PDA

View Full Version : Kim 2003 = Caro 2011

thegreendestiny
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
It seems they have similar destinies.

Kim in 2003 won 9 titles in 15 finals appearance, became No.1 yet slamless. Caroline seems to be doing a Clijsteresque journey. Back then Kim also had a very similar type of defense game (but better of course).

What's funny is that Kim is the one keeping Caro in that record. Beating her in important finals and being absent in the most part of the season. :tape:

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:23 AM
But back then it was Serena and Juju stopping Kim...nowadays? Li, Vera, Kvitova are enough to stop Caro.

VeeJJ
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Ok. Agreed. Your making a statement that is pretty true. Not really anything to discuss though.

Another good comparison could be Jelena's 2008. Consistently in SF/F. Won some titles had some big finals that she couldn't win. Had a hot streak of consecutive titles. And just to be a bitch, she played and beat the WS that year :) Losing to Serena in her 2 major finals and beating her at AO. And beating Venus at Stuttgart and losing to her at YEC.

Uranus
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Kim used to defeat great players back then, of a way higher league than today's field.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Kim said that Caro reminds her of a young Kim.
Major difference moving forward is that Caro looks best of her generation.
We'll see if that holds over the next 5-10 years

Slutiana
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Kim used to defeat great players back then, of a way higher league than today's field.

Apoleb
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I think I will put GoldenSocks on ignore. Seriously it's like a computerized troll.

Lapaco
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I think I will put GoldenSocks on ignore. Seriously it's like a computerized troll.

lmao

tsmile789
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Agree

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM

Today's field is much deeper than it was in 2003, though.

Lapaco
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM

ahahahaha

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Today's field is much deeper than it was in 2003, though.The younger players have done better and better at the Premiers.
Caro, Vika, Petra have decent titles this year.
The next step is for young players to win majors. Then they become the ruling class, with new young players coming up.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
But back then it was Serena and Juju stopping Kim...nowadays? Li, Vera, Kvitova are enough to stop Caro.

:worship::worship::worship:

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM

Please don't...

From 2002 to 2003, notable people Clijsters defeated include Conchita Martinez (altho at latter stage of her career), Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Justine Henin, Jennifer Capriati, Daniela Hantuchova, Jelena Dokic, Ai Sugiyama, Amelie Mauresmo, and Elena Dementieva. Also took Martina Hingis and Monica Seles to 3 sets in 2002 (even though it was at the very latter stages of their career but they still held their own).

From 2010 to 2011, notable people Wozniacki defeated include Vera Zvonareva, Francesca Schiavone, Elena Dementieva, Marion Bartoli, Victoria Azarenka, Shahar Peer :spit:, slumping Sharapova, slumping Jankovic, slumping Kuznetsova, and slumping Ivanovic. Also took Justine Henin and Li Na to 3 sets in 2010/2011.

fyi not a post bashing Wozniacki but get your perspectives right.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
fyi not a post bashing Wozniacki but get your perspectives right.

I meant the field overall and not only at the top. And how fair is it to compare players of 2003 who collected lots of Slams afterwards with young players of 2011 who still have lots of time to win more big tournaments?

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I meant the field overall and not only at the top. And how fair is it to compare players of 2003 who collected lots of Slams afterwards with young players of 2011 who still have lots of time to win more big tournaments?

If you're talking about Amelie, she's there because she's a solid performer throughout her career.

If I wanted to add the people Clijsters defeated who added slam titles to their name after 2003, Kuznetsova, one-slam-wonder Myskina, Sharapova, Schiavone would be there. And that wouldn't be a fair comparison so I neglected the then-up-and-coming players from the list.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM

:lol: Come on, Matt. What's going on with you? Back in ' 03 the rest of the field didn't matter..it was Serena, Juju, Kim and Vee. As it should be.
And Kim was only losing to the other 3..

Nowadays..Caro can lose to Petkovic, Li..heck even Kvitova. You really think those players are comparable to the field in ' 03?!

poulao
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
It seems they have similar destinies.

Kim in 2003 won 9 titles in 15 finals appearance, became No.1 yet slamless. Caroline seems to be doing a Clijsteresque journey. Back then Kim also had a very similar type of defense game (but better of course).

What's funny is that Kim is the one keeping Caro in that record. Beating her in important finals and being absent in the most part of the season. :tape:

Maybe Caro is ready to beat Kim this year. :devil:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
:lol: Come on, Matt. What's going on with you? Back in ' 03 the rest of the field didn't matter..it was Serena, Juju, Kim and Vee. As it should be.
And Kim was only losing to the other 3..

Nowadays..Caro can lose to Petkovic, Li..heck even Kvitova. You really think those players are comparable to the field in ' 03?!

Yes, I do.
And Serena in 2002 lost to the likes of Schnyder and Rubin who never made any Slam finals in their whole career. I don't remember Kim's record in 2003 but I'm sure it is even worse.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yes, I do.
And Serena in 2002 lost to the likes of Schnyder and Rubin who never made any Slam finals in their whole career. I don't remember Kim's record in 2003 but I'm sure it is even worse.

Rubin in ' 02 would destroy Kvitova and Li. Certainly on HC's. That Li got lucky and fluked her way to major F...beating Caro, oh the irony of irony, in the SF..doesn't say much.

Schnyder of ' 02 on green clay? I wanna see Caroline beat that Schnyder. You're gasping for straws now, Matt.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Kim said that Caro reminds her of a young Kim.
Major difference moving forward is that Caro looks best of her generation.
We'll see if that holds over the next 5-10 years

I'm sure that you're the best of your Generation as well :shrug:.

Cause you're like 10 right:scratch: ?

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
This hype Caroline needs to stop, there are about 10 threads about her in the main page. Just leave us alone we will give her some credit when she will win a major and that's the main goal of a N1 no matter what she or her delusional fans says.

Uranus
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Because of the 'top' players sucking?

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Because of the 'top' players sucking?

No, because of the 'non-top' players being stronger now. :wavey:

And for the record, there is one very knowledgable poster here in this forum (who shall not be named because of privacy) who good repped me for my post above and who backs me up on that. :wavey:

alfonsojose
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
No, because of the 'non-top' players being stronger now. :wavey:

And for the record, there is one very knowledgable poster here in this forum (who shall not be named because of privacy) who good repped me for my post above and who backs me up on that. :wavey:
You promised naked pics in exchange :shrug:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
You promised naked pics in exchange :shrug:

I'm not a slut. :rolleyes: Unlike you :p