PDA

View Full Version : How can players with great footwork...be such lousy dancers?

MechWarrior2k
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Serena has injured her foot multiple times from dancing. And now Clijsters. Maybe there should be a mandatory checklist for WTA players.

* Fistpumping 101 by Ivanovic
* Easy dancing by Petkovic
* Voice amplification by Azarenka and Sharapova
* Freestyle screeching by De Brito
* Basic ball placement by Wozniacki
* Casual ankle-safe dancing by Venus (basically shake it a bit and try to fit in somehow)

:facepalm:

Miss Amor
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Serena has great footwork?

MechWarrior2k
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Serena has great footwork?

I'm no fan of Serena, but I will give her props for her underrated quickness, her low center of gravity on her serves, and her excellent balance off both wings.

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Wheerever did you read
Footwork=Dancer?
great footwork=great dancer?

wildemu
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Does this mean Kleybanova wins dancing with the stars?

edificio
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Serena has injured her foot multiple times from dancing. And now Clijsters. Maybe there should be a mandatory checklist for WTA players.

* Casual ankle-safe dancing by Venus (basically shake it a bit and try to fit in somehow)

That should be:

*Rhythmless Dancing by Petkovic

MechWarrior2k
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Wheerever did you read
Footwork=Dancer?
great footwork=great dancer?

It kind of goes hand in hand, though it's not an absolute given. Good foot coordination certainly helps when doing things like dancing. If someone is clumsy in posture (i.e. Safina, Amanmuradova, Kleybanova, Davenport) it's going to be more difficult, though not impossible, to do something like dance. I'm fit, but I don't have great foot coordination so I am kind of a goofball at dancing.

It baffles me how Woz's two biggest threats have been taken out without Woz having to do a thing. All because these two ladies couldn't keep themselves from tripping on the dance floor. Maybe a Woz fan spiked the punch for all I know...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Clijsters, Serena, and Venus all retire before the 2012 Olympics.

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
It kind of goes hand in hand, though it's not an absolute given. Good foot coordination certainly helps when doing things like dancing. If someone is clumsy in posture (i.e. Safina, Amanmuradova, Kleybanova, Davenport) it's going to be more difficult, though not impossible, to do something like dance. I'm fit, but I don't have great foot coordination so I am kind of a goofball at dancing.

It baffles me how Woz's two biggest threats have been taken out without Woz having to do a thing. All because these two ladies couldn't keep themselves from tripping on the dance floor. Maybe a Woz fan spiked the punch for all I know...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Clijsters, Serena, and Venus all retire before the 2012 Olympics.

Without Woz having to do a thing?
Clijster will retire.
Serena, dunno.
Venus absolutely won't.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Not to mention that Hingis and Seles were the first to be eliminated from their respective seasons of Dancing With The Stars:p

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Most--though not all--good dancers tend to smaller. I mean check the average height of most dance companies and it's going to be pretty short on 6' tall girls.

I realize we're not talking about performing with the Bolshoi here, but you can be coordinated in some ways and not in others. I mean most of us tend to be attracted to things were good at, and these women picked tennis over soccer or basketball or being professional dancers for a reason.

Henpova
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I'm no fan of Serena, but I will give her props for her underrated quickness, her low center of gravity on her serves, and her excellent balance off both wings.

Ok the ones in bold are not foot work in terms of tennis....they are great things to have but not foot work.....the last one I don't think really apples Serena.

JJ all the way
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:19 AM

serena is naturally quick and but she does not have good footwork......

and for the record - serena is a great dancer! :oh::oh:
http://ma-tvideo.france2.fr/video/iLyROoaftQnm.html

SwingVolley93
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Alcohol :)

Empressive
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Monica Seles was one of the first eliminated on DWTS in the US. She was so awkward to watch.

andrewboykins
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Like all black athletes... Serena and Venus got that swag... It's just a given if your black you have rythem! I bet as kids that would move the furniture out of their living room turn on MTV if they even had it back then and get down! I mean all black athletes having an amazing victory celebration from... Lebron, to Wade and why not Serena and Venus too!

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Btw, you forgot about "Attitude" by Schnyder

MechWarrior2k
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:29 AM
^^ Also:
Fitting In by Bartoli
Networking by Rodionova
Proper Handshaking by Wickmayer
On-court Fashion Sense by Venus, Serena, and Sharapova

new-york
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM
They're trying to be fierce and caution simultaneously. :facepalm:

The Witch-king
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:26 AM
That should be:

*Rhythmless Dancing by Petkovic

Thank you.

Like all black athletes... Serena and Venus got that swag... It's just a given if your black you have rythem! I bet as kids that would move the furniture out of their living room turn on MTV if they even had it back then and get down! I mean all black athletes having an amazing victory celebration from... Lebron, to Wade and why not Serena and Venus too!
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1060790/serena-williams-bounce-o.gif

andrewboykins
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Not sure if that's sarcasim or not but if you think about it, it makes sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCkuO4lYPmo

see now tell me you don't feel that? :P

Miss Amor
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM
F0RKG_bauKY

This cracks me up everytime :sobbing:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
There's dancing and then there's dancing with high heels

andrewboykins
Apr 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: classic! I tried to find some more (http://www.fashion4home.com/) "Tennis Dancing" haha I found quite alot I have one more that I just wanna share... I thought it was quite funny so couldn't resist (apologize to those that don't find it as funny I may have mentioned before I have strange sense of humour) :angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRV4GhpD4m8

itzhak
Apr 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
BTW, officially is not known if Kim was injured while dancing, only that it is happened in the wedding...

andrewboykins
Apr 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM
BTW, officially is not known if Kim was injured while dancing, only that it is happened in the wedding...

wedding or "after wedding"? ;)

saul1333
Apr 17th, 2011, 10:19 PM
:hearts:

http://dziendobrytvn.plejada.pl/25,46838,wideo,,255042,siostry_radwanskie_tancza_d ancehall,aktualnosci_detal.html
http://dziendobrytvn.plejada.pl/25,46838,wideo,,255032,siostry_radwanskie_tancza_d ancehall,aktualnosci_detal.html