PDA

View Full Version : Boldest Prediction: AZARENKA=RG, VEE=Wimbledon, WOZ=USO

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:54 PM
you heard it!
:worship::worship::worship:

This is one of the most not open Grand Slam since 2002.

Miracle Worker
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
And another thread about amazing Wozniacki :hearts:

I feel sick right now.

edificio
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Hmmm.

Boldest?

Franci defends RG

Maybe.

Macomere
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:12 PM
hmmmmmm....im not sure i agree with ur first choice..plus, u gotta factor Serena in by the time USO rolls around...but i'll admit, ur choices are certainly possible :shrug:

Milito22
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
woz=RG :tape:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
hmmmmmm....im not sure i agree with ur first choice..plus, u gotta factor Serena in by the time USO rolls around...but i'll admit, ur choices are certainly possible :shrug:

Serena is always a factor. Just her presence. But she has to show up first really.

Craig.
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:35 PM
How is this bold?

DownInAHole
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:36 PM
After Azarenka won Miami I thought it was silly of people to say she was winning the US Open and the same is true of Wozniacki and the French Open. Maybe it will happen but it is far too early to say and neither player has been past the quarters of the events they are being touted to win. Caroline has always played well at Ponte Vedra Beach and Charleston but that hasn't quite translated into great success on red clay. Viktoria still needs to play consistently at the slams. They could win but it is far from a certainty.

As far as Venus goes if she can get healthy and hit a hot streak she could win another slam but the reality is that it is seeming less and less likely. Let's just hope that she can get healthy and at least have a chance. I actually think that she might have a better chance of winning the US Open as opposed to Wimbledon.

Potato
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM
No one is a favorite for RG. Wozniacki didn't even play well this week. Only one clay tournament so far that isn't even the real clay

colt13
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM
You will be 0 for 3. Azarenka is the WTA version of Nalbandian and Tsonga. Every time I start to believe again, they get injured. Kim is the USO favorite right now.

The French is the biggest mess, and I mean that in a good way. There are literally 20 people that could win this. Venus won't have a long run, but has a small chance to be unseeded and can take out anybody not in the top 8 in the first round and open up the draw. Same with Safina, who can't hold up for 2 weeks, but could for 2 matches. Wozniacki possibly could get to the semi's, but no farther.

Kvitova is my favorite for Wimbledon. I actually think Sharapova will do better at the French. I actually think Venus has a longer run here if she skips the french.

Vikapower
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:58 PM
AO RG Wim USO Miami (5th slam) YEC
2011 Kimmie Ana Vika Vika Vika Maria
2012 Vika Maria Petra Maria Maria Maria

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:08 AM

:spit: hide ur pipe Vlada

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:10 AM

Maria's winning Roland Garros? :spit:

Now I'm sure that in 2012 will be the end of the world.

Jajaloo
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Caro will be out-pushed at RG. Vee will meet Pironkova again at Wimbledon. And Vika will drop dead in the 1R of the USO.

duhcity
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I think Vika's a better claycourt player than Caroline

Direwolf
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:00 AM
2011 Kimmie Caro Vee Vika Vika Vee

Helped you there.

Break My Rapture
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Obviously.

Temperenka
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Actually, Vika is never going to lose another match. So this thread is invalid!!

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:47 AM

Really? If you compare their results on clay neither one is fantastic but Caroline comes out looking slightly better. I don't know if she had an injury last year but Azarenka's clay results were fairly disappointing, particularly at the bigger tournaments.

Sp!ffy
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Maria's winning Roland Garros? :spit:

Now I'm sure that in 2012 will be the end of the world.

Maria has more of a shot than JJ does. :weirdo:

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:53 AM
This would be in keeping with the invincibility of my Legion Of Blondes.

starin
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM
You will be 0 for 3. Azarenka is the WTA version of Nalbandian and Tsonga. Every time I start to believe again, they get injured. Kim is the USO favorite right now.

The French is the biggest mess, and I mean that in a good way. There are literally 20 people that could win this. Venus won't have a long run, but has a small chance to be unseeded and can take out anybody not in the top 8 in the first round and open up the draw. Same with Safina, who can't hold up for 2 weeks, but could for 2 matches. Wozniacki possibly could get to the semi's, but no farther.

Kvitova is my favorite for Wimbledon. I actually think Sharapova will do better at the French. I actually think Venus has a longer run here if she skips the french.

:tape: Kvitova is so overrated. She's not that powerful, not that fast, an okay serve only made good cuz it's a lefty. Plus her massive suckage after Paris Indoors (a minor win) shows me she'll forever be a streaky player. And her SF wimbly was kind of pathetic cuz she was going all out and Serena looked and played like she was barely a threat.

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:57 AM
:tape: Kvitova is so overrated. She's not that powerful, not that fast, an okay serve only made good cuz it's a lefty. Plus her massive suckage after Paris Indoors (a minor win) shows me she'll forever be a streaky player. And her SF wimbly was kind of pathetic cuz she was going all out and Serena looked and played like she was barely a threat.

I don't know what to think of Petra. She looked so good for most of January but since then she has struggled. At her best she is very good but she needs to string seven good-great matches together in order to win a slam. If she catches fire at the right time I can see her winning Wimbledon.

duhcity
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Really? If you compare their results on clay neither one is fantastic but Caroline comes out looking slightly better. I don't know if she had an injury last year but Azarenka's clay results were fairly disappointing, particularly at the bigger tournaments.

Caroline has the better results, but by the actual tennis played, Caroline has never impressed me on clay.
Then again, I always think back to the 2009 RG QF where Vika was stellar for one set. She is of course prone to inconsistency

BlueTrees
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:14 AM

:spit: :rolls: :haha:

Henpova
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Wrong so wrong....

Kəv.
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Bold Prediction: Pironkova = Wimbledon ;)

Juanes
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
yup.... wrong one :lol:

SoClose
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sharapova will win RG,Venus Wimledon and Serena US Open :p ...

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Vika was injured and I'm very sure she only entered them to reach the commitment requirements of an end-year top 10 player.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yes to the second, No to the third, Fuck no to the first :angel:

Direwolf
May 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
It's gonna come true!

Dominika23
May 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM
It's gonna come true!

Damn You good if this do come true your gotta be Psychic

n1_and_uh_noone
May 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Since you already made a switch-around, just wait till all 3 are over and you can type out the exact headline that would make you look like a genius :rolleyes:

Direwolf
May 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Since you already made a switch-around, just wait till all 3 are over and you can type out the exact headline that would make you look like a genius :rolleyes:

You just gotta connect the dots there Sonny!
;););)