care of her in AO, I am sure Schiavone can take care of her in FO, Kvitova for Wimbledon, and Zvonareva for US even if Kim has to join the Williams on the road of injuries for the rest of 2011.

Sadly, all these players took care of her even though she seeded higher than them.

I am certain that she can stay #1 for a long time. Just play 13810381801 games.

Beat
Apr 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
This is just getting ridiculous. Did we really need another spam thread about Wozniacki?

this. both the "haters" and the "tards" are creating a ridiculous amount of ridiculous threads.

oh god, i can't :hysteric:

bandabou
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM
This thread is pointless.

We can talk when Pushniacki actually wins a slam, whether Clijsters and Williams present or not.

Though, you don't even really need Kim, Serena, or Venus to beat her in a slam.

Winner Runner Up Where is Waldo?
2011 AO Clijsters Li #1, SF lost to Li
2010 US Clijsters Zvonareva #2, SF lost to Zvonareva
2010 WI S.Williams Zvonareva #3, 4R lost to Kvitova
2010 FO Schiavone Stosur #3, QF lost to Schiavone
2010 AO S.Williams Henin #4, 4R lost to Li
2009 US Clijsters Wozniacki #9
2009 WI S.Williams V.Williams #9, 4R lost to Lisicki
2009 FO Kuznetsova Safina #10, 3R lost to Cirstea

The last time you need the big three to beat her is in 2009 US Open, not even the past year. Throughout the entire 6 winning rounds of 2009 US Open, the only notable player she met was Kuznetsova, and she barely made it that time with 2 tie breaks.

Since Li already took care of her in AO, I am sure Schiavone can take care of her in FO, Kvitova for Wimbledon, and Zvonareva for US even if Kim has to join the Williams on the road of injuries for the rest of 2011.

Sadly, all these players took care of her even though she seeded higher than them.

Hmmm..interesting. So Caro lost to Li at the last two OZ opens.
See the list and the players she's losing to. When you point this out..people call you a hater. :lol:

Vee, Juju and Kimmy hadn't won majors at age 20 yet..but they were losing to Serena, Davenport, Venus, etc.. all legends.

theFutureisNow
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Maria was far better than Caro with even less young challengers. There was very little between her and years of dominance. Now many people think her career is over as a top player.

The point is, you never know what can happen in tennis. I'm not trying to jinx her, but Caro has a very demanding style of play and a brutal schedule. Unless she is a physical freak then she can expect an above average chance of injury in the future.

poulao
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Maria was far better than Caro with even less young challengers. There was very little between her and years of dominance. Now many people think her career is over as a top player.

The point is, you never know what can happen in tennis. I'm not trying to jinx her, but Caro has a very demanding style of play and a brutal schedule. Unless she is a physical freak then she can expect an above average chance of injury in the future.

You might be absolutely right, but I tend to think that you are wrong, because I think that she is very fit and altso good at not just burning all her energy in the first set, but if she looses the set, she usualy makes it expensive and then she digs in, her match against Yanina wickmayer in Charleston, last week and in the Championship match against Elena Vesnina, it did not look like she was trying to hard, she raised her game a couple of times, that was it.

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Could someone remind me how old was Maria when she won Wimbledon and with whom she won?

poulao
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
serena williams 2004

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:39 PM
So according Caro's fans useless Maria defeated useless Serena in Wimbledon's final.

Am I correct?

So why amazing Caro wasn't able to win any Slam titles yet?

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Nothing is useless. Winning a major is not useless. Winning 5 straight Tier I's is not useless.

Knizzle
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
What is she dominating? Premiers?? *bursts into Serena laughter*

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
No, they're useless. Caro is the best. I understand this now.

poulao
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM
No, they're useless. Caro is the best. I understand this now.

Now, be good no trolling ;)

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
For week someone creates 4-5 threads per day about how Wozniacki is amazing.

Now, I understand this. She is the best, rest is useless. Or maybe someone will create another thread about how Caro is amazing?

zhengjieforever
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
hopefully woz has a good run at RG. i'm starting to like her more.

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
For week someone creates 4-5 threads per day about how Wozniacki is amazing.

Now, I understand this. She is the best, rest is useless. Or maybe someone will create another thread about how Caro is amazing?There are plenty of trolls who go into Caro threads and say she has no game, and anything not a major doesnt count.
But a year ago they were saying Caro would never win a Tier I or beat a former #1, and Golovin was better, and Caro was going to leave the top 10.

So the negativity changed, now its all about majors. Might as well not play a match outside majors. And even after she wins majors, there will still be plenty of trolls.

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
There are plenty of trolls who go into Caro threads and say she has no game, and anything not a major doesnt count.
But a year ago they were saying Caro would never win a Tier I or beat a former #1, and Golovin was better, and Caro was going to leave the top 10.

So the negativity changed, now its all about majors. Might as well not play a match outside majors. And even after she wins majors, there will still be plenty of trolls.

No, how, why?

What do you mean when you say Caro thread? You think about her own forum here, or threads on main page of GM?

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I mean any thread in GM that has Caro, like a result thread, or who will win thread.
Loaded with trolls, plenty of them wont even write Caro's name, just insults.

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Maybe you didn't notice one important thing:

In any threads on GM about anyone (Ana, JJ, Dinara, Serena,... whatever) are post wrote by trolls, haters and people who love them. It's nothing new here, or in any other forum about tennis...

But today I saw thread about Gagarin and Caroline, Caroline and Hingis, Caroline and titles, Caroline and her future, Caroline and....

It's really annoying and it won't help her.

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
The multiple nonsense threads are new. Some by fans, some by haters.
But the trolls prevent any real tennis discussion.
It comes down to, for haters, she has no game and they cant watch her. For a #1 ranked player who wins over half the tournaments she's played going back to last August, its idiotic.

Jens K A
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Critics keep claiming she is only #1 because she plays a lot. She plays more than Kim, Serena and Venus but who doesn't?
Let's look at the current top-5:

1 Wozniacki 9930 23
2 Clijsters 8115 14
3 Zvonareva 7815 20
4 Schiavone 5171 22
5 Azarenka 4630 22

If you only count the 14 largest tournaments (Premier 5 and up) for Wozniacki then she would have 8640 points. That's plenty to still be #1 one against players allowed to count 16 selected tournaments. And in the next 2 of the 14, she is only defending 125 and 80 points from playing with an ankle injury last year.

Slams give at least twice as many points as all others except YEC. I don't think they should give more than twice a Premier Mandatory with everybody who isn't injured or making up an excuse.

kman
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I think he was referring to Caroline surpassing Graf in GS title count. He didn't say she wouldn't be able to win ANY slams with Williams/Clijsters still around. But he's correct in thinking that their imminent retirement could boost Caroline's stats.

With that said, Caroline surpassing Graf's GS slam count is pretty much out of the realm of possibility. It's just not happening.

coolfish1103
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Critics keep claiming she is only #1 because she plays a lot. She plays more than Kim, Serena and Venus but who doesn't?
Let's look at the current top-5:

1 Wozniacki 9930 23
2 Clijsters 8115 14
3 Zvonareva 7815 20
4 Schiavone 5171 22
5 Azarenka 4630 22

If you only count the 14 largest tournaments (Premier 5 and up) for Wozniacki then she would have 8640 points. That's plenty to still be #1 one against players allowed to count 16 selected tournaments. And in the next 2 of the 14, she is only defending 125 and 80 points from playing with an ankle injury last year.

Slams give at least twice as many points as all others except YEC. I don't think they should give more than twice a Premier Mandatory with everybody who isn't injured or making up an excuse.

Another reason why the others isn't on the list of the big 3. I usually don't go to threads to bash anyone, but there's really no domination when you

1) can't beat the big three and
2) can't win a slam title

She doesn't dominate anything when she can't even win one of the four prestigious slams. She will receive more credits once she actually obtains a singles slam title. However, I do hope that if she wins, the title is earned and not a combination of retirements, walkovers, and non-seeded players. If her wins are a combination of those, then I am sure there will be more threads hating her.

Batiguza
Apr 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM
YEAH! She will dominate the push style, for sure! Not only for the next 5 years, but for the rest of her career. :oh:

Matt01
Apr 13th, 2011, 12:41 AM
So according Caro's fans useless Maria defeated useless Serena in Wimbledon's final.

Am I correct?

So why amazing Caro wasn't able to win any Slam titles yet?

First learn some English and then get back to us Caro fans again ;)

Sp!ffy
Apr 13th, 2011, 12:46 AM

LOL. Caro could hardly speak English herself, you hypocrite. :lol:

Lachy
Apr 13th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I only had to look back over Matt01's last 5 posts to see grammatical errors. :tape: Talk about hypocrite :rolls:

Matt01
Apr 13th, 2011, 01:15 AM
And I see some people need to learn the meaning of smilies like ";)"...

sunyafei
Apr 13th, 2011, 02:02 AM
The fact is:
Karolina's fans will dominate WTF, till she flops in the coming year.

goldenlox
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
If she flops or gets injured the haters will have their fun.
But right now, she is firmly #1 and the betting favorite in almost every match she plays

Miracle Worker
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM

:p

gociku
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
She will never lose another match again.

Slamniacki
Apr 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM
she will dominate as long as she can run down every ball.

when she wont be able to do that anymore she will be finished.

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, her health is important. And as long as she is as mentally focused as she is now, she will do well. Point after point, she is competing. Most players concentration comes & goes

Smitten
Apr 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Golovin was better

Who said something like that? :haha:

Even if Golovin were in her fall '07 form for the last 2 years, she would never be able to put together the string of victories and results Karolina did.

poulao
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
she will dominate as long as she can run down every ball.

when she wont be able to do that anymore she will be finished.

One thing's for sure, you lose matches if you don't run down balls. :lol:

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
One thing's for sure, you lose matches if you don't run down balls. :lol:

You know what he meant, Caro HAS TO run down every single ball that's her only strength and she counts on that to win her matches.

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
You know what he meant, Caro HAS TO run down every single ball that's her only strength and she counts on that to win her matches.

Believe it or not, but Woz has other strengths as well.

And your sig: :spit:

denny5576
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
only 5 years?

madmax
Apr 14th, 2011, 04:02 PM

such as?

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:39 PM

I didn't made it all up, that's what each and everyone of you said.
And don't avoid madmax's question even though I can understand if you have nothing to answer.:lol:

goldenlox
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Her backhand is excellent. Down the line or crosscourt. Her movement is excellent. Stamina, mental focus.

Matt01
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:43 PM
And don't avoid madmax's question even though I can understand if you have nothing to answer.:lol:

There's no need for me spell out the obvious even though that troll can't see it...LOL.

CloudAtlas
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM
People on here themselves have said that it's Wozniacki's anticipation that is her strength since she's not that quick around the court. So the 'running' comment is slightly contradictory towards that. Yes she can run , but so can most players , and yes, take away a big strength of every player and they won't be able to play as well. It's not rocket science.

MiiMo
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I actually think she's going to break down in few weeks :)

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Her backhand is excellent. Down the line or crosscourt. Her movement is excellent. Stamina, mental focus.

Backhand is not excellent, anyway the main asset she uses to win her matches is her movement, her anticipation and in every single match.
To save break points or conclude importants points she don't use her BH after the serve, heck she is serving bunch of first seconds serves then she uses her legs, it's working no doubt but she doesn't count on her BH, not at all. She counts on her defense and her anticipation.

Fuzzylogic
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
There's a difference between when you're surrounded by other good players but you're slightly a level above so you dominate them and when you're a good player surrounded by mental flakes and mediocrity but you're a bit better than them so you dominate.

Like the saying goes, "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king", and that saying would probably apply if Wozniacki does go on to dominate for xxx number of years.

CloudAtlas
Apr 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Backhand is not excellent, anyway the main asset she uses to win her matches is her movement, her anticipation and in every single match.
To save break points or conclude importants points she don't use her BH after the serve, heck she is serving bunch of first seconds serves then she uses her legs, it's working no doubt but she doesn't count on her BH, not at all. She counts on her defense and her anticipation.

But what's wrong with that? Good defence isn't an invalid form of a playing style, far from it. Evidenced by the fact that the world's top 3 players at the moment are known more for their defensive capabilities than offensive

(And yes I know Clijsters and Zvonareva can and mostly do play offensive , but it is undeniable that their defence is quite often the larger part of their game. And they only seem offensive next to Wozniacki , against other top players both past and present they're almost always on the defensive , particularly Vera)

doomsday
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
But what's wrong with that? Good defence isn't an invalid form of a playing style, far from it. Evidenced by the fact that the world's top 3 players at the moment are known more for their defensive capabilities than offensive

(And yes I know Clijsters and Zvonareva can and mostly do play offensive , but it is undeniable that their defence is quite often the larger part of their game. And they only seem offensive next to Wozniacki , against other top players both past and present they're almost always on the defensive , particularly Vera)

I definitely agree with the second part. And it's the reason why these 3 are often in the latter stage of every tournament, defensive tennis prevails on offensive tennis these days but still to win a major I do have the feeling they need to add some offensive shots in their game, Zvo lost her two finals very badly and Woz, well she hasn't reached any final.
Clijsters can mix it up even though I agree she remains defensive against many players but not against Woz and Zvo.

Batiguza
Apr 14th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Oh, so they finally allowed the on-court coaching at the Grand Slams?! :rolleyes:

dane
May 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Caro will dominate at least on hard court. Can't wait for the hard court season to see her win titles after titles again :drool:

Frederik
May 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Woz, well she hasn't reached any [GS] final.

I agree with the rest of your post but this part is not correct. ;)

Claycourter
May 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Wozniacki will burn out in 2-3 years max, like all grinders/counterpunchers. Her best chance to win a GS is now, she's not going to get any better. She is at her peak currently, further on it's only going to get worse as her body gets older, slower and more prone to injury, especially with her brainless scheduling. She's Jankovic version 2.0 basically.

goldenlox
May 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
She is totally different from Jankovic, who just goes thru the motions nowadays.
Caroline really wants to win, wants to improve.
This is her best clay season so far, and she wants to keep getting better on clay.

Time will tell. The way people overreact when she loses a match, its obvious most people are expecting Caroline to win.

Claycourter
May 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I am not comparing her to Jankovic NOW. I am comparing her to Jankovic at her peak. A girl with massive fitness, endurance, but limited weapons who burnt out at 25 and started declining as she lost half a step. Hingis went the same way as well, but she was infinitely more talented and grabbed a few slams.

Wozniacki will not improve, trust me. She's the same player she was when she started. The only difference is that she is aggressive against lower ranked players. Against aggressive players, she instantly falls back on retrieving. Imagine what happens when she starts getting slower, more injury prone and less resilient. Ignore the fact that she's 20. Tennis isn't about age, it's about the mileage you've done over the years and Caro in a year probably does more running than average power hitter like Sharapova in 3.

goldenlox
May 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
...Tennis isn't about age, it's about the mileage you've done over the years and Caro in a year probably does more running than average power hitter like Sharapova in 3.Sharapova has not beaten a seed in the last 7 majors. But she beats Wozniacki, and now people say she will win the French Open.
Wozniacki is doing fine. Not incredible, not winning 100% of her matches, but only Kim is doing as well over the past year, or this year.

Claycourter
May 16th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Sharapova has not beaten a seed in the last 7 majors. But she beats Wozniacki, and now people say she will win the French Open.
Wozniacki is doing fine. Not incredible, not winning 100% of her matches, but only Kim is doing as well over the past year, or this year.

For the record I don't think Sharapova will win RG. A small chance, yes, mostly due to mug clay era, but people considering her favorite are either mashatards or bandwagoners. Grass/hard is where it's at for her, if the serve stays.

hardball
May 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
some bold statements here. my gut tells me that she'll remain on top for as long as she has the speed and agility, because that's the foundation of her tennis. could this be 5 years? yes, why not. but unless she improves, I do not see her dominate women's tennis.

Maza1987
May 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Caro will dominate at least on hard court. Can't wait for the hard court season to see her win titles after titles again :drool:

'Twas very brave of you to bump this thread.:cool:

Matt01
May 16th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Wozniacki will not improve, trust me.

Why should anyone trust you when it comes to Caro? Your posts about her have not exactly been pearls of wisdom.

Stonerpova
May 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Oh dear God not this thread again.

18majors
May 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Wozniacki will be out of top 10 by yearend 2012.

J4m3ka
May 16th, 2011, 03:01 PM
:haha: The Wozz will be pushing her luck if she is "dominating" at the end of this year :haha:

LCS
May 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
:hysteric: epic thread.

fantic
May 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM
somebody new will emerge. my bet is on spain.

Are there promising young players? If so, what's their style like?

Ghostship
May 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
But now, we still have Kim - 2 Slam's titles last year, Serena - 1 Slam's title last year and Venus - without title.

It was Serena who won 2 slams last year; Wimby and AO.
Kim won U.S. Open and Franny won RG.

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
yes she will :wavey:

Akaniero
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I don't think she'll win as many slams as Graf, but I can definitely see her dominating for a long time. When she wins her first slam at the US Open this year, her confidence will be sky high and she'll have the confidence to go on and win more and more slams.

Ferg
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
You guys are on a trolling roll today :bowdown:

JN
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
You guys are on a trolling roll today :bowdown:

And they'll still be trolling for the next 5 years. Delusional as hell.

Doully
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Winning more slams than Graf... :lol:. 2012 Golden Slam as well then yeah? :rolleyes:.
At best she has a Davenport-like career which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Break My Rapture
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:14 PM
:haha:

gociku
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
I just can't :facepalm:

ptitnavet
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM

:lol:

:oh:

Valanga
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
:oh:

She has Copenhagen already. Now she needs Bastaad/New Haven

madmax
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOIzc-tFm9iskYWEHrciaw1PcxfH0oqse-zhlLR65-RxxrNTtHjw

homogenius
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM

InsideOut.
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Bad time to bump this thread :hysteric:

BartoLiNa
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Poor dane. He just can't stop being wrong :hug:

timafi
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
let her dominate small tournaments all she wants all long as she doesn't win a slam anytime soon

madmax
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM
she is already dominating Pushniacki Invitational and New Haven hatas:cheer:
Now only Marbella and Bastad are left to complete the career grand slam for our mighty World Nr.1:banana:

C. Drone
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I don't think she'll win as many slams as Graf, but I can definitely see her dominating for a long time. When she wins her first slam at the US Open this year, her confidence will be sky high and she'll have the confidence to go on and win more and more slams.

someone is so humble today. :cool:

MK Ultra
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
:lol: at delusional stupid jinx's = facts

Noctis
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Shes dominating these MMS.So no new generation can get points.

killerqueen
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Zvonareva and Azarenka can...

The rest... :scratch:

:oh::lol:

nufflemutts
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM
The worst part is it's a Woz fan that bumped this thread and the timing was bad. :hysteric:

bbjpa
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM

Failed :nerner:

kaetchen
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
:facepalm:
and the OP was the one to bump the thread :facepalm: