PDA

View Full Version : When will Wozniacki burn out?

SwingVolley93
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
She plays SO much, when will it catch up to her?:confused:

TennisFan66
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
:yawn: good night.

Kairi
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
oh dear......3.....2.....1...

Sp!ffy
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
4 times a year it seems :happy:

SwingVolley93
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Hahahaha :lol:

Setsuna.
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
:facepalm:

tea
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Reported.

MaBaker
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Reported.
Reported.

SwingVolley93
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Reported.

For?

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hopefully Caroline will have a long healthy career.
She seems healthy now, and having a great time.

BartoLiNa
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
She still hasn't peaked yet imo.

tea
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
For?
For violating the rules.

Gdsimmons
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Lmao!! :lol::lol:

But seriously Wozniacki needs to chill with all this playing. Shes the 'number one player' and no on is going to catch her soon. She loves playing tennis thats fine and dandy but she's gonna kill herself playing like this

SwingVolley93
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Lmao!! :lol::lol:

But seriously Wozniacki needs to chill with all this playing. Shes the 'number one player' and no on is going to catch her soon. She loves playing tennis thats fine and dandy but she's gonna kill herself playing like this

Exactly my point! Same thing happened to Jaja in 2008 I believe :cool:

And tea please leave this thread.:angel:

Flabbergaster
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
She seems to be doing just fine.
I fear for the day when she starts listening to quacks like some of the posters in here.:wavey:

Tennis experts and physiotherapists what a treat!:lol:

Mynarco
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know. Maybe technology can help her improve her fitness so that she won't burn out after playing 392784932849 matches. That's possible I guess. Because Woz looks like a threat in every tournament she plays

zhengjieforever
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
i think being able to avoid injuries, whether chronic injuries or freak accidents, is one of the greatest "skills" an athlete can possess. wozniacki appears to possess that. still, even she will probably not be able to play like this until she's 30.

VeeJJ
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
When she's in her late 20's. You have a while.

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I think she will play less as she gets older.
Young players want to play. They enjoy matches more than practice.
A lot of the older players HAVE to take breaks. Their bodies dont recover as quickly as they used to.

WTAtennisfan15
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
She won't burnt out, because she uses seemingly low amount of energy on court! ;)

Kairi
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM

:haha: :lol::lol::lol:

Matt01
If she keeps playing pointless tournaments that don't fit into a #1's schedule (like Charleston) and keeps playing pointless exhibitions directly afterwards (Monte Carlo) then I fear it will happen soon :sad:

Mary Cherry.
Half of the top 10 have played just as many, if not more tournaments than Wozniacki so far this year.

She only plays more matches because she wins more matches. You can't really criticise her for that.

zarl
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Shes not playing much more than other top 10 players.. in 2011

If you count out kim

RR-87
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM

:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

The Witch-king
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM

That was actually funny :unsure:

Temperenka
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
There will soon be a buffet of word eating on this forum.

If Caroline and Vika keep porgressing the way they are, they have the potential to share the slams for a long time. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it very easily could.

Noctis
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't know,but probaly soon,especially on clay :oh:

mb011
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Her current career state looks much like JJ's in 2007/08, and everyone who said then that it is going to kill har career soon, was right, it seems. Caroline is also playing way too much, and if she is not smart, it might hurt her career the same way...

only difference is that in 2007/08 we had Williams sisters, Henin for some time, Safina, Dementieva, and no one could be this dominant, situation now is far worse in women's tennis. Caro's best strenght at the moment is that she seems to be the only player on tour that really CARES, and when I say this, I mean you can see she wants to win, you see the passion on court. Unlike Jelena, Stosur and some others in top ten...

VeeJJ
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:02 PM
It's funny how there are threads like this when Woz wins a lot but there are/were NEVER threads like this when Kim/Serena/Venus/Justine won consistently or played often.

Matt01
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
She only plays more matches because she wins more matches. You can't really criticise her for that.

If you win more matches than others then you also have to play less tournaments than others. Simple as that.

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Her current career state looks much like JJ's in 2007/08, and everyone who said then that it is going to kill har career soon, was right, it seems. Caroline is also playing way too much, and if she is not smart, it might hurt her career the same way...

only difference is that in 2007/08 we had Williams sisters, Henin for some time, Safina, Dementieva, and no one could be this dominant, situation now is far worse in women's tennis. Caro's best strenght at the moment is that she seems to be the only player on tour that really CARES, and when I say this, I mean you can see she wants to win, you see the passion on court. Unlike Jelena, Stosur and some others in top ten...Her effort level and focus are very high. But if they drop, she will lose, and have time off

bobbychin (http://twitter.com/bobbychin)

Elena Vesnina on Caroline Wozniacki: "Sometimes you feel that she's everywhere on the court."

Craig.
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:05 PM

Reported.

I can't.

Mixal
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I don't know,but probaly soon,especially on clay :oh:

Tea will not be happy when she reads this :(

Flabbergaster
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
If you win more matches than others then you also have to play less tournaments than others. Simple as that.

No dude, it is not that simple!

Is there some magical figure that applies for all female/male pro tennis players, which dictates that if they reach that figure they will burn out or have serious prolonged injuries?

Or does it variate from player to player, depending on their age, their genes, the amount and type of physical training they have undertaken.

Of course she shouldn't play each and every single tournament out there. That's not my point.
My point is most of you in here are just talking out your arse about stuff you have no clue about.:p

GoofyDuck
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM

HAHA :lol:

That really put a smile on my face. :haha:

in before called a hater: I am not a Caro fan! :wavey:

Stamp Paid
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I hope never.
I love how she makes 50% of this site mad :lol::lol:

GoofyDuck
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Should happen soon.
It's physically not normal that someone with the body size of Kleybanova can run up and down like that everyday.

Vartan
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:18 PM

:lol:

Matt01
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
My point is most of you in here are just talking out your arse about stuff you have no clue about.:p

Wrong. I know a lot about this stuff ;)

Caro as #1 player needs to adjust her schedule, every sane person who knows a little bit about tennis will support me on that.

Beat
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM

and, pray tell, how do you know beforehand that you're going to win win 3, 4, 5 matches in a tournament?

Sammo
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
You know, her head is getting bigger and bigger because of all the pressure she is accumulating, so it's a matter of time until it explodes

backhandsmash
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM

That was pretty funny.

I hope she will get it down to 3 or 2 this year, of course.

timafi
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
who cares as long as she doesn't win any major:shrug:

doni1212
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM

:rolls:

tkutsaar
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Is this truly a medical discussion? Is there a medical survey that determines how many tournaments one can safely play? What about if you lose in the 1st Rd? Does that mean you can increase one tournament if that happens? Or if you are a finalist must you deduct a tournament? Maybe the true test is how many matches one plays in a year. So if one is in a lot of finals in a row one ought to quit after the USO. But if one is a perennial 1st Rd loser then one is safe in entering every tournament that one can.

Lucemferre
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
She should see Nadal's doctors.Then she can go on forever but with 'injury' breaks in between her amazing unbeaten runs.

Dodoboy.
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Never.

http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/6/6/upload/b23847c9.gif

Joelina
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Alarmed
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM
She can play as much as she wants really. I don't care how many tournaments she wins, because she still hasn't come close to winning a Slam.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
It's better to burn out early, than never to catch fire like some.

Bingain
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I think she'll get burned out when she's finally learned, like from Kimmy or Serena, that after a few slam titles "thou shalt slow down."

Seriously, I think off-court activities seem to put more toll on her than tournaments. She seems to recover very well after physical matches. It's indeed something special. Her biggest threat so far probably isn't about burn out, because she's still eager to win and wants to win slams. Injury is IMO a bigger threat. Hope she can be careful and get away from them.

MiiMo
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Why not during the French actually ?

MB.
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Exactly my point! Same thing happened to Jaja in 2008 I believe :cool:

Jelena made the SF of AO and the SF of RG--she went on to be a runner up at the USO and won three tournaments in a row in the post swing. Hardly "burned out"--if anything, she got stronger with matchplay.

Woz is still young enough to play all the time--but her gamestyle requires a lot more energy than most top 10 players. It's obviously a point towards her excellent fitness.

goldlion
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:04 AM
If Kim is the opportunist, Caroline is the gold one.

She just makes winning a trophy look so easy these days as she's winning here and there.

I like her career so far, hate her style of game tho.

As for Azarenka, she's always underachieved. When you think she's gonna do well, she screws up.

Just like last year's USO, a concussion? How could it even happen to be honest?

thegreendestiny
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:19 AM
In time for RG. She won will win Rome and Madrid. :tape:

danieln1
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Jankovic overplayed in 2006-2008, in 2009 injuries caught up to her and she was never the same, her body couldn´t hold up the constant playing in this period, and the GOAT quote from Jelena: "I prefer to play matches than to do training..." or something like that

Safina overplayed in 2008/2009, and at the end of 09 she almost broke her back, very serious
injury...

Also with Henin when she was winning left and right in 2006/2007, then she had some injuries and in 08 she was finished.....

Only time will tell if Wozniacki will be healthy for a lenghty period or if her body will break down at some point

C. W. Fields
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Is anyone asking Peng Shuai this same question? She has played 39 matches this year compared to Caro's 30! Bartoli also would have played more matches than Caro if she had reached Charleston SF like she was 'supposed' to.
I'm not too worried yet about Caro's match play if only she learns to not say yes to every WTA activity off court. She seems to have very good genes and recovers well but it's common knowledge your ability to recover lessens if you're stressed. If only Caro has time to relax, go shopping, hang with her friends etc. between matches I think she can handle playing 80 or so matches per season for a couple of years.
Except for the 1 set exo match today this week is tennis free. Next week is Stuttgart where she'll play 4 matches at the most and then she has another week off. If she goes deep in Madrid and Rome she should definitely not play Bruxelles the week before FO, but other than that I don't think her clay schedule looks too demanding. Don't forget she has 1R bye in just about every non-slam tournament.

faboozadoo15
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Her resilience is really remarkable so far. I'm consistently surprised with how many tournaments she plans on playing. It almost seems greedy. Her genes and training must be quite a rare combo. We rarely even see her looking tired, and given her game style, that's extraordinary if you ask me. Her mental fortitude has been impressive lately too.

Serenus Christ
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
It's happened to everyone
Capriati, Hingis, Williams, Clijsters..

Some take a break (sometimes involuntarily) and comeback, some never do..

Olórin
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Reported.

:happy:

SweetSeduction
Jul 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM
The gurl is burnt. :oh:

caroalltheway
Jul 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Caro will never burnout. Keep trying haters.:devil: I believe Thomas Hogstedt will take Caro's game to the next level. You all better start praying for your faves.:D

leftbrian
Jul 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
How many points is she defending post-USO?