PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki is Winning Tier I the fastest in History.

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Not even in Hingis-Graf years.
:worship::worship::worship:

Ivanovic2008
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
:worship:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Incase you are counting it, Charleston wasn't a tier I.

Pump-it-UP
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Charleston's a Tier II equivalent now. Don't add fuel to the fire. :lol:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
5 of the last 6 I mean :D
She will winn Madrid and Rome.
Next lose will be in Brussels though.

Sp!ffy
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Caro fans and useless stats :worship:

Wiggly
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Caroline will dominate in 2011.

Everyone is injuried and or slumping and there's no threat in sight.

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Caro fans and useless stats :worship:

You mean the stats that would be written in History Books?

Lucemferre
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hingis had 14 when she was 20:lol:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Did she win 5 in a row?

Sammo
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Did she win 5 in a row?

Who cares? :lol:

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Hingis had 14 when she was 20:lol:

Who cares? :lol:

It helps to read the Thread Title.

eDonkey
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Did she win 5 in a row?

:hah: Oh, Hingis, you inept and useless bitch, you had only 3 GS in a row, bow now to Wozniacki!:worship:

Havok
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I wonder why.

Miracle Worker
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Another stats about how Caroline is great :hearts:

This is the reason why a lot of people want to rest from her...

Sammo
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
:hah: Oh, Hingis, you inept and useless bitch, you had only 3 GS in a row, bow now to Wozniacki!:worship:

:spit:

Kairi
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
factor in her opponents....

Miracle Worker
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Even Serena's crying right now in the corner cause she doesn't have such marvelous stats.

Direwolf
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Even Serena's crying right now in the corner cause she doesn't have such marvelous stats.

Sorry, but an accomplishment is an accomplishment. You should be happy that Wozniacki is doing something that no one is doing.

Potato
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
:worship: Tier I GOAT

hdfb
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
stans gotta stan.....

Patrick345
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Delete this thread or Monica Seles will have an eating disorder relapse over that amazing accomplishment by Caro.

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Caro has won over half the tournaments she played since Wimbledon.
Her record has to be something like 70-8 over her last 15 tournaments

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:55 AM
:lol: None of it matters...when 3 of her losses have come at U.S. Open, YEC and Oz open...and only at YEC she even reached the final.

Nice achievement..but in this era when your biggest concurrent is Vika Azarenka, tsjaa..:lol:

MyskinaManiac
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:34 AM
So?

Hingis made 5 consecutive grandslam finals, winning 4... at aged 16. Caro is nothing special, she has no legacy to give to tennis. None what so ever. Hingis gave tennis skill, Williams sisters gave power, Henin athleticism, Sharapova detirmination... even Jankovic gave showmanship

Talula
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Caroline will dominate in 2011.

Everyone is injuried and or slumping and there's no threat in sight.

This I think. I also doubt Serena can come back even though I'm desperate for her to do so and this leaves a huge gap.

I just want Caroline to now win that slam and we truly are in the new era.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
caro, please win madrid.last year, you did a horrible tournament there...

Talula
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:51 AM
So?

Hingis made 5 consecutive grandslam finals, winning 4... at aged 16. Caro is nothing special, she has no legacy to give to tennis. None what so ever. Hingis gave tennis skill, Williams sisters gave power, Henin athleticism, Sharapova detirmination... even Jankovic gave showmanship

I agree but unfortunately it is what it is. None of the current crop come close but how does it change? It is down to the players to step up to the plate but no one seems that bothered to do so. I don't know if it's the large money you can win hovering in the top 10 without going that bit further, the part-time players, the missing and wounded, or a mix of all of it. But currently no one has the drive and dedication of the 2 Martinas at their peak, Graf, Evert, King, Henin, Seles, Vicario, Martinez etc. We now have also rans, wasted talent and multi millionaires who seem content with the status quo.

The choice is to feel bad about it or enjoy what there is in the hope it may improve.

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM
So?

Mikey.
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM

:sobbing:

irma
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:41 AM
If regular tournaments are suddenly bigger then slams then Nav was undefeated in 1983, and Steffi didn't lose in any regular tournament between boca raton 1986 and boca raton 1988 (except for the masters 1986 but wozniacki didn't win their either so that obvious tournament doesn't count)

so no it's not that unique to win a lot of regular tournaments (and wozniacki isn't unbeatable this year in them anyway)

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:13 PM
:lol: None of it matters...when 3 of her losses have come at U.S. Open, YEC and Oz open...and only at YEC she even reached the final.

:bs:
The tier I mattered to the haters when Caro had not won one yet. Now suddenly all of them are MM tournaments that do not matter at all :lol:

BTW, why are you always posting crap about Caro? :rolleyes:

Lapaco
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM

Nice achievement..but in this era when your biggest concurrent is Vika Azarenka, tsjaa..:lol:

she only reached the yec final because clijsters tanked against zvonareva.

young_gunner913
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM
So?

barmaid
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM

No bowing until she surpasses Hingis' stats and even win a slam...Caro has been in several...with zero results:p...give 5 time GS Champions and 43 titles more respect...Martina is a legend.:worship:..Carlo has had a great run....but the big "one" still eludes her.:rolleyes:

Barmaid:wavey:

The Daviator
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Funny thing is, up until Montreal, everyone was trashing her for not winning a Tier I. Then she went and won 5 in a row and now Tier Is have no significance at all and all the posts are about SL$amzes!!!

Y'all better enjoy April and May, cos come June/July, you won't have anything to say :lol:

Lachy
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Where the fck is Kvitova when you need her? :rolls:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
No bowing until she surpasses Hingis' stats and even win a slam...Caro has been in several...with zero results:p...give 5 time GS Champions and 43 titles more respect...Martina is a legend.:worship:..Carlo has had a great run....but the big "one" still eludes her.:rolleyes:

Barmaid:wavey:

Do you know what "irony" is?

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
The tier I mattered to the haters when Caro had not won one yet. Now suddenly all of them are MM tournaments that do not matter at all :lol:

So now tier I is the holy grail of tennis, Matt? Is that what you're saying? Tier I's are nice..but considering the quality of the field...:shrug:
In the days you had to beat Kim, Jennifer back to back just to win Miami...so that was equivalent to a major almost.

With Caro it's telling that where the opposition was the strongest, e.g.: at the majors, that she still hasn't managed to get the job done. Not needing to win majors just yet..but she isn't even reaching the F.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Funny thing is, up until Montreal, everyone was trashing her for not winning a Tier I. Then she went and won 5 in a row and now Tier Is have no significance at all and all the posts are about SL$amzes!!!

Y'all better enjoy April and May, cos come June/July, you won't have anything to say :lol:

It's ALWAYS and ONLY about the majors. Caro made first step by winning tier I's... her strongest opponent in those was Vera Z. Ok, can pass..she's no Kim, but ok..now the second step is: reaching a major final.

It comes with the territory...when you become no.1, then it's all about the majors.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
So now tier I is the holy grail of tennis, Matt? Is that what you're saying? Tier I's are nice..but considering the quality of the field...:shrug:
In the days you had to beat Kim, Jennifer back to back just to win Miami...so that was equivalent to a major almost.

With Caro it's telling that where the opposition was the strongest, e.g.: at the majors, that she still hasn't managed to get the job done. Not needing to win majors just yet..but she isn't even reaching the F.

Caro is 20. She has played exactly 2 Slams since she won her first Tier I so give her some time for f*cks sake :rolleyes:

And I'm sure you were also complaining about "quality of the field" when your fave won her RG title or after she collected the Slam titles after Kim and Justine were retired :rolleyes:

And no, Tier I's are not the holy grail of tennis but they are not irrelevant, either.

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It's ALWAYS and ONLY about the majors.

:bs: It's players with that attitude who are destroying the tour and then their fanboys are coming here and complain about Wozniacki and belittle her achievements :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It's ALWAYS and ONLY about the majors. Caro made first step by winning tier I's... her strongest opponent in those was Vera Z. Ok, can pass..she's no Kim, but ok..now the second step is: reaching a major final.

It comes with the territory...when you become no.1, then it's all about the majors.

Give her a chance, she's been in the semis of the last two, she's going in the right direction and in the meantime all she can do is win the other events on tour, which she is doing with ease.

She has played Kim twice, and the last time she played a sister was YEC '09. Not her fault they are missing.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Caro is 20. She has played exactly 2 Slams since she won her first Tier I so give her some time for f*cks sake :rolleyes:

And I'm sure you were also complaining about "quality of the field" when your fave won her RG title or after she collected the Slam titles after Kim and Justine were retired :rolleyes:

And no, Tier I's are not the holy grail of tennis but they are not irrelevant, either.

You know the saying; What's good arrives early. ;)

Ohhh, we're gonna go down the route?! when Serena won RG..she beat Capriati, the defending champ, and was to meet Juju in the QF. But we forgot about anniko Kapros, so whose fault is that? besides...Serena that year was RU at Berlin, won Rome..so she was arguably at least 2nd best clay-courter that year. Don't talk, Matt..don't talk.

And oh yeah..Juju and Kim came back and guess what? Serena KEPT winning..remember oz open ' 10?!

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Ohhh, we're gonna go down the route?! when Serena won RG..she beat Capriati, the defending champ, and was to meet Juju in the QF. But we forgot about anniko Kapros, so whose fault is that? besides...Serena that year was RU at Berlin, won Rome..so she was arguably at least 2nd best clay-courter that year. Don't talk, Matt..don't talk.

Double standard much? :lol: So when Justine was ill and lost to Kapros, it wasn't Serena's fault. But Caro is just lucky when she's winning in depleted fields when players like Kim or the WS don't care about the tour?

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I've already told you Caro's age. :weirdo: Other players won Slams at much later ages...

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:31 PM
:bs: It's players with that attitude who are destroying the tour and then their fanboys are coming here and complain about Wozniacki and belittle her achievements :rolleyes:

I don't belittle Caro's achievements...I place them in proper context. ;)
Nah, Caro's good. I just want her to play a bit more aggressive..I know she can do it.

Smitten
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Which slam, in your deluded mind, will she win in June and July? Roland Garros or Wimbledon. :lol:

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Double standard much? :lol: So when Justine was ill and lost to Kapros, it wasn't Serena's fault. But Caro is just lucky when she's winning in depleted fields when players like Kim or the WS don't care about the tour?

Double standard? Juju was in the draw and lost. Of course we can put it on illness, but two years later she lost to the Italian chick, sooo...Serena WASN'T in the draws...and it doesn't matter, ' cause Caro still hasn't won a major anyway.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I've already told you Caro's age. :weirdo: Other players won Slams at much later ages...

relax, toro...we will see how Caro does at the upcoming majors.

Vee Williams
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't belittle Caro's achievements...I place them in proper context. ;)
Nah, Caro's good. I just want her to play a bit more aggressive..I know she can do it.

She has a winning game right now, beating most of the tour. She also has a developing game, although the direction of this development won't be decided by us on here. I doubt she will want to become more aggressive just because you want her to or because other tennis fans don't like her current game.

Javi.
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, It's true. Only Slams care. Serena and Kim are right. Let's just delete the whole wta calendar to reduce to 5 tournaments.
Lol, with fans like many of you, wtatour doesn't need enemies

2Black
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Not on Top Spin 4, she isn't... I'm making it a point to whoop her tail. :lol:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:55 PM
relax, toro...we will see how Caro does at the upcoming majors.

Yeah, we'll see. There's not another Slam taking place in some time so in the meantime it would be nice if you would stop saying how much Caro sucks since she still hasn't won a Slam.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:58 PM
She has a winning game right now, beating most of the tour. She also has a developing game, although the direction of this development won't be decided by us on here. I doubt she will want to become more aggressive just because you want her to or because other tennis fans don't like her current game.

A winning game it is..but not a GS-winning game. Only the ones who aren't afraid to pull the trigger are the ones who can win the real big titles.
History has shown.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, we'll see. There's not another Slam taking place in some time so in the meantime it would be nice if you would stop saying how much Caro sucks since she still hasn't won a Slam.

I don't think she sucks...just don't think that we can call her dominating this, when she doesn't even have a major F on her resume for the past 52 weeks. She's going strong right now..hopefully she keeps it up and adds credibility to her domination by winning a major. :yeah: :cool:

irma
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I don't think she sucks...just don't think that we can call her dominating this, when she doesn't even have a major F on her resume for the past 52 weeks. She's going strong right now..hopefully she keeps it up and adds credibility to her domination by winning a major. :yeah: :cool:

14 tournaments at 20 and 9(?) months isn't unique. I don't say it isn't a good (or great for that matter) achievement since most players will never win a wta tournament at all but it's definitely not anywhere close to any record

The Daviator
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Which slam, in your deluded mind, will she win in June and July? Roland Garros or Wimbledon. :lol:

At least one of them.

Which player, in your deluded mind, will stop her? :lol:

Miracle Worker
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
At least one of them.

I'm sorry, but...

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/126826d1259711947-animated-gif-thread-4eb9dp77.gif

Doully
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM
And who exactly is Caro's main competition at this point in time?

Smitten
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
At least one of them.

Which player, in your deluded mind, will stop her? :lol:

I'm willing to make a substantial cash bet between you and I that Karolina does not win Coupe Suzanne Lenglen or the Venus Rosewater Dish for 2011.

Absolutely no chance.

Sammo
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It's not like just slams care, but winning Tier I's in a row it's not like winning Grand Slams in a row, it's almost irrelevant, what really counts is how many Tier I's you won in your career, Martina won 17 :cool:

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
This hype Caroline needs to stop, there are about 10 threads about her in the main page. Just leave us alone we will give her some credit when she will win a major and that's the main goal of a N1 no matter what she or her delusional fans says.

The Daviator
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm willing to make a substantial cash bet between you and I that Karolina does not win Coupe Suzanne Lenglen or the Venus Rosewater Dish for 2011.

Absolutely no chance.

Yeah, the World #1 who has won 70 of her last 78 matches has 'absolutely' no chance of winning a tournament where her biggest threats are Zvonareva and Schiavone. Absolutely none.

Keep your cash, the only thing you'll lose is your pride.

Smitten
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the World #1 who has won 70 of her last 78 matches has 'absolutely' no chance of winning a tournament where her biggest threats are Zvonareva and Schiavone. Absolutely none.

Stakes are on.

Note: It doesn't take "good" players like Zvonareva and Schiavone to outplay Karolina on these two surfaces. :lol:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM

:lol:

:wavey:

LCS
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
It helps to read the Thread Title.

If only the thread title wasn't such a hot mess. :o

And don't even compare Hingis and Graf to a minion like Wozniacki. By this age Hingis had won all 5 of her slam titles and countless Tier 1s. :wavey:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
If only the thread title wasn't such a hot mess. :o

And don't even compare Hingis and Graf to a minion like Wozniacki. By this age Hingis had won all 5 of her slam titles and countless Tier 1s. :wavey:

And Henin at this age did not have a single Slam but ended up with more than Hingis later. Relevance?

Craig.
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
So?

Preach it, sista.

Flabbergaster
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry, but an accomplishment is an accomplishment. You should be happy that Wozniacki is doing something that no one is doing.

Caro has won over half the tournaments she played since Wimbledon.
Her record has to be something like 70-8 over her last 15 tournaments

This I think. I also doubt Serena can come back even though I'm desperate for her to do so and this leaves a huge gap.

I just want Caroline to now win that slam and we truly are in the new era.

Yeah, It's true. Only Slams care. Serena and Kim are right. Let's just delete the whole wta calendar to reduce to 5 tournaments.
Lol, with fans like many of you, wtatour doesn't need enemies

I am Flabbergaster. And I approve these messages :angel:

Matt01
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I am Flabbergaster. And I approve these messages :angel:

Flabbergaster is getting a good rep now :angel:

terjw
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM

Bandabau is just spamming. Nearly all his posts are on Caro. He loves bashing Caro for no slam when Justine, Kim, Momo, Lindz didn't have slams at her age, loves bashing Caro for winning in weak eras. But he bristles if you say Serena grabbed about 5 slams in this weak era as an opportunist, and more when Justine wan't playing, or hasn't won a regular WTA tournament outside YEC for a long time or was the only player in history ever to have won a slam without beating a top 10 player.

You can play this belittling achievements two ways. Serena has far more to lose than Caro if we say they don't count.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Haters in this thread are pathetic. Wozniacki is the future of the tour and also the present. She will win many slams, many more tier 1s and many more titles. She will be in the top 10 of everything and in the top 10 players of all time the way she is going :wavey:

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Flabbergaster is getting a good rep now :angel:

I'm gonna start praising Caro just to get a good rep from you :cheer:.

Cause thats how it works right:scratch:?

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Bandabau is just spamming. Nearly all his posts are on Caro. He loves bashing Caro for no slam when Justine, Kim, Momo, Lindz didn't have slams at her age, loves bashing Caro for winning in weak eras. But he bristles if you say Serena grabbed about 5 slams in this weak era as an opportunist, and more when Justine wan't playing, or hasn't won a regular WTA tournament outside YEC for a long time or was the only player in history ever to have won a slam without beating a top 10 player.

You can play this belittling achievements two ways. Serena has far more to lose than Caro if we say they don't count.

Terjw, please never again use Serena and Caro in the same sentence. Please, please.
As I told you many times already: Serena IS the standard..it doesn't matter who was or wasn't there. Only matters if Serena was there.

I only commented on Caro in that her game isn't a major-winning game yet.

terjw
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Terjw, please never again use Serena and Caro in the same sentence. Please, please.
As I told you many times already: Serena IS the standard..it doesn't matter who was or wasn't there. Only matters if Serena was there.

I only commented on Caro in that her game isn't a major-winning game yet.

As I said - you bristle when anyone mentions Serena. But you are quite happy to spam and deride Caro. Your post proves my point. If we are going to pick faults with who players played - Serena has far far more to lose. And if you continue to spend all your time in Caro threads and talk about who Caro beats and weak eras - I will talk abut Serena playing in the same weak era and only player ever to have won a grand slam not beating any top 10 player. Your choice.

eDonkey
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Haters in this thread are pathetic. Wozniacki is the future of the tour and also the present. She will win many slams, many more tier 1s and many more titles. She will be in the top 10 of everything and in the top 10 players of all time the way she is going :wavey:
She will not win as many slams as Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova would have got much better by the time the Williams, Clijsters, Jankovic, etc. retire. :p

But she will get a slam sooner or later, that's for sure.:worship:

LightWarrior
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Wow I'm impressed. Wouldn't it be cool if she keeps being succesful at tier 1 while remaining slamless til she retires ?

pancake
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:14 PM
And Henin at this age did not have a single Slam but ended up with more than Hingis later. Relevance?

So maybe OP shouldnt have started this thread until everyone's career is over coz who knows what's gonna happen, and maybe you should not mention Wozniacki is only 20 when winning so many matches because it can probably mean nothing.

Mynarco
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Caro fans are just desperate

AcesHigh
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Caro fans are just desperate

Then I'm not sure what to call Caro haters. What's 10x worse than desperate?

The Dawntreader
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Then I'm not sure what to call Caro haters. What's 10x worse than desperate?

Sarah Palin.

Matt01
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna start praising Caro just to get a good rep from you :cheer:.

Cause thats how it works right:scratch:?

People with Sharapova and Federer in their sig do not get any good reps from me, that's how it works. :smoke:

Matt01
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:54 AM
So maybe OP shouldnt have started this thread until everyone's career is over coz who knows what's gonna happen, and maybe you should not mention Wozniacki is only 20 when winning so many matches because it can probably mean nothing.

I'm replying that to people who tell me that Caro is "still" slamless which is a pretty dumb argument. No, Caro's young age is no guarantee that she will win any Slams but it is very probable that she will still have extremely lots of time to win them.

Smitten
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM

The funny thing is Zvonareva and Schiavone are brought up when the beat her in 2 of 4 slams on her ranking.

Didn't Karolina also win Copenhagen, Canada(beating Zvonareva), New Haven, then reaching the USO SF where she was stopped by..... Vera Zvonareva.

Didn't Karolina show up last year to a Clijsters-less Roland Garros and lose to..... Francesca Schiavone.

So for these players to be shaded as non-entities is questionable since they have stopped her twice combined in the last 52 weeks in majors.

networthy
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Caro is nothing special, she has no legacy to give to tennis. None what so ever. Hingis gave tennis skill, Williams sisters gave power, Henin athleticism, Sharapova detirmination... even Jankovic gave showmanship

Oh, yeah? Well, what about pushmanship?

bandabou
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:34 AM
As I said - you bristle when anyone mentions Serena. But you are quite happy to spam and deride Caro. Your post proves my point. If we are going to pick faults with who players played - Serena has far far more to lose. And if you continue to spend all your time in Caro threads and talk about who Caro beats and weak eras - I will talk abut Serena playing in the same weak era and only player ever to have won a grand slam not beating any top 10 player. Your choice.

:lol: Difference is: Serena was WINNING the biggies..weak era or not, Serena ALWAYS won. Caro? Still lots left to prove to us, even in this weak era.

Sp!ffy
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:15 AM
People with Sharapova and Federer in their sig do not get any good reps from me, that's how it works. :smoke:

Lol, you have something against champions? Do you support Murray, too? :happy:

Matt01
Apr 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Lol, you have something against champions? Do you support Murray, too? :happy:

I have something arrogant players, hence my post above. :wavey:

kman
Apr 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
So?

Caroline = consistency

QuietPlease
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Nothing strange about Caroline not winning a slam yet. No one has from her generation. The youngest slam winner is still Ana Ivanovic born November 1987. No one born 1988 or later has ever won a slam.

The days of teenagers dominating womens tennis are over.

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM
The days of teenagers dominating womens tennis are over.Its possible there will be future phenoms who win as teens.
But Caroline has consistently improved every year, and is definately at or very close to the top of the pack now, and still 20.
If she was a stock, her future would be a 'buy'

GrandMartha
Apr 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM

:spit:

QuietPlease
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Incase you are counting it, Charleston wasn't a tier I.

You're right of course. Charleston was a tier 1 from 1990 to 2008, but not any longer. But OP didn't count it. Caroline did win 5 tier 1s in a row (Montreal, Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai & Indian Wells).

No these are not Slams. No Caroline never won a slam, but a record is still a record!
No one ever won 5 tier 1s in a row before. In fact Hingis is the only other to win 3 in a row (Montreal, Zürich & Moscow in 2000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Tier_I_tournaments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Premier_tournaments

Obviously Hingis achieved so much than Caroline though. For now :devil:

AkademiQ
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
B

This is laughable and simply ridiculous. Serena's place is stamped in history. You Caroline fans are clinging to consistency. Goody for Caroline doing whatever the fastest. I'll forever take Serena's everything over Caroline's achievements. Give it up.

Kairi
Apr 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM

:haha:

TTomek
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
how the hell Caro would win something that no longer exists :sobbing:

The WTA Tier I tournaments were Women's Tennis Association tennis elite tournaments held from 1988 until 2008 season.

:scratch:

poulao
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Not even in Hingis-Graf years.
:worship::worship::worship:

Okay, we have heard it, it's slams we want :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Okay, we have heard it, it's slams we want :lol:We want it all. Years at #1, dozens & dozens of titles, tens of millions in prizemoney, and multiple majors.

Olórin
Apr 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
We want it all. Years at #1, dozens & dozens of titles, tens of millions in prizemoney, and multiple majors.

Good luck with that.

QuietPlease
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Premier 5/Premier Mandatory. Easier to call them Tier I. Same thing anyway.

LCS
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM

The relevance was that Wozniacki was being compared to Graf and Hingis, not Henin. :facepalm:

sammy01
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:26 PM

posts like this are the ones that annoy me. when we are talking slams it is who is competition for kim? you would think when reading posts like this that caro had won the us open, YEC and the oz open :help:

Lucemferre
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM
We want it all. Years at #1, dozens & dozens of titles, tens of millions in prizemoney, and multiple majors.

You won't get any of these. Caroline will.

Miracle Worker
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
You won't get any of these. Caroline will.

:yeah:

goldenlox
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I was using 'we' that I quoted. I want the players to earn money.

hurricanejeanne
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:53 PM

:hysteric:

Anyways, until Caro wins 5 to 22 slams, she cannot be compared to the likes of Hingis' and Graf's achievements. :shrug:

Matt01
Apr 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM
The relevance was that Wozniacki was being compared to Graf and Hingis, not Henin. :facepalm:

:weirdo:

Smitten
Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM

Absolutely no chance.

:lol: Karolina failing to make the QF of either event.
:lol: Karolina losing to Hantuchova and Cibulkova on their respective worst surfaces.